Burning Down | Harry Potter

By narcissablacc

~Where dwell the brave at heart, their daring, nerve and chivalry sets a Gryffindor apart~ What if there was... More

Announcement
Prologue
00.
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
~Cordelia Black~
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37. (Important)
Act II
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
Act III
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
79 (II)
80

54.

3.4K 143 43
By narcissablacc

Second shelf from right, third row.
Toujours Pur.

Leaving the high walls of Hogwarts with hopes of getting some peace, was rather foolish of her now when Cordelia looks back.

Number 12 was anything but peaceful. But it was quiet when the Weasley's would go to visit their father.

Harry would only talk to Cordelia, which Cordelia didn't mind but now everyone knew of their blooming friendship, which by the looks wasn't something the lot approved of.

Aside from Sirius, Remus and Tonks.

Cordelia had grabbed the book from the office the moment she could, without anyone's prying eyes following her.

It was another day when everyone had left to visit Mr.Weasley for Christmas. Remus had accompanied them.

Walking down quietly, Cordelia had Billy make her some breakfast.

Sirius, who had been in a visibly better mood, came prancing into the kitchen with a smile on his face.

"Good morning" he cheered as he sipped his coffee.

Lia had something to say but she didn't want to ruin Sirius' spirits.

"Morning" she stated without much cheer.

"So..... Harry and you?" He smirked at the girl as he questioned her, "I must know since I'm his godfather and it is my job to know. At least something I can still do... if not much" he whispered the last part.

"You're doing a lot better than Remus, I reckon" Lia scoffed softly. As Billy gave her a plate of pancakes.

"Thank you Billy" she smiled at the elf.

"Remus... he's trying. He really cares about you and -"

"Strange how he shows it"

"-he's so caught up in the Order and-"

"Yeah, like Dumbledore's lapdog"

"Hey! That's uncalled for-"

"Seriously Sirius? How stupid are you? I know you're not that stupid! You don't think Dumbledore's manipulating Remus? Remus is unable to think beyond "Oh Dumbledore let me come to Hogwarts. A werewolf at Hogwarts" c'mon! He let him there, great! But did he say that he would have Remus running to the wolves right after he graduates?"

"Remus knows how to defend himself" Sirius argued.

The festive vibe diminishing from the atmosphere.

"Of course he does! But he doesn't say the killing curse without thinking. He would never say that and you- You could've been a free man when you had first escaped from Azkaban. Dumbledore could have gotten you a trial! But he didn't because you didn't fit into his grand plan that he has for Harry" Lia yelled, trying to make someone, anyone understand.

"He has no such plan for Harry and Dumbledore couldn't have-"

Sirius' yelling was cut off by Lia's.

"You've got to be kidding me! You fucking know it! You know I'm right. That you could've been a free man had Dumbledore stepped up. Not only that but had you come clean to Remus rather than chasing around that rat, he could've helped. I would have helped." She gave out a frustrated cry at the end.

"How?" He sneered.

"My grandfather! Don't you see? Dumbledore doesn't want you as a free man because you- you do have some mind of your own. You aren't as gullible and easy to manipulate as others. C'mon Sirius- this is Harry we're talking about! Him seeing the attack is not just a coincidence, there's something, something that Dumbledore isn't telling anyone!" She pressed.

Sirius felt as of someone had smacked him hard in the face after Lia stopped her angry rant.

The facts, he couldn't deny were rather straightforward. The girl standing in front of him did have a point. It wasn't all nonsense.

It was scary how she made sense and talked about things in a way, some grown ups could never.

"You should've seen in Slytherin" he didn't have an actual reply to her words.

"For Merlin's sake! I'm only trying to help, he's my soulmate!" She muttered irritably, as she pinched the bridge of her nose.

Regulus used to do that.

"You think you can protect him more than the Order and-"

"Yes" Cordelia stated firmly. Very confident.

Her gray eyes had a storm brewing up inside them. A deadly storm, which had reached its peak and was ready to release  havoc and throw anyone aside who tried interrupting.

"I can and I will."

With that she left the kitchen. Taking her plate with her.

Sirius was stunned. For a moment he couldn't decipher if she was really that mad or was he just unable to digest the fact that a fifteen year old was more resourceful and determined than the Order combined.

-

Cordelia tried to forget the quarrels for a day, when Christmas arrived.

Getting dressed in a nice black dress, how she does every Yule morning, she went down to see Harry leaving his room. He looked up when he heard the soft footsteps, to see Cordelia smiling at him. Her face flushed and glowing.

"Happy Yule darling" she said in a sing-song voice as she neared him.

Her sweet vanilla scent invading his senses.

"Merry Christmas" he blushed when she placed her arms around his neck.

Jerking Harry down slightly, she pecked his cheek, once, twice and thrice, before releasing a very red Harry.

"You look happy. Brilliant" he breathed.

"It's Yule, I had to! Wait here, I'll go bring your present and others"

She climbed back upstairs quickly, she definitely had a skip in her step.

Harry decided to give Cordelia her Christmas present as well.

He retracted to his room where he rummaged through his trunk for the packed package. Smiling, he left the room to see her coming down with four bags.

All four of different size.

"Here" she handed Harry a bag.

Cordelia had gifted Harry another black cashmere sweater, but it matched with the one she had. She also gave him a brooch, which was rather funny.

"What animal is this?" He questioned with a small smile when he saw the brooch.

"I actually tried make a doe, with a dogs body, with antlers...." she told him sheepishly.

The engravings at the back confirmed Harry's suspicions.

Padfoot, Prongs and Doe.

"How did you-" Harry stammered.

"I have my ways" Lia shrugged nervously, "Do you not like-"

"I love it darling" Harry stated before crashing his lips on her, making her stumble  a little.

The animal was funny, a doe with a dogs tail and antlers but the silver jewels embedded in it made it mesmerising.

Ahem, ahem.

The coughing made the two jump apart and turn at being caught, but they sighed with relief when they saw that it was only Sirius.

"Breakfast" he barked a laugh as he went away.

"Well, Happy Yule" Harry smiled at the girl before him as he tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Let's go" she smiled.

Cordelia had surprisingly received a niffler brooch with a bracelet around it. It came with a card that read -

You are my treasure ;)
-HJP

"Oh my god! This is everything!" Cordelia had screamed with joy when she got a leather long coat with white fur around the neck from Sirius and Remus as her present, "I love it!" She smiled happily at Remus, before giving him a hug.

By the end, almost everyone was wearing a Weasley sweater but Lia, but she didn’t mind. She was happy, way too happy with the gifts and letters she had received.

The girl didn't need a Weasley sweater sweater Narcissa Malfoy herself had sent her a knitted sweater for the first time ever. It was her first time ever knitting anything!

This made Lia's eyes shed a few happy tears as she missed her more. She longed for the motherly face and hug.

That only Narcissa could give her.

"Narcissa sent me this! It's pretty isn't it?!She knitted it! For me!" She had bragged about the story to Remus, Sirius, Tonks and Harry.

The sweater was of rich black wool, it had a patterned neck and wrists.

She had also sent a heartfelt letter, which Cordelia had read at least a hundred times.

Cordelia enjoyed the day thoroughly.

She had given Remus a simple present which had him mutter apologies and shed a few tears. It was a moving picture of the two in a frame that read "Home" and a letter. Explaining how she was acting ungrateful but how grateful she is to have been presented with a father figure after hers died.

Remus and Sirius were touched by the letter, which had Remus crush her to death.

She had received a lot of sweets and candies.

The door to her room opened softly as a messy head of hair peaked inside.

"Hey" Harry whispered as he closed the door.

"Hello" Lia smiled up at him, feeling the butterflies fluttering in her stomach when Harry stepped closer and dipped his head to place a soft peck on her forehead.

Harry would come into Lia's room, late at night after everyone or at least Ron, would go to sleep. They had Billy or Mipsy wake him up early and send him off to his room before anyone could notice his absence in Ron's room.

"Nice Christmas?" He questioned with a smile as he sat down beside Lia, who had scooted to the other side, making some space for him.

"Brilliant" she replied as she held his hand in hers.

"I really loved the brooch. The intentions more than the thing itself" he told her, as he admired her face.

"I'm glad" Lia blushed.

"You're really beautiful" Harry breathed.

"How beautiful?" Lia questioned as she tilted her head up slightly, feeling warmth spread through her as Harry's warm breath fanned her face.

"Let me show you?" He said breathlessly.

"Show me" Lia smirked softly before pulling him in for a kiss.

The two had been snogging quite a lot during their Yule break. They would take any and every opportunity they could get to kiss each other.

Whether it be a heated snog or a small peck.

Harry trailed kissed from her jaw to her neck, kissing each spot tenderly. Making her give out a small moan.

Kissing on the spot harder, he knew what he was doing. What he wanted to do. Let everyone know she was his.

Lia had her hands in Harry's hair as he kissed her nape of the neck. Marking it.

Pulling back, Harry smiled smugly at the red spot.

After a few more minutes of heated snog session, which resulted in Harry having a red spot similar to Lia's a little below his ear. They laid down together.

Harry's arm around her waist as he pulled her closer.

"Lia" he whispered as he traced circles on her waist, under the sweater. Her skin smooth and warm, different to Harry's cold hands.

"Hmm?" She was sleepy.

"Do you... do you also think that Sirius sometimes confuses me for my dad?" Hqrry questioned lowly.

"No" Lia turned to look at him, with drowsy eyes.

"No, why?" He questioned as he caressed her cheek. He just couldn't not touch her when he was near her. Her smooth, silk like skin drew him in like magnet.

"Harry" she talked sleepily, "Of course he sees James in you, as does everyone but he spent 12 years in Azkaban suffering from guilt. You are all he has of James now, left in the world,of course he doesn't want to let his friend down twice. By letting something happen to you. As I see it, he treats you like a mature person. Similarly to how my grandfather used to treat me. He doesn't try and shield you from the world around you. Don't forget he himself grew up in a war zone. He merely wants to provide you with all the knowledge he thinks you need for survival" by the end her voice was too soft.

Not that she could witness it because the girl fell asleep right away.

But Harry felt his eyes water up slightly, he felt guilty and sad for Sirius. Who had people belittling him all the time, due to the circumstances. He was guilty, because for once he did think that maybe Sirius does confuse him for his father.

Blinking back the tears, he gave the sleeping girl a grateful and loving smile as he pecked her forehead again.

"You just made my Christmas ten times better" he hugged Lia closer, "I love You."

He knew it was ridiculous, saying it when she saw sleeping. But he just wasn't that confident yet.

_____________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 3.8K 45
รฉ๐š™๐šŠ๐š—๐š˜๐šž๐š’ (๐š๐š•๐š˜๐šž๐š›๐š’๐šœ๐š‘๐šŽ๐š): ๐š๐š˜ ๐š๐š›๐š˜๐š  ๐š˜๐š› ๐š๐šŽ๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š•๐š˜๐š™ ๐š’๐š— ๐šŠ ๐š‘๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š•๐š๐š‘๐šข ๐š˜๐š› ๐šŸ๐š’๐š๐š˜๐š›๐š˜๐šž๐šœ ๐š ๐šŠ๐šข, ๐šŽ๐šœ๐š™๐šŽ๐šŒ๐š’๐šŠ๐š•๐š•๐šข ๐šŠ๏ฟฝ...
230K 11.7K 99
- ส€แด‡ษขแดœสŸแดœs ส™สŸแด€แด„แด‹ า“แด€ษดา“ษชแด„แด›ษชแดษด "You. Me. Hogsmeade. Tomorrow" Romie demands, leaving no room for objection. Regulus slowly lifts his head from his book...
2.6M 86.4K 153
philophobia-the fear of falling in love or becoming emotionally connected to someone... ~~~ This is a story you've heard before, passed down throu...
30K 742 35
My story is a little different from others. "Of course that's why he knew what to give you Harry!" Hermione tells him. "Who is that? Jayden Potter...