Acrimony: Until Death

By Twisted_Truths

Growing up with an image of how love truly is, Melinda never expected to be taken for a whirlwind of the exac... More

Summary & Cast
Man Down
Dancing On My Own
In Love With Another Man
If Loving You is Wrong
Holding You Down
The Girl Is Mine
My Little Secret
Magnets
It Wasn't Me
I Know You Got A Man
He Don't Know Nothing About It
One Hundred Miles
Way Gone
PlanezzzzπŸ›«
Broken Rollie
They Don't Know
Say So
I Don't Need Your Love
To The Moon
Somebody Else
Decide
You Comfort Me
Live Out Your Love
How Much Can A Heart Take
Never Knew
Sanctuary
He Loves Me
Take Care Of You
Never Thought
Relax
Fortunate
I Do
Rope Burn
Keep Your Head Up
Ghost (of Jealousy)
Threatened
Mama's Hand

When I'm In Your Arms

793 39 76
By Twisted_Truths

^^^This song is 😍. Zeno put you on.

Derrick rubbed his face, pure irritation sketched across it. His silence spoke volumes but Melinda didn't truly give a damn at the moment. It had been a few days since the shopping incident. Everything was good until she got a courtesy call from the department letting her know Robert was going to be released. That flipped the switch on for Mel, then to add on Derrick agreeing with the officer advising her for a restraining order. She just didn't see how a piece of paper was gonna save her. Nor was she trying to hear it. So why not deflect by showing her ass. "Why were you so against the order?" Look where the fuck I am lady. You think a piece of paper stopped him? That's all it is. A piece of printed paper with fancy signatures. "With protections in place for violation." Yeah, explain that to Philly PD. I didn't wanna hear that shit. I was just coming off my period too. Going from irregular to regular is a mood shifter.

"Can I go now?!" Melinda spat, full glare into his eyes. Utterly disrespectful in Derrick's view. Rules definitely needed to be verbally gone over. Some were self explanatory like giving respect.

"If you're not going to say anything. Then that means I can go." She declared getting up.

He still didn't say a word. Just watching her with those dark eyes. She made the mistake of looking at him when she grabbed the door handle to exit his office. Still no words leaving his mouth but she was feeling every bit of apprehensive. His last warning clear cut. She stood there debating whether or not to leave. Her chest rising and falling with deep rooted anger. She needed to calm down that was clear.

As she stood by the door he looked down at his phone. Typing up something to someone. She closed her eyes taking deep breaths. When she was calmer she opened her eyes to find him staring at her. She bit her lip dropping her head not sure what to do. The only thing on her mind was apologize. She slowly pulled her heels off. Her heart racing in her chest. She didn't know if this was appropriate for work or not. Not looking up she got down on her knees. Getting into her apology position. She didn't know if what she was doing was right. She did know never to take kneeling in the playroom for granted. The flooring here was hard and harsh.

The silence was like a weight on her back. Each minute that ticked by adding on to that. She didn't know how long she had been presented but it was long enough for her to start whimpering. She was relieved when she heard his chair roll back. His shoes clicking on the floor as he rounded his desk and headed to her. He stared at her form. He was proud of her but right now she needed correction. 45 minutes on this hard floor was only part 1 of 3 for her monumental brat attack.

"Kneel." He commanded, she nearly sighed in relief sitting up.

"Hands behind your back." He ordered, she flinched at his tone doing as he said. Confused until she heard the sound of his zipper. A threat from a while back coming to mind 'keep mouthing off get a mouth full'. She felt his fingers slid into her hair. His grip not tight but very controlling. Tilting her head back he stared down at her. Pleased by the way she still didn't look at him.

"Eyes." He demanded, those grey orbs popping up to him before dropping to his angry soilder. Then back to his clearly still pissed off gaze.

"Open." He spat, smacking his thickness against her cheek.

She could never get over how fat he was. Opening her mouth he smacked her cheek again before pulling back, aligning his member with her mouth. Pushing in he went for her throat instantly. She gagged as he shoved his length down her throat. Nothing gentle or nice about what she was about to endure. The pent up aggression clear on his face as he started fucking her throat. Her whimpers muffled, watery eyes looking up at him. He showed no mercy, he needed her to think twice next time she wanted to pull this shit. Finally getting the timing for her breathing down she forced her throat to relax.

"Dont swallow yet." He growled down, pulling back he groaned as his seed spilled from him. A thick load just for her, rubbing his dick against her lips coating them with the excess drops.

"Show me." He ordered, Melinda opened her mouth wide for him.

"Play with it." He tossed, her eyes widened up at him.

"Dont look at me like that. You wanna have a dirty mouth, so be dirty." He demanded, her shoulders sagged as she rolled her tongue around. Feeling humiliated but just under the surface she couldn't deny her coochie was jumping.

"Swallow." He finally ordered, she did so licking his seed off her lips. Walking to his desk he cleaned his member tucking himself back.

"In response to your earlier question. You may leave, go to lunch." He tossed, she frowned slowly rising. Nodding she pulled her heels on. Her throat already sore. He leaned against his desk watching her. She tested the waters approaching him.

"You are to go straight to the playroom after yoga tonight." He stated, she pouted but nodded. Puckering her lips he simply looked at her.

"Kiss?"

"No. Go eat." He tossed, she cut her eyes at him wanting to cut up but his raised eyebrow said enough. Huffing she stomped off. Since when did bad behavior warrant no kisses? That wasn't fair at all. Grabbing her phone she sent Jo a message to meet for lunch.

Derrick rubbed a hand over his face. He just loved the brats. Mel was going to be his lovely demise. He chuckled at the thought rounding the desk. Taking a seat he continued his work. Rhythmic knocking on his open door grabbing his attention. The form of his best friend filling the entrance. Dean shut the door as he walked deeper into the room.

"Thank you for waiting. I had something to deal with." Derrick spoke up, Dean nodded plopping down in a chair.

"Was that something the missing subbie?" Dean teased, Derrick flashed him a grin that said it all.

"She's on one today. Anyways you coming for dinner or what?"

"Is that a way to talk to your bestfriend?" Dean sarcastically dragged.

"If that bestfriend eats his body weight then yes. I need to prepare for that." Derrick chuckled, Dean flexed looking at his muscles.

"It takes calories to get this good body. You'd know that if you buffed up some more. Do a 90 day with me bro."

"That can go to hell. I'm good where I am. Last times vomiting was enough for me." Derrick spoke.

"Nigga that's how you know you worked hard!"

"Face it my sadistic friend. You are psychotic." He tossed, Dean's smile not at all denying him.

An hour later.....

Melinda sipped from her drink walking to her desk. A mug on her face still feeling some type of way. Taking a seat she logged into her computer. A message from Derrick on her screen telling her to come see him. She huffed setting her drink down. Walking the short hall finding his door shut, pursing her lips she busted in.

"What!?" She snapped, not expecting there to be two people in his office. Derrick sighed rubbing his temple. Wondering if he was going to make it through the day without taking his belt off.

"Well hello there." Dean's voice was deep, his dark brown eyes looking at her with amusement. Melinda eyed the new face something off about him.

"Dean this is Melinda. Mellie this is Dean." He introduced, Mel nodded slowly still staring at the new man. Putting face to stories. How young Derrick found himself in the company of a mountain of a man she was surely questioning.

"Mellie apologize for your rude entrance." Derrick ordered, she finally looked at him pulling a pout.

"Now."

"I'm sorry for my rude entrance." She muttered, Derrick nodded pleased turning back to his friend. Dean looked from Mel to Derrick. A sly smirk she didn't understand but Derrick did.

"Be nice Dean."

"I'm always nice." Dean smiled, turning his attention back to Mel. He stuck his hand out for her to shake eyeing her with a goofy grin. Mel stepped forward her manners kicking in. Before she reached him she froze, the hairs on her arms raising. She pulled her hand back with a quickness. She could see the danger printed with a red neon sign blaring over his head.

Dean is a scary bastard when he wants to be. He reminded me of Jo but different and tailored to Derrick. His goofy, joking energy was a part of him.....but don't ever be fooled. "Why do you say that?" Because when I think of Dean I think of a jaguar hidden....always stalking...always ready to pounce. The nigga was a different breed!

"Come on sweetheart. Don't be rude." He teased, still holding his hand out. Mel slowly walked around him keeping her distance. Instead of sitting in the vacant chair next to him she rounded the desk. Derrick scooted back letting her sit in his lap.

"She's very perceptive." Dean commented with a chuckle. Melinda narrowed her eyes at the man. His own narrowing back at her. She looked away tucking herself closer to Derrick.

"Stop it." Derrick scolded, Dean rolled his eyes softening his gaze.

"Fine, I was just playing." Dean huffed, lounging back in his chair. A subtle change making him look less predatory. Melinda took the chance to look him over. The man was big as hell for no damn reason. He screamed personal trainer and frat boy just like Derrick said.

"You're lucky you're my friend. If I didn't know any better I'd think you were after my sub." Derrick tossed, Dean held his hands up in surrender.

"Never that brotha man."

"Did you need something?" Melinda asked.

"I wanted you to meet him. You still curious?" Derrick questioned.

"Curious about?" Dean jumped in, the conversation sounding like an offer.

"Not that Dean. She wants to go to a club. I only trust yours." Derrick explained, Dean sucked his teeth pouting. He loved breaking in a new sub.

"I thought you meant she wanted to meet Master Dean. You're no fun D."

"You my friend are out your rabbit ass mind. Meet Master Dean my ass." Derrick laughed.

"Master?"

"Yes Master, little pet." Dean echoed, Mel scrunched her face at his desired tittle.

"She makes cute faces. I see why you've been so busy." Dean commented, just to tease Mel.

"She has a name." Mel huffed.

"Definitely a brat." Dean added.

"Who Mellie? Never." Derrick joined in, watching her pout come out to play.

"So club huh?"

"Yeah, but not for a while. Not until we're more established. Especially with rules." Derrick answered, Dean hummed giving a chuckle.

"New subs are always fun to train." Dean sighed, Derrick nodding in agreement.

Melinda listened to the two go back and forth for a while. Wondering if that was how she sounded with Jo. She could see that brotherly love for the two of them. Looking at Dean you would never think he had been through half of the things Derrick told her about. She was hoping she found that inner peace in life. Dismissing herself after a while to finish her days work, she checked the next few days schedule. Marking a free hour tomorrow morning for her to go to the police station. To find her peace she needed to actively want it.

"Dinner what time?" Dean asked, as he exited the office Derrick right behind him.

"8ish, I have something to handle."

"Ooooo...that sounds fun for you." Dean tossed at Melinda, she fought down the urge to flip him off.

"Just peachy." She sarcastically tossed back.

"See yall in a few." He chuckled taking his leave. Derrick nodded heading back into his office. Melinda pulled together some last minute tasks before checking her watch. Her time to check out here. As she started the elevator dinged alerting her of a visitor. A dark chocolate brother exiting, the logo on his chest showing he worked somewhere in the building.

"A mailing mishap this morning. This didn't make it into Mr. Collins cubbie." The man announced, showing her the letter. Finishing her click out, she stood reaching for the letter. The man's eyes instantly trailing her body.

"Damn......" He breathed out, Melinda tilted her head rasing a brow.

"Aw fuck, no disrespect. Im sorry, you just...you're beautiful." He rushed out, Melinda blinked at him not sure how to go about this. She wasn't used to men opening complimenting her.

"Thank you. The letter?" She asked, as if remembering he handed it to her.

"Right right, my bad. I got distracted has anyone told you how easy it is to get lost in your eyes." He muttered, Melinda couldn't fight her blush if she tried.

"The names James, love. Say you gotta man?" He pressed.

"I'm married." Melinda answered on instinct.

"I didn't see a ring. What's a fool gotta do to lose a goddess like you."

"You are quite the charmer huh?" Mel chuckled, he flashed her a wide grin plucking a pen off her desk. On a sticky note he had he jotted down his number.

"I'm kinda on the clock. Or else I'd talk to you all day. Here's my number, give me a call or something sometime. I'd love to get to know you. Miss Melinda....." He drew out, handing her the note. Another thing she wasn't used to experiencing at all.

"Ms. Moore." She heard called, an ice bucket being dropped on her. He who hears all, why was that so hard to remember sometimes.

"Excuse me." Mel muttered, pushing her chair in.

"No problem. Hopefully I'll be seeing you." James spoke, giving her a seductive grin before turning. Walking off with swagger.

"Melinda." He called again, she cursed rushing to his office.

"Yes sir." She chirped in the doorway. He growled at her, she knew damn well he hated repeating himself.

"Come here." He beckoned, gesturing with his finger. He was giving her that look that said she was in trouble....again. She bit her lip shuffling nervously. Holding his hand out she stared at it confused til she remembered she had a letter. Handing it to him, he simply set it on his desk. Crossing his arms he stared at her silently.

"So.....like...Yoga...I'm gonna be late." She muttered, fidgeting under his gaze. He gave her a silent nod.

"Love you?" She tossed, leaning forward expecting his denial again. Her heart skipped a beat when he leaned forward pecking her lips.

"I love you too." He responded fighting to keep his stern mug as she grinned like she won the lottery. Damn her for being cute at a time like this. Spinning on her heels she headed for the door not before dropping the sticky note in the trash on her way out. His grin was smug as he watched her go. He liked how he didn't even have to say a word and she knew. Her praises would come but not before she cashed in on the rest of her punishment.

Across town.....

Robert rubbed his stubble as he waited for the guard to continue to process him out. It was just his luck to get arrested on a weekend. By the time he saw the judge he was already going on 24 hours. Then to get Diana the information on where he kept his money. What had truly set him up was going to the bank to make another hefty withdrawal to hear she closed her account. What's mine is yours? What yours is mine right? She was so god damn lucky those cops came faster than expected.

Next time she wouldn't be that damn lucky. No better yet next time he wouldn't be seen. See he did a little insurance. Jo now had a tracker on the underside of her car. Thing one and two rolled together, so where one was here came the other. First order of business now that he knew what she was rolling around in was to see what she was up to. Besides slurping up cum like a whore to get a fancy car. Money was just so important to her right. The constant nagging for him to get money. Fine he was going to get some.

Prescott had called back and drummed up an agreement. Robert would sign a fucking multi million dollar deal at the end of the month. In the snap of his finger he was about to be king of the world. After some much needed punishment he'd accept his queen back. Only then he couldn't believe she didn't even wanna look at him. How could she not see this was all her fault?

"Gayle."

Robert looked up as an officer unlocked his cell. About got damn time he was going home. Following the man another long process before he was finally out the damn door. Diana waiting with a displeased expression. He walked up to her pecking her lips.

"Thank you baby."

"Of course. I just can't believe she'd call you over there and start a fight. You were just defending yourself. Did you tell them she stabbed you?" Diana voiced, as the exited the station. Robert dropped his head shaking it.

"I just.....it's embarrassing. No ones gonna believe that. It's always what did you do to deserve it." Robert responded, Diana sighed feeling worse for him.

"The world needs to wake up. Men get abused too. Just think when you sign this deal I bet she's gonna come running back. You gotta be strong. I know it's hard and there's history but stay strong baby. This is toxic." Diana pushed, getting into her car.

"I know....I just want my car back. I worked hard getting it. She knows that. It's why she's using it against me."

"That's manipulation, ignore her....for us. Please?"

"I'm trying." He sighed, she nodded deciding to drop it. Looking out the window Robert started thinking about the days to come. Just what did Mel see in that nigga. He needed to see for himself.

Back at Derrick's.......

Derrick strolled around his play room. Looking at his various toys. The excitement burning bright. He had patience to bring her up to his level. He wasn't some inexperienced Dominant. Too much too fast was dangerous. One of the reasons impact play hadn't come out was because she wasn't ready mentally to separate abuse. She would be able to separate the two soon. For tonight he planned on the punishment to be apart of their training. Leaving the lights red he shut the door. Whistling for his dog who came bouncing from the living room. Looking around for Mel before he seemed to pout.

"She'll be home later. Let's go for a run." He tossed, at the word run Beaux instantly perked up.

A quick change later they we're out running the lay of his land. Passing by the small but very homey house on the outskirts of his property. Where his central security ran from. Tank kept to himself really. When he wasn't working a member of his team was on post at the gate. Rarely did he take off days unless Derrick pushed it. He was the reason this place was protected like a military base. By the time they came back he was sure Mel was home. Heading inside Beaux ran for his water, while he checked the roast. Heading to the playroom he found the door cracked. Pushing open to find Mel in her wait position. Entering he walked to the table he set up grabbing the riding crop.

"Attention." He called, watching her get up.

"Good evening, Mellie."

"Good evening, Sir." She echoed, a shiver in her voice noticing his toy.

"You may look at me." He spoke, standing in front of her. She lifted her head finding his eyes.

"Today you earned a punishment for?"

"Back talking, being rude, and being disrespectful." Mel stated.

"Sir." She quickly added, before he could comment.

"Correct. So today you will learn and complete your punishment. Any questions?"

"No, Sir."

"Then moving on get into waiting position." He commanded, she dropped down back to waiting. He pursed his lips tapping her thigh with the crop. She caught on putting her hands on her thighs. Using his foot he scooted a miniature table from under the bigger table. This one just tall enough for Mel to easily reach. Grabbing the paper and pen he set them on her table. She looked at the materials confused.

"Title a page Rules. Put the date in the left corner." He spoke, despite her confusion she picked up the pen doing so.

"Good, now you will number off as we go. I want you to write every rule I say. I will then go on to explain each. Understood?"

"Yes, Sir?"

"Understood." He repeated.

"Yes, Sir." She repeated clearer.

"Rule number 1, Disrespectful behavior is prohibited. That means like today you do not throw a temper tantrum when you feel things aren't going you way. Rule 2, Flirting with others is prohibited. Again meaning like today. The mail boy, do not entertain the notion that there could be more. That in it self is dangerous especially if we were in a club setting. Rule 3, Do as you're told. Its an order unless said otherwise. If I say get into waiting you get into waiting. Rule 4, Punishment is non-negotiable. The saying goes do the crime do the time. If punishment changes it is my decision. Trying to talk yourself out of a punishment only adds to your punishment. Rule 5, Always be truthful. I may ask you a question like are you in pain. I expect an honest answer no matter what. Being dishonest is being distrustful. Are we getting the rules? Do I need to slow down?" He asked, Mel shook her head busy writing. The sting of a pop on the hand gaining her attention.

"No, Sir." She stated, rubbing the back of her hand.

"Rule 6, Communicate with me. If something is scaring you voice that. If I'm being too hard say your colors. This ties into honesty. I don't care if what you have to say will upset me. You will express yourself. Your voice matters to me. If I've done something to upset you and you are expressing that. I will let minor transgressions like cussing and eye rolling go. All rules are important but I can not stress this one enough. Rule 7, Do not speak unless given permission. This goes for club scene but can go for other settings. Specifically in club scene speaking to other Doms without me is a danger. It's important you follow that or your punishment is public. Rule 8, Your pleasure is mine. In the case you need sexual release you come to me. I'll always be eager to satisfy you. Rule 9, Do not touch toys without permission. That's self explanatory, I don't want you to hurt yourself nor do I want you to scare yourself. Rule 10, be open minded. That goes for club scene as well as home. BDSM is a wide spectrum with many branches. Respect them all, do not judge. Your disdain is private not public. As far as home I'm going to introduce you to a lot. To see what you like. Remain open to experience."

I swear the damn rules kept coming. I started slouching and then he'd pop me. I didn't know how to feel about that crop. I'd watch it and get popped for not paying attention. It took foreverrrrr. We got up to 30 before he stopped. "How did you feel about the rules?" Fine I guess....it was a learning experience. "How so besides the obvious?"

It taught me boundaries, in the rules he showed me what I was lacking in myself. Rules...I had no rules for myself no rules for my sisters. "So your boundaries were never clear. You needed to make them clear. That was an excellent discovery." Yeah, I had a lot to get used to. Especially the rules that were personal. Like body image, an self esteem. Not putting myself down was a rule. I had to really work at that. "After rules were put into place then what?" He gave me a binder where I would put them in. Any time I needed a refresher I was to look at them. I thought he forgot about my punishment but of course he didn't.

"Now as your punishment I want you to write each rule in order in lines. 4 pages front and back. I want them done by dinner. You are to remain in this spot while completing. I will be checking in frequently. I expect clear not sloppy lines. Failure to comply will result in further punishment." He declared, Melinda gaped at him before a pout came full force.

Starting her lines without verbal force. He went on with his business. Taking a shower, then to complete dinner. By the time it was done Melinda was on her last lines. Looking completely over the situation. He walked over watching her complete the last two lines. Dropping her pen she groaned rubbing her sore hand. Picking up the sheets he looked them over.

"Good quality, what do you have to say to me Mellie?" He asked.

"I'm sorry for my behavior today."

"Good girl." He praised, the lights turning green. Her shoulders sagged in relief.

"I will comment getting into apology position earlier was an excellent action. I expect it when appropriate for you to do that. That is how I know you are ready to resolve your actions. Waiting here when you got home like I asked in position was great. I'm proud keep up the progress. Date each page and add it to your binder then put your binder on the shelf. After that is complete you may dress and go have a shower. Dean will be here soon." Derrick spoke, helping her to stand. Giving her a deep kiss of praise before letting her do what she needed to. There was something about knowing she was forgiven that made her eyes water. That after her punishment was done it was just done. No holding it over her head. No dragging it out. It was gone, just a clean slate.

I think that's what I liked the most about Derrick. "That he was forgiving?" Yeah....but he was patient with me. Like my.... "Like who?" My dad... "Do you want to talk about him?" No. "It could help me understand you better." No, move on. "Its obviously very touching for you Melinda." I'm about to get very touching with you in a minute. Move. On. "We'll come back to that later. So did you file the order."

Yeah I did, felt like I was signing my death certificate. The officer was telling me that 75% of the time it scared people off...but that untalked about 25% was blaring. I didn't know where Robert would fall. "Did you express that to anyone?" To Derrick after he dug for it. The thing is he wasn't sure where Robert would fall either so he did his best to reassure me. Then to get my mind off of it he asked me to go to this soiree with him. I thought he meant for work but this man meant as his date.

"Mellie baby, stop picking at your dress. You look absolutely stunning." Derrick complimented, dragging his finger down the open center of her dress. One he had specifically made for her. It was a hop, skip, and a jump outside her comfort zone. The skin on display worrying her. She was worried if she turned too fast a titty would pop out. He was pushing her out her little box. This dress was for a runway model.... not little old her.

"Get whatever you just thought out your mind. You are beautiful Melinda." He stated, firmly she huffed hating how he did that.

"I'm worried."

"About?" He asked, giving her his full attention.

"What if someone takes pictures of us? What if it end up on TV? What if someone says I'm married and then you look like a homewrecker? What if you lose deals? What if your parents freak? Oh my god! What if......"

"Baby breath! Calm down Mellie, you're getting yourself worked up. Look at me and I mean really look at me. I don't care what people say. And I'm not going to lose money because I'm with you. The business world has seen far worse. My associates aren't angels. You have filed for divorce. You are legally separated, there is nothing to worry about. But if you don't feel up to being on my arm tonight. I can take you home right now." He spoke, cupping her face making her running mind stop. She calmed herself focusing on his words.

"Are you sure?"

"Sure that I dont care. Or sure I'll take you home?" He questioned.

"Sure that you don't care. I don't want to embarrass you."

"I'm sure, you won't embarrass me. Nothing about you is embarrassing. I am honored to have such a woman as you as my date tonight." He spoke, leaning in claiming her lips not caring about her lipstick. His kisses always made her soar to new heights. She tilted her head hungrily pushing to deepen the kiss. He pulled back despite her whine.

"As much as I would live to show you how honored I am. We are almost there." He huskily spoke, grabbing a napkin to wipe his mouth. Mel pouted pulling her little mirror out her clutch. Fixing her lipstick as the car came to a stop.

My heart was literally thudding. Sure we had dates where he took me to restaurants but that was different. That was a big charity event. Full of rich and powerful people, full of his peers, full of people who envied him, celebrities and all. And he wanted little old me as his date....in public like that. "He was showing you his commitment." Robert never wanted to go anywhere with me.....and this man wanted to show me off. It was so overwhelming....but he stayed by my side. Before I knew it I was relaxed and talking purses with the damn governor's wife! Like what the fuck? I was meeting all types of people.....and then I met her. "Who is her?"

"I need to use the restroom. Do you want to come or are you okay here?" Derrick questioned near her ear the noise level of the building high.

"I think I'm okay. I'm gonna get another glass of whatever the hell this is." Mel responded.

"Be careful, it tastes like candy but will hit you eventually. No more than two more glasses."

"But I'm having a good time. It's so addicting!" Mel whined, Derrick cut his eyes at her ending her whining.

"No more than two. Got it." She voiced, he nodded pecking her lips before heading off. Knowing she'd be at the bar when he came back. Taking her empty glass up, the bartender flashed her a smile taking it without word.

"You must be new. I don't recall seeing you last year." A voice spoke from behind her, Mel turned around at the velvet sound. A woman taller than her dressed to kill looking down at her.

"Uh yeah, I am." Melinda responded, not sure what else to say.

"You here to bid?"

"Oh, no I'm just a plus one." Mel answered, the woman's eyes trailed Melinda with a slight scowl.

"So you're a nobody."

"Excuse me?" Mel asked, starting to feel the disdain bleeding from this lady.

"Forgive me, that was rude of me. I love your dress by the way. What is that? Versace 2010 spring collection?"

"I'm failing to see what I've done to you. Do you normally bother strangers?" Mel sighed, why was there always one bitch somewhere.

"Just the ones that stick out like a sore thumb. You practically have I don't belong here printed on your face."

"And you chose to come point that out because?" Mel asked, she didn't know this chick from Adam.

"I came to compliment your dress."

"You mean insult but sure let's go with compliment." Mel dryly chuckled, the bartender setting her drink down in front of her.

"Asking your designer is not an insult sweetheart. I'm just sure I've seen it somewhere. Wanted to be sure."

"Referring to it as outdated is an insult. But I can assure you, you've never seen anything like it....sweetheart." Mel hit back, if she wanted to play they could play. People didn't think Mel was a bitch for nothing.

"Oh you're sure about that."

"Very see unlike you wearing a Dior fall 2019. This is a one of a kind custom Vera Wang." Melinda hit, flashing her a sweet smile.

".....he got you a custom." She hissed, Mel smirked bingo there was the problem. Derrick's cologne hit them before his voice.

"He did." Derrick tossed, watching Veronica's eyes flare.

"Veronica." He dryly greeted, easing behind Mel. Easing an arm around Mel's waist. Melinda leaned back into him, finally putting name to face.

"Well if it isn't the man of the hour. What a coincidence."

"You've been watching since I got here. Not a coincidence but a target. I figured you'd swoop in when I left." Derrick spoke, Veronica scowled at him dropping her smile.

"Glad to see you brought some one this year. Was starting to think you were hung up over me." She tossed, Derrick chuckled at that.

"I'm not playing your games Veronica." He simply stated, she cut her eyes at him before looking to Melinda.

"Does the bitch know how controlling you are yet. I have to admit I'm surprised, thought you would have upgraded...." Veronica casually tossed, venom in her words. Before Mel could do a thing Derrick stepped in.

"The only bitch here is you. Get off your high horse before I drag you down. I have no problem showing Melinda how beneath her you are. So if I were you and valued my emotional well-being I'd go back to the date you brought. Before you ended up publicly embarrassed." He spoke, nothing but cutthroat words leaving his lips. The strength in each word having Melinda spring a leak.

"Now if you'll excuse us. I'd like to dance with the most beautiful woman here." He added, stepping to the side grabbing Melinda's hand. Forgetting all about her drink she followed him in a trance. Being swept onto the dance floor.

"Are you okay?" He asked, as they swayed to the music.

"I'm good." Melinda answered, still in awe at the situation. Thinking about how many ways she was gonna give him some ass. A man like that needed a full long treatment.

"I apologize for getting out of character. I'll never stand by and let you get attacked though." He spoke, pulling her close.

"Thank you." She mumbled, laying her head on his chest enjoying his embrace. Her heart was doing literal back flips. This man....... was just.....everything and more. She drifted into her mind, held in his embrace, surrounded by his cologne, to the beat of his heart.

When I thought of the lust
A feeling I couldn't trust
I uncovered the romance
You warned me about that dance

I discovered the desires
You stroke my fire
Your eyes my merry dream
Stitched together my hearts seam

My passion is the hopeful call
That you'll be the one to fix it all
A new life to begin
Maybe this time I win

~Mel

"Derrick....." She called, tilting her head back to find him already looking at her.

"I.....am so in love with you." She poured, a shake in her voice. He swept her into a kiss knowing by that tremble she was terrified. Little did she know he would do anything for her if she asked him.

I forgot what it felt like....to truly have someone. It had been Melinda against the world for so fucking long. God it felt like I could breath knowing someone was in my corner. That's the greatest damn feeling in the world. To feel like somebody.....cause you are somebody. There was no place I would've rather been. Despite his ex trying to crash the mood I had a good time. We laughed, we danced, and he held me all night long.

Strolling through toy aisles Melinda looked for gifts. Her mood just as bright and sunny as the day outside. She had lost Derrick somewhere by the baby stuff. She had already gotten June some mom gifts for postpartum, as well as clothes from 9 months and up. Derrick apparently wanted to gift separate set of gifts instead of tagging his name on hers. She was fine with that but the baby things everywhere was starting to get to her. She'd rather have some tolerance to make it through this shower.

"There you are. You know these aren't baby related gifts right?" Derrick voiced, walking up to her pushing a basket with various items.

"Its not for the baby. I need to get something for my nephews when they see me. I always have a gift." Mel answered, tilting her head at the hoverboards. She had money to go big.

"You think 7 is too young for one of those?" Mel asked aloud, Derrick leaned in looking at the age box.

"Says 9 plus."

"7 is close enough." Mel tossed, grabbing a blue one for Emmett, June's first born.

"I think Anthony would love this. He wants to be a fireman when he grows up." Mel muttered, picking up a full costume equipped with a backpack tank you could fill with water and shoot.

"That's Brenda's boy right?"

"Mhmm, I call him munchie. His ass stay snacking on something." She smiled, recalling the sweet 6 year old. She didn't get to see them nearly as often as she liked to. Their mothers more so Brenda made it hard when you couldn't stand them. As well as Robert's asshole self at the house. Maybe her sisters would let her snag them sometime now. They had a great bond despite her absence.

"Is that it?"

"No, I need to get two more things. Then we can go." Mel blurted, zooming to the next aisle. Two gifts ended up being 4 each. Their basket full when they made it to checkout. After some begging Derrick let her get two of the boys gifts to pacify her longing heart. Paying to have everythiwng wrapped, they were off to the party. Just shy of 20 minutes late.

"Mel! You came!!" June cheered, waddling over in a rush. As if Mel wasn't real. Melinda gave a soft smile letting June hug her. It was an odd experience. She couldn't remember the last time they did that.

"God what did you get me?" June tossed, seeing the mountain in Derrick's arms.

"Oh those aren't for you. We gotta go back to the car. These are for Anthony and Emmett. Where is....."

"TT!" They heard screamed, a boy barreling from across the decorated yard. Nearly knocking his mother over to get to her. Melinda's true smile came out as Emmett hugged her for dear life.

"Hi Emmett, you being a good boy?"

"Always!" He chirped, turning to look at Derrick as he squatted setting gifts down.

"Who's that?"

"This is Derrick, Derrick this is my nephew." Melinda introduced, staying in his squat Derrick stuck his hand out. Emmett shaking his hand like a gentleman.

"The ones in black wrapping are yours Emmett. Ask your mama if you can open them." Mel spoke, as June eyed her sister with a grin.

"Mommy please please please please! Can I open them? I'll die I donttttt." Emmett whined, Derrick chuckled rising to his full height.

"Just one, then go tell daddy to put them up for you." June caved, watching her son tear into the biggest box. As soon as he read hoverboard he was hollering like he won the lottery.

"See now look you can stop asking me for one of them." June groaned in relief.

"Thank you, TT! You're the best everrrrr!" Emmett cheered, hugging Mel again before running off to find Casey.

"He loves it when you come around." June voiced, watching him running around.

"I'm going to get the rest of the stuff." Derrick announced, kissing Mel on the cheek before heading off.

"He looks so different without a suit on."

"I know right. So damn handsome." Melinda gushed, nibbling on her bottom lip.

"Well thank you for coming Mel. Means alot sad I know it's hard for you. So thank you again, I be missing your company." June spoke.

"I'll try to be more...available. it's gonna be hard but I'll give it a try." Mel spoke, June's eyes watered and Mel grimaced.

"Dont get all gross and whiny please. It makes shit awkward and weird." Mel spat not meaning for it to sound harsh. Thankfully June just busted into laughter.

"Hey bitch! Hey bitch's sister." Jo blurted as she strolled up.

"Hey Jo." June responded, shaking her head.

"Wheres Dom?" Mel asked, knowing her friend was only here because she was.

"Helping Derrick. You got wine coolers? And where's your gift table?" Jo tossed.

"Yes, and over there." June answered.

"Cool be back." Jo chirped.

"So where is she devil?" Melinda asked, not seeing Brenda. She was wondering why it was so quiet.

"She's inside with Anthony. He spilled his juice on his shirt. So she was changing it. Can you two be civil today?"

"That be her!"

"I know, I already told her to leave you and your relationship alone." June sighed, as Casey picked up Emmett's gifts listening to his sons excited chatter. He hugged Mel again for good measure before zipping off to follow his dad. June's mouth dropped as Dom and Derrick carried her gifts to the table.

"You guys didn't have to go all out like that." June gasped.

"I know Derrick just wanted to make things easier. Like with the pampers. We got you 12 boxes of every size with a couple extra newborn cause they really be shitting. So I hope you got room. A delivery truck will be here Monday." Mel spilled, June blinked at her in shock.

"Again no tears." Mel huffed, seeing those eyes watering.

"Oh God! What happened?" Brenda rushed, seeing June's teary expression.

"Nothing. I'm okay, I'm great. Thank you Mel."

"You're welcome Junie."

"Uhhh? What I miss?" Brenda asked.

"Alot where's Munchie?"

"I dont know Tony just runs off." Brenda sighed, Melinda winced at the nickname a prick in her chest.

"There he is. Anthony! Come here!" Brenda yelled out, the 6 year old huffing as he stomped over. His expression brightening seeing Melinda.

"TT, I missed you!" He blurted, giving her a running hug. She pushed his glasses up his nose flashing him a smile.

"Missed you too Munchie. I brought you something."

"You always get me something." Anthony bounced, Brenda rolled her eyes shaking her head.

"These all for me?"

"Mhmm." Mel answered.

"No gift opening right now. You need to eat something. Come on pick them up. We'll take them to the car." Brenda spoke up.

"Aw mannnnnnn." He whined, helping his mother pick them up.

Brenda ass was a damn party popper. She hated that I bought him toys and stuff. Claiming I was using gifts to fill my absence and spoiling them wasn't going to make me present. "There is some truth in there you know." Yeah, but I didn't need to hear it from her. Her delivery was always shit. Even with the shit she spoke she was baffled by the fact that Anthony was my shadow when I was around. It didn't fail that day.

"And then I fell down and got this." Anthony boasted, showing off his new scar on his leg while they waited by the cake table.

"That's a war scar man. You a tough one huh?" Derrick tossed, playing into Anthony's ego.

"The toughest!"

"If you so macho why you afraid of snails."

"TT shush, the toughest people have minor fears. You're just a hater." He shrugged off, Jo snickered off to the side.

"You and this mouth." She playfully growled, tickling his sides.

"Save Me!!!" Anthony called out, through his screams and giggles.

"I got you man. Brothers stick together." Derrick declared, swooping in and tossing Mel over his shoulder. She screamed caught off gaurd.

"Derrickkkkkkkkkkk!" She laughed out.

"She ticklish right there! Get her back." Jo blurted, picking Anthony up.

"Jo you traitor!!" Mel snapped, as Derrick lowered her giving Anthony the leverage he needed having Mel squealing. Standing on the steps by the back door Melinda's sisters watched.

"When's the last time we heard her laugh like that huh?" June tossed, rubbing her belly.

"When she was in middle school." Brenda answered, seeing a glimpse of the Melinda they knew as a child. They were supposed to be walking over to cut the cake but they were mesmerized.

"He's...... good for her." Brenda finally admitted, her heart warming at the scene. Moving her to shed a few tears.

"Big bad Brenda says what? Come again? Was that acceptance? "

"Okay okay, I get it. You know I just want the best for her. Mama made us promise to take care of Mel. I don't feel like we have."

"Maybe it's time for a different approach. Melinda's grown. How about we just love her?" June tossed, leaving Brenda to think on that.

Heading down the few more steps. Walking over to get the reveal started. June and Casey's blessing another boy in the family. Despite wanting a girl no tears were shed. The celebration contouring with lots of laughs and games. Brenda taking time to observe Melinda and Derricks interactions more, snapping a few pictures.

Only if she was the only one doing that.

Hope you enjoyed!❤

Derrick is just ughhhh, love my D&M.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.5K 3K 48
What would you say if we told you Taraji and Terrence had a secret? It wasn't just any secret....it was THE secret. What if it didn't start during th...
1.6K 103 14
Taraji has been working for a spy Company for Over 13 years but due to her bad Attendance and bad skills she get's fired. She struggled to keep a roo...
37.6K 2.4K 48
"𝐌𝐘 π’π„π‘πˆπ„π’ 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 πŽππ„" One year is all it takes for strangers to become deep lovers. One Year contract marriage is all takes to attracti...
26.4K 1.4K 28
When we last left off the the gang the loss of one beloved mended the broken bonds. Now coping the 8 find themselves more spread out and out of touch...