Burning Down | Harry Potter

By narcissablacc

~Where dwell the brave at heart, their daring, nerve and chivalry sets a Gryffindor apart~ What if there was... More

Announcement
Prologue
00.
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
~Cordelia Black~
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37. (Important)
Act II
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
Act III
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
79 (II)
80

51.

3.8K 164 15
By narcissablacc

Dear Lia,

It's very upsetting and disturbing to know what is happening around in Hogwarts.

Unfortunately, I have stand no chance against her. If anything, I fear it could only become worse for me.

I really am sorry.

Don't get into any trouble. I wouldn't have minded had it been another year, but after the gained knowledge. I'd rather you stay on your best behaviour.

Don't do something foolish, specially not on impulse.

Look after yourself.

Also, what is this I hear about you and Harry?

Love, Remus.

As expected, the letter was nothing very
pleasant.

Cordelia sighed as she folded the letter.

"I really don't understand how you can call that half-breed your guardian" Draco said the the word half-breed with disgust that could have rivaled Umbridge's hate for half-breeds.

Cordelia had made the mistake of sitting with the Slytherin's for breakfast that day.

Lia fisted her hands as she glared ahead.

"Whatever you prat" she spat before abruptly walking away.

"What was that about..." Blaise asked aloud as he saw Cordelia walking away.

Cordelia sat alone for History of Magic. Not wanting to talk to or listen to anyone's ranting.

She hadn't been doing her best when it came to socialising.

But seeing that she had Daphne, it worked. She didn't need a hundred good for nothing friends. Unlike Draco.

As they moved to Potions, they heard Draco bragging about how Umbridge had given the Slytherin quidditch team permission to practice only because Draco went to ask her.

“I mean,” said Draco, raising his voice a little more, his gray eyes glittering malevolently in Harry and Ron’s direction, “if it’s a question of influence with the Ministry, I don’t think they’ve got much chance. . . .
From what my father says, they’ve been looking for an excuse to sack Arthur Weasley for years. . . . And as for Potter . . . My father says it’s a matter of time before the Ministry has him carted off to St. Mungo’s. . . .apparently they’ve got a special ward for people whose brains have been
addled by magic . . .”

Draco made a grotesque face, his mouth sagging open and his eyes rolling. Crabbe and Goyle gave their usual grunts of laughter, Pansy Parkinson shrieked with glee.

Lia looked at Draco disgusted. She was also a tiny bit hurt when she heard what Lucius had to say about Harry, but what was new?

She couldn't believe how Narcissa is letting Draco talk all the nonsense.

Before anyone could react, Neville lunged towards Draco, who suddenly had a scared expression on his face.

His parents....

Lia looked at Neville with empathy as she remembered his parents. Of course he wouldn’t or rather couldn't stand anyone saying anything against them.

But lucky for him, Harry and Ron held him back.

As Snape opened the door and asked them all to come in, Lia passed Draco and threw him a disgusted look.

"You really are disgusting Draco. Think before you speak at least. Wonder if you were only placed into Slytherin because of your heritage" she sneered.

Draco sneered back at Lia, "Watch it, cousin" he spat the last word.

"No, you watch it, cousin" Lia stated with an equally hard glare.

"Mr.Malfoy, Ms.Black, is there a problem?" came Snape's drawl from behind them.

"No Professor" the two synced before walking into opposite directions.

Sitting at extreme opposite ends from each other, which landed Lia next to Hermione.

They were to make a strengthening potion.

Umbridge was there for inspection.

Lia focused on her potion as she tried to block other voices out.

"How long have you been teaching at Hogwarts?” Umbridge asked Snape, her
quill poised over her clipboard.

“Fourteen years,” Snape replied. His expression was unfathomable.

“You applied first for the Defense Against the Dark Arts post, I believe?”Professor Umbridge asked Snape.

“Yes,” said Snape quietly.

“But you were unsuccessful?”

Snape’s lip curled, “Obviously.”

Professor Umbridge scribbled on her clipboard, “And you have applied regularly for the Defense Against the Dark Arts
post since you first joined the school, I believe?”

“Yes,” said Snape quietly, barely moving his lips. He looked very angry.

“Do you have any idea why Dumbledore has consistently refused to appoint you?” asked Umbridge.

“I suggest you ask him,” said Snape jerkily.

“Oh I shall,” said Professor Umbridge with a sweet smile.

“I suppose this is relevant?” Snape asked, his black eyes narrowed.

“Oh yes,” said Professor Umbridge. “Yes, the Ministry wants a thorough understanding of teachers’ — er — backgrounds . . .”

She turned away, walked over to Pansy Parkinson and began questioning
her about the lessons.

“No marks again, then, Potter,” said Snape maliciously, as he went raised his wand to empty Harry's potion yet again.

Lia used her wand to deflect it.

Snape glared at the girl, while Harry looked happy.

"I think its looks better than Crabbe, Goyle, and Nott's, Professor" Lia stated coolly as she stared right back to Snape.

"10 points from Gryffindor" was all Snape said.

As they all emptied the Potions classroom, Lia went over what she had just done.

Basically call for a war, blow up the cover. Act stupid!

She shook her head as she walked towards her next class.

-

A couple of days went by with nothing much happening.

Draco and Cordelia weren't talking.

Daphne and Cordelia were getting closer day by day.

She was pleased to see Daphne act happy for her when she learned that Remus was her guardian, saying how cool that it. He must've taught her a lot of defence.

Lia sat in the empty Gryffindor common room with Harry beside her.

"Can, I- uh tell you something?" He whispered quietly.

"Yeah?" Lia whispered back.

The two talked in hushed voices as if not wanting to be heard.

"It's really weird" Harry stated with a frown.

"Mhmm, I like weird" Lia gave him a funny smile and kissed his forehead.

She had been more touchy. Slowly realising how her love language was quite and weirdly similar to someone..... she knows of.

She wanted everyone to know Harry was hers, appreciate him at every given moment. Shower him with love and would do anything for him. Which was scary.

Harry smiled before he told her about his scar hurting after the Quidditch practice.

"So.... you- you can like read his moods? You feel his anger, pleasure and anxiousness?" She whispered, slightly horrified and really scared for the blue eyed boy sitting in front of her.

"Yeah.... it's really weird and scary" he stated.

"I- I don't know what to say" Lia stammered.

"You don't need to...." Harry trailed off.

"Go out with me? Whenever the next Hogsmeade trip is" he grinned suddenly.

Lia contemplated before nodding slowly.

"Okay"

This made Harry stare at her dumbfounded. His eyes wide, while his jaw hanging open.

Lia giggled at the sight before slowly closing his jaw by placing her hand delicately under his chin and pushing it upwards slowly.

"R-really? You- you will?" He asked, as he jumped to stand in front of her.

"Yeah...." Lia looked up at him with slightly pink cheeks.

"Great! That's fantastic! Brilliant" he ranted as he paced in front of her.

"Harry" Lia laughed at his reaction, making him blush.

"Sorry.... just. I'm very excited" he stated with an embarrassed smile.

"Cute" Lia muttered underneath her breath, as she capped the ink bottle.

"No, you're cute" Harry rushed as he leaned down and kissed her forehead, before rushing upstairs. Grinning to himself.

Lia blushed furiously at that but smiled happily nonetheless.

She couldn't wait for the date either.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 5.9K 74
"You kissed Sirius," I sob. "I know, Cordelia." He whispers. "It's so horrible." "Yes, it is. I wish you hadn't had to see that," I rest my head agai...
2.7M 88.4K 153
philophobia-the fear of falling in love or becoming emotionally connected to someone... ~~~ This is a story you've heard before, passed down throu...
41.3K 715 74
"she found the colours to paint him, where the world left him grey." -Atticus ~From Third year~ Evanora Vienna Black,always in the shadows. But what...
12.1K 238 54
(CHAPTERS WITH ONLY A '~' AT THE START WITH NO NUMBER ARE BEING REWRITTEN.) Elladora Walburga Black was the twin sister of Sirius Black, elder sister...