bat, grimm and the cat can fi...

By PJACLIEBE

Harry is on the run after inflating his aunt. He encounters a large black dog, the boy spontaneously takes hi... More

Hello people:)
Escape and a new friend
Thoughts in the night
I thought I had holidays
Bathing fun, or something
A birthday present to run away from
The rest of the birthday
Nocturnal thoughts 2
Shopping with Snape and Dog
An unpleasant truth
Schools
Nocturnal thoughts 3
Everyday life begins
A necessary divorce
Man or dog?
Dark magic
Quirrell
Sirius Black
Holiday stress and gather allies
Rat hunting plans part 1
Rat hunting plans part 2
An evening with friends
Three men vs. wild magic
A train ride is funny part 1
A train ride that's funny part 2
Articles and more
A theory raises questions
Turbulent times
Rat trapped/ Rat in a trap
Help for Remus
Freedom for Sirius
No more games
Family Black
Summer
Three schools
Attendees
A reason to risk your life
The first exam
After the fight
Dancing lesson
The ball
The second task
The most important person
The beetle's core
The third task
It was not planned that way
The reason
After the tournament
Wasted vacation
Fish on the hook
An overdue law
Feather and groove, or dog and cat?
She needs behavior lessons herself
Sirius in father mode
A true lord
It makes bones shiver with fear
Veela Nest
Off to the etiquette
I 'm ill?
Politics is tough business
Seats, seats, and more seats
Not sick but stupid
Cat in love
Draco's friendship
Harry Werther
The pack invades the village
A letter against loneliness
A nice evening
Christmas morning of a special family
Christmas with Lucius
The reason behind the festivals
Not a boring celebration?
Just a normal boy
The last letter for the time being
Full throttle into summer
Recreation for adults
Finally breathe again
Lessons at the ball
how it goes with the Greeks
Revenge for the big mouth
Colorful
Festival of the senses
Hand kisses and gigolo
Silver star
Cultural exchange part 1
Cultural exchange part 2
Wonderful acquaintance
Cord disconnection with starting difficulties
one week vacation part 1
One week vacation part 2
Nice days part 1
Nice days part 2
A Victorian lady
Off to the sixth year
Lucius' household
A brilliant strategy
Soon a new director
Prologue and Epilogue
part 2

Proper behavior at the table

2.2K 109 0
By PJACLIEBE

At first everyone was calm and focused while reading. But after a while Severus, who was correcting some student work, heard annoyed groans. .when he looked up, a few hands were in the air again.
“Read the chapter through first, then we'll talk about it. And please be quiet. You'd think I'd torture you. "
Reluctantly, the hands went back down.
.severus was not surprised at the disbelieving behavior of the children. The customs in the magical world really took some getting used to. Some students who grew up in the magical world stare perplexed into their books. .for example Ron Weasley, although the teacher was not surprised. Not with the parents.
It took a while for everyone to read the chapter. .only when the last student had lifted his head out of the book did Severus too and stand in front of the class again.
He leaned casually against his table, he knew that his students were impressed by this behavior. .teenagers were so easy to control.
"Any questions?"

The looks that met the teacher were wonderful. The students looked like they had just pissed Severus with his question. .well, that was really the case, but otherwise you wouldn't allow him any more fun.

Of course, it was Hermione's hand that shot up first. But this time nobody stopped her. .the youngsters even looked downright relieved because the girl took on the task.
"Yes, Ms. Granger?"
“Daggers?” She wanted to know in disbelief.
Severus almost laughed.
“Would you ask your question in one sentence, please? .we're not here doing crossword puzzles or shorthand courses. "
"Yes of course. Do you still eat with daggers in the magical world? English Muggles haven't done that since the 19th century. "
.“And, as you must have noticed in the great hall, the magicians don't do it anymore either. At least not in everyday life, ”her teacher reminded her.
Now Ron's hand shot up.
"Yes?"
"When then? .at home we never ate with daggers. Only with a knife and fork. "
"Don't be angry with me, but even then I had my doubts at times," sighed the teacher.
Ron blushed, but then he raised his hand again. .a nod indicated that he should speak.
“Well, our parents never cared how we ate. As long as we didn't put our feet on the table, they didn't care. In this respect, your assumption is even correct. .but even in your private lessons you never let us eat with daggers. "
“That's right, because I had to start from scratch with you and your siblings. .don't look like that, I told you back then that I don't blame you. It would have been your parents' job to raise you. .in other countries it may be good form to burp after dinner, or even let one go, but that certainly does not apply to England. "
At the words the boy relaxed so much that he could laugh again. .his classmates had to bite their grins. They couldn't believe the Weasleys farted in the presence of Severus Snape.

Now Harry raised his hand.
"Yes?"
"As you know, I've already read the book."
.severus smiled. Harry insisted on always addressing him as "you" in class. In any case, the boy wanted to prevent anyone from accusing him of disrespect. But there was another reason for his amusement.
."Of course I know that, after all, I was the one who gave you the books to read."
Isolated laughter could be heard in the room.
Harry's mouth twitched too.
.“Yes, that's right, what I'm trying to say, I know the book, I've read it from cover to cover. But there was one thing I found strange at the time: There is no description of the occasions on which the daggers are used. .There are only basic things in it that you do not put the cutlery back on the table with a normal meal once you have picked it up. In which order you take the cutlery and how you hold it. .above all, that the fork should not be rammed into the meat and then held like a pitchfork. And so forth. But daggers are only mentioned in passing. "
Severus nodded.
“Very well paid attention. Five points to Gryffindor. Mr. .greengrass, can you explain to your classmates why there is so little information on this subject? "
Draco was visibly embarrassed.
"Um, no, unfortunately not. I don't know this book. "
"Really, but Ms. .Black taught you table manners, didn't you? "
“Yes, but not with the help of books. To be precise, I've never held a book on etiquette in my hand. "
."Probably explains why the woman can't keep to it herself," Severus grumbled. “Well, then differently. This book was written for children. To be precise, the recommended age group is eight to eleven years. "
.Harry's hand shot up immediately.
"Yes, Mr. Potter?"
“But that also mentions the kiss on the hand. Aren't children a little too young for such information? "
Severus shook his head.
.“No, this knowledge is used so that the children know what this gesture is about. Especially when an adult dares to approach them in this way. That has already happened in the past. "
."What you don't say," Harry muttered.
Severus' expression darkened, he also remembered the scene in the cauldron when this servant had approached his son.

.severus cleared his throat to get back to the real topic.
“So now you all know how to behave at the table, at least in theory. I expect all of you to adhere to this information in the future. .if something is unclear to you, ask me. Otherwise, I don't want to catch you eating with your hands and feet in the future. This will be your homework, so to speak. For the rest of your life. "
.the students began to laugh, you could see very clearly that their teacher was just remembering the previous scenes in the great hall.
Crabbe answered.
"Do you deduct house points if we don't stick to them in the future?"
."What you can bet your broom on," Severus growled.
That also caused laughter again.

Daphne's hand went up.
"Yes, please, Ms. Greengrass?"
“Daggers are only eaten on special occasions. .at official receptions, balls or similar social events. No self-respecting person would expect his family or friends to eat their food in this way. .that would be considered particularly improper. The daggers turn a meal into something official.
..So if you should ever be invited to a friend's house and they put the food in front of you in such a way that you need daggers, they either have no manners or they don't like you, or there are other guests and the reason for meeting is a .more social. "

societal
severus nodded.
“Very good, Ms. Greengrass. Five points to Slytherin for this impeccable explanation. Can anyone else tell me something about it? "
Vincent's hand immediately went up.
"Mr. Crabbe? "
.“There is nothing in the book you gave us about this particular etiquette, because children are not expected to adhere to it. It is only when you are thirteen that society is required to take these customs into account. .Of course, the children learn from their parents how to handle daggers beforehand, but officially it is considered improper for younger people to eat with these objects. "
"Another five points for your house," Severus determined.

."That gives you a headache," muttered Ron.
"If you want points as well, then you'll have to deliver something for me," smirked Severus.
Ron looked desperately at his teacher.
“I didn't mean the points, I meant these rules. .Why should children be taught with daggers only in private, but only when they are thirteen on occasions and the like? That is pure arbitrariness. "
"Anyone want to give Mr. Weasley more headache by telling him why?"
.half the class burst out laughing again.
Draco gladly accepted the task.
“It has to do with combat readiness. Parents who force or stop a child to eat with daggers are considered paranoid. .they are viewed with a curious look by society. "
"My parents, ARE paranoid, so why didn't we learn?"
The dry statement from Ron earned him sympathetic looks.
"Does anyone have any idea?" Severus wanted to know.
.Hermione answered.
"Probably because you are never invited to any occasion?"
"Right."
"Is it because they hunt magical beings?" It came from Ron.
This time Severus just nodded.
The mood was at its peak.
.severus would have loved to tell Arthur and Molly a few bars. These two had no idea how much their children were suffering from their behavior.
He decided to just get on with the class.

.“In order to anticipate your next question, I will explain to you in a moment what readiness for combat is all about.
In the old days it was easy to get attacked while you were eating. .at this point the focus was on something other than combat, which many use as an opportunity to get rid of a troublemaker. It didn't matter if it was muggles or other wizards who harbored a grudge against you.
.As we have already noticed, people used to eat exclusively with knives. The fork did not exist at that time. And when it was invented, it was called vulgar.
.So you only ever had your cutlery in one hand, the second was free.
If you summarize this information now, what do you conclude from it? "
Dean raised his hand.
“You used the second hand to hold your wand. .that way you were better prepared for attackers. However, you couldn't really enjoy the food if you were constantly expecting an attack. "
“You might be right about that. .the people at that time certainly suffered from severe, stress-related heartburn. By the way, five points for Gryffindor. "
"Why has that prevailed until today?" Pansy wanted to know.
.the girl knew the rules, but that didn't mean she could understand.
“There are traditions about it, not every one has a reason. Some people just keep people out of nostalgia. .but there is something else behind this tradition. In this way you can see how seriously you have to take your counterpart. "

Those words made faces confused again. Severus took pity on him. .especially because it was a nice change to see the students hanging on his every word.
'Can't you do the same with potions?'
"There are different levels of eating with daggers."
"Huh?"
.this communal saying made the teacher roll his eyes.
"Like in sports?" Seamus wanted to know.
“No, this is about politics.
.when your parents give an official meal, the guests always hold the dagger in their staff hand. This rule also applies to balls and similar foolishness, to which I could only be dragged under protest. Ask why? "
."Because you don't like parties?" Harry joked.
"Very funny, I can't even deduct points from you because it's true. But that's not the answer to my question. Yes, Ms. Bones? "
“Because you don't expect an attack. .While it is an official event and people expect us to act accordingly, it is not a political event. Or a council of war. .if that were the case, those involved would not eat their food with the stick hand. This is because you always expect a fight. If you don't do it, you will be seen as naive and not to be taken seriously. .In this respect, Dean is right, such occasions are not very relaxing. I was there myself on one of those nights. The adults watched each other like wolves. The whole thing had the charm of a flubberworm pus shower. "
."I can imagine," grumbled Severus.

Teacher always found it impossible to drag children along on such occasions. .that was pure stress for the little ones. But since Amelia Bones raised her niece alone, the woman often had no choice but to take the girl with her. .she would weaken her political position if she did not show up “only” because she had a child to look after. That could possibly also cost her the job. The wizards in this country were often just waiting to saw someone off.

.for a while the students had to deal with this information.
"And what if you eat with your non-dominant hand at a ball?" Cho wanted to know.
“Then you are considered paranoid and a nuisance. .a person who just wants to spoil the fun for others and sees death and ruin on every corner, ”explained the teacher.
"Sounds like Trelawney," Ron grumbled.
.severus almost choked, and the children, who were unlucky enough to be tutored by this woman, giggled too.
Now Harry raised his hand.
"How about Mr. Malfoy?" The boy turned to Draco.
.“What about my godfather?” He wanted to know.
“Well, he always has his cane with him, how does it work? He can't grow a third arm. .and he will certainly not carry the cane on his back either. "
Draco snorted.
“Merlin, the picture alone cannot be surpassed in terms of ridiculousness.
Uncle Lucius rarely takes the stick to such events. .do you remember the ball last year? He didn't have it with him either. He always has his wand in a holster. But don't be fooled. The man can pull incredibly quickly. "
"Faster than his shadow?grinned a Hufflepuff.
The children from the wizarding world looked at each other in confusion. And so they first had to be told who Lucky Luke was.
"Leave out the 'k' and 'e' for Luke, insert a 'c' and it fits," smirked Severus.

.then he clapped his hands.
“So, let's sum up, table manners are very important and should always be followed. Always think of the people who are sitting with you at the table or in the room.
.daggers are only used on official occasions. In those where you have to expect an attack, or where you are not allowed to show any weakness in front of the other side, the dagger is held in the non-dominant hand. .On occasions that are only for entertainment, it is held in the hand of a staff.
Children do not have to adhere to these rules until they are thirteen. .beforehand you want them to enjoy their childhood and not be interested in the concerns of adults. Parents who do not adhere to it have to expect a visit to the youth department.
Everything is fine so far?"
.the students nodded.
“Well, then we'll end our lesson for today by practicing eating with daggers. For the beginning only with the baton hand. .don't worry, the knives are all so enchanted that you cannot injure yourself. Not even if they stab the roof of the mouth. This also applies to the official daggers. .they can be used as a weapon, but they never injure the wearer. "
"How do you go about it safely? A dagger can change hands, ”said Ron.
Severus shook his head. .the boy's lack of education spoke again.
“Every child is given their own dagger when they are thirteen. Like the family ring, it bears the coat of arms. .Children from the Muggle world can choose their own coat of arms, so they can found a new family tree. "
"Really?" Hermione wanted to know excitedly.
“Yes, we will talk about this topic at a later date.
.First of all, it is important that you deal with the basic things. "

Severus led the children to an adjoining room, where the house-elves had already prepared the food. There was a sharp dagger in every seat.
.“Notice how I do it,” demanded the teacher.
The rest of the hour the children tormented themselves with the unfamiliar cutlery. Few could handle it already. And it only looked really elegant with Severus.
.however, the jailer wasn't all that dissatisfied with his class. He had already had a vintage when the potatoes flew around because skewering just wouldn't work. .but, he was lucky with this class.
'Why not in potions too?' Could he still not help asking ...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80K 1.2K 28
West is the daughter of the Famous Wicked Witch of the West. This book is gonna be based on her and her best friend Harry when there kids secretly in...
19.4K 1.2K 24
"You are now the property of Maharaj Aditya Rai Singhania of Mehrangarh" I sliced off the head of the soldier as soon as those words left his mouth. ...
669K 33.2K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
20.5K 479 14
this was the story of girl y/n was now solded to the mafia king who was firstly not rude towards y/n but because of y/n hateful words he became Cole...