The best is yet to come

By Giulia_Rachel

What if it could actually happen? After all, they had both gone through worse. They felt pain on their skin. ... More

Prologue
A start of something new
Ten to go
And she knew
Just fine
A whole new world
Little bean
Sunshine
Let it out
Overwelming
It's true
I will rescue you
Give me a chance
Ready or not
On the road
Big Belly Baby Shower
You better
Joy
Be still my heart
I will keep you safe
One hell of a ride
I ain't got far to go
Just the five of us
I will always come back to this
Lullaby, your hand's in mine
Come back home
122
Bite the bullet
To save is to love
Family means nobody gets left behind
Where you belong
Light me up again
White clouds
I've got everything I need
Learn how to love
A reminder
I'm glad you're here
After all this time?
It's all coming back to me now
A lifetime with you
Epilogue

Babies fly

1.1K 45 1
By Giulia_Rachel

- November 8th 2023 -

She entered the house early in the morning, tiptoeing on the parquet of the hallway to her bedroom, to make sure her mothers wouldn't wake up.
It wasn't planned that she would stop by at her boyfriend's place for the night but her curfiew was at midnight and she knew both Maya and Carina had an early shift and they wouldn't be awake at that hour, so it didn't seem impossible to come back home at 5 am unnoticed.
She managed to reach the bathroom and wipe away the remains of her makeup, brush her hair and teeth and change her date night clothes with her pyjama.
She walked out the bathroom barefoot to jump in bed still hoping nobody saw her but quickly realising otherwise when the light of her bedside lamp suddenly turned on giving her probably the biggest scare of her life.

"What the f -?" She turned around slamming a hand on her chest to prevent her heart from exploding.

The older brunette gave her a questioning, angry yet worried look without even speaking. Leslie bended putting her hands on her knees, her clothes fallen on the floor, trying to catch her breath.

"Don't do that, ever again." She spoke with a chuckle and turning towards her mother.

"Where have you been?" Carina asked finally standing from her daughter's bed.

Leslie raised back up and looked into her mother's worried eyes, swallowing hard knowing that she couldn't lie, she literally just returned home at five in the morning.

"I was...I - ehm..." She cleared her throat and ran a hand through her hair.

"I was at Tyler's." She eventually admitted, swallowing once more and hoping her mother wouldn't ask further questions.

"And why didn't you tell us, exactly?" The italian asked another subtle question, making Leslie's heart beat faster in her chest.

"Because...I...it wasn't planned." Another swallow, even louder than the others.

Carina's eyes were scrutinizing her daughter, Leslie felt like she was questioning her soul and knew her mother well enough to know she would eventually find out.

"Did you just have sex with him?" The older brunette asked pointing a finger to her girl.

Leslie felt her heart sink in her chest as her eyes opened widely along with her mouth, her throat going dry.

"You had sex with him!" This time Carina almost yelled and both of them heard footsteps coming from the hallway.

Maya walked in, clearly awakened from her sleep an hour earlier, pretty disappointed. She probably didn't realise she was wearing only a bra and shorts.
Her wife immediately glanced at her.

"Why in heaven are you two yelling? Joy fell asleep literally an hour ago." She scratched her head exchanging the same look with her wife.

Leslie remained silent, part of her simply wanted to pinpoint that her mothers just had sex as well apparently and so that there was nothing wrong with it, but thought better.

"Your daughter just had sex with her boyfriend." Carina stated, crossing her arms on her chest giving her wife another silent and uncomfortable look.

"You did?" Maya chuckled smiling at her daughter but immediately changing reaction as soon as she saw Carina's look.

Leslie tried to say something but her brain couldn't keep up with what her mouth intended to do, so nothing understandable actually came out of her throat.

"I'm sorry but that is a bad thing because...?" Maya questioned frowning evidently and looking at her wife.

A loud grown left Carina's mouth, which made the blonde shush her to not wake the baby in the nursery.

"It is a bad thing. She's too young...kind of..." Her italian mind was already trying to recall at what age she first had it with someone.

Maya silently was doing the same, immediately realising she actually had her first way sooner.

"Babe we both probably had out first time a lot earlier. So I wouldn't accuse her on that." The blonde chuckled once more, making her daughter laugh along.

"Don't laugh so easily bambina." The italian turned towards her daughter again, Leslie going silent instantly.

"Oh come on mom we are in love." Leslie groaned and raised her hands in the air to emphasize her words.

Maya and Carina looked into each other's eyes and the blonde mouthed 'they are in love' to her wife, giving her a soft smile and raising a brow.

Carina looked back and forth at the both of them.

"Va bene, va bene. Just use protection, we're already going crazy with one little monster." She made both Maya and Leslie burst into a loud laughter, which made her laugh along, before wispering to herself something like the two of them being a danger for how similar and stubborn they were.

It last a few seconds, just until they heard some wimpers coming from the nursery.

"I'm going. You two have shift now." The girl pointed at the clock hanging on her wall which showed it was almost six already, then walked out to the nursery.

"Oh come on!" Maya spoke turning towards the door, immediately joined by her super hot italian wife who gave her a few kisses on the neck.

"Maybe we still have a little time." She made her left hand slide to grab Maya's ass giving it a ferm squeeze as her right one reached the blonde's covered breast making her instantly moan.

A few days later it was the day before Leslie's eighteenth birthday and two weeks before Joy's first.
The family decided the girl would have her own party with friends on the weekend but that on the day of her birthday she would spend time with them for the night after a whole day at the Academy and knowing the next would be another one.
They planned a little something at the station cause the team was on shift but they wanted to party all together, also celebrating for baby J already.

As Maya arrived at the station along with Carina who was thankfully off for the day, some of them were already up in beanery.

"Hi everyone." The Chief greeted walking in with her hands full of bags.

Andy, Vic and Miller were trying to settle the amount of party items they prepared for the day: flowers, balloons, signs that said 'Happy birthday girls' and many others, all around the room.
They turned towards the couple smiling widely.

"Morning." They all responded at once.

"This place is amazing." Carina spoke looking around as she settled the bags she was holding on the table.

"It really is guys, thank you so much." Maya replied doing the same and handing Vic a ballon she was stretching to catch.

"We placed things so that they wouldn't bother if we get called in and it can't be seen from the barn when she comes in." Andy informed the pair gesturing to the items.

The party was a surprise, Leslie would walk in with baby J after her training day to join her mothers in Maya's office and eat a meal together, but crossing the hallway in front of the beanery everyone would be there waiting.

"That's great. Now we just have to hop-" Carina spoke before being cut off by her wife's hand softly landing on her mouth.

"Don't say that. Don't. Or it will happen." The blonde informed her confused wife who chuckled under her palm along with the other firefighters.

A few moments later, while Carina was already on the stove, Travis walked in carrying a large white box.

"We've got the cake!" He happily announced placing the box on the table and stretching his back.

"I think it weights 35 pounds or something. A whole army could eat in it." He laughed before joining Maya who was trying to attach a banner as high as possible to the wall.

"I can do that Chief." He chuckled taking the string from Maya's hand. Carina saw the exchange and laughed along.

"Don't mess with me Montgomery." The blonde turned towards her wife seriously and the italian immediately stopped laughing.

"Okay, how much time do we have?" Andy asked cleaning glue from her hands and looking at the couple.

"She should be out of the Academy and already home so, for shower and dressing I'd say half an hour tops." Carina replied still mixing the spaghetti in the pot.

"Okay great, Vic we gotta go." She patted her friend on the back making her turn and leave Miller alone to blow balloons.

"Oh come on we still have like fifteen!" He wined making his friends giggle.

"Sorry we have to go take a very important present." Andy replied waving at everyone and quickly walking out of the beanery.

"What are they talking about?" Carina asked her wife while handing her some tomatoes, a knife and chopping board.

"I have no idea." The blonde replied as she started to cut the vegetables.

Andy and Vic walked back in carrying an extra large box with the SFD logo printed on and still laughing for any fun thing that happened outside.

"What is that?" The Chief asked them once she finished placing some other plates on the table. Thankfully they weren't called in yet.

"We thought that, since it's not the department that provides tournout gears and helmets and all the equipments to new firefighters but the assigned station itself, we could anticipate that, as we all already know your girl will eventually be 19's probie." Vic explained opening the box to show both mothers the content of it.

"You did not." Maya smiled grateful knowing the costs of all the items, which is why sometimes stations tried to avoid having probies to not being forced to pay for their new equipments.

"We did. All together." Andy smiled at her friend.

"And what did you buy for Joy? Scrubs and a coat?" The blonde asked laughing.

"Nope. We bought an operating room." Vic joked placing the box in a hidden place.

A few seconds later Ben rushed in.

"They're here." He spoke smiling and following everyone behind the wall to surprise the girl when she would enter.

It happened immediately after they managed to shush everyone: Leslie walked in, pushing the stroller in front of herself. As the door closed shut behind her everyone popped out from behing the wall yelling happy birthday and raising their hands in the air.

Leslie got caught off guard completely and laughed coming closer to the table.

"You guys." She smiled placing a hand on her mouth in surprise.

"Happy birthday bambina." Carina gretted her giving her a side hug.

Maya joined squeezing her daughter tight. Soon enough everyone else did the same and then bended down on Joy's stroller before her big sister pulled her out to join them in eating what Carina had cooked.

In the mean time Vic and Andy pulled the bag out of the closet and onto the table, along with Maya and Carina's gift for the girls.

They opened up Joy's presents, a full firefighting toy set from the team, shoes from Leslie and a necklace from Maya and Carina themselves.

Then Leslie opened hers. She always thought that her mothers had already given her everything she ever wanted, but realised otherwise when opening a tiny box she found a watch with a drawing engraved on the back of it: Venice.

"This -" she felt her eyes glaze over as she looked at the gift her mothers just gave her.

Then she took the note and read it, her eyes openening wide along with her mouth.

"What?!" She almost yelled turning towards her mothers.

"We know you've been dreaming of going since I told you I was italian." Carina chuckled giving her daughter a soft smile.

She was leaning on Maya being sat in front of her, the blonde's right arm wrapped around her.

"I...I do. Yeah...thanks moms." The girl spoke when she felt her voice would be steady enough to not make them notice her emotion.

"Of course baby." Maya replied, smiling along and looking into her bright green eyes.

"Okay alright, our turn now." Vic almost yelled breaking the eye contact between the girl and the mothers.

"So this is heavy and it's actually more than one gift...but actually just one." She tried to explain gesturing while pushing the box closer to the side of the table where Leslie was sitting.

Leslie laughed at her mother's collegue speech as she went to stand up and search in the box.
She pulled out a pair of black boots with a yellow line at the top. A little confused she continued and a facial oxygen mask came out right after. She frowned her brows and looked at everyone in the room already feeling her heart beat in her chest a lot faster and her eyes well up.
Then she took a pair of reinforced gloves and heavy trousers. Her hands were shaking badly, for nothing but excitement.
She took out an SFD navy sweatshirt and a formal navy uniform, the one she would have to wear in the station when not out on call.
Almost reaching the bottom of the box she pulled out a large firefighter jaket and immediately turned it to read Bishop-Deluca at the bottom.
Her eyes filled with tears as she reached the very last item: a black helmet.
A sob left her mouth, feeling her mother's hand touch her back.
Then she let her body fall on the chair behind her.

"Sorry." She chuckled as tears started to fall from her eyes.

They were all softly smiling as Carina wrapped an arm around her.

"It's -" she cleared her throat. "It's just that...two years ago you dragged me out of my burning house." She sobbed once again, her hand wiping away the tears.

"You literally saved my life, you have no idea. And now...two years in a week from now later...I - I could have the chance to do the same. I have the chance to save someone's life like you saved mine." She shook her head looking first at the floor and then at each one of them, including her mothers.

Baby J was happily playing with her new toys, sometimes giggling and looking up at Travis who was making funny faces at her, but still listening to the older girl.

"You have no idea how much this means to me." She smiled widely at them, letting emotion take over and holding the helmet tight.

- October 27th 2023 -

"Come on baby, come to mommy." Maya spoke.

She had been trying to make Joy walk towards her for probably an hour.
The baby girl had managed to stand for the first time a month earlier and now they were all waiting for her first walk.

"I'm here girl, I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. See? Come to me." The blonde kept speaking looking directly in her baby blue eyes as the girl finally let go her hold on the leather of the couch standing without support and turning her whole body towards her mother.

Maya immediately reached her arms forward, squeezing her hands close a few times to catch Joy's attention. The baby girl finally stumbled forward one time. The firefighter's eyes opened widely as she smiled at her daughter.

"Carina. Carina come here now." She called her wife who was trying to rest for more than ten minutes straight after her eventful shift that ended just a few hours ago.

The italian reclutantly stood from the bed and joined her wife in the livingroom in time to see their daughter's very first steps. Her eyes instantly filling with tears along with Maya's.

"Yes yes yes yes yes." The blonde kept encouraging the baby sliding a little backwards to make her walk just a little more before Joy stumbled falling with a happy giggle in her mother's arms.

"You're wonderful bambina mia." Carina spoke joining them on the floor and wrapping her arms around them both.

Maya was smiling so widely her cheeks were hurting but it felt so good that her heart was melting and beating super fast at the same time.

"You did so good, so so good baby J." She chuckled as she felt her own eyes wet again, still holding her baby tight.

"So you won first mama, Leslie won first crawl, you won first tooth and I won first walk." Maya checked the little game board they made after Joy was born, about who would be present at the firsts.

"Do we have to count like first giggle or first time solid food?" The blonde questioned looking at her wife who was attentively observing her.

"What?" Maya asked feeling too observed.

"Can't I look at my beautiful, gorgeous and hot wife when she's havenly happy?" The brunette teased her with a smirk standing up and taking the pen from her wife's hand.

"Plus I don't think you want to count them...cause they're mine too...both." She laughed before using the pen to draw a line on her wife's cheek fast enough before Maya's hand reached her as she opened her mouth faking shock.

"You did not just do that." She threatened her wife laughing and running on the other side of the table where Carina was trying to escape.

"You can't compete." The blonde spoke while attempting to catch her.

"Well...take me then." The italian turned to her wife with a mischievous look before running away from the kitchen.

Maya immediately followed her and reached Carina in a second, wrapping her muscular arms around her from the back and lifting her a little, but enough to drag her towards the bedroom closing the door behind them with her left foot.

Notes

Hope you like it as much as I do.
It's a little lighter and mostly focused on the little girls after a few chapters about Maya and Carina especially.

Thanks and let me know what you think!

Giulia_Rachel

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.4K 2.5K 36
α΄…Ιͺᴠᴇʀɒᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅΙͺΙ΄Ι’ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ α΄…Ιͺκœ°κœ°α΄‡Κ€α΄‡Ι΄α΄› ᴏʀ α΄…α΄‡α΄ α΄‡ΚŸα΄α΄˜ ΙͺΙ΄ α΄…Ιͺκœ°κœ°α΄‡Κ€α΄‡Ι΄α΄› α΄…ΙͺʀᴇᴄᴛΙͺᴏɴꜱ.
82.7K 3.5K 183
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
32.8K 2.6K 30
Denique is an innocent virgin girl who met the young don and fell inlove. Read to find out moreπŸ“š
573K 2.2K 62
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!