With You, For You

By BlueRose_023

𝑨𝒍𝒍 𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒂𝒊𝒓 𝒊𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒘𝒂𝒓. 𝑺𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒔, 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐 𝒗𝒊𝒄𝒕𝒐𝒓. 𝑾𝒆 �... More

Before You Read
||1||
||2||
||3||
||4||
||5||
||6||
||7||
||8||
||9||
||10||
||11||^
||12||^^
||13||^
||14||
||15||
||17||
||18||^^
||19||
||20||
||21||
||22||^^
||23||
||24||
||25||^^
Cast
𝑺𝒑𝒐𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒓
||26||
||27||
||28||
||29||
||30||
||31||
||32||
||33||
||34||
||35||
||36||
||37||
||38||
||39||
||40||
||41||
||42||
||43||
||44||
||45||
||46||
||47||
||48||
||49||
||50||
||51||
||52||
||53||
||54||
||55||
||56||
||57||
||58||
I'M ALIVEEE: an author's note
||59||
||60||
||61||
||62||
||63||
||64||
||65||
||66||
||67||

||16||

42 19 3
By BlueRose_023

Dedicated to Desi0725

Happy New Month.

The article was pulled down. Not only that, the pictures were explained by none other than Nedum who reported it to the school. His explanation made me have looks of pity wherever I went but I didn't need them.

Everything was back to how it was...normal. The SS3 students had finished with their exams and the JSS3 students had started with BECE NECO. That meant that the term was coming to a close. Our termly exams were only a couple of weeks away.

"Solve using combinatorics," Eben said. Buchi and I came to his house to read with him. I puffed my cheeks staring at the question.  "SAT two years ago."

I picked up my pen and wrote down a solution. After a while, I was done. "Am I correct," I asked. I wasn't even sure of my answer. I looked at Buchi and Eben who were now seated on the floor playing video games. Eben got up to check my work.

I hissed in pain as I felt a contraction in my lower stomach. "It's correct. Are you okay?" The pain continued. I could faintly guess what it was. It had arrived. That was quite a surprise as I didn't see mine regularly as other females did.

Mom and I had gone to the hospital. The doctor said that my cycle would stabilise soon. It looked like it did. I tried hard to endure the pain. I held my stomach as I lay my head on Eben's desk. "Chioma what's wrong?" Eben asked again.

I shook my head. "It's nothing." That was when I felt something flow. Oh, God. I raised my head in shock.

"You're lying." I bit my lips. Eben hated it when I lied to him.

"Sorry." I looked over to Buchi and signalled him to come. "Your jacket. Please." I was certain that I was stained. I wore light clothes.

"Why?" He asked removing it. I met Eben's worried gaze. He stared hard at my attempts of trying to tie the jacket around me without having to show them the bloodstain.

"Can you two turn around?" I asked. They narrowed their eyes.

"Your period?" They asked at a time. I bit my lips harder as my stomach contracted again. I nodded. They respected my wish and did so. I looked at the seat. Not stained. I had to find Eben's mom. She was the female I could confide in now.

"Is it painful?" Eben asked.

"Painful? The bleeding hurts?" I was lifted off the ground by Buchi and carried out off the room.

"Put me down," I said. "Where are you taking me to?" I asked when I saw him going to the front door.

"Hospital."

"Stop. I'm okay. It's normal."

"It's blood. And it hurts. Let's go see a doctor. " I kicked Buchi's leg and he put me down. I adjusted the jacket.  I'll have to wash it thoroughly.

"She has cramps." Eben put his palms on my stomach as he rubbed it gently. It alleviated the pain a little.  "Does it still hurt?"

"Not as much." Buchi pushed him away at my response and took over with the rubbing.

"I'll do it myself." He said.

"What's happening? Is anything wrong?" I heard auntie Emerald's voice. She walked towards us wearing an apron over her dress. She was in the kitchen.

I felt embarrassed at her question. "Mom, it's...erm..." Eben's fair face would burn up at how red it was. He was embarrassed too.

"It's my time of the month," I said. She stayed quiet for a moment before she pulled me away with her.

"You aren't with sanitary pads are you?" I nodded admiring her accent for a while. She had this white accent she got from living abroad since she was young. But it was fading now.  She had lived in Nigeria since her university days, mom told me. Her accent didn't stand out much. "Do you use a specific brand?" She asked.  I shook my head.

We went into a guest room. She left me there and came back after a while holding a pack of sanitary pads, a change of clothes and a towel. "Go and bathe."

"Aunty thank you." I smiled at her. I wanted to get rid of the uncomfortable feeling.

***

☆Eben

"Jordan she's fine. It's normal. She's not a child anymore." He had been looking in the direction she went with mom.

"You think I don't know that?"

"Then relax. You look like a man whose wife is in labour." Jordan glared at me before rolling his eyes.

"Whatever."

"Jordan," mom walked towards us. "She's coming. Come help me in the kitchen." I saw his eyes brighten as he followed mom enthusiastically. I sighed.  This guy was attached to my mom a bit.

He loved following her around. When we were eleven or so, he told me that his mom was his crush. What the fuck!!! I punched his face and it ended up in a serious fight. I got new glasses. I followed them to the kitchen. My dad was returning so mom was cooking herself.

Also, my elder sister. I missed her a lot. I haven't seen her since she got married.  A marriage I'm not happy with. Not one bit. "Aunty,  don't ruin your fingers. I'll cut the vegetables myself," Jordan said collecting the knife from my mom.

Mom smiled. "You're such a sweet boy." Her accent stood out a bit.  "Let me do it." She said   I leaned by the door and watched as the maids did the rest while mom and Jordan kept bantering on who would cut the vegetables. Jordan won.

"His wife is so lucky." Mom said walking towards me. "I wish you were more like him in helping out."

I rolled my eyes. "Don't I help out mom?" She scoffed and looked at my hand.

"Take that phone out of here. Don't I help out?" She said mockingly.  I turned to leave while snickering at her expression.

"Eben." I bumped into Chioma. She had a change of clothes.

"Wait here " I went to the kitchen to bring what I asked a maid to prepare for me. I came back holding a mug. U gave it to her. "Ginger water. It'll reduce the pain."

"Thanks. " She took it from me. "You're such a good friend." I clenched my fists. Friend.  How can I find my way into your heart?

"It's hot. Be careful." We walked back to my room together. She made herself comfortable on my bed.

"Do you want to do something? I'm bored."

"Like?"

"Talk. So, I'm curious. How was your first time like." I widened my eyes.

"Why are you asking?"

"Hey,  I said I'm curious. " I sighed. I wasn't a virgin. Most of the guys my age weren't. But that wasn't why I had sex. It was at a friend's party.  I got drunk and hooked up with a girl there. To be honest, I had the time of my life.  Though I regretted it later. The girl I wanted was Chioma.

"You'll know when you grow up. You're still a child." I said patting her hair.

"I'm seventeen.  You're seventeen." I smiled at her protest.

"I'll be eighteen next month," I said. She stuck her tongue out to me.

"Just tell."

I heard knocking on my door. A maid stepped in. "Young Master, the master is home and requests for you." I nodded and dismissed her.

"Eben?" Chioma's voice showed concern.  "Tell him about it. No need to force you."

"He refuses. The man is too controlling. I just want to take away all his power."

My dad was arranging an engagement for me for business purposes. He had been pestering me for months. Mom did not have a say where he was. He loved her but he preferred it if she didn't interfere in his business. "You sound like a tyrant Eben." I smiled.  "A power-hungry one."

"I'll be back soon." I was only waiting for that e-mail. If I got it'd be easy to make dad hand power to me faster. Wouldn't that be great? Setting up a company abroad was stressful though, especially when you don't see it often. I don't even know what tricks my manager is up to. He hasn't contacted me for three weeks.  I'd get back to him.

I knocked on the door of dad's study as knew that was where he'd be. Workaholic.  I entered. "Dad," I said in a monotonous voice.  He looked up from the papers he was reading.

"Dad?" He asked with a scowl. "Is that how you greet your old man?"

"Welcome home Dad," I said dryly.

"With that tone of voice? Edikan, don't make me."

I smiled widely. "Welcome, dad. You have no idea how happy I am to see you here. I'm so excited." I said faking my excitement while my voice dripped with sarcasm.

"Wow, I'm happy to see you too, son." He narrowed his eyes. "Now sit!" I obeyed him.

"Why am I here?"

"Edikan, at least pretend that you are happy with me." He addressed me by my native name.

I scoffed. "Why should I? When all you've done is make me unhappy." He sighed then passed me an envelope.  "What's this? One of your business deals?" I collected ut and tore open the seal.

My eyes scanned through. It was a contract. A contract for the... "Ha!" I laughed in anger. "You finally brought it? You want to finalise the marriage agreement?" I rose from my seat. "Dad there's no way I'd marry a girl I don't know. No fucking way!"

"Mind your words when you talk to me," Dad said. "And don't you dare raise your voice at me."

"I don't want to get engaged. I will choose my wife."

"You will do as I say."

"No, I will not," I refused.  He couldn't control me all the time.

"Edikan!!" He raised his voice.

"Dad!" I was angry. "Do you hate me? Why do you always want to make me unhappy? First an arranged marriage for my sister. Now me? Did you see where that left your daughter?

A loveless marriage. Do you also want that for me?" He sighed.

"Edikan...I."

"Dad." I softened my voice. "Please, let me choose my wife."

"You're my heir. You have to stabilise your position as early as possible."

"I'll be fine, dad. No one would dare do anything."

"This is all about her right?" He suddenly asked. "About Chioma." He knew. "You have feelings for her."

"Yes. I want her."

"She doesn't like you that way."

"It's a matter of time," I said while adjusting my glasses.

"Ic she finds someone else-"

"Stop." I didn't want to hear any of that.

"Don't fall too deeply. You aren't that girl's type. She sees you as a friend."

"Dad. Just encourage me okay? And cancel the engagement. It's not needed." I said. "I'm leaving." I turned to leave.

"I haven't told you to go, have I?" His expression was livid. I froze. Then suddenly he smiled like he wasn't fuming seconds ago. "You may go." I left. Funny how he changes expressions in a matter of seconds.  Funny how I could do that too.

I didn't edit this chapter so that I could publish it at Midnight O'clock.  Well, it's edited now. Happy New Month guys. Thanks for all your support. ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
❤❤❤❤❤❤

How was this Chapter? Tell me what you think. Please vote, comment and share. Even if it's an emoji. I'll appreciate it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 389 45
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒔 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒔. 𝑰𝒕 𝒍𝒖𝒓𝒌𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆...
23.5K 8.2K 57
"𝐖𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐩𝐮𝐳𝐳𝐥𝐞 𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬; 𝐰...
176K 41.7K 70
"If I tell you I am in love with you, how will you react? " he leaned close to me. Hmm... I could faint, jump in excitement, cry, run away, hug him...
14.4K 4.3K 67
She is beautiful. He is handsome. She is rich and kind. He is wealthy and arrogant. She believes in love and finding her soulmate. He hates love and...