How to Tame a Demon [BxB]

By mek_14

[Book 1 of the: Roundtable Rebirth Series] All 15-year-old Hunter wanted was a friend, so when his parents an... More

Welcome!
DISCLAIMER
Official Playlist!
Ch. 1 - Hunter
Ch. 2 - Zekaj
BCH. 1 - Zekaj's First Day of School
Ch. 3 - Snowballs and School
Ch. 4 - Bonding
Ch. 5 - Anchor
Ch. 6 - Enraged
Ch. 7 - Possession
Ch. 8 - Pulled Forward
Ch. 9 - AJ
Ch. 10 - Demons
Ch. 11 - Return to the Void
Ch. 12 - Admitting and Awkwardness
Ch. 13 - The Pack Killer
Ch. 14 - Speedos and Sunscreen
Ch. 15 - Rainy Day
Ch. 16 - Cowardly Actions
Ch. 17 - Birthdays Suck
Ch. 18 - Warmth
Ch. 19 - Morning After
Ch. 20 - A Little Lie
Ch. 21 - Pec Pillows
Ch. 22 - Calm
Ch. 23 - 1
Ch. 24 - A Demon and a Tight Space
Ch. 25 - Study Sesh
Ch. 26 - Voidbornes
BCH. 2 - Zekaj, Before the Summon
Ch. 27 - Soul Searching
Ch. 28 - How to Clean your Demon
Ch. 29 - Jealous Wolf
BCH. 3 - Zekaj's and the Holidays
Ch. 30 - Death Traps
Ch. 31 - Oblivious Demon
Ch. 32 - What a Demon Wants
Ch. 33 - Morning After (Reprise)
Ch. 34 - 4 is Enough
BCH. 4 - Zekaj and Zekai
Ch. 35 - Accidents Happen
Ch. 36 - IYKYK
Ch. 37 - Bad Feelings
Ch. 38 - Battle For Your Life
Ch. 39 - Cold
Ch. 40 - Straight to Voicemail
Ch. 41 - Jaxon
Ch. 42 - Snow and Sorries
Ch. 43 - Emrys
Ch. 44 - Live Like a Shadow
Ch. 45 - Study Sesh (Reprise)
Ch. 46 - Photograph
Ch. 47 - Greyrith, Wisconsin
Ch. 48 - Amet
Ch. 49 - Halls now Empty
Ch. 50 - PTSD
Ch. 51 - Page 1
Ch. 52 - The Rest of the Book
Ch. 53 - Spill
Ch. 54 - Fuck the Consequences
Ch. 55 - Frostbite
Ch. 56 - Rebond
Ch. 57 - Lets Talk
Ch. 58 - Brothers
Ch. 59 - Beards are Hot, Y'all are Just Lame
Ch. 60 - Meet the Inlaws
Ch. 61 - Uncomplicating Things
Ch. 62 - Up to Date
Ch. 63 - Aegon
Ch. 64 - Professor Zekai
Ch. 65 - Contracts
Ch. 66 - What a Demon Needs
Ch. 67 - Out in the Open
Ch. 68 - Demons Just Want to Have Fun
Ch. 70 - Polaroids and Pectorals
Ch. 71 - Return to Earth
Ch. 72 - Previously On
Ch. 73 - Put It On His Tab
Ch. 74 - Tour Guide from Hell
Ch. 75 - Highspeed Hugs
Ch. 76 - Uncomplicating Things (Reprise)
Ch. 77 - Answers in Blood
Inksgiving 2021
Ch. 78 - Rebirth
Ch. 79 - Roundtable
Ch. 80 - The Sword in the Stone
Ch. 81 - Out of the Woods
Epilogue
BCH#5 - End of the Year
BCH#6 - Zekaj Learns How to Drive
Book 2 Reveal
BOOK 2 OUT NOW

Ch. 69 - Volveth

5.8K 379 153
By mek_14

Hunter just sat there in complete and utter shock. Forming a word, thought, or anything in between was impossible. Volveth himself was just staring at Hunter awkwardly, unsure what to say next if he should say anything at all.

It was only then that he could really get a look at the demonic minotaur. Volveth had both ears pierced with gold hoops in the lobe, helix, and snug. His nose was pierced with a gold hoop as well and a bit of facial hair was on his chin. His demon form was a darker gray compared to the Voidbornes.

Neither would get to make up their mind as suddenly Volveth was grabbed by the neck, raised into the air, and slammed into the bar.

"WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?" Zekaj growled, his enraged form seeping out of his skin as if shadow was dripping right out of him.

The Minotaur gasped for air, trying to pry Zekaj's arms off of his neck.

Jumping out of his seat, Hunter tried to help Volveth, but Zekaj was incredibly strong. Before Hunter could even react Zekaj was throwing Hunter over his shoulder, one hand still wrapped around the Minotaur's throat.

"SPEAK," The enraged Zekaj barked.

"I was just talking to Hunter, I- I didn't mean to freak him out," Volveth gasped.

Hunter kicked Zekaj, trying to be let down. Zekaj wasn't listening, the only thought in his head was that he needed to protect his mate.

"Zekaj, he's telling the truth. Let me down!" Hunter demanded.

Zekaj, listening to his mate, dropped Hunter back onto the stool. The angered demon kept a tight grip on his mate's wrist, not enough to injure.

"Take your hand off of his neck, Zekaj. He can't breathe."

Huffing, Zekaj let go, his eyes drilled holes into the minotaur. Zekaj's whole body was radiating anger, possessiveness, and power. It was overwhelming to anyone else still in the room, many demons had already left. It wasn't like that for Hunter though, it felt warm and protective.

Volveth stood up, breathing deeply, closing his eyes as his minotaur form retreated and he calmed down.

"It was just a false alarm, everyone. Don't freak out." Zekaj said sinisterly to the room. His eyes shooting daggers at Volveth.

Caroline, Aegon, and Zekai dismissed the guests, wishing them safe travels before turning back to Zekaj who still had shadow dripping off him. Telling them that Zekaj was still on the defensive.

"What," Zekaj growled. "Do you want with my mate?"

"I-" Volveth breathed deep. "His father is my chosen mate."

"What?" Zekai said.

"I chose his father to be my mate. He is the one for me."

"How do you know my father?" Hunter asked, rubbing Zekaj's arm gently trying to get him to calm down. The demon wasn't budging though, in his eyes the threat hadn't been dealt with yet.

"It's a long story."

"I have time."

Volveth gulped, looking at the royal family all staring at him. It was a lot considering he had only really met Zekai formerly.

"Maybe we should take this into another room," Caroline suggested.

Caroline motioned for them all to move, leading them to a small chamber with a fireplace and a couple couches. This room was the size of a bedroom and seemed to be a private chamber for tea or something. Hunter had noticed a lot of art seemingly of royal families before Aegon and his family.

Zekaj never let his eyes leave Volveth, the minotaur tried his best to act like he wasn't there. He was beginning to break out into a sweat over how uneasy he was.

Volveth took a single chair, Zekaj took the couch closest to Volveth with Hunter right next to him. His grip on Hunter's wrist had moved down into a tight handhold. Aegon and Caroline took the opposite couch while Zekai sat next to Hunter knowing his brother would appreciate the extra protection.

"Explain."

Volveth took a large gulp and began fidgeting with his hands.

*****

21 years ago, 3 years till Hunter's birth.

Jaxon 16, Volveth 16

Volveth had just finished his summon, his very first one. It was a simple mission of lifting some heavy objects but as a minotaur demon, it was no problem.

The contract had just been finished and any second now he would be sent back to the Edge of Hell.

He was standing in some living room, with many gadgets and gizmos he had no idea what their function was. The Minotaur picked up a weird-looking thing, pressing the button in the middle and suddenly it spoke.

"Bop it!" The machine said.

Volveth did as told, smacking the weird thing, Volveth broke off one of the curved arms.

A surprised gasp could be heard behind him and the demon immediately turned, his hyper hearing immediately picking up on the fact he was being watched by something up the stairs.

Quietly, Volveth made his way up the stairs, finding a boy with brown eyes and blond hair staring at him.

The boy was terrified, Vovleth assumed he knew what demons were. He was a little taller than Volveth's 6'0" and skinny compared to Volveth's ever-increasing muscles.

"Hi!" Volveth said, meeting humans was fun. They were all so interesting to him.

"You broke my Bop it!" The boy said.

"I didn't mean to," Volveth frowned at the broken toy in his hands.

"Are you going to fix it?" The boy said shyly standing with his arms crossed, rubbing his arms.

"I can but you're going to have to ado a contract with me." Volveth extended his hand, the pale gold flame appearing in his hand.

"I ain't doing that shit," The boy swatted his hands.

"Well, I can't be your friend and fix your thingy without a contract." Volveth lied, sure he could do it but he wanted the rush a completed contract brought.

"Friend?" The shy boy's eyes lit up before quickly the excited expression went back to one of shyness.

"If you want," Volveth could feel the tug as the void was ready for him to return. "You have to make your mind up though. I'm about to be pulled back."

"You'll be my friend? No tricks or anything?" The skinny boy asked.

"None."

The shy boy thought for a second before whispering, "Ok."

Volveth's eyes lit up in excitement. Contract number two and it was going to be easy as shit. Surely this would make his parents proud of him.

"I, Volveth, agree to be your friend and fix your bop it,"

"With no tricks! And no harming me!" The boy spoke up.

"With no tricks, and I won't harm the contractor."

Volveth extended his hand, the pale gold appearing in his palm.

"I- I, Jaxon Sullivan, agree to these terms." Jaxon let the pale gold flame surround his hand as the mark of Volveth burned into his hands.

*****

Present Day

"I was under contract with Jaxon for two years. I wasn't there all of the time, mainly when we both turned seventeen is when I stopped going to earth."

"Why did you stop?" Caroline asked.

"M- my parents. They were mad that I was gone so often. I wasn't home to clean for them and do everything they wanted. They'd chain me to the wall with magic, abuse me, make me do anything they wanted." Volveth groaned, wiping away his tears.

"When they were arrested I fled back to earth. I just wanted to be with Jaxon, but he. He found his mate. I was so mad, I did things I regret." Volveth sobbed. "If I could just get a second chance I'd make it right."

"What did you do?" Hunter was still in shock from what he was hearing.

"I- I think your d- dad should tell you. I don't remember a lot of it, just the worst parts." Volveth stuttered. "You can get back, right? You aren't dead and if you're like Jaxon, which you definitely look like Jaxon, you're more powerful than you even know."

Hunter looked at Zekaj for approval on whether he should tell Volveth the truth or not. The demon had calmed down and was staring at Hunter too, the calm pale gold eyes looked into his own.

"He isn't lying, I can tell. Still don't like him though."

Hunter looked over at Zekaj's parents, Aegon didn't seem to care and Caroline only smiled and nodded. Zekai seemed to be in deep thought.

"I can, probably."

"You can?" Volveth jumped up onto his feet and Zekaj did the same, sizing him up. Volveth seemed to not even be able to see Zekaj, he was too interested in what Hunter had admitted. "You can bring him here! Or I can go to earth! I can apologize and we can finally be together!"

"He already has a mate," Zekaj said.

"Yeah, but she can't be as perfect for him as I am."

"If you were so perfect for him, why weren't you mates in the first place?"

Volveth frowned, he had a point but it was still mean. "That was rude."

"Never said I was nice."

"Never had to." Volveth snickered.

Zekaj took a step forward growling at the minotaur who backed off, sitting back in his chair.

"Jaxon already had his doubts about being with uh, what's her name?" Volveth asked.

"Olivia," Zekaj said, sitting close to Hunter again. How did he not know the name of his own competition?

"Olivia, right. Their bond was weak and both could barely even feel it but it was enough they knew it existed. Jaxon's parents were the ones that were forcing him to stay with her I'm sure of it. They want to make sure their son has a kid that can take his spot when they're of age. So I assume that's you?"

"Not exactly. Uh, that's my sister." Hunter answered.

"Sister?"

"Yeah, she's a bitch." Zekaj said.

"Zekaj, language," Caroline said, there was a guest.

"Whatever," Zekaj rolled his eyes. "She's a terrible, rotten, stupid fucking bitch."

Caroline sighed, rolling her eyes as well as she pinched the bridge of her nose.

"I'm shocked. I didn't think Jaxon wanted one kid let alone two."

That struck a nerve for Hunter who cringed at the memory of his mom saying he was an accident. Zekaj next to him felt the hitch in Hunter's emotion and growled a bit.

"But your sister must get it from your grandparents. They're truly something else. They were so hard on Jaxon, never letting him just be who he wanted to be and only focused on the fact that he was going to lead the coven one day."

"I don't really know them that well. They only visit for holidays and stuff," Hunter added. "Dad never talks about them."

"Jaxon was never a talker. He just lets people push him around and does what they want," Volveth sighed. "I tried to help him but, you know..."

"Look," Volveth wiped the last bit of tears from his face. "I don't care if your dad doesn't want to be with me romantically but I'd like to apologize and be friends at least. Whatever Jaxon wants is fine with me," Volveth smiled, it was a sad smile but content.

Hunter wasn't sure if he was ready to go back to earth. It had only been a couple weeks since he left, was he even ready to confront his dad? If Volveth had truly done something bad to his dad, it could explain why Jaxon was so terrified of Hunter having a demon in him?

"Maybe, no promises. We'll keep in touch alright?" Hunter said.

Volveth's eyes lit up in excitement as his minotaur erupted forth as he sprung forward lifting Hunter into a hug.

"Thank you!" The Minotaur screamed, ignoring the demon who had stood upright next to him and was growling.

Zekaj didn't get the reaction he wanted, that being Volveth to let go of his mate. Instead, he was pulled into the hug as well.

"Thank you guys so much! I promise I won't let you down!"

Hunter felt another arm around his back, looking up to see Zekai join the hug.

"What? I don't have a mate and I don't get hugs often." He smiled.

Both Zekaj and Hunter sighed, this was their life now.

A/N:

So what do you think?

Will Hunter return to earth or make Volveth to be with his long lost lov- I mean bestie.

What happened between Volveth and Jaxon that could have scared Jaxon to death? Enough that he was terrified enough over the thought that Zekaj was harming Hunter? But wasn't bad enough that he didn't send Zekaj back in the first place? Much to think about.

I had a family emergency the past week and half causing updates to slow down as I dealt with that and school. Hoping to get a few more out before the end of september.

You can support me on patreon.com/mek_14 but I highly recommend waiting till oct. 1st to sign up as you will get your money's worth. My financial situation is tight atm so any support helps. :)

thank you and thanks for reading!

-MEK

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

440K 28K 51
The battle is won, but the war is far from over. With his new powers on the loose, Oliver must find balance between good and evil - before the world...
135K 6.4K 29
When Ben's secret boyfriend, Mickey, forgets he exists, he discovers an underground world of wizards and teams up with Mickey's impostor to save him...
5.4K 309 23
"Growing up in a pack house full of rabid wolves was hard. Not being able to shift in a pack house full of rabid wolves was even harder. They would a...
186K 10.8K 15
B O O K 2 in The Nine Princes of Hell series. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Ascari, the fallen guardian angel is broken. Lost. Alone. Used. Dirty. "K...