Tears of Blood (wlw)

By avcdg143

"She has a smile that could end wars." Devyn Ackerman is the top student at the elite school of Arden, and i... More

autumn breeze
introduce yourself
turf wars
fall for me
your ideas of mercy
three to four
meet your match
get along
stay down
stay in your lane
code yellow
saved by dimples
born a mistake
black on black
to hell with chaos
suit yourself
family feud
inner turmoil
beg for me
mushrooms
love is dangerous
the art of falling
declaration of war
do u have plans
swimming
darkness
sharp and dangerous
letting go
strawberries & cigarettes
irresistible leeches
winners & losers
don't die idiot
alexis
focus
stay awhile
all in the eyes
never say never
let's dance
who wants what
under the stars
About a week ago
smoking kills
ticket privilege
21 questions
2AM spies
summoner ring
eavesdrop
say my name
shoot
aftermath
loss
lighthouse
blood on your hands
Bro code
ray of sunshine
999
resist
speech
soaked
who are you
disgust
Roord
surprise!
into the night
confusion
confessor
riley
misunderstanding
satin green dress
jealous
Escalation
humble abode
rally
be back
elizabeth ackerman
ezra
who are you
tears of blood
welcome to orien
Author's Note

yacht

1.5K 46 17
By avcdg143

ANDREA POV

"Do you have everything?" Devyn asks as she helps pile my things into her car. I was cleaning out my dorm room, since the school year has come to an end.

"Yeah. Thanks for doing this, you really didn't have to."

"Hey, I'm always here for you no matter what. And this is nothing." She lifts the last bag and throws it into the trunk.

"Hmm is this the part where you say ' I'd move mountains for you, I'd bring you the stars?" I ask with a smirk as she closes the trunk.

She pulls me in by the waist.

" I did just move these mountains of bags for you, does that count?"

I laugh and kiss her.

"I still think you should just come stay with me for a bit."

"No, no. I'd just make matters worse. I already have a flat rented out. I'll be fine there."

"Are you sure? I don't like you living alone."

"You are welcome to come stay as long as you want."

"Oh, is that so?"

We get into her car and head over to my new flat.

"Not bad." Devyn reacts as she moves the blinds to see the view. We were on the fifth floor of the building.

"Help me unpack?"

"Right now?"

"No, tomorrow. Duh, right now."

"Oh come on, let's go out."

"I-"

"Please?"

"Fine."

Devyn's puppy eyes always win. That's what I've learned. We take a stroll along the beach. The thing about being around Devyn was, time felt nonexistent. I could just forget about everything.

"Ms.Ackerman?"

Devyn and I turn to see a middle aged man in his black uniform.

"Yes?"

"I know it's not my place to say this, but it's not safe for you here. You must try and stay on or around the Ackerman estate." He doesn't look up at her out of respect.

"Thank you for letting me know. We were just leaving."

"Devyn!" Sloane waves at us from on top of the harbor.

"Sloane what are you doing here?" Devyn asks as we walk towards her.

"Do you want to join me and Felix on our boat?" Sloane looks at Devyn first and then me and her smile grows wider.

"Sure." I say before Devyn could deny her.

"That's the spirit!" We climbed into the boat.

Devyn goes to find Felix who's fixing up some drinks.

"Andrea, how are you?" Sloane asks as she ushers me to sit on the sofa.

"I'm great. Especially on this yacht, I feel great." I reply with a laugh.

"It's Felix's. He loves it dearly. He's waiting for this little one," She pats her bulging stomach.

"Have you thought of names yet?"

"Well, if it's a girl, we want it to be Valentina, and if it's a boy, I'm thinking of Atlas."

"Both of those are beautiful choices."

"Thank you. So, I've been hearing rumors about your trip with Sage."

She can probably read the embarrassment on my face.

"Don't worry. I'm not like her. I like you. I think you're a badass. I don't know how she got it in her head that you could be from Sidus-"

"She said that?" My heart starts to beat faster and my hands clench into a fist.

"She's crazy. Don't mind her. It's the stress of the Runes and Rahl's. The Runes have been attacking civilians in many districts. The Rahl's have been coordinating attacks. We're pretty much cornered right now."

"Who wants a drink?" Felix walks in with a tray of glasses.

"And what did you concoct today?" Sloane asks him as he plants a kiss on her forehead.

"No worries, no alcohol for you, m'lady." He hands her the glass with just juice.

"Where's Dev?" Sloane gets up to go find her, leaving me and Felix sitting on the couches.

"So are you and Dev dating?"

"Um... I don't know."

"Looks like you are."

"I guess. Could you tell me where the bathroom is?"

"Oh yeah, just walk out and it should be two doors to the left."

"Thank you." I put the glass down and walk out. The water looks beautiful. I walk across the to the doors and as I pass by the first one I hear Devyn's voice.

"I'm happy for you." Sloane says.

"I am happy when I'm with her. I kind of miss my friends though. I only talk to Sierra now."

"It's okay, they'll come around. There's always sacrifice with love right?"

"Love? Haha."

"Shut up. It's clearly written on your forehead, "I will die for-"

"No one dies for anyone these days."

"Would you die for her?"

I can't help but eavesdrop. I peek through the door to see Devyn smile. She doesn't answer the question, because she doesn't need to. Sloane pinches Devyn's cheek and starts to walk towards the door. I speed walk over to the bathroom and close the door behind me.

Someone knocks on the door.

"Hello, miss." Devyn stands in the doorway as I open it.

"Hello, you."

She holds up a pack of beer.

"Got us something."

"Hmmm."

"Come." She grabs my hand with her free hand and leads me out. We climb up the ladder to the top of the yacht. Everything seemed visible from up here.

"This is the best part of this boat. I love being up here." She sits on the ledge and I join her.

"I love being up here with you." And I mean it. She smiles and takes a swig of her beer and I do the same.

"The other day you asked about me, and my family. I was just wondering about yours."

"What about it?"

"You remember you told me once about your father..-"

"I do." Her face turns empty.

"I want to know you too." I say as I let my fingers slip into hers.

"Well, there's not much to it. As you already know, Elijah is not my father but is the father of my sisters. They got married and had Sage and Sloane. Then, it gets blurry because my mother had me, with another man. I never met him, my actual father."

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I don't really let it get to me. Well, after that, I was brought in to live with them and then my mother and Elijah had Riley. Because of my mom's mistake he always had a grudge against me. But it wasn't my fault, you know?"

"Of course it wasn't."

"Well, he's always left me out of things. One day he'll wake up and hate me and the next he'll declare his love for me. And I don't know which side of him is the true one. Maybe I'll never know.I don't even know why he bothered to keep me around after my mother died. He could have just abandoned me, but he didn't. And for that I'm grateful."

"And you think that was out of love?" My question comes out in an accusing manner and I instantly regret it.

"What are you trying to suggest? That he does it for some other reason?"

"I just- you literally told me that he tried to drown you. What am I supposed to think?"

"You're not supposed to think anything. Why do you even care so much? What he did was just to make me stronger and face my fears. That's why he did that." She gets up out of anger.

"Look, that's not what I meant. I just don't think he appreciates you as much as you appreciate him."

"How long have you known me? How could you even say something like that?"

"You just can't hear it out loud, but I know deep down you know."

"Andrea, stop. First Sage, and now my Father? Really?" She starts to walk away.

"He didn't want you to win."

"What?" She spins around.

"Arden. First place. He didn't want you at the top. I overheard him talking to the headmistress. And you asked me why I missed that shot right? It was because of him. I couldn't let him win against you."

"Andrea, what the fuck?"

"I'm serious."

"Are you okay?Did you hit your head? Because you're not making any fucking sense!" She starts to climb back down.

"Dev, listen. Stop, don't leave. Please." She looks up at me.

"I just need to be alone."

I know I fucked up once again. I watch as she takes the jet ski and rides back to shore.

"What got into her?" Sloane asks as she comes out to see what the commotion was all about.

"We had... and argument."

"About... your father."

"So she told you that Elijah-"

"Yeah."

"She must really trust you."

"I fucked it up, though."

"How?"

I climb down and tell her everything. I tell her about what I heard Mr.Ackerman say to the headmistress. I tell her about the incident Dev told me about. She sits in her chair, listening attentively.

"Look, Devyn has been through some shit. She's traumatized but doesn't admit it. Her relationship with Father is complicated. It's hard to explain to someone that's not part of this family. I've grown up with her, and I've seen how he treats her, so I can believe what you're saying. But for her, she still believes that he loves her maybe just a little. You know, when I was little my mom told me to protect Devyn with my life, because we depended on her life. She said that Devyn was always destined for greatness, and I think that too. Mother was certain that Devyn would be the next Ackerman ring bearer. But the ring hasn't chosen anyone for ages. But I still protect her no matter what. So don't worry, my father can't do anything to her anymore."

"Do you think he keeps her around because she could be the bearer?

"What do you mean?" Sloane's ears perked up.

"It seems like Mr.Ackerman could have gotten rid of her, but didn't. And he's not the sentimental type. So what if he needs her? What if he knows that the ring will choose her?"

Sloane looks like a lightbulb just went off in her head.

"Andrea, it's time to go home." That's all she says as she gets up to find Felix.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

MIRACLE By Ara

Teen Fiction

318K 11.7K 45
"My mother named me Miracle, but I am anything but a miracle in her and our family's life. I am a mistake. I am a product of a heinous crime." Miracl...
Lucent By ads ❀

Teen Fiction

332K 7.6K 27
book 1 of the windows of the soul duology ✿ ✿ ✿ lucent: softly bright or radiant ✿ ✿ ✿ My brother's hand traces the cut on my right cheek for so...
9.6K 301 10
Camilla, a wannabe singer and superstar starts working for a wealthy couple as their private chef. But the man, who hired Camilla has a wife, and sh...
84.6K 2.8K 40
Vampire! 2p! Italy x Reader Life isn't horrible for you and the part of humanity that you live with, but it's not great either. With vampires ruling...