The Golden Girl ↠ Finn Shelby

By ShikShin_ss

"This is all the Peaky Blinders' fault. Your fault, Finn. Damn you." Beatrice Gold, the youngest child of Abe... More

Characters
Playlist
PROLOGE ↠ running away
CHAPTER 1 ↠ arriving in small heath
CHAPTER 2 ↠ meeting alfie solomons
CHAPTER 3 ↠ crying in artillery square
CHAPTER 4 ↠ meeting michael gray
CHAPTER 5 ↠ painting finn shelby
CHAPTER 6 ↠ finn shelby's birthday
CHAPTER 7 ↠ playing games & telling misfortunes
CHAPTER 8 ↠ too purehearted
CHAPTER 9 ↠ apologies & horse riding
CHAPTER 10 ↠ bonnie vs. goliath
CHAPTER 11 ↠ to dying together
CHAPTER 12 ↠ proving bonnie wrong
CHAPTER 13 ↠ helping the shelbys
CHAPTER 14 ↠ a joy to be around
CHAPTER 15 ↠ a dinner party
CHAPTER 16 ↠ a gift for finn
CHAPTER 17 ↠ aiming and shooting at hearts
CHAPTER 18 ↠ returning to london
CHAPTER 19 ↠ working together
CHAPTER 20 ↠ going for drinks
CHAPTER 21 ↠ love in artillery square
CHAPTER 22 ↠ painting a beach
CHAPTER 23 ↠ an agreement with tommy
CHAPTER 24 ↠ telling the bad news
CHAPTER 25 ↠ boat trip & a familiar face
CHAPTER 26 ↠ understanding
CHAPTER 27 ↠ freedom
CHAPTER 28 ↠ a dinner
CHAPTER 30 ↠ dancing
CHAPTER 31 ↠ a cigarette and a bee
CHAPTER 32 ↠ a lie to leave early
CHAPTER 33 ↠ staying and going
CHAPTER 34 ↠ letters home
CHAPTER 35 ↠ reconciliation and second-guessing
CHAPTER 36 ↠ final decision
CHAPTER 37 ↠ going home
CHAPTER 38 ↠ bea and bonnie
CHAPTER 39 ↠ the lake
CHAPTER 40 ↠ stolen goods
CHAPTER 41 ↠ underwater
CHAPTER 42 ↠ a permanent job & drunk talks
CHAPTER 43 ↠ payday
CHAPTER 44 ↠ displeased bonnie
chapter 45 ↠ unwelcome knowledge
CHAPTER 46 ↠ trip to london
CHAPTER 47 ↠ a birthday before christmas
CHAPTER 48 ↠ hard work pays off two extra shillings
CHAPTER 49 ↠ years fly by
CHAPTER 50 ↠ purpose
CHAPTER 51 ↠ wall street crash
CHAPTER 52 ↠ a reprimand
CHAPTER 53 ↠ darkness
CHAPTER 54 ↠ emptiness
CHAPTER 55 ↠ numbness first
CHAPTER 56 ↠ anger after
CHAPTER 57 ↠ feeling helpless
CHAPTER 58 ↠ fracture
CHAPTER 59 ↠ the painting
CHAPTER 60 ↠ a new start
CHAPTER 61 ↠ playing piano for him
CHAPTER 62 ↠ words meant to be said
CHAPTER 63 ↠ enjoying the party
CHAPTER 64 ↠ the girl finn was trying to impress
CHAPTER 65 ↠ exchanged letters
CHAPTER 66 ↠ a place of power
CHAPTER 67 ↠ confession to a priest and someone else
CHAPTER 68 ↠ offer to help
CHAPTER 69 ↠ a haunted spy
CHAPTER 70 ↠ family meeting
CHAPTER 71 ↠ snow vs. bee
CHAPTER 72 ↠ broken agreement
CHAPTER 73 ↠ jesus goes to church
CHAPTER 74 ↠ midnight meet up
CHAPTER 75 ↠ traitor
CHAPTER 76 ↠ the beginning
CHAPTER 77 ↠ a long stay
CHAPTER 78 ↠ struggle to leave
chapter 79 ↠ a letter from new york
chapter 80 ↠ a short getaway

CHAPTER 29 ↠ days of fun & foundation

2.2K 71 5
By ShikShin_ss

As promised, Michael took Bea to a piano concert within a week. And he took her to a picture house, the first she ever went to. It amazed her and she was grateful that Michael was going to different places around with her, even if he was still recovering and walking around with a cane.

Then, before even a week from her first piano concert in New York, Michael took her to a Jazz concert.

It was as they were leaving that second concert that Bea saw Jack Bradley once more.

"Miss Gold," Jack greeted with a smile as he went to her after seeing her.

"Jack Bradley!" she exclaims as her eyebrows raise in surprised.

"I did say I was staying in New York," he states. There was no reason to be that surprised.

"Yes, I know. I just... there are so many people around here that..." Bea raised her hands as she had no words to complete her sentence. She then turns to Michael. "Oh, this is Michael. Michael, this is Jack Bradley."

"Nice to meet you," Michael says raising his free hand. "Michael Gray."

"Jack Bradley," he responded as he shook Michael's hand.

Bea could see that Jack's eyes wondered to the cane that Michael was trying to keep close to his body, as if dismissing its use.

"I had an accident. A few more days and I won't need it anymore," Michael affirms, as if trying to show him that he didn't permanently need a cane.

"Yes, of course. My apologizes, I didn't mean to... pry."

"Did you enjoy the concert?" Bea asks Jack, changing the subject.

"I did, yes. You?"

"Of course. I loved it."

"So, when do you have time to paint my portrait?" he dares asking.

"Oh, I'm not sure yet. This past week, Michael and I have been working a lot and I have yet to go and get my painting supplies."

"Let me know when you have time, then."

"I will, of course."

"We should get going," Michael says before Jack speaks again. "We have work to do early in the morning."

"Yes, we should," Bea agrees with Michael. "I know where you're staying so I'll reach out to you," she says as she turns to Jack again.

"All right, then. Pleasure to meet you, Mr. Gray. Always lovely to see you Miss Gold."

Michael shakes Jack's hand again and then he and Bea leave.

"He seems... polite," Michael says as if it hurt him to say so.

"He is. I haven't found a fault in him yet. Other than he'd marry me without even knowing me."

"Isn't he... classy?"

Bea thinks for a while. "He didn't impress me when we first met..."

"But I did?"

"For sure. And you two have different... characters."

"You could see my character the first time you saw me?"

"Yes, I could. Classy, compared to everyone else around, just had been shot, angry eyes, well put-together... Just... classy."

"Angry eyes?"

"Well... in that moment, yes. But also, I feel like when you're angry it reflects mostly in your eyes than anything else. For example, with Tommy, he doesn't let anyone know he's angry. You, just now as well, I could see you were angry through your eyes."

"I wasn't angry," Michael says furrowing his brows in confusion.

"Yes, you were," Bea replies with amusement.

"How was I angry just now?"

"When Jack Bradley looked at your cane. And when he asked me about painting his portrait."

Michael scoffs but doesn't deny.

"See? I can see it in your eyes," she affirms with a winning smile. "You can't hide it from me. But don't worry. I will always help you with work. Only on my free time will I paint Jack Bradley."

"You have to paint me as well," Michael reminds.

"I will. And more than just once, if the work is boring."

"You know, work can't always be exciting," Michael points out.

"Yes, but you have to admit there are more interesting things than just looking at boring numbers. Besides, when that's all we have to do I only review what you already went through. It is pretty boring."

"Well, you're not getting paid by the company to work, so I don't even know why you bother."

"I'm guessing my payment is my stay and expenses whilst in New York. And I want to learn! One day I'll work for the company properly."

"Then you have to go through the boring stuff," Michael says encouraging.

"I know... which is why I haven't fully given up when I see all the papers."

"You know what to do, already. You're really good, and you also learn quickly, so don't worry too much."

"The more I do here, the better I'll get along back in Birmingham."

Bea tried, but when the work got boring she'd sit by the piano and play. Michael would keep her involved, asking things aloud and for second opinions on some details, which Bea would answer without losing her focus on the piano.

Then, one afternoon after Michael was done with work they went outside.

"You're not taking your cane?" Bea asks positively surprised.

"I think I can manage without it. Besides, if I keep using it, soon enough I won't know how to walk properly."

Bea shrugs. "If you think so."

"Come on, let's go then," Michael says with a smile as he leads her out of the hotel suite.

"Where exactly are we going?"

"To buy you painting supplies."

"Oh, great. I told you about that shop I saw the other day, didn't I?"

"We'll go and check what they have there."

Michael didn't know what Bea needed, so when they got to the shop he just wondered around seeing everything in there and let Bea take her time choosing what she needed.

"Do we have a budget?" she asks after finding him near the canvas section.

"Absolutely not. Just pick whatever you want."

Bea then looks at the canvas. "How big do you want your portrait?"

"How big can you make it?" Michael jokes.

"However big you want it," she answers seriously keeping her eyes on the shapes and sizes on display. "But keeping in mind that we are in a hotel suite and we need to get the canvas there and we don't have a ladder... I'd keep it smaller than what you'd probably like."

Michael smiles. "I don't need anything too big, Beatrice."

"I think maybe if I do this one," she says pointing at one, "and instead of doing a full body portrait like I did Finn, I can just make it waist up."

"I think that would be more than enough," Michael agrees.

"And later on I can make a different one of you as well."

"We'll see... Want to take more canvas for other paintings?"

"Yes. Smaller, though."

"Take as many as you want. And we can just buy more later as well."

"I'll just take a couple, since I'll paint your portrait first and that'll take a while. Especially since I will help you with work."

"Just not the boring one."

"I help you with the boring one," Bea defends. "... sometimes."

"It's all right. Don't worry about it."

Bea looks for more supplies, like pencils, brushes and paints.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.4K 1.8K 33
❝ 𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝑮𝒐𝒅, 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑷𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒚 𝑩𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒔. ❞ When Caroline Shelby returns to Small Heath which had been...
21K 129 34
Just imagines about the iconic Shelby family from Small Heath, Birmingham, England!! You can watch Peaky Blinders on BBC UK and Netflix
56.3K 1.4K 24
"Who are we up against this time?" Lola Gray, the daughter of the gangster Polly Gray, Wife of Isiah Jesus, Sister to Michael Gray and now mother to...
479K 9.5K 42
"She is kind, heart made of honey. He is reserved, the opposite of sunny. No one would ever think they would be together. But they are the moon and...