Soft and Gay - Cadnis Oneshots

By julez_20

The title describes it pretty well actually. Cadnis Content because we can't get enough of it😁 More

I messed up...
You're Alive
What I've Been Looking For (1)
What I've Been Looking For (2)
What I've Been Looking For (Reprise)
Disney Magic
Dead by Daylight (1)
Dead by Daylight (2)
Please tell me I'm not dreaming
You're definitely not dreaming
Cady Help.
Will you read something to me?
Little Notes & Love Letters
A Very Cadnis Halloween
That didn't go as planned (1)
That didn't go as planned (2)
That didn't go as planned (3)
7350 miles away
I'm Pregnant (+ bonus story)
Something to make you feel better
Dead by Daylight (3)
Dead by Daylight (4)
Dead by Daylight (5)
You've Got a Match! (1)
You've Got a Match! (2)
You've Got a Match! (3)
7350 miles away (reprise) + Bonus story
A Very Cadnis Christmas
Mean Girls.
Does this girl work out? She must.
You Make Me Happy
12am
I'm Here
I Was Sleeping.
Do You Wanna stay Over for Dinner? +Bonus Story
It's Gonna Be Okay
I'm Coming Home
I'm Coming Home (Reprise)
7 Years
Other Plans + Bonus Story
Don't die on me... (1)
Don't die on me... (2)
One Call Away
Bonus Stories Because I'm stuck.
I Want To Hold Your Hand
Starting Over (aka procrastination #4)
Would You Lie With Me And Just Forget The World?
Treat You Better (1)
Treat You Better (2)
Treat You Better (3)
Treat You Better (4)
Treat You Better (5)
Shameless Self Promo.
Teacher's Special Favor
Hey Friends
Halloween
We're dead! We're dead, we're dead, we're dead!
The Time of My Life
A Spiritual Promise
Worst Christmas Ever (But You Made It a Little Better)
And The Winner Is... (What Happened At The Academy Awards 1)
The Sun Vanished (redone)
Until Next Time, Bye ♥️

Treat You Better (Reprise)

113 3 22
By julez_20

Okay hi. I thinks this is the softest thing I've ever written. Much soft Janis, much Caddie being in love, much gay. Also I made a Cadnis playlist I listened to while writing this. If you wanna hear it: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1ZGFruyko0kCqU0RzhoaLR?si=75c2fca089484d4c 

Have fun.

Janis grip around the steering wheel tightened.

This is it. She thought. The big day. 

It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon, and for some, a terrifying one. It was the day of Janis and Cadys first actual date. The promise they made the last night of their unofficial honeymoon. The first step into something they both feared the most. Something unpredictable.

It has been a whole month since they've came back and, as much as Janis loved Cady, she was dreading the day. Today a dream would come true. But what if it turned into a nightmare? What if Janis disappoints Cady? What if it all goes entirely wrong? More and more doubts filled Janis as she anxiously looked out of the car window, directly onto the house Cady was still living in. 

She spotted her through the kitchen window, leaning against the counter tapping away on her phone. Her brows were furrowed and the expression on her face looked just as anxious as Janis felt right now. 

At least I'm not the only one. She sighed unbuckling her seatbelt and finally stepping out of the car, closing the door slightly harder than normal. She flattened her shirt, and fixed the collar of her flannel one last time until she reached the front door, her hand hovering over the doorbell in hesitation for a second.

Come on Sarkisian. You can do it.

"It's just Caddie" she murmured before finally ringing the bell, taking one step back from the door. 

Maybe that was the problem. Cady has been her best friend since High school. There was never something more between them, other than Janis endless pining. But now that she knew that Cady might feel the same way, it suddenly got terrifying. She would give anything to hold Cady close again, to touch her and kiss her like she did once before, but now that it wasn't just a fantasy anymore, it scared her.

Her head snapped up when she heard the door unlock and creak open.

"Hey." Cady said softly, immediately pulling her into a hug as she always did.

"Hey you." Janis murmured, slowly but surely relaxing in her embrace. The sweet, familiar smell of lavender filling her senses. It's just Caddie.

Janis reluctantly pulled away first, letting her hands linger for a moment more on her hips, taking her in. Cady was wearing a navy blue, short sleeved, flowing summer dress, going down to just above her knees, accompanied with black sandals. Her hair was tied up in a loose ponytail and for once she didn't wear make up. Janis smiled at how flawless her natural beauty really was...how all her cute freckles were showing, how long her lashes were and how kissable her soft, pink lips were.

"You look beautiful." Janis said, retrieving her hands from Cady, burying them into the pockets of her denim shorts. "I like the dress."

"Thank you... So do you." They smiled at each other, before suddenly Cady's expression changed into pure excitement as if she just remembered something. 

"And look it has pockets!" The redhead proudly presented the absolute necessary part of the dress, her eyes shining in excitement and her smile growing wider when Janis excitement matched hers.

After a few minutes of giving compliments back and forth Janis finally took Cady by the hand and lead her to her car, a lot calmer and ready to make this date finally happen.

---   

They spent most of the car ride in a comfortable silence, only a few little lines of smalltalk and loving glances were enough to make them feel perfectly content while they listened to Cady's favorite Spotify playlist. 

They drove into the more country side of Chicago. The grey, hectic and loud city now behind them turned smaller and there was now a beautiful view of trees, fields and little ponds. It was beautiful.

"Will you tell me now where you're taking me?" Cady asked eventually, still admiring the view as 'Motion Sickness' by Phoebe Bridgers started playing in the background. 

But Janis didn't answer. She was just singing along, harmonizing to the melodies, Tapping her fingers onto the steering wheel to the rhythm. 

Cady smiled. She loved seeing Janis like this. Her relaxed and genuinely happy expression, the constant tension in her shoulders gone and the image of the tough punk rock lesbian put down. Seeing the side of her no one else gets to see. She'd never get tired of it. This date could've ended there and Cady would've been perfectly fine with that. Just because she saw her being happy. 

"What?" Janis chuckled as she caught Cady staring at her.

"Nothing..."

"Why are you staring at me that way?"

"I like seeing you like that."

Her brows furrowed. "Like what?"

"Happy." Cady smiled, as Janis cheeks turned a little pink and she put her hand on top of hers, giving it a little squeeze.

"Now Sarkisian, where are you taking me?" Cady said, her focus on the road ahead of them again.

"That, my dear, is still a surprise." Janis grinned at the little groan her friend let out.

"Ugh. At least tell me when we're there?"

"Soon Caddie... relax." Janis chuckled now taking Cady's hand into her own, gently brushing her thumb over her knuckles. "...Patience."

Oh no she did not.

"Janis Sarkisian! Behave!" Cady blushed furiously at the memory, trying to hide it by looking out of the window.

Janis laughed, placing a light kiss on the back of Cadys hand. "You know I could never."

---

A few songs and many glances from Cady later, Janis spoke up again as she was driving slowly through a forest.

"Close your eyes for a second please?"  

Cady didn't want to. It was too beautiful. The green leafs were swaying in the wind, practically glowing in the sunlight, the calming sound of ravel underneath the tires was filling the air and there were a few birds singing their songs in the distance.

"Why? Is this the day you're finally going to kill me?"

"Sorry to disappoint you but no." Janis chuckled. "Just a surprise."

Cady sighed and reluctantly closed her eyes, gripping Janis hand a little tighter. She felt the car turning and backing into... a parking space? Unlikely in the forest but Cady couldn't come up with anything else.

The engine cut and Janis leaned over pressing a tiny kiss onto Cadys cheek before whispering, "Open them"

Cadys eyes fluttered open and her brows furrowed for a second.

"We're literally just facing the woods, Janis."

"That's why you need to turn around dumbass." Janis grinned as she opened the door and climbed out of the car.

Cady followed in curiosity and when she turned around she let out a gasp. The view was beautiful. The truck was standing between two pillars of rock, building kind of a natural frame around the endless field of woods and rocks beneath them. The sun started to set, glowing in a beautiful orange shade, coloring the sky in pinks and blues.

"You like it?" Janis whispered, wrapping her arms around Cadys waist from behind.

"It's-" Cady couldn't describe it. There were no words which were able to describe how beautiful this was, and how it made her feel in that moment. So she just turned in Janis arms, pulling her in for a tight hug. "Thank you."

"You're very welcome." Janis then pulled away a little, stepping to the side revealing the backside of her truck was basically made into a big bed with loads of cushions and blankets, in the middle, a basket with food and a wine bottle.

"I couldn't really come up with anything so I thought maybe eating and a few cuddles with a nice view would be a good start?" Janis said rather sheepishly, scratching the back of her neck.

Cady smiled as she took her hand, making her way up to the truck. "It's perfect, idiot. Now please help me up here?"

---

Janis couldn't stop staring at the beautiful being beside her. Sometimes she refused to believe that Cady was human. The orange light of the setting sun illuminated her hair in a vibrant red tone and her skin was glowing. Her many freckles visible, like little stars slowly fading in the light of dawn. She was smiling as she was telling a story about her math studies, that Janis was totally not listening to, showing her perfect white teeth. 

God how did I get this beautiful  little nerd to have feelings for me?

After a while Cady caught her gaze, chuckling. "What?"

"Nothing." Janis took a sip from her whine, "I'm just very gay."

"Tell me something new." Cady rolled her eyes affectionately before inching closer to Janis, resting her head onto her shoulder. "How did you even find this?"

Janis smiled as she put her arm around Cadys shoulder, pulling her closer. "My mom and I used to watch the sunset here every now and then when I was a kid. And since we've stopped it's always been my place to think. People rarely come here so it's nice and quiet..." She stopped for a moment, kissing the top of Cadys head gently. "Perfect for a first date with my favorite little redhead."

Cady let out a content hum, cuddling closer into Janis side, taking in the beautiful nature around them. They went silent for a while as the sky got darker and the sun went down deeper. It all was so peaceful, quiet yet perfect until Cady started to get more and more tense.

"What's wrong?" Janis whispered, tightening her arms around Cady.

"I'm okay."

"Stop telling me you're okay... Please. I know you're not." Cady always did this. She never talked about what's bothering her. Not because she didn't want to, but because she didn't want to be a burden to anyone. Especially to Janis. It took her a moment to speak up.

"This is perfect.. I don't wanna ruin it."

"You won't. I promise." Janis whispered as she placed a soft kiss onto Cady's forehead.

Another beat of silence.

"I'm scared Jan." She said, letting out a shaky breath. "Of this. Starting new is fucking scary. And I know I shouldn't be. It's just- just you. You're the person I feel the most comfortable with. I shouldn't be this scared."

Janis tightened her grip a bit more around Cady. "I'd be more concerned if you wouldn't be scared, Peanut. It's been two months, this is new, of course it's not gonna be easy. But hey, look at me."

Cady looked up at her with big, teary eyes making Janis heart ache. "We went through so much together... we'll get through this one too. Because as long as we're together, nothing can stop us. Okay?"

"Okay." Cady whispered, burying her face into Janis' chest.

"Hey Janis?" Cady murmured after a long moment of silence.

"Hm?"

"I love you."

Janis smiled. "I love you."

Cady lifted her head from Janis shoulder looking at her kind of confused. "Aren't you supposed to say 'I love you too?'"

"No." Janis grinned. "Because that would indicate that I love you any less than you love me. Which isn't true."

Cady giggled placing her head onto her chest again. "Janis Sarkisian you can be a real romantic at times."

"No. No. Don't ever spread those rumors. Ever." they both laughed, looking up at the now dark night sky. The last clouds disappeared and hundreds of stars were speckled on the firmament, the little patch of the Milky way now clearly visible, building a sea of beautiful light. Janis was right. It only got better.

---

It was almost dawn by the time they arrived back at Cady's house. After she dozed off, cuddling close to Janis with her head tucked under her chin, they figured it was time to go home. They didn't do much, just enjoying each others presence, talking silently while watching the beautiful stars above and the majestic trees underneath them.

The ride back was quiet, just the lofi beats from Janis playlist were filling the comfortable silence between them. Cady was holding onto Janis hand, fidgeting with her fingers again just like she did the night in Reykjavik... Janis figured that she liked it. But at some point all good things have to come to an end when Janis parked into Cadys driveway.

On their way to Cady's front porch Janis took Cady's hand again, tracing soothing cycles onto her knuckles with her thumb. They came to a stand in front of Cady's door, their hands still holding one another as they smiled at each other.

"Thank you Jan." Cady whispered.

"For what?"

"Being you. Being there for me. For taking me on this date."

"Does that mean I get to take you on a second date then?" Janis grinned taking a step forward, a little closer to Cady.

"If you want to." Cady smiled, looping her arms around Janis neck while hers found their way around Cady's waist.

"Very much so, yes." Janis chuckled placing a kiss onto the redheads forehead. But as she pulled back she found Cady... frowning?

"You missed." Cady whined.

"Huh?"

And before Janis knew it, Cady stood on her tip toes, pressing her lips onto Janis', kissing her softly and slowly. Janis wasn't complaining at all, she responded in kind tangling one hand into her soft auburn hair. But again all good things had to come to an end as they pulled away the tiniest bit to catch their breath.

"Better." Cady whispered and they both laughed, smiling widely at each other before they eventually had to let go.

"Goodnight, Peanut." Janis said pressing one last kiss onto the smaller woman's lips.

"Goodnight, Jan." Cady smiled, glancing back at her one last time as she unlocked her door and Janis went back to her truck.

And as soon as she closed her door, leaning with her back against it, her only thought was,

I'm definitely in love with this woman.

Hello Party people and welcome back to the last story in this plot line woooo! I hope this wasn't too cheesy? Too cliche? idk. But hey I like it, maybe you like it, So we're all happy now. It's currently 1 am and I'm fucking tired so a few things real quick.

1. I've started rewriting 'The Girl Who Lived'. And by that I mean I started at chapter one again. Now don't worry, I'll keep the main plot points I had up until this point but I simply don't like the way I wrote it anymore... there were some things which were more than questionable to me sooo let's start this again. I'm currently halfway through the first (they're gonna be a lot longer than my normal one shots btw.) so yeah keep an eye out for that one.

2. And I just have to kind of get this off my chest. I'm truly sorry that my uploads aren't as scheduled and regular as other writers updates. The thing is it's simply not possible for me to write the amount of stuff I need to make this possible. I have a full time job, a dog to take care of and I try to go to the gym 3 times a week for my mental and physical health. So It's hard for me to find the time to write a whole bunch. But I'm really trying to post as often as I can. And it'll probably be more when I'm on vacation but still please understand that weekly/daily uploads are just not possible for me. And if you complain about it, please do it nicely, and not like the person who dm'd me recently on instagram.

Anyways I hope you liked it, I hope you have an amazing day and until next time, bye.♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.8K 1.5K 42
^* just some Landoscar stories, Some smut, some fluff, some angsty. Not many angst I'll cry myself ^*
1K 39 12
Exactly what the title says. I don't have time for twenty-five, so here we are, doing 12 days. This is set in one-shots, so you may see some of my OC...
1.2K 54 18
A story about lams. I'm shit at descriptions I'm sorry.
13.9K 445 11
You are y/n heron, Cady Herons twin sister, you are very different from your sister, you are a lot more aware of the world outside Kenya before your...