The Grumpy Jerk

By bunnyblahblah

A KawaSara or Kawaki x Sarada Fanfiction in an Alternate Universe (AU) setting. Read to find out! Rated 13+ ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Announcement!!!

Chapter 23

511 30 9
By bunnyblahblah

Good thing I was teamed up with Boruto and unfortunately, Chocho's with the jerk's team together with Sumire. The teacher left already and we were still in the field I don't know what we are going to discuss. I am waiting for Boruto to initiate the talk.

"Let's talk about it some other time. We have enough time to prepare. The next meeting is out of sight from now though. Let's just call it off," Boruto says and I guess everyone agrees with him. It's normal for him to act as a leader since he is the captain of the school's basketball team.

"Have you noticed Boruto was quite serious today? Don't you think it is because Sumire is teamed up with Kawaki?"

Was he though? Was it really because of her? I think I'm jealous right now.

Namida's voice is way too loud to be called a whisper but she does speak near Tsubaki's ear then the latter's face frowns in disgust.

"Hey, sadly we are not in the same team," Chocho's voice echoes in my ear. I turn to face her then she suddenly twitches her brow.

"Yeah..." I feeble almost drained of energy. She taps my shoulders and gestures to look at her and I did.

"What's the problem?" she asks and I shrug. I don't want to talk about it in the middle of the crowd. We went to the locker and change back to our school uniforms.

"Now tell me what's wrong," she starts when we settled down the school's cafeteria. I sigh before talking, "Everyone from my team seems to notice that Boruto was quite serious after the teams were formed." She pouts in confusion while collecting her thoughts.

"And you assume that it is because of that Sumire girl why he was acting strange?" wow, bullseye!

"Nope, not just me but most of the girls in my team," I correct her while waving my index finger at her. She shakes her head in disbelief.

"So we can conclude that they are truly dating?" can't we? didn't they? I'm crossing my fingers that that idea is wrong.

"I don't know," I faintly utter while stabbing the burger with a bread knife.

"You just killed the burger," she jokes but I'm not laughing at it. She then again speaks, "I bet it's the reason why you desperately want the letter back and let not Boruto get a hold of it."

Her statement saddens me, yes, I can't hide it though and all she had said were true.

"You know what will happen if I'll give him the letter, don't you? It looks like I pick a rock and hammer it on my head," I tell her and she shrugs.

"So no more love letters for him?" she asks and takes a bite from her sandwich. No, I guess. "So, you're going to just move on just as I am?" she adds. It's the only choice I have or there could be another option?

"Silence means yes. Please don't cry behind my back or else I will slap you on your face," she scares me but I know she's not going to do that.

"I miserably got defeated," I say and she smirks. She grabs the glass of juice and sips it on the straw. She clears her throat due to the coldness of her drink. Her glass is full of ice cubes.

"The weather isn't that hot though. Why did you put so much ice on your drink?" I remark and she smirks at me.

"It's because I thought we will be on the hot seat when you suddenly drags me here," she shrugs. She was saying that I was the one who made her put those extra ice cubes in her glass. Okay. I just shake my head.

"You know what? You easily jumped to the conclusion that Boruto and Sumire are a thing without confirming it first. I was just saying that unlike me, I confessed to him and now I'm one hundred percent sure that there is no way we're going to be together...now and all you have is your instincts," she tells me a long speech just to wake me up from my doubting senses.

"You know my instincts never fail me," I retaliate and she stops from munching her sandwich and she puts it down and speaks, "Maybe this time you are wrong? Just this one time..." she insists but... I'm afraid it is true.

"Consider it, Sarada. Consider confessing before it's too late for you," she continues and I suddenly feel horrified. My head keeps refusing the idea because I can feel in my heart that there are no chances of Boruto to like me, not the slightest chance. If he does he must have told me about it before, right? We keep quiet until we're done with our snack.

"I don't know which one I will choose," I hear Sumire say. She is new to the class and our adviser wants her to join any club she likes.

"Just choose where your hobby lies," Boruto is giving her words of wisdom. How sweet. I'm sorry for eavesdropping I didn't intend to they talk so loud.

"Boruto's being nice again," Chocho remarks while she scrolls on her phone. I look at her while narrowing my eyes.

"Boruto is so sweet. Sumire sure is lucky to have Boruto as her boyfriend," Namida comments. I turn to face her and she too is focused on them. Tsubaki suddenly stands up from her seat and leaves the room. The two never confirm that they are dating or something but their actions speak for themselves.

"I don't know how to dance, sing nor cook. I also barely know how to draw," she laughs and Boruto laughs with her statement too. They look so happy together and it's a tragedy for me.

"What about the drama club? You were good at acting before. Do you still remember when you play the role of Peter Pan in fourth grade?" Boruto laughs when he commemorates an old memory of them.

"That was disgusting you know? I never auditioned for the role of Peter," she then laughs too. They are very happy.

"But you still did great back then," Boruto smiles, and Sumire cups her face in disgust and she speaks again, "Okay, I'll apply for the drama club," she removes her hands from her face and smiles at him. So, she's applying for the drama club...

Wait, what?

You know I am a member of the club, right?

Boruto turns and sees me. I am flustered when he smiles at me.

"Wait, Sarada is a member of the club she can help you out!" he says and I'm dead.

"Really? That's good news!" she says and stands up from her seat and moves to my place.

"Oh no..." Chocho mumbles and I gulp. She pulls a chair closer to mine and sits on there smiling at me.

"I'm glad that there is someone who can help me with this," she says and holds my hands.

"Y-Yeah," I stammer.

"I'll leave you in Sarada's care. I need to go to our practice," Boruto says and leaves with Mitsuki. He is so concerned about her.

"I want to know the things needed to apply for the club," she says and smiles again. I am not saying that her smile is annoying but they seem unreal to me or I'm just jealous of her? Damn it Sarada! You're paranoid. And I told her everything she asked of me.

"We have a practice for the upcoming play this afternoon, would you like to come with me?" Do I sound like a hypocrite now when I think she was a fake earlier?

"That's cool! Sure, I'm coming with you. Thank you so much," she says joyously. Why would I think about that earlier? She looks fine and friendly. I can say that she is friends with everyone in just a short period. I shake my head and Chocho suddenly presses me on my side.

"What's wrong?" she asks when I turn on her side.

"I'm terrible," I say almost crying. She gestures 'why?' to me. And I tell her what's on my mind.

"I thought of her as a fake though she looks very friendly. I'm a terrible person, right? I think my insecurities are..." I tell her, and she rubs my back.

"It's normal to feel jealous but never cross the line, understood?" she reminds me and I unconsciously nod at her.

"Be as friendly as you can. Don't act recklessly or you will regret it for the rest of your life," Chocho sounds very deep today but I think I'll take all her advice.

The afternoon comes and I went out of the room and aim to proceed to the club when I sight on Sumire leaning against the wall. She seems to be waiting for someone or waiting for me?

"Hey," she calls out to me when she sees me. I walk closer to her and speak, "Sorry to keep you waiting." She shakes her head.

"Shall we?" she says and I nod. We walk together and she keeps telling me her feelings right now. She said she's nervous and excited at the same time but it does not seem like it. She looks calm and keeps her smile on her lips. She never mentions anything about Boruto or their relationship. They seem secretive about it. And I am very eager to know about it.

My lips are about to spit questions about her relationship with him but she cuts my lips off, "Is it hard to be a part of the club?" I slightly startle and I think she did not notice it.

"W-Well, you have to audition first to become an actor," I say briefly and she nods.

"I need the apprenticeship, right?" she asks and I nod.

"You need to show them your potential in acting and your ability to memorize lines in a short period," I tell her. Indeed, they are the steps to be part of the club.

"I see. How long did you take the apprenticeship?" she asks.

"Well, I never did the apprenticeship. I was in an instant," I say and she is surprised.

"No doubt, you are the smartest girl in the class. Boruto told me about you and the rest of the class as well," she says and smiles.

"No, it's not what you think it is. I was just lucky back then. We got a play before and the condition is whoever be chosen as the lead actor will automatically have a spot in the club. It's the council who conducted the audition and luckily I got chosen," I tell her a little history of how I got my spot in the club.

"I see now. You are certainly splendid to be chosen as the lead," she says and chuckles. "I wish I could be part of the club in no time," she mutters and we keep walking our way to the drama club room.

"You have mentioned that you guys have an upcoming play. Who's the lead actor?" she asks with a furrowed brow.

"I am," I say in a casual voice. I can see her eyes enlarge.

"Oh gosh, Sarada! You're exceptional!" she exclaims I think my cheeks blush when she said it.

"No, I was just lucky to be chosen," I say while gesturing no in front of her.

"It's not luck but you are great!" she utters and smiles at me again. I just realized that I was so stupid for thinking that she is untrue but right now, she is genuinely smiling and happy for what she had discovered about me. I should stop with my idiocracy. Now I know why Boruto's so happy when he's talking to her. She is so pure and looks so innocent. I envy her and that's the truth.

I show her around and introduce her to everyone. They look amused by her, to be honest. She's jolly and very friendly. She'll get along with them in no time.

"Your apprenticeship will start today. Everyone, you have to make sure that Sumire will learn everything she must learn here, understood?" the club adviser says and we all nod.

"Thank you, everyone," Sumire utters in delight and she smiles. We let her watch our practice first and she seems to be enjoying it.

"How was accompanying your greatest rival today?" Chocho starts while we walk home.

"It turned out well. I think she enjoyed it," I say with less energy this time.

"I don't know if you are exhausted from the practice or frustrated that she and you are now in the same circle," she says and munches the potato chip in her hand.

"That's not it..." I feeble. She utters "Huh?" when she barely hears me say it.

"It's nothing," I refuse to tell her what I think. With all honesty, I feel heavy when she's around it seems like she's taking Boruto away from me.

We wave goodbye at each other and we separate ways. I wish everything will be fine soon.

Classroom

"Class, I have a very important announcement. I know you are aware that before you graduate you have to accomplish two-day community service," everyone starts to buzz about her announcement.

"Are we going to do it now?" Chocho furrows and I just shrug.

"Community service sounds fun," Sumire says and she gets everyone's attention.

"Oh?" Boruto utters and she nods and she speaks again, "We used to do it when I was still in my old school."

"What's fun in doing that? It's a drag," Shikadai complains and everyone laughs.

"Okay, enough. You will do it this weekend. Last year it is done individually but a lot of graduating students complained. So, the principal decided that it will be accomplished by pair this year," she continues to explain.

"Let's do it Sarada," Chocho says and I agree. It would be very convenient if I'll pair up with her.

"I have prepared the pairs. I made the Student Council President draw the pairs," she reveals. No way!

"The possibility of us to be paired up together is down to fifty percent," I tell her and she pouts.

"All right, I'll start now," she takes her record book and places it in front of us as she is about to announce the pairs.

"The first pair is Shikadai and Inojin," she starts. I see them give each other a high-five.

"The second pair is Chocho and Mitsuki," she continues. I see how Chocho gulps and sticky looks come from her eyes. I glanced at Mitsuki and he is smiling. The chance is down to zero.

"The third pair is Boruto and Sumire," both of them smile at each other. Oh? I utter in my mind. I am fine being paired with anyone except with the jerk. I secretly glanced at him and he is looking outside the window. Jerk!

"The fourth pair is Tsubaki and Yodo," why do best friends are paired up together except us Chocho?

Pair me up with Denki or someone else not with the jerk. Please!

"Fifth pair is Wasabi and Kawaki," my heart rejoices when I heard it. Yes!

"Oh my bad, it's Wasabi and Denki and it's Sarada and Kawaki, the sixth pair. I messed up with your names, I'm sorry,"

Seriously?!

Oh hell no!

***************************************************************

I think this update was boring. Hahaha! Anyways, have a nice day, people! Keep safe!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 5.3K 68
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
25.5K 889 18
"𝐈𝐟 𝐈 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐞...𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐥�...
360K 13K 60
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...
112K 6.9K 29
❝...𝗯𝗲𝗰𝗮𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘂𝗳𝗳𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘆𝗼𝘂!❞ During the fourth great ninja war, Black Zetsu teleports Uchiha Sasuke and Ha...