Witch Academy | TaeKook ✓

By pohpih

Considering his past, it had never been Jungkook's intention to put himself at risk, or to get involved in da... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LXI
LXII
LXIII
LXIV
LXV
LVI
LVII
LVIII
LIX
LX
LXI
LXII
LXIII
LXIV
LXV
LXVI
LXVII
LXVIII
LXIX
LXX
LXXI
LXXII
LXXIII
LXXIV
LXXV
LXXVII
LXXVIII
LXXIX
LXXX
LXXXI
LXXXII
LXXXIII
LXXXIV
LXXXV
LXXXVI
LXXXVII
LXXXVIII
LXXXIX
XC
XCI
XCII
XCIII
XCIX
XCV
XCVI
XCVII

LXXVI

114 12 0
By pohpih

144 weeks.

That's how long it has been since Jungkook went away to hell. And since then, he hadn't heard anything from him. Noone had.

𖤐𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝙰𝚌𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚢𖤐

Taehyung's hand slightly trembled as he striked off the 144th week from his calendar.
The red ink of the marker dripping down from the paper, slowly found its way onto his thighs, colouring his black pants to a claret red.

Taehyung looked at the stain with empty eyes, slowly getting the urge to itch inside his throat. Yet it was far off his reach unless he wanted to cut it open and slide his hand in.

Consumed by the urge to even realize, suddenly, the doorbell rang. It got rung at least a good 4 times until Taehyung came back to his senses from the sound and looked out the window.
Shaking off the disturbing toughts, he placed the marker down onto his office desk before standing up to leave the room.

He went downstairs and opened the front door, only to be greeted by an adorable little girl who jumped right into his arms. She had pitch black eyes with the shape of an almond, that resembled of Jungkook's, and small lips that resembled of Aimi's. Yet her other features were much like his father, who did not seemed to be beside her today.

"Taee! I missed you soo soo much!"

Taehyung smiled. Yet there was a hint of pain behind it, which the small one was too young to realize.

"Really? How much?"

The little one pulled herself back from the hug to raise her hands up as much as she could while standing on her tippy toes.

"Thiiis much!"

Taehyung chuckled before standing up to his feet to greet her mother who had been standing at the doorway.

"What brings you here?"

Aimi greeted him with a smile before handing him a basket full of freshly baked ponchiki's.

"Liz had been nagging these past few days to come see you so i had to bring her. Hope it isn't too much trouble for you... since you're busy these days."

Taehyung shook his head, while patting Liz with his hand.

"It's fine. Will you stay as well?"

Aimi covered her mouth, seeming somehwat in tought about something.

"I would've liked to... but... it's been long since me and Baal have been alone... as you know..."

Taehyung looked away as he oh'ed. So that's why Baal wasn't here.

"Okay then, i can look after her."

Aimi clapped her hands together happily and nodded.

"That's great! Thanks a lot again and have fun! And Liz, please behave and don't make a mess like you did last time. Well, bye then!"

After walking away, Taehyung slowly closed the door and turned to Liz, who seemed to be pouting from her mother scolding her just now.

So he went down on his knee and placed his hand on her shoulder.

"What's wrong?"

Liz shrugged, looking down.

"About that mess i made... are you angry at me? You always smile and say it's okay b-but, i know i did wrong. So you can scold me too!"

Taehyung couldn't help but smile at her yet again and said:

"I'm afraid i can't do that. Such a pretty princess like you should be praised more. Not scolded."

Liz softly giggled before jumping onto Taehyung's back. She wrapped her arms around his neck and jumped up.

"The princess wants to be carried then! I want some cake!"

Taehyung hummed, standing up while carrying her on her back to the kitchen.

Later, they were both seated on the kitchen counter, Taehyung watching while Liz stuffed some cake inside her mouth.

"Uncle Tae... aren't you lonely too sometimes?"

Taehyung tilted his head, curious.

"What do you mean by too?"

Liz swallowed the cake and then wiped away the white frosting from her lips before speaking again.

"My mom said that uncle Kook is very lonely beacuse he deeply misses you. Do you miss him too?"

Taehyung's eyes slowly fell down, his lips seeming bitter. Yet his feelings were in their right place. In his heart.

"I do feel lonely all the time... and there is not a moment that passes by without me missing him."

Liz's eyes widened brightly as she flashed a big smile.

"Woaah! You two, do have a legendary love as dad says! It sounds like true love..."

Taehyung chuckled while scratching his neck. As he did, Liz' eyes shot at the ring he had on and pointed at it.

"Did uncle Kook give you that ring?"

Taehyung paused, then looking down.
Liz had always admired how pretty the ring was, and how Taehyung never took it off. She knew that it was special but had never questioned it due to her age and how she kept forgotting to do so. But now, since the topic had come there, she decided to spill her curiosity.

"He... did. Why, do you like it?"

Liz nodded as she looked at his hand.

"Yes! It's really pretty! Tae, could you tell me about how you two met?"

Taehyung got taken aback by her request but started to tell her neverthless. Those days were long in the past, yet reminding himself wouldn't be any bad either. Just make him feel sad. That is all.

"It... was a long time ago. When i didn't used to be myself quiet yet."

Liz puckered her lips, tilting her head.

"What does that mean?"

Taehyung smiled and slid his hand down her head, brushing her hair between his fingers as he did.

"You'll understand when you grow up. Let's just say that i had a bad life before he came into my life. But then, he made me want to live and... gave me a reason to love myself."

Liz wow'ed in captivation and gave out a dreamy sigh.

"Woaah... my uncle is such a romantic.."

Taehyung laughed at the tought, shaking his head.

"You think? I think you'll be much suprised when you meet him one day."

Liz smiled.

"I hope i meet him."

Taehyung hummed, his gaze slowly falling down. As Liz saw him get gloomy all of a sudden, she jumped down her seat and hugged his leg.

"But Tae- don't you have work today?"

Taehyung oh'ed as he looked at the time on his wrist.

"I do. Did you finish your cake?"

She nodded.

"Then we can go now. Come, i'll grab my jacket while you wait at the door."

As he slowly walked passed her, Liz's eyes caught something.

"Did you bleed on your leg?"

Taehyung paused before looking at the ink stain from a while ago.

"Oh... it's just ink. I'll change it real quick."

𖤐𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝙰𝚌𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚢𖤐

The hallways of the academy were moderately loud as always, filled with the voices of the students.
Contrary to Taehyung's office, there was no sound in it at all. While Liz played on her own on the floor, drawing things, Taehyung was working on some work related documents.

In the midst of the quietness, suddenly, there was a knock on the door. It was soft yet had a pattern, so Taehyung immediately knew who it was.

"Yoongi- come in."

Yoongi's slow steps came into the room. He quietly waved his hand to greet Liz before turning his attention back to Taehyung.

"These are from the council. It seems Lee has settled there and has become an official member."

Taehyung glanced at the letters before telling him to put them on the table.

Lee had long retired from being the high priest and was appointed to a higher position by the higher ups at the council of witches.

"They didn't need to send a notice."

Yoongi gave a light glance to Taehyung's hands, then at the ring. His eyes then slowly fell on his bloody skin around his nails, chapped up and broken from biting on them.

He must've been stressed. Is what he tought.

"As the new high priest, i suppose it is your right to be informed on it wether you like it or not. But just as advice... if you read them it'll be proper."

Taehyung touched his temple with his fingers and slowly massaged it while leaning his back on his seat.
He was not only stressed, but also a bit unwell.
And Yoongi saw that.

"You... don't seem soo well. Do you still have trouble sleeping?"

Taehyung frowned, looking away.

"A little... but i should be fine after a cup of coffee."

Yoongi looked at the time and then back at him.

"And you seem to have lost weight again. Are you still not eating?"

Taehyung shook his head, looking down, up or wherever he could to avoid his gaze.

"I am... just don't have too much of an apetite."

Yoongi crossed his arms.

"You know, you've been like this since Jungkook left- if you continue like this then-"

Taehyung's expression tensed while his body became stiff.

"It's not like he will come back if i don't. Just... stop it. I'm not in the mood today."

Yoongi squinted his eyes, annoyed. He understood Taehyung's pain, as he himself had lost his dear friend, not knowing if he will ever come back. Yet the fact that he was letting go of life soo easily was making him angry. He hated how he seemed so vulnerable. So he continued to nag him on it while Taehyung slightly raised his voice at him with anger and annoyance.

Meanwhile Liz got suddenly started as she listened to their arguement. He had never seen Taehyung soo stressed like that. He seemed hurt, she tought.

"Just stop talking about him! What is your deal?"

Yoongi scoffed.

"My deal? My deal is that you became weak! Why would you loose hope that much and let it go? I'm just trying to express my worry to you!"

Taehyung frowned as he stood up and slammed his hands on the table.

"Why does it even matter to you? Ever since you started working as my assistant you've been pretending to be my close friend! Face it- i'm just your replacement for him!"

Yoongi frowned back, angry.

"Replacement? After seeing my loyalty to you- you see me as a two faced liar? Is that it?"

Taehyung sighed, tired of talking.

"Why do you even care what i think about you? Just leave it- you being worried is something that i don't need right now!"

Yoongi sighed in frustration before shaking his head. His voice slowly became calm yet he still continued to stress his words.

"If i don't then who will? Your father is gone, your brother is abscent minded as usual and Jungkook is gone! So-"

Taehyung covered his eyes, annoyed.

"Just stop mentioning his NAME!"

His sudden yell made Liz have teary eyes while Yoongi frowned in regret of mentioning it. He just wanted to show his worry.

"If you'd only just listen- Taehyung, you-"

Taehyung took in a deep breath before slamming the table.

"I am your high priest! So if you don't have any official bussiness to talk about then leave!.."

After a long pause his voice became silent, and his hands trembled.

"...please. It becomes harder every day."

Yoongi held his breath before leaving the room slowly. After he left, Taehyung let his legs go and sat on his chair. Meanwhile Liz sat there quietly, scared- but also worried for Taehyung. She felt bad for him. Almost sad. She hated seeing him like this. A total mess. Yet as a kid, she couldn't do much to help him. So it made her sad as well.

"Uncle Tae..."

That was all she could say to show empathy, yet the will to do something bigger didn't change. It was sad to her, how one seemed sad when seperated from the loved one. Love seemed hard. It must've really hurt.

How sad..

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193 26 10
- Jungkook, a determined realtor, arrives in Daegu with hopes of selling a notorious mansion rumoured to be haunted. However, after experiencing terr...
321 14 9
A Very confusing Story of a Dollmaker and his dolls that came Alive. Their past lives and an Angel in need of help... Will they eventually See each...
3.7K 211 17
[COMPLETED] Jungkook- I'm on a mission on finding out my parent's muderer. But the suspicious man who just moved in next door, seems to have some con...
253K 14K 38
Taehyung went missing after a bad fight with Jungkook and was reported dead after three months of searching. After a month, Jungkook moves into a hou...