Burning Down | Harry Potter

By narcissablacc

~Where dwell the brave at heart, their daring, nerve and chivalry sets a Gryffindor apart~ What if there was... More

Announcement
Prologue
00.
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
~Cordelia Black~
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37. (Important)
Act II
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
Act III
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
79 (II)
80

45.

3.9K 168 21
By narcissablacc

Cordelia, Remus and Sirius avoided talking about the boggart incident.

Remus did try and speak to Cordelia about it but the girl wouldn't utter a word when he brought it up.

A few, who had heard her scream did ask what the problem but the three brushed it off saying it was a big spider.

Cordelia had been avoiding the topmost floor for the past week. Constantly reminding herself that it was only a boggart and her father or grandfather would have never wanted for her to be a part of the cult.

"I shall be the one to mark you, who did you think the dark Lord was? If not me? You stupid girl! A disgrace. Gryffindors get punished. Look at the filthy werewolf! You shall be next" the voice rasped, it was almost as it the person was hissing rather than speaking.

Red eyes and snake like skin, but Cordelia dropped her wand when she recognised the horrible figure. It was partially her dad and part Voldermot.

"Crucio!"

Grey eyes snapped open, the pupils contracting due to the little light that the night lamp provided.

Cordelia had been more quiet than usual. No melting down, albeit she did ask Remus if she could go back to Lurgashall. But was denied every time.

Now, Cordelia did receive a few owls from Narcissa and Draco, which made people, specially the Weasley's give her dirty looks.

But this owl seemed different. No, the owl was same but the box he had had different assortment of sweets and cakes.

It was a bit shabby, how everything was put together which gave her the idea that it was from Draco.

It was very early in the morning.

Cordelia took the letter and the box from the owl, giving him a few treats before it flew away.

"Would you like some breakfast?" Molly questioned with a tight smile.

Cordelia shook her head and moved to her room.

The letter was short but it made Lia's heart rate speed up.

Potter might just get a kiss

How are you and the firebolt?

-Draco

Cordelia went over the words a few times before quickly walking down and in the kitchen where the fire place was lit up and threw the letter in it.

Her hands shaking slightly.

Turning around she saw Remus, Sirius, Molly, Ron, Hermione and the twins.

"When is Ha- Potter coming here?" She quickly blurted out.

"Why?" Sirius eyed her and the fire, where the letter had now turned into ashes.

"Because isn't Voldermot after him? Shouldn't he be somewhere safe?" Lia retorted back.

"What do you care?" Ron asked accusingly.

Cordelia clenched her fists before staring blankly at Remus, waiting for an answer.

"I don't know. Dumbledore didn't say anything....." he trailed off.

"FUCK WHAT DUMBLEDORE SAYS!" She quickly left the kitchen.

"Language!" She heard Remus shout behind her and Kreature chose the exact moment to  swing the curtain to the portrait open.

"FILTHY HALF-BREED!"

"SHUT UP! SHUT UP!" This shut everyone one.

"HE'S NOT A FILTHY HALF-BREED. HE IS MY GUARDIAN GRANDMOTHER DEAREST! BECAUSE NO ONE WAS QUICK ENOUGH TO ARRIVE WHEN YOU BLOODY DIED!" Lia yelled, her chest heaving.

"You Traitor! What would your father say! What must he be thinking!"

"Do me a favour and go ask him for yourself!" Lia snarled before ripping the curtains shut and walking upstairs.

Remus followed behind, while the others were a bit stunned.

Sirius eyed the fireplace suspiciously.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He questioned upon entering the room after her.

"Nothing." Lia stated as she started packing her clothes in her trunk.

"Lia! What are you doing?" He questioned surprised.

"Listen to me, what are you doing?!" He grabbed her shoulders and spun her around.

Lia immediately swatted away his hands and glared at him, "I don't need you babysitting me! I want out of this place and right now!" She fumed.

It was so messed up! If only Harry had been brought over early! If only the Malfoy's were not after him like they were!

If only he wasn't her soulmate or better if only she could stand with and beside him completely.

If only she had someone to talk to. Not just a few things but everything. Both the sides without that person having to do anything with the Order or the Death Eaters!

If only she died rather than the people around her....

"You're not going anywhere. You can't!" Remus tried to reason.

"Why!"

"Because you're safe here and-"

"I don't think you're that naive Remus!" Lia jabbed a finger towards him, "Say do you deny that I'll be more in danger than safe if I'm seen with someone from the Order or rather one of Dumbledore's pawn. I'd be safer if it was only me walking down a street because one- I'm a pureblood, secondly I'm a Black, who is not a part of the Order, thirdly I have Narcissa for my godmother. So tell me, where am I safer?" She quizzed.

"I- look I get it, but what happened all of a sudden?" He questioned, not losing his calm.

"All of a sudden you say" Lia scoffed.

"You're not going anywhere" he stated firmly.

"Says who!" Lia yelled.

"Me!" Remus yelled back.

"Try me" she stated glaring back, not bothering with the trunk and walking down the stairs and towards the door.

"Stop!"

Just as Lia's hand touched the lock, she was pulled back as an arm circles around her waist.

"Let go!" She trashed in the grip.

"Sorry can't do kid" it was Bill Weasley.

He placed her when they reached the living room.

"To your room. And not anywhere else" Remus stated very sternly.

Lia balled her palms into fists and gritted her teeth as she stared at Remus when suddenly the glasses of the cupboards behind him shattered making a few people shriek at the unexpected violence.

"DORA!" Remus yelled.

Sirius pulled the girl from the living room and nudged her towards the steps, making her move up with heavy steps.

Lia had Mipsy lock the door so that no one could enter. She refused to eat anything or come downstairs and soon enough, Billy, who was eavesdropping for her came back with the news that Harry had been expelled for using the patronus spell in the presence of a muggle.

Lia was glad to hear that he didn't get his soul sucked and was fast enough to use the spell.

"Thank you Billy" she thanked him.

Billy kept her informed about everything that was happening downstairs. Making her frown when she heard that Remus was going to be rescuing Harry.

But didn't move out of the room.

Cordelia ordered Billy and Mipsy to help Molly.

The two came back with everything that happened downstairs, making Lia glad that she had two of the most clever house elves.

Lia scoffed when Mipsy was telling her how Molly kept dragging James into a conversation to try and shut Sirius up.

It was funny how she acted like they all cared for Harry for him being simply Harry and not the boy-who-lived.

As if.....

-

Harry's eyes snapped opened after the dream. He sat up in his bed, Ron lay sound asleep in his bed next to him. Snoring loudly.

Harry heard soft footsteps moving outside his room and what seemed like moving downstairs.

He picked his wand and slowly opened the door of the room he had been staying in.

Walking downstairs and towards the kitchen where the light was on, he felt his mark beginning to tingle, making him sigh and smile softly.

Moving towards the kitchen he was the familiar head of dark hair, his hands itched to run through them.

He inhaled sharply when he saw Cordelia turn around, she was wearing what he assumed was a night dress.

It was white with blue swirls on it, it had a V neck, with strings around it. The dress reached her mid-thigh. The sleeves were sheer full sleeves.

She looked simply breathtaking.

"Cordelia" Harry whispered moving towards her slowly.

"Harry" she whispered back, tilting her head a bit when Harry neared her.

"You're here" he whispered, his breath fanning her face.

"Of course I am, it's my house Pot-" she was cut off by Harry hugging her to himself.

Lia coiled her arms around his chest, hugging him tightly as well.

"I'm so glad you're safe" she mumbled in his t-shirt.

"I'm glad too" Harry chuckled lightly but didn't let go.

Harry felt Lia burying her face in his chest, making him look down to see her face slightly red as she held a hand up to cover her face, her body shaking as she cried softly.

"That sad to see me huh?" He questioned hugging her tighter.

"I was so scared" she told him, making him smile vanish, for he was expecting a sarcastic reply.

"Why? You're the one who scared us all. Going after the him, what were you thinking?" He began to lightly scold her but stopped when he realised that the timing was wrong.

Lia only hid her face further in his chest, a few tears getting soaked up in his t-shirt.

"What..... did something happen?" He questioned as he sat her down on a chair, kneeling in front of her. Her soft hands in his palms.

Lia shook her head as she tried to control her breathing.

"You know you can tell me anything love" Harry brushed a few hair back and rubbed her hair softly.

"I've never felt this lonely and- and" she hiccupped, "-I'm so glad that you're okay and finally here" she enveloped him in a hug.

Harry was surprised to see her cry like this, he rubbed her back and held her against him, rubbing her head in a soothing manner.

"I'm glad I'm here too" he mumbled, kissing the side of her head, none of them feeling the blush rise in that moment.

Lia broke the hug slowly and gave him a long kiss on the cheek. Harry's hands tightening around her waist.

"I was scared when I first saw you in the hospital-"

"Not now" Lia placed a finger on Harry's lips, quieting him.

The two stared at each other, their foreheads pressed together.

"You should be sleeping" her breath fanned his face, but Harry didn't mind. Neither did Lia.

"I'd rather be here. With you" he breathed back.

"But I'm sleepy" she chuckled softly, making Harry smile.

"Then let's sleep"

But the two didn't move. Staying near each other. Both of them itching to just kiss the other. But were too shy and exhausted.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 56.3K 115
π‰π”ππˆππ„π‘ π‹π˜π‘π€ ππ‹π€π‚πŠ, born to Lyra Potter and Regulus Black, is Harry's older cousin, 1/3 of the Prankers Trio and niece to mass murder...
2.5K 78 23
Everyone saw me as perfect, I always had been my whole life. I was Regulus Black, I was raised to be perfect. I was everything that my parents wanted...
2.6M 86.4K 153
philophobia-the fear of falling in love or becoming emotionally connected to someone... ~~~ This is a story you've heard before, passed down throu...
142K 5.7K 74
"You kissed Sirius," I sob. "I know, Cordelia." He whispers. "It's so horrible." "Yes, it is. I wish you hadn't had to see that," I rest my head agai...