They Saved Me {COMPLETED}

By IdeeLovesPaper

I don't know how it happened. One minute, I was in my room looking up at the ceiling, choking on my tears. Th... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 - Diary session I
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 13

1 0 0
By IdeeLovesPaper

Here you go....

Karen was packing her stuff from the cafe and we were about to leave when I heard a voice behind me.

"You weren't going to leave without saying hi now, were you?"

My heart hammered aginst my chest as I halted. I turned around to look at him and he was looking as gorgeous as ever. His hair fell over his eyes and his lips were pulled into that half smile that looked so good on him. The dimple on his left cheek was showing and his hands were in the pocket of his jeans. He had bags under his eyes and looked kinda pale but he still looked very good though.

It scared me that I noticed all that in under five seconds.

"Hi Jake."

His lips pulled up more into a bigger smile as he stared at me. "Hi Jenny." he turned to look at the starstruck, red faced redhead beside me.

"Who's your friend?"

"Oh, this is Karen. Karen this is... my friend, Jake." Jake extended his hand to shake hers.

"Nice to meet you, Karen."

"Y-You too, Jake."

He smiled at her politely before turning to me, "So what are you doing here?"

"Nothing. We were just leaving." I grabbed Karens hand and we were about to make run for it when he grabbed my wrist.

"Wait, come sit with me and my friends. I want to introduce you."

"Oh no. I don't want to impose."

"You're not. Karen can come too."

"Um... I don't think that's a good idea." I shook my head because for one strawberry blond was seating where Jake had sat while the rest of the table subtly glared at her.

"Just for a little while. Then I'll drive you and Karen home. Please? I want you to meet them."

I sighed. I looked at Karen. "Are you okay with it?"

"Of course. It's no problem."

I looked up at Jake and nodded. He beamed and took my hand in his, gently dragging me to his table. Karen beside me. He removed his hand from mine when we got to the table and wrapped it around my waist instead.

When strawberry blonde saw us approaching, she narrowed her eyes at Jake's arm around my waist. I gulped not really needing this type of attention as I watched the table look at us. Suddenly, this didn't seem like such a good idea anymore.

Or maybe that's just me being shy.

"Hey guys. This is Jenny and her friend Karen."

Karen and I said hi simultaneously and kind of awkwardly and the whole table said their hellos after raising brows and widening eyes. "Jenny, Karen," he pointed at the two boys that looked identical, "This is Shane and Troy. They're Identical twins so the only ways to tell them apart is—Shane, Troy tell them your differences."

They both stood up. They both had dark almost black hair but one had lip and brow piercing and the other had sleeve tattoos. The one with the piercings spoke, "There isn't much of a difference actually. I'm the better looking one."

"That's not true!" The buffer one with tattoos on both his arms spoke,  "Clearly I'm the better looking one.  True ladies?" he smirked andKaren and I giggled. I only giggled because he looked constipated. I don't know bout Karen though.

The girl in between them stood up,  silencing their arguments about who was better looking.

"Hi. I'm Makayla but my friends call me Mac so you can call me Mac because a friend of Jakie-bear is a friend of mine." She winked at him and frowned at the nickname. Mac was really pretty with pretty dark skin and Box braids that reached her waist.

"Lemme tell you a little secret to tell this two apart," Mac continued, "You'll just know. They may look alike but they're personalities are very different."

"Thank you Mac." Jake called out looking exhausted. He rubbed his temple.

The tattoo guy of the twin crossed his arms, "I'm still better looking."

The piercings one rolled his eyes and mocked him. The tattoo one wanted to attack the piercings one but Mac intervined, looking at the tattoos one.

"Babe, you know you're better looking just let it go." she ran her hands through his dark hair.

He sat down looking smug, "I just wanted you to say it." Mac rolled her eyes and smacked his chest but he smiled and kissed her cheek softly causing her to smile. Mac smiled at us. "This is my boyfriend, Shane. His brother is Troy."

Troy pouted.

Karen smiled. "Well, that makes that a lot easier." I noticed her look at Troy for a split second but I pretended not to notice.

Jake rubbed his head, "I can't believe we just spent 10 minutes trying to tell two completely different people apart."

"Hey, it's your fault you asked us to do it." Troy murmured and Jake glared.

"Yeah yeah yeah, great all the formalities are out of the way," a loud whiny voice said and we turned to look at Josi. I heard Jake sigh incoherently beside me, "Jake come sit."

"Don't you have work to do, Josi?" Karen asked.

"I don't think that's any of your concern, Karen." Josi rolled her blue eyes.

"It is my concern. You're supposed to be working not sitting around, talking with the customers."

"Please." Josi shook her hand, dismissing her while batting her lashes at Jake who was still holding me. I inched closer to him because he seemed tense and Josi seemed to have noticed because her eyes narrowed on me with a deathly glare. Karen, however was about to give Josi a piece of her mind because she was really mad. Her face was turning red. She was quickly interrupted though.

"Easy Red. Calm down." Troy spoke with an easy smirk on his face as he looked at Karen. She suddenly seemed insulted and glared at him.

"Don't call me that." she snapped and his smirk widened.

"Come sit with me, red."

"Do. Not. Call. Me. that!"

Wow, Karen was really really mad now. "Better be careful Karen. We don't want your face exploding now do we?" Josi laughed. Now it was my turn to get angry.

"Watch it." I defended my friend. Josi laughed even louder.

"Oh so she talks." Josi mocked.

Karen clenched her fists which didn't go unnoticed by me or Troy for that matter because he was staring at her shaking fists. Karen was about to say something but Jake beat her to it.

"Julie, I think you should leave." He said. I stifled a laugh because I'm pretty sure Jake didn't get her name wrong to be rude. He just didn't remember and that was funny.

She seemed offended that he hadn't bothered to remember her name. "Its Josi." She reminded.

"Just leave please." He rubbed his temple and that movement I noticed he'd been doing all day makes me nervous again. He was tired and strawberry blond was stressing him out.

"Damn right." Shane supported, glaring at her.

Josi sputtered, "What? I was just having fun."

"Not at my friends expense." Jake spoke.

She looked around the table probably hoping someone would come to her rescue and defend her but Mac was looking at her nail blatantly ignoring her. Shane was glaring at her. Troy wasn't even looking at her but at Karen who was still fuming. She laughed like she couldn't believe it before getting up. She walked up to Jake, took his hand and slipped a paper into his palm, "Call me."

She glanced at me and rolled her eyes before walking past me bumping her shoulder with mine aggressive. I didn't look at her because i didn't want to lose my cool. I was a lot of things but I wasn't a pushover. I could defend myself when need be. I mean I took on my psycho step father and almost kind of maybe won. I could have said something but I let her walk away because she wasn't worth my time. I looked at Karen, she was still trying to compose herself.

"Karen. Are you–"

"I'm fine. I'm fine," she laughed shakily, "I just need a minute. Haha. I'll just..." she pointed at the door and rushed out.

Oh Karen, "I should go after–"

"No, I'll do it." Troy spoke as he pushes his chair back.

"I don't think–"

"I'll take care of it. Don't worry about about it. Red would be just fine." he flashed me a small reassuring smile. I nodded but I was still worried about my friend. Troy walked out shedding a deadly glare to Josi on his way out who just rolled her eyes.

I looked up at Jake and he gestured for me to sit. Quickly, Shane and Mac entered a fun conversation about aliens and I listened in. They occasionally let me into the conversation asking my opinion. Well duh! Aliens exist! I felt Jake nudge me and I looked up at him.

"Wanna take a walk?"

I nodded and stood up. Jake faced his group, "We'll be right back. Mac you're in charge."

"What?! No fair!" Shane complained as we walked out of the cafe. The moon was out and the stars were shining. "Let's walk at the park." he took my hand and dragged me to the park that wasn't too far away from the cafe. The park was deserted with no soul around. It was only the two of us and that made me nervous.

The good nervous.

Thanks for reading

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

So Close By RANDF014

Teen Fiction

537 13 11
What do you do when you’re really in love with someone but can’t do anything because he’s already taken? Do you fight for it in this kind of matter...
Altered By Luella M Opal

General Fiction

188 30 30
Have you ever met someone who alters the course of your life? For good or for bad, they've come in, given and taken, and then- BOOM! Your life was...
17.8K 974 55
It's nothing like you imagine. Please give it a chance. ✷✷✷✷ She smacked my head. I smacked her head. She stuck out her tongue. I stuck out my tongue...
16 1 8
saving hope it is about a girl who goes through a number imaginable things. She dealt with the loss of her father and the remarriage she had to go th...