The Bad Boy of Waterloo Road

By Hipsta_Please_Harry

Lindsay Byrne is the daughter of Michael Byrne, the brand new headteacher at Waterloo Road Comprehensive. As... More

Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Author's Note
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Author's Note
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty-One.
Chapter Twenty-Two.
Author's Note
Chapter Twenty-Three.
Chapter Twenty-Four.
Chapter Twenty-Five.
Chapter Twenty-Six.
Chapter Twenty-Seven.
Chapter Twenty-Eight.
Chapter Twenty-Nine.
Chapter Thirty.
Chapter Thirty-One.
Chapter Thirty-Two.
Author's Note
Chapter Thirty-Three.
Author's Note...
A Little Update...
Chapter Thirty-Four.
Chapter Thirty-Five.
Chapter Thirty-Six.
Chapter Thirty-Seven.
Chapter Thirty-Eight.

Chapter Sixteen.

511 6 0
By Hipsta_Please_Harry

Michael's P.O.V

Standing in the kitchen preparing breakfast, I heard Lindsay's footsteps coming down the stairs. We haven't spoken since last night and I already know the atmosphere this morning is going to be an awkward one. She walked into the kitchen and headed straight for the toaster, not even bothering to acknowledge the fact that I existed.

It was obvious that she was still hung up on last nights conversation, but my decision had been made and I wasn't set on changing my mind either.

"Morning darling," I greeted, hoping it would at least get a customary response in return but she continued to ignore me. "I know that you are still upset at the decision I made, but can we at least talk about it?" I asked, resulting in her letting out a sigh, not being able to ignore me any longer.

"Have you changed your mind about Kyle?" She questioned, fixating a stare onto me, eagerly waiting for my answer.

"No but..." was all I managed to say before she rudely interrupted me.

"Then I couldn't be less interested." She responded impolitely, continuing to butter the slice of toast on the plate in front of her.

Sighing, I shook my head, becoming annoyed at this childish behaviour. When is she going to let this go?

"How much longer are you going to keep this up?" I asked in disappointment because this is just getting silly now.

"Until you finally come to your senses and change your mind!" She yelled, slipping her bag up her arm and onto her shoulder.

She was just about to leave the house to head to school until I shouted after her. "Miss. Radleigh is swinging by our way to pick me up. Do you want a lift?" I asked, trying to make some form of peace with her before school.

"No thanks!" She answered abruptly before disappearing through the door.

I heard the door close, making me slump down on one of the chairs by the dining table, feeling really frustrated towards her. I was really stumped on what Lindsay expected me to do. I'm already Kyle's main target, why would I make things worse by allowing him to be potentially put in prison?

I was snapped out of my trance when I heard the doorbell ring, indicating that Linda had arrived to pick me up. Putting my suit jacket on, I knew that I now needed to pull myself together and get my work brain on. All this business with Lindsay will just have to wait until later.

****

Lindsay's P.O.V

As I walked through the school gates, I made an immediate diversion for my locker because I knew that's where the gang would be. In my eyesight, I could see the three of them stood with their backs to me. I've got a bit of a bone to pick with Finn because he told me that he would text me last night when he got home me, but he never did.

Sneaking up behind him, I placed my hands over his eyes, "So much for you texting me last night." I joked, seeing him turn around, leaving me speechless at the sight of him.

His nose was completely covered in a purply-brown, shiny bruise and was slightly out of place. Well, this explains why he didn't text me yesterday. What exactly happened to him when he got home?!

"Oh my god Finn!" I cried, not wanting to believe that my boyfriend had been beaten up. "What happened?" I asked, my hands reaching up to touch his face but he moved them away, stepping backwards.

"Leave it Lindsay." He told me, disregarding my concern for him.

Moving away from me, he started climbing the staircase up to Mr. Clarkson's classroom, me following hot on his heels. I continued pestering him, needing to know what happened to him once he left me last night.

"Please Finn, tell me what happened." I pleaded and with that, he stopped dead in his tracks, turning to face me again.

"I walked into a door alright." He uttered but judging by the bruise, I knew that he was lying.

"I don't believe that!" I exclaimed in a tone which could have sounded like I was mocking him.

"Believe what you want Lindsay! I don't care anymore!" He spat, turning on his heels and walking into Mr. Clarkson's classroom.

Following in behind him, I took my usual seat next to Lauren, not wanting to piss him off anymore than I have already. It's obvious that Finn is in a bad mood over something and he needs space to calm down so that's exactly what I'm going to give him.

When he's ready to talk...he knows where to find me.

****

Finn's P.O.V

It's been a few hours since I last spoke to Lindsay, or anyone for that matter. I understand that she was only trying to help but I'm still trying to come to terms with what happened without having to explain it to her as well.

It's currently a free period for our year group but I couldn't face going to the common room with the others so instead, I took myself away to an empty classroom to avoid being stared at by nosy, arrogant pupils who will probably just assume I've been in a fight.

Realising that it was time to confess to Lindsay the truth, I pulled my phone out of my trouser pocket and began texting her my location, so she knew where to find me.

Finn: Hey babe. Meet me in Campbell's old art room. Need 2 talk 2 u x

Hitting the send button, I received a reply within seconds.

Lindsay: Sure! B there soon x

Reading that she hadn't turned down the chance of meeting me in private gave me pleasure because what I needed to speak to her about was extremely important and it could result in me asking her to help me out with something.

Lindsay's P.O.V

I'm quickly walking the corridors, making my way to Miss. Campbell's old art room because Finn has asked me to meet him. I can kind of guess what he needs to speak about but I don't want to make assumptions either. I walked rapidly, trying to avoid being caught out by teachers who were on the look-out for truants. Technically, I'm not at fault because I have a free lesson this period.

Finding the classroom, I pushed open the door and stepped inside, seeing Finn sat with his feet placed on top of the table, twiddling his thumbs. When his eyes met me, he stood up from the chair and opened his arms.

"Come here." He called, smiling at me from the other side of the room and I didn't hesitate in approaching him.

I stepped into his open arms as they wrapped themselves around my shoulders in an embrace, mine enveloping around his waist. The hug lasted for around a minute until he pulled away, motioning for me to take a seat, him doing the same.

"First of all, I want to say sorry for shouting at you this morning. It was uncalled for." He told me and I couldn't help but smile.

"Don't worry about it." I softly spoke, taking his hand in mine. "Now, what did you need to speak to me about?" I asked, intrigued to find out the real reason he'd called me here.

I heard him inhale and exhale a deep breath before he continued to speak, going into more detail.

"When I arrived home from yours last night, I ended up getting into an argument with my dad..." He began saying because pausing for a moment, his breath shaky. "The result of that argument...my bruised nose." He confessed as I let out a gasp.

"He hit you?!" I questioned in disbelief, seeing him nod his head in response. "Why?!" I cried, hating the fact that Finn had suffered an injury at the hands of his dad.

"He didn't like the fact that I was dropped off home in a police car and it pretty much just escalated from there. He punched me because I admitted that him and my mother were crap parents and that the reason why I was twisted was because of them." He went on to say but I was still in shock that his own dad had punched him just because he didn't agree with something Finn had said.

"For a start, you are not twisted!" I declared, shutting that point down immediately. "Secondly, that still doesn't give him the right to punch you either!" I commented. "This is all my fault." I admitted, shaking my head in naivety.

With that, I felt Finn place a finger to my chin, tilting my head up so I was now looking at him again. His majestic chocolate orbs were staring into my slightly glossy brown ones and even from that small motion, I felt so much better already.

"Don't you dare think of blaming yourself! None of this is your fault." He reassured me, placing a kiss to my forehead, his lips lingering there for a few seconds. "I was thinking of calling you last night but after the argument, I just wanted to be left alone." He confessed and to be honest, I'd probably have done the same had I been in that situation.

"Have you been to the hospital?" I asked which again, was answered by a shake of the head. "Finn! We need to get you to the hospital. Your nose could be broken!" I exclaimed, going into a state of panic.

"Lindsay, will you stop worrying? I'm fine! It's just a bit swollen that's all." He replied but that still didn't lessen the panic I was currently experiencing. "Can I ask you for a favour though?" He asked in a rather timid voice, as if he was reluctant to expand.

"Of course!" I cried because all I wanted to do was help him.

"Do you think I could stay at yours for a few days?" He suggested. "I can't face being at home at the moment." He admitted and I sighed, realising that there may be a problem with his request.

"About that...there could be a slight issue." I declared, leaving Finn confused at my words. "Me and my dad aren't really on speaking terms at the moment either." I added, thinking that this could be more difficult than I originally thought.

"You two haven't had an argument as well, have you?" He asked and I knew it was now my turn to be honest.

"Yeah we did, because he told me that he wasn't going to be pressing charges against Kyle for the damage done to his car. He said that he doesn't want to see him waste his childhood away doing stupid things and that he wants Kyle to figure out how to help himself without the need for police intervention." I informed him and I could see that he was just as confused about this situation as I was.

"Why did he phone the police then if he didn't want to get them involved in the first place?" He quizzed, questioning my dad's original motives, making me shrug my shoulders as a response. "Look, I've got lunchtime detention with him soon. Do you want me to speak to him?" He asked. "That way, I can also mention about me staying with you for a few days." He added and I knew that I needed to react quickly.

"No!" I blurted out, rather abruptly. "I mean, let me talk to him please. I'm going to have to listen to what he has to say eventually. In terms of you staying with us, I will discuss that with him...on one condition." I suggested, seeing him look at me inquisitively.

"And what condition is that?" He questioned, smiling at me and raising a brow.

"You come with me to the hospital after school to get that checked out." I replied, tapping his nose gently, not wanting to cause him any pain.

He stared at me for a moment, watching the smile on my face grow wider.

"You won't do it unless I say yes, will you?" He quizzed, making me shake my head. "Hospital it is after school then!" He exclaimed and in my state of happiness, I flung my arms around him.

I don't really understand why I am so happy about the thought of going to the hospital after school because it isn't really a fun day out, but I am just so glad that Finn agreed to go with me because he can be rather stubborn when he wants to be.

Breaking away from the embrace, we both stood up. Quickly glancing up at the clock, I saw that it was nearly time for lunch, and for Finn to leave me to head to his detention.

"Look, you better get yourself off to the Cooler. I don't want my dad having a go at you for being late." I joked, hearing him chuckle.

"No, you're right. I better go..." He replied, picking up his jacket and bag. "See you later. I love you." He added, kissing my lips and heading for the door.

"I love you too." I replied, seeing him leave the room.

Once he was out of sight, I pulled my phone from my pocket and searched for my dad's contact. I know that I could go and find him but in this school, that can sometimes be a little tricky so I thought I would text him, just to make easier for us both. Typing out a message, I read it over to see if I was satisfied with it before my fingers hit the send button.

Lindsay: Can I come and speak 2 u this afternoon? I'm free 5th period. It's kinda important x

It took around five minutes to get a response.

Dad: I'm in a meeting until 2pm but you can come and speak to me after that. Love you. Dad x

Satisfied with the reply I was given, I slid the device back into my pocket and grabbed my things, leaving the classroom shortly after Finn. Realising that free period was now over, I headed to the canteen, knowing that would be where I would find the others.

I'm really anxious to see how this conversation is going to go down but if I was to hazard a guess, I have a feeling I won't be getting the outcome that I want.

Think positive Lindsay! Positivity is key!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

602K 9.4K 87
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
188K 18.9K 24
"๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ๐™š๐™ก๐™›, ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก. ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™– ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฉ" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
240K 8.6K 99
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
1.1M 38K 63
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...