HIS PRIDE ⇀ Manjiro Sano

By IronNomad

"I don't know, It's nice to not be treated like some gang leader. It's nice to be treated like a normal guy."... More

Cast
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
CAST | 2
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
CAST || 3
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40

Part 19

1.6K 85 146
By IronNomad

"Piss off! Piss off! Piss off!" The crowd repeated as the new captain sat with his back to Mikey, the three boys he brought with him standing next to him. Takemichi leached forwards at the group, but he couldn't move. The black-haired boy next to him holding the back of his shirt causing the boy to look at Akira. Much to his surprise, Akira had a look that Takemichi had only seen once before.

The night of August 3rd when he became the demon of Toman. His face was emotionless, his eye slightly twitching in anger with his knuckles white from squeezing his hand closed so hard.

"These two pieces of shit- They leave us when shit gets hard just to join another gang..." Akira growled out, rage being obvious as it laced through his words. Takemichi felt the grip tighten as Akira's body began to shake. His gaze looked up at Mikey who was staring at the boy out of the corner of his eye. He lightly shook his head, his blonde hair swinging on his head.

"Asa-" Akira started, not looking at the boy who stood next to Mitsuya. Akira had made peace with the two leaving the Ravagers, leaving them. He figured they just wanted out of the gang world, but they're with four-eyes over here? Since when? How long did they wait after Ichiro disappeared?

"I know." Asahi spoke, his voice was just as mad as Akira's was. Mitsuya tugged on his sleeve, shaking his head. He understood the boy's rage but he couldn't let him just up and attack them during the ceremony.

"Shut up! If any of you've got a problem with Mikey's decision, step up!" Draken shouted, his eyes looking to his new co-captains. He could feel the hatred coming from them, he'd been told about their old gang by Mikey and that if he saw a two-toned kid with a burn or some beanpole with glasses near Akira to knock them on their ass, but surely he didn't mean here.

"We're eventually going to butt heads with Valhalla. The new Valhalla is so huge that Moebius has nothin' on them!" Mikey shouted, his eyes staring out to the crowd before they shifted to the two newest recruits.

"To defeat them, Toman needs to grow, too! Kisaki Tetta here kept our generation in check through Moebius. We need Kisaki, and his men, if we're gonna fight Valhalla! The 3rd Division Captain is Kisaki Tetta!" Mikey finished, his gaze shifting away from the two who were steaming with anger at this point.

"This concludes the third division captain appointment ceremony!" Mikey shouted, Akira sighing at the words. He wasn't happy with this at all, he didn't give a fuck about this Kisaki guy. But his two old comrades? That infuriated him down to the bone, he'd told Mikey exactly what the two had done and he brings them into the gang?

"Yo, Let's go," Kisaki spoke, the three with him nodding as he turned around and looked at the gang. Akira's attention was elsewhere though, his anger subsiding for just a second as he noticed the hyperventilating boy next to him.

"Yo, Takemimi, you good?" Akira whispered as the boy bent over and kept breathing heavily. He looked up at Kisaki as tears began to form in his eyes. Before Akira could react, the boy rushed forwards, charging the new captain. Akira's body thought on its own, chasing the boy as Asahi followed him. They weren't fast enough though, Takemichi jumped into the air and swung his fist into Kisaki's face, knocking his glasses off as the crowd began to talk.

"What the hell are you doing, Takemitchy?!" Draken shouted as Akira reached the blonde boy, wrapping his arms around him and pulling him back. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Daichi take a step towards them only for Asahi to step between them.

"Don't even think about it, traitor." Asahi spat, folding his arms over his chest.

"Hey! Control your boyfriend, Kiki!" Raiden shouted, stepping in front of Kisaki. Takemichi panted as Akira held him back.

"You're not even in Toman, so what the hell are you doing?! Are you tryin' to ruin this ceremony?!" Draken asked as Akira looked to the boy, curious asto what the hell he was thinking. Sure, Akira and Asahi were pissed, but they weren't going to rush the stage and attack the two.

The captains began to walk up towards the boy, Akira letting him go but not stepping away. Sure, the boy had fucked up, but he wasn't going to let anyone beat him to death. He still owed Takemichi his life.

"Yo, what's going on?! This looks like fun!" Baji's voice echoed out before he rushed forwards and lunged at Takemichi. Before Akira could react, he began beating the boy bloody. Akira grunted as he caught his brother's next punch, holding his arm up and looking at him.

"He saved my life, Keisuke," Akira grunted as Baji scoffed, backing off of the blonde boy. Akira sighed, relief flying over him as Akira helped him up.

"Mikey!" Baji shouted causing Mikey to turn and look at his friend.

"Baji- What're you doing here? You were supposed to just drop someone off. You're not allowed at our meetings because of a certain internal conflict, remember?" Mikey asked causing Akira to furrow his eyebrows. What? He hadn't been told about his brother not being allowed at the meetings.

"I ended up just punching some twerp just now, almost hit Akira too. Am I finally gonna be fired for ruining your precious meeting and almost hurting the boy you're so infatuated with?" Baji asked causing Akira's eyes to nearly pop from his head. So this is what his brother was talking about, he was trying to get fired from Toman? Why?!

"Baji..." Mikey spoke before the black-haired boy cut him off.

"I'm goin to Valhalla. You don't want any troublemakers, Mikey. So I quit. Starting today, former 1st Division Captain Baji Keisuke is an enemy of Toman." Baji spoke, scoffing as he turned his back on the gang. Akira couldn't say anything to stop the boy, he couldn't even reach out to grab his brother to stop him.

"Akira... I'm moving on ahead." Baji mumbled, walking away from the stage. Akira watched his brother leave, confusion blurring his mind as Asahi stood next to him, looking down at his best friend confused.

"Did you know about this?" Asahi asked causing the boy to shake his head, clenching his jaw. He didn't know what was going on inside Toman and he just joined. He took a deep breath before turning around, just in time to see Kisaki swing his fist into Takemichi. Akira's eyes widened as he stomped forwards, Raiden quickly intercepting the boy.

"It's fair game, Takemitchy sucker-punched him first," Raiden spoke causing Akira to stop as he stood in front of the two-toned boy.

"You both left us just to join this asshole? Akio died that night! Ichiro is gone because of you two! So don't tell me what's fair game." Akira growled causing the boy's eyes to widen as he looked down to the ground, his eyes brimming with tears.

"Akio died?" Raiden mumbled out, not looking up at the boy before someone pushed Akira back.

"Don't put that on us, Kiki. Your failures are your own." Daichi spoke, standing in front of Raiden. Asahi seemingly appeared out of nowhere, pushing Daichi back away from Akira.

"Touch him again and I'll knock your fucking teeth out." Asahi threatened, before being pulled back by Mitsuya.

"Akira, Asahi, could I talk to you two please?" Mikey asked causing Akira to nod, walking towards him with Asahi trailing him. He felt his heartbeat increase with anger as he passed his two old friends.

"I'm not who I used to be, you touch me again, I'll gut you," Akira mumbled, shoulder checking the boy as he passed. Daichi went to mumble something before Asahi silenced him with a glare. The two made it to Toman's commander, Mikey staring at the ground as he bit the inside of his cheek.

"I didn't know they were with Kisaki." Mikey simply stated causing Akira to sigh, closing his eyes as he felt relief fly over his body. He had prayed that the boy didn't know, it would've been such a betrayal to him if he let them into the gang after what he'd told him.

"But we need them, to fight Valhalla." Mikey continued, Akira's eyes opening looking at the boy with disappointment evident on his face. Asahi ran his hand over his face as he shook his head.

"You can't be serious, Mikey." Asahi grumbled into his hand. He knew what they did, how could he be cool with that? With having them around Akira.

"What was that? I understand you might not like it, but I'm Toman's commander and we need them. After Valhalla, we can get rid of them." Mikey spoke, his voice almost chastising the boy. Asahi's eyes widening as he cocked his head back. Akira sighed, looking at the blonde boy in front of him, and reached out for him, placing his hand on Mikey's arm.

"I didn't know about Keisuke and I don't know what he's doing, but I'm not going anywhere and neither is Asahi so don't treat us like some of your henchmen because we're not. I know you're stressed but you gotta think about us too. You know what they did." Akira spoke, his voice soft as he spoke to Mikey, not like the commander, but as the boy, he cared about so much.

Mikey sighed, nodding as he mumbled an apology to Asahi who smiled, patting him on the head and telling him it was fine.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

It'd been a few days since Kisaki had been appointed Third Division captain and Takemichi decided it was time to return to the future. The fight with Valhalla was nearing closer and closer so he'd need as much information as possible and there were two people that he hadn't tried to contact yet.

"I can't believe I get to go to America!" Takemichi mumbled, sitting in the rental car as Naoto nodded, driving to where his contact in America said Akira Baji and Asahi Shinzo were located. It was a small town in the midwest, Takemichi being surprised to hear that they lived on a ranch there.

Their car drove into the small town, small restaurants, and shops lining the streets. The town formed a circle around the massive lake that sat in the middle of it. It was rather peaceful, Takemichi thought.

They pulled into a restaurant labeled 'Midnight Japanese' It was a rather nice building, with two windows facing the street.

"My contact said this is where Asahi and Akira spend most of their time, I'll let you go in alone if you say you're good friends with them," Naoto spoke causing Takemichi to nod, quickly getting out of the car and walking towards the door and pushing it open. A small bell rang as it opened, the lights being off.

"Ah, Akira, I told you to make sure the door was locked!" A deep voice yelled from the backroom, a much older looking Asahi Shinzo walking into the front room that was full of tables and classical Japanese décor. He wore a content smile along with a baseball hat and a nice-looking shirt and carrying what looked to be a drink that they served there.

"Yo, sorry- We don't open for another hour." Asahi spoke, finally turning to the face he hadn't seen in town before. Takemichi stared at the boy, for the first time in his returns to the future, one of his friends looked happy.

"Asahi?" Takemichi asked causing the silver-haired boy to furrow his eyebrows, taking a sip of his drink before his eyes widened.

"Takemimi?! No way! What're you doing here?! I haven't seen you in years! Akira!" Asahi yelled out for his friend a smile. He came around the serving counter, putting his cup down and wrapping the now black-haired boy in a hug.

"Hmm?" Another voice asked, seemingly his mouth full. As Asahi pulled away from Takemichi, the time traveler looked up at the incoming boy and could hardly believe his eyes. Asahi looked somewhat similar to his appearance when Takemichi last saw him, his hair was still grey even if he'd gained a bit more muscle. Akira Baji was nearly unrecognizable.

He was much bigger than when Takemichi had last seen him, his hair no longer wild. Now it rested comfortably on his head. A cigarette dangled from his lips as he tilted down to light it. He had a tattoo going up the back of his neck and down towards his left arm. Takemichi noticed a scar going across his lips, the boy's eyes not nearly as much kindness in them as the last time he'd seen him.

"Look who came to see us, all the way from our home town." Asahi chuckled as Akira looked up, smoke rising from his ciggerate which Asahi quickly snatched from his mouth. Akira's eyes widened at the sight of his friend, the corners of his lips twitching into a ghost of a smile.

"Takemichi." Akira mumbled, taking a step forwards and wrapping him in a hug of his own. Takemichi smiled into the hug, glad to see both of his friends were somewhat happy.

"You hungry? I can cook us up something." Asahi asked causing Takemichi to nod, not having eaten since he'd arrived in America.

"Oh uh, before I do... How's- How's Mitsuya doin? He good?" Asahi asked, his eyes filled with worry and conflict as he asked the question. Takemichi smiled, nodding his head as he lied. Asahi's smile widened causing him to nod, mumbling a small 'good, I'm glad'

"So, I don't think you came all this way just to try our food. What's up?" Akira asked, his leg going up and down as he looked at the boy. Takemichi chuckled, scratching the back of his neck.

"Oh uhm- I actually came to talk about Toman and what happened to it," Takemichi spoke causing Akira to close his eyes, nodding at the question.

"Yeah, Yeah I figured," Akira spoke, his eyes turning to the kitchen, seeing Asahi with his earbuds in as he cooked the food before they returned to Takemichi.

"You just came back didn't cha?" Akira asked, leaning forwards on the table, propping his hands upon his arms. Takemichi's eyes widened at the question, stuttering out a response.

"W-what do you mean? I just got here from Tokyo." Takemichi spoke causing Akira to roll his eyes and shake his head at the boy.

"Relax there, Takemimi. God, you're just like you were... I guess it hasn't been twelve years for you has it? Let's see... Ah, it's October meaning you're about to get to The Bloody Halloween." Akira sighed, remembering the day extremely well.

"Wait- you know!? I told you!? When!?" Takemichi asked, his eyes nearly popping from his head causing Akira to dryly chuckle and shake his head.

"Don't worry about it, but I'm afraid I can't tell you much. I don't know anything after that fight." Akira mumbled, taking a sip from Asahi's drink. Takemichi didn't respond, his mind trying to put everything together.

"You're going back right?" Akira mumbled causing Takemichi to nod, furrowing his eyebrows. Akira smiled lightly at him, chuckling again.

"Man, you're so whipped for that girl aren't you? Heh, What do you know so far?" Akira asked, folding his arms over his chest.

"Draken told me that... Mikey beats Kazutora to death after he uh, he kills Baji right in front of him." Takemichi spoke causing Akira to nod, looking down at his hands. Takemichi noticed that Akira's knuckles were also extremely scared over.

"Hmph," Akira mumbled, his body slightly shaking as he made a mental note to thank Draken.

"I knew that beanpole was loyal, even after all these years." Akira chuckled, clicking his tongue as he leaned back into the booth.

"Mikey wasn't the one that killed Kazutora... after my brother- I couldn't control myself. I just couldn't." Akira admitted, Takemichi's eyes widened as his heart dropped.

"Even though I knew it wasn't what Keisuke wanted- you ever hear someone say they see red? That shit is real and It's powerful. I just got on top of him and kept hitting him. I didn't stop until I was hitting the ground... The only reason I didn't get in trouble was Asahi had family here and put me on the next flight over. He stayed in Japan until he graduated then came here for me." Akira explained, his voice dry as he relived the events in his mind.

"Takemichi- I killed Kazutora." Akira finished, staring at his hands as he traced the scars with his thumb. Takemichi didn't respond, how the hell was he supposed to?!

"I know I'm in no position to, but I have a favor to ask," Akira mumbled, reaching across the table and grasping ahold of Takemichi's hand.

"Please, Takemichi- save Keisuke. Stop me from making the greatest mistake of my life." Akira pleaded the boy, tears welling in his emerald green eyes.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

ALRIGHTY, THERES THAT CHAPTER!! I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED! AS A SPECIAL TREAT, NEXT CHAPTER IS GONNA BE PRETTY LONG! ITS GONNA (HOPEFULLY) COVER THE WHOLE BLOODY HALLOWEEN ARC, SO I MIGHT SPLIT IT INTO TWO. BUT YES, KAZUTORA IS COMING! ALSO! SINCE MANY OF YOU REQUESTED A PUPPY REVEAL!!

HER NAME IS RILEY AND I LOVE HER SO MCUH ♥️♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

631K 18.7K 59
i do not own tokyo revengers/the characters, it belongs to ken wakui. might contain manga spoilers, happy reading<3
349K 12K 18
"𝐲'𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐠?! 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐢 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐣𝐨𝐢𝐧 😏" "𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐲𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬? " "𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐥𝐥 𝐟...
75.2K 2.1K 27
Your brother was badly beaten up by Mikey sano for the most Stupid reason ever. Why would the most strongest gang leader pick on your brother who ha...
7.7K 264 41
The Tokyo Revengers Character and The Story Cover Credit Belong To The Right Owner. Kikuchi Kei is a one of Tokyo Manji Gang a.k.a Toman founders...