Burning Down | Harry Potter

By narcissablacc

~Where dwell the brave at heart, their daring, nerve and chivalry sets a Gryffindor apart~ What if there was... More

Announcement
Prologue
00.
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
~Cordelia Black~
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37. (Important)
Act II
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
Act III
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
79 (II)
80

47.

4K 147 43
By narcissablacc

Cordelia now very well knew why Sirius name was not being cleared. Why Dumbledore forbade him from going anywhere. He only helped people he knew he could tame.

Remus unfortunately being one of them for now.

As Harry walked down to breakfast, he was glad to see Lia sitting there.

He knew about her fall out with Remus and tried to get them to talk but one glare from her and he shut up.

As Harry walked out, a small kiss from Lia seemed to somehow make him feel better when compared to all the support and advices he got.

"One wave and our trunks would be ready" she winked at him before he walked out of the door.

Molly pursed her lips when she saw Harry and Lia getting close. But didn't comment.

It didn't go unnoticed by Remus, Sirius, Harry and Lia though.

Lia was happy that Harry was cleared of all charges but somehow, the thought of them running away seemed better.

But Mr.Weasley's conversation with Sirius caught her attention.

"Listen, Sirius, Lucius Malfoy was at the Ministry -"

"What?" said Sirius sharply.

"Be quiet, you three! Yes, we saw him talking to Fudge on level nine, then they went up to Fudge's office together. Dumbledore ought to know."

"Absolutely," said Sirius. "We'll tell him, don't worry."

"Well, I'd better get going, there's a vomiting toilet in Bethnal Green waiting for me. Molly, I'll be late, I'm covering for Tonks, but Kingsley might be dropping in for dinner -"

He said rushing out again.

The day passed by rather quickly after that. Lia and Remus had although made up, the tension was stirred again as the holidays neared an end.

Lia had wrote to Narcissa about her not wanting to go back to Hogwarts, in return Narcissa asked to meet her in Diagon Alley.

Remus reluctantly agreed to let her go. Saying how maybe Narcissa would be able to make her see sense and change her mind about leaving Hogwarts.

"You'll be meeting Malfoy?" Harry questioned with furrowed brows when he saw Lia descending the steps dressed in a lilac dress with a ruched neck and puffed sleeves.

"Yes and Cissa" she smiled, glad she was able to go out.

"Do you want something?"

Harry shook his head, retreating to his room.

"Lucky, aren't you" Sirius scoffed when Remus and Lia were ready to leave.

"Very" she smirked.

Remus apparated them to Diagon Alley.

She was meeting Cissa near Madam Malkin's.

"Cissa! Draco!" Lia's eyes lit up upon seeing the two Malfoy's.

"Lia" the two chorused back with a small smile. But pleasant expressions.

"I missed you" Lia hugged her godmother, loving the warmth she provided and her pleasant perfume invading her nose.

"I missed you too sweetheart" Narcissa chuckled kissing her cheek.

"Draconis" she hugged Draco as well, who awkwardly patted her on the back.

"I'll come and get you in 2 hours?" Remus questioned Lia, who nodded before waving at him as she walked away with Narcissa and Draco.

"You look lovely" Narcissa complimented.

"Of course I do! I got it from you" Lia smiled at her godmother.

The three walked into an Italian restaurant for some lunch.

As they waited for their order, they discussed several topics.

"The new defence Professor is being appointed by the ministry itself" Draco informed Lia, making her look at her questionably.

"Really?" Lia's voice held some amazement.

"Yeah, apparently Dumbledore could not find a someone for the post" Draco added with a smirk, "Vile woman as I've heard. She's a half-blood but father says she is obsessed with trying to be like a pureblood."

"Well she can't be one no matter how hard she tries" Lia said snobbishly. It made Draco give out a soft laugh as Narcissa smiled.

"Well what was it about you not wanting to go back?" Narcissa questioned as they received their order.

"Can't blame her mother. I don't really wish to go back either" Draco stated as he picked up a fork.

"I- I don't really like Hogwarts. It's very different from Uagadou as I said earlier. Barely any discipline, the professors can do whatever they like in terms that they act so prejudiced themselves. Which Professor in their right mind would bully a student?"

"You're not talking about Snape are you?" Draco smirked.

"No, no even McGonagall does that sometimes" she quickly added.

"And? Is there something else?" Narcissa questioned, knowingly.

Draco looked at his cousin for a few seconds before blurting it out. "It's Cedric."

Lia nodded slowly, "It brings back memories and it's complicated. He was sort of my only friend other than Draco of course...."

"There's no point not going love. It would be like running away from your problems, go there and Draco would be there if you ever need someone. Owl me everyday, I would be more than happy" Narcissa said gently.

Lia nodded, glad she had Narcissa and Draco.

The two Malfoy's apparated away after saying their farewells.

Lia turned towards Remus, "I want to get something....."

"What more could you possibly need?" He questioned eyeing all the packets and boxes she had in her hand.

"Well these are mine. Shouldn't you get something for your grumpy boyfriend?" She stated with a sly smile.

"Maybe....." Remus looked around.

After a short trip to a few sweet shops and a joke shop, they went back.

Sirius was happy to see Remus coming back with a few things that he could use and sweets. Loads of them.

"How spoilt" Sirius stated eyeing the neatly wrapped in a Slytherin green wrapping paper packages.

Lia scoffed sarcastically, "You're the one to talk. Wasn't one of your friend equally spoilt?" She smiled sarcastically before moving towards her room.

-

Lia received her books list and a badge with a letter.

It was a prefects badge. The letter from McGonagall.

Dear Miss.Black,

We acknowledge your work and to show our gratitude for your duty towards Hogwarts, you are for the first time ever in history of Hogwarts are appointed as an exceptionally third Prefect from your house.

Deputy Mistress,
Minerva McGonagall.

Lia looked up to see Harry near the door. He saw the badge and the letter as he came in and took a seat on the bed.

He read through the letter and smiled at her, a small smile that didn't reach his eyes, "You deserve it. Ron and Hermione got their badges too" the last bit sounded a bit glum.

"I could care less, anyways it's not like Ronald Weasley deserves to be a prefect. Dumbledore is dumb, see D-U-M-B" she caressed his face.

"But at least you deserve it. Does this make me bad?" He questioned as he wrapped an arm around her waist.

"Absolutely not. It's okay if you feel this way. Jealous. Even I would. After everything you've done" she whispered softly.

"Mrs.Weasley must be gloating" Lia chuckled, making Harry give her a look which made her chuckle some more.

"You're not telling Remus?" He questioned as looked around the clean room.

"Doesn't matter" Lia shrugged, "Do you need help with your trunk?"

Harry thought for a moment before nodding slowly.

"Mipsy will help you" she smiled.

Mipsy did help Harry pack his trunk in a second. Which made Hermione start about S.P.E.W.

Harry with Lia right behind him moved downstairs for dinner to see a banner that read - 'CONGRATULATIONS HERMIONE AND RON- NEW PREFECTS'

Harry stared at it confused before looking around the kitchen to see Sirius, Remus, Kingsley Shackelbolt, Moody and Tonks already there.

"I thought we'd have a little party, not a sit-down dinner," Molly told Harry,

Ron, Hermione, Fred, George, and Ginny as they entered the room. "Your father and Bill are on their way, Ron, I've sent them both owls and they're thrilled," she added, beaming.

Lia suppressed her urge to roll her eyes as she moved past Harry.

The party started as everyone congratulated the two known prefects. Harry looked towards where Lia was talking to her house elf, giving the elf some instructions as they nodded happily.

"Well, I think a toast is in order," said Mr. Weasley, when everyone had a

drink. He raised his goblet. "To Ron and Hermione, the new Gryffindor prefects!"

Ron and Hermione beamed as everyone drank to them and then applauded.

"I was never a prefect myself," said Tonks brightly from behind Harry as everybody moved toward the table to help themselves to food. Her hair was tomato-red and waist length today; she looked like Ginny's older sister.

"My Head of House said I lacked certain necessary qualities."

"Like what?" said Ginny, who was choosing a baked potato.

"Like the ability to behave myself," said Tonks.

"What about you, Sirius?" Ginny asked, thumping Hermione on the back.

Sirius, who was right beside Harry, let out his usual barklike laugh. "No one would have made me a prefect, I spent too much time in detention with James. Lupin was the good boy, he got the badge."

"I think Dumbledore might have hoped that I would be able to exercise some control over my best friends," said Lupin. "I need scarcely say that I failed dismally."

"Remus, Cordelia's a prefect too" Harry blurted out loud and clear, making everyone look at him.

"A prefect? You didn't tell me" Remus quickly looked past Harry and towards Lia, who shrugged.

"But- but there are already two prefects from Gryffindor" Hermione stated with a confused voice.

"For her duty to school. She's an exception" Harry answered quickly, not giving Lia a chance to be sarcastic.

"That's great Lia!" Remus clapped her on the shoulder.

"Your father was one too" Sirius told her as he congratulated her.

"Thank you" Lia told them as she gave Harry a small grateful smile.

-

Lia couldn't sleep that night, her mind was running with thoughts about Hogwarts, Cedric and the locket.

Moving downstairs she passed the door that still wouldn't open.

Staring at it, she racked her brain before calling for Kreature. Making the elf appear with a pop.

"Young Mistress called for Kreature" he bowed to her.

"Open this door Kreature" she ordered.

Kreature looked very hesitant, as he didn't do anything.

"Open it Kreature" Lia stated again.

Kreature reluctantly vanished and opened the door from within.

It was dirty very dirty.

Lia, carefully stepped inside, while Kreature stood shakily near the door.

"Mistress must not..." he whispered.

Lia looked around, everything was it was. Moving over to the table she saw a lot of notes with words that had been scratched out laying on it.

Picking up one and dusting the dust away, she scanned the words.

I've taken the real Horcrux.

-R.A.B

But it was scratched out. Lia examined the other notes as well.

Each had one word in all - Horcrux.

What's a Horcrux? And from whom did dad take it? She thought to herself.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Thank you for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176 4 6
It's 1980, and both Walburga and Orian Black have passed, only heir to the Black name, Regulus Arcturus, dead, making the disowned "Blood traitor" Si...
145K 3.2K 32
Elladora Zhavia Ursula Black I,daughter of Walburga and Orion Black, sister to Regulus Arcturus and Sirius Orion III.She had continued the Black trad...
229K 11.7K 99
- ʀᴇɢᴜʟᴜs ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ғᴀɴғɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ "You. Me. Hogsmeade. Tomorrow" Romie demands, leaving no room for objection. Regulus slowly lifts his head from his book...
171K 14.9K 92
" ₜₒₒ ₗₐₜₑ ᵢ ₗₒᵥₑd ᵧₒᵤ, ₒ ₜₒₒ ₑₐᵣₗᵧ ᵢ ₖₙₑw ᵧₒᵤ. " What if, in the prophecy, the chosen one isn't specifically a boy as previously thought, but rathe...