Bitter sweet- TDI

By Midnight_Cure

-In the end, I want to win more than ever, and there's nothing on this island to stop me. While stuck on an i... More

Not so happy campers 1 (1/2) ✅
Not so happy campers 1 (2/2) ✅
Not so happy campers 2 (1/2)✅
Not so happy campers 2 (2/2)✅
Big sleep (1/2)✅
Big sleep (2/2)✅
Dodgebrawl (1/2)✅
Dodgebrawl (2/2)✅
Not quite famous (1/2)✅
Not quite famous (2/2)✅
The Sucky Outdoors (1/2)✅
The Sucky Outdoors (2/2)✅
Phobia Factor (1/2)✅
Phobia Factor (2/2)✅
Up the creek (1/1)✅
Up the creek (2/2)✅
Paintball Deer Hunter (1/2)✅
Paintball Deer Hunter (2/2)✅
If you can't take the heat (1/2)✅
If you can't take the heat (2/2)✅
Who can you trust (1/2)✅
Who can you trust (2/2)✅
Basic Straining (1/3)✅
Basic Straining (2/3)✅
Basic Straining (3/3)✅
What happened afterward?✅
No pain, no game (1/2)✅
No pain, no game (2/2)✅
Search and Do Not Destroy (1/3)✅
Search and Do Not Destroy (2/3)✅
Search and Do Not Destroy (3/3)✅
Hide and Be Sneaky (1/2)✅
Hide and Be Sneaky (2/2)✅
That's off the chain (1/2)✅
That's off the chain (2/2)✅
Hook, Line, and Screamer (2/2)✅
Wawanakwa Gone Wild (1/2)✅
Wawanakwa Gone Wild (2/2)✅
Trial by Tri-Armed Triathlon (1/2)✅
Trial by Tri-Armed Triathlon (2/3)✅
Trial by Tri-Armed Triathlon (3/3)✅
Haute Camp-ture✅
Camp Castaways (1/3)✅
Camp Castaways (2/3)✅
Camp Castaways (3/3)✅
I Triple Dog Dare You (1/2)✅
I Triple Dog Dare You (2/2)✅
The Very Last Episode Really (1/2)✅
The Very Last Episode Really (2/2)✅

Hook, Line, and Screamer (1/2)✅

293 11 2
By Midnight_Cure

Previously on Total Drama Island

Lindsay was eliminated.

Boy's alliance stayed in one piece, at least they think, so? Seeing yet another fight between Geoff and Alexandra, I don't foretell their bright future.

-There you are.- Bridgette welcomes me when I enter the canteen. Geoff comes in behind me. Our argument is still vivid, but I can't handle it with him any longer.

-We need to talk.- I state.

-This is still between us, Alexandra.- Geoff cuts in.- Bridgette doesn't need to be involved.

-I think Bridgette was involved for a while, babe. I think we need you to be here.- I turn to Bri.

-Alex, you've been the one to give me advice about anything, so when Geoff told me that... I followed my feeling without thinking.- Bridgette says.

-This doesn't mean she's responsible for your decision.- Geoff defends me here.

-Ok, I'll listen to what you have to say. That's why I came here, to begin with. And both of you, whether you like it or not, Geoff. We're all in this.- I take control of the situation.

-Maybe you should go ahead, Alexandra.- She smiles faintly.

-Alright, I didn't come here to find a boyfriend, but along the way, I met someone that caught my attention. It's not easy for me to get serious about such a thing, but I decided to do that. You know me, yet it seems like you don't want me to be happy. Bridgette, there are plenty of guys here. Why do you try to get between us?

-I shouldn't have to pretend or hide how I feel. I won't watch the guy I like walk off with someone else. Besides, I think I and Geoff would make a better couple anyway. Sorry, Alexandra, but I'll fight for myself.- Bridgette shrugs.

-You know I was actually prepared to leave it behind and be your friend again, but now I don't see it happen.

-You don't see it, do you? Your relationship is falling apart on its own.- Bridgette states. - I don't have to do a thing.

-We would have been fine. We still can work this out. Can't you see you're tearing us apart?- I don't give up.

-Keep telling yourself that.

-Geoff, say something.- I demand.

-I...

-Now, you're quiet, huh. You let me down, you should know that.- I turn around and leave the canteen.

Confessional

Alexandra: You think. Okay, I get it. I'm prepared for the worst, but you hold out that small hope anyway. That's what hurt you afterward.

I went to my hidden spot to relax. I decided to draw something, and an idea popped into my head immediately. I'm going to draw Duncan, the way he drew me, but with cones and a tail, like a devil. I'll hand it to him next morning.

Time skip

-Can you imagine, Chef?- I woke up early and went to the kitchen to help with breakfast.

We're doing toasts. In the meantime, I'm sipping tea and telling Chef about everything. Suddenly, the doors to the room open, and Duncan steps inside.

-Get out of my kitchen, boy, if you treasure your life!- Chef picks up a hatchet.

-No, wait!- I stand on my toes to whisper to Chef. He calms down, and I turn to Duncan.

-Do you mind having an eye on the toasts for me?- I ask.

-Why?

-Because I asked.- I shrug.

-Fine.- He cautiously takes my place and I quickly run to the cabin to grab the drawing I have for him. When I come back, the first thing I notice is the terrible smell.

-Is something burning?- I ask.

-Just my desire for you.- Duncan winks.

-Duncan, the toaster is on a fire.- I cross my arms.

-Fuck!- He quickly stifles the fire.- In my defense, I was left unsupervised.

-What about Chef?!

-He left for something in the storage!- Duncan defends.

-You know, I don't even want to hear the story about it. Here I got you something.- I hand him a piece of paper.

-Hey, not bad.- He smirks and ruffles my hair.

Confessional

Duncan: It's impressive, k. I just don't want to show too many emotions to her. I have a reputation to take care of. But if that girl really likes me, how bad can I be?

-Anything I should know about yesterday?- He asks.

-Not much, it's our private matter.

-Not fair, I want to know.- He nudges me.

-I said no, too many people already tried to get into that mess, making it worse.

-You think I'll make things worse.

I give him a telling look.

-Alright, alright I may have messed up a thing or two.

I cross my arms.

-Ok, I mess up almost everything you're happy, now.

-I just wanted you to see sometimes it's better to stay out of trouble.

-Said you.- He raises a brow.

-What can I say, troubles like me.- I smirk and look at him seriously out of a sudden.

-What?

-When was the last time you cared about someone else than yourself?

-Yesterday.

-I don't trust you, Duncan. I had to say it out loud.

-You have no reason to trust me that's true. I didn't give you one, quite the contrary, but did Geoff give you one? He's just like me in a sense.

-That's not true.

-Show me how's that not true and I'll take it all back.

-I don't know anything anymore.

-See. You just answered yourself.

Time skip

-With a big chainsaw, that's so cool!- Gwen says.

We're watching a horror movie outside. It's already dark and the atmosphere is perfect. I'm sitting between Duncan and Gwen. Next to Duncan are DJ, Trent, and Bridgette. On the right of Gwen are Geoff and Heather. I haven't talked to Geoff or Bridgette the whole day. After breakfast, I got away with Gwen to redye our hair and have some quality time.

-Oh, no psycho killer man's going for a car!- Trent screams.

-Yo, bull couple, stop making out and get out of here.- Bridgette stands up.

-He'll make from them sushi!- Gwen cheers.

-Now the car won't work!- Trent exclaims, being terrified like Bridgette.

-Oh man, I hate scary movies.- DJ closes his eyes, not watching.

-The psycho will get ya!- Geoff screams.

DJ stands up and hides behind me.

-Here comes the bloodbath!- Gwen smiles. When the killing moment comes Gwen and Duncan cheer, while most of the people are screaming. I watch, grabbing Duncan's forearm and smiling.

-The killer is getting back to the woods.- Trent breaths.

-I love scary movies.- I state, still holding onto Duncan.

-So do I.- Duncan smirks, looking in Geoff's direction, who glares back.

-The thumping of your heart in your chest.- Gwen turns to me.

-The adrenaline in your veins.- I add and high-five her.

-I'm glad that's over.- DJ stands up from behind my seat.- I hate scary movies.

-Oh yeah, what scares you most? The part where everyone meets a bloody death or the psycho killer with the hook!- Duncan shows DJ his hand with a fake hook, making my big friend scream. I pinch punk in the cheek for that.

-Oh, come on DJ, for a slasher flick, it was pretty tame.- Gwen says.

-Yeah, there was hardly any hacking. Not like bloodbath two summer camp reign of terror.- Duncan adds.

-No way that's my favorite movie.- Gwen pipes up.- I love when the killer jams that guy's hand into a lawnmower.

-Or when he pushes the chick off the dock and then she lands on a propeller blade that slices her in a half.- Duncan carries on.

-Or when he shoves this guy into a wood chipper!- They say in unison, scaring DJ, who jumps into my arms, sending us both to the ground.

-Looks like Gwen and Duncan have more in common than bad fashion sense. It's just mindless guts and gore.- Heather criticizes.

-Horror movies aren't mindless.- Gwen protests.

-Yeah, they're loaded with psychological trauma. Look at DJ.- Duncan adds.

-I'd like, but he's so close I can't see a thing.- I mumble.

-Ops, sorry.- DJ gets up, and I can finally breathe. He picks me up and dusts me off.

-Come on, princess, give me something scary.- Duncan demands.

-Isn't my face without makeup enough?

-Wait till you see mime.- Gwen chuckles.

-Girls.- Duncan shakes his head.

-For real tho, I have a story from the town I live in. It happened when I was just a kid.

Summer that year was incredibly hot. My dad and mom left for Europe to take care of my grandam. I was staying at Porter's house since I didn't want to go. It was right after the end of the school year when the first kid disappeared. I knew that girl, when the search didn't bring any information it was suspended. People start to forget, but then another kid disappeared one by one, each week. One day, when we were by the local river we found a shoe. Porter's brother recognized it. It was Patrick's left shoe, the guy who went missing two weeks ago. We run to the police station and the big hunt begins. Soon, they managed to catch the culprit. In news, they said he was killing kids in the sewers and cutting their bodies to burn the part in the factory he works at. Some people said police found unburned fragments of his last victim in the kiln.

-For real?- Gwen inquires.

-No, I was pulling your leg.- I chuckle- But there was a guy in 70' who actually killed a woman that way. The workers found her leg and he got caught. I'm not crazy enough to come up with something like this out of nowhere.

-Wicked.- Duncan smirks.

-Real talk. Did you know that in the US around 320 thousand people disappeared last year? Do you ever think that one day you can be one of them? What happens, are they killed, abducted, or maybe they met a fate worse than death can ever be? There were incidents of finding human legs and shoes on shores around our country. After some time, police decided those were the legs of those who committed suicide by jumping into the ocean. They were some of the missing people and bearing that in mind, I can imagine many worse things that could happen to those who disappear. Sometimes you don't need movies to experience the true meaning of horror.

-Heavy.- Trent shivers.

-I always think about heavy stuff.- I add.

-You're just insane.- Heather gives me a disgusted look.

-Insanity, you cannot grasp it. Until you've stared it in the eye or in your own reflection.- I say.

-Whatever, does anyone have any idea what our challenge will be this week?- Heather changes the subject.

-Yeah, where's the Chris Meister?- Geoff asks, eating popcorn. He stands up from his place and offers me some, sitting down. He rests his back on my stamp and looks up at me with a sweet smile, and I bend under it.

-Who wants to check it with me?- Duncan asks.

-I'll go.- Gwen offers.

-Geoff?- I question.

-Sure, let's go.- He stands up and takes my hand.

The four of us head to the dock, where we find Chef. He packs luggage on the boat. When we get closer, I notice his scared expression.

-Hey, Chef where's the fire?- Duncan asks, making Chef jump on the boat.

Chris is behind the rudder, and when Chef is on the boat, he starts the engine. They leave ASAP, leaving one backpack behind.

-Dude, you forgot this.- Geoff picks up the backpack.

-Alexandra?- Gwen looks at me.

-Just because I talk to him doesn't mean I know everything. Don't give me that look.- I say.

-What's the fuss?- Others join us led by Trent.

-Look.- I pick the newspaper that is oddly sticking out of the backpack.- An escaped psycho killer on the loose. Be on the lookout for a man wearing a hockey mask with a hook and carrying a chainsaw.- I read the headline.

-He's on the loose.- Bridgette panics.

-Oh, come on. They don't expect us to fall for it. The scary movie followed by a hasty exit followed by a strategically placed blame prop.- Heather stops the further panic.

-I agree with you.- I nod.- First of all, we're on an island, so basically, he would have to own a boat. Swimming here is too demanding for anyone this lake is not as clean as it looks. Of course, if the killer existed, which I know is false. Besides, this newspaper is fake as far as I'm concerned, no one uses this kind of paper nowadays to print news. - I explain.

-Sounds reasonable. I trust your judgment.- Trent pats my back.

-I'm with you whatever you decide, babe.- Geoff adds.

-I don't know. You looked pretty spooked.- DJ says.

-Oh, please it's all part of their little stunt to freak us out.- Heather backs me up.

-If this was a stunt would Chris leave behind this?- Bridgette takes out of the backpack a hair gel.

-Whoa, this is for real.- Gwen comments.

-So, I'm gonna get this straight, Chris left us for dead, and now we're alone. When that psycho killer with the chainsaw is on the loose.- DJ cries.

-No, we're alone while that escaped psycho killer with a chainsaw and a hook is on the loose.- Duncan scares us with a hook trick again. DJ falls to the ground.

-I told you, dude, not funny!- DJ points at Duncan.

-Come on, hun, get a grip. I'm here, and nothing bad will happen.- I help DJ stand up.

-I feel like I'm being watched.- He cries.

-Duh, it's a reality show we're always being watched.- Heather states.

-Okay, look it doesn't matter whether this is real or a challenge. We need a game plan.- Gwen takes the lead.

-Yeah, yeah, we need a game plan.- DJ nods.

-You little fry twigs might need a game plan, but I need a facial.- Heather heads in the direction of the bathroom.

-Are you crazy? The first rule of slasher films is never to go off alone.- Gwen tries to stop her.

-I might actually listen to you if I were in a movie, we're being pranked.- Heather doesn't listen to advice.- You're so gullible. Hey, Chris if you're listening to me next time, write one that takes place at a summer camp.

-Hey, no need to react like this. We're only trying to help, Heather. I'm not even surprised you don't want it.- I cut in.

-If you want my opinion...

-I will only respect your opinion if your opinion doesn't disrespect someone else existence.- I stop her.

-If you losers want to hang around and play boogeyman go ahead, but I have got a date with exfoliation.- Heather leaves us.

-And the bossy, mean girl seals her fate.- Gwen rolls her eyes.

-I say we go back to camp and talk strategy.- I suggest.- Who's in?

-Me.- Geoff says.

-Count me in.- Gwen nods.

-I'll stick with you no matter what.- Trent winks.

-Is it even a question? Lead the way, cupcake.- Duncan smirks.

Preview

Who will survive this real-life horror?

Is the conflict between Geoff and Alexandra over?

Who'll cause more drama?

Find out next time on Total Drama Island!

Note

Hi friends! Thanks for sticking around with me. I'm glad there are people out there who are willing to read this story. This episode is my favorite in the original first season, so it feels amazing to write about it. I hope you'll like it. Like always leave me some feedback, I'm always looking forward to it. 

Love you

Midnight Cure

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

606 41 12
In a last ditch attempt to keep Total Drama alive after Chris's imprisonment, Topher and Sierra recruit new teenagers to partake in a new season on a...
968 15 18
This is the second season of my total drama series the 14 people who were the closest to wining have another shot at 1 Milllion Dollars
1.1K 38 9
♡ an alejandro x female reader fanfic ♡ in which you join the new season of total drama in hopes of winning the cash price which could finally allow...
12.5K 125 13
this season all the best contestants from the previous four seasons will compete for one million dollars! who will win? find out on total drama all s...