Love or Game (Complete✅)

By Suk-24

#7 in revenge (12/10/2020) I am Nandini. Nandini Murthy. In 22, I am a renowned interior designer. I have my... More

Copyright©
Declaration
Chapter 1- "First impression..."
Chapter 2- "Two lives..many secrets..."
Chapter 3- "The kiss quotient..."
Chapter 4 - "The vow..."
Chapter 5- "Untamed heart..."
Chapter 6 - "The thing called love..."
Chapter 7- "Mind, heart and secrets..."
Chapter 8 - "The magical words..."
Chapter 9 - "Demons of past..."
Chapter 10 - "The perfect storm..."
Chapter 11 - "Into the wild..."
Chapter 12- "Tom and Jerry.."
Chapter 13 - "Pursuit of happiness..."
Chapter 14 - "Meeting the would-be..."
Chapter 15 - "Impression and suspicion..."
Chapter 16 - "The rupture..."
Important
Chapter- 17 "The bitter love..."
❤Upcoming Books❤
Chapter 18- "Love-hate game..."
Chapter - 19 "I don't wanna make love to you..."
Chapter 20 - "The damnation..."
Chapter 21 - "Back to the track..."
Chapter 22 - "Final curtain..."
Chapter 23- "Nandini promise..."
Chapter 24 - "Burn the happiness..."
Chapter 25 - "The mysterious letter..."
👉Announcement👈
Chapter 26- " Satiric destiny..."
Chapter 27 - "Unhealed wound..."
🤗❤New story alert❤🤗
Chapter 28 -"Last piece of the puzzle..."
👉Story promotion👈
Chapter 29 - "The divergence..."
📚Launch of new book📚
Chapter 30 - "The moonlight tryst..."
👉Note👈
Chapter 31 - "The unsaid goodbye..."
🤗New story🤗
Chapter 32 - "Forget me not..."
😞Highly Disappointed😞
😁Wait is over😁
Chapter 33 - "Prisoners of past..."
🎭Wait is over🎭
Chapter 34 - "Their worlds..."
Chapter - 35 "Catch-22"
Chapter 36 - "God's intention..."
Chapter 37 - "New city..new brush..."
Chapter 38 - "Captain America..."
Chapter 39 - "U-turn..."
Chapter 40 - "The parched heart..."
Chapter 41 - "A new dawn..."
Chapter 42 - "Signs of past..."
Chapter 43 - "Inside out..."
📕Newly published book📕
Chapter 44 - "Blood bond..."
Chapter 45 - "It sets in my heart..."
🤗Wait is over🤗
Chapter 47 - "She is in danger..."
Chapter 48 - "Shining armour..."
Chapter 49- "Sincerity of love..."
Chapter 50 - "The third angle..."
Chapter 51 - "Proof of love..."
Chapter 52 - "Dispute with destiny..."
📢Shoutout📢
Chapter 53- "An invitation..."
Chapter 54- "Broken love..."
Chapter 55 - "Before it's too late..."
😉Offer😉
Chapter 56 - "New confidant..."
Chapter 57- "Homecoming..."
Chater 58- "Painful adiós..."
Chapter 59- "Reunion..."
Epilogue- "Love, sacrifice and destination..."
🙏Reader's sweet review🙏

Chapter 46 - "The turmoil...inside out..."

1.3K 200 47
By Suk-24

Maan is nestling to my chest. His tiny frame is engulfed in my protective arms. My buddle of joy is peacefully sleeping. I yank him closer and sob out,

"I am sorry, Munchkin. I didn't want to utter those words for you. You are my life, my world. I just hate your father, my baby. I loved him so much and he broke my heart so mercilessly. But why it still hurts to see him in pain. Why it is so difficult to see tears in his eyes. He destroyed my everything but he gave me you and I am thankful to him for that. I will never let him take you away from me."

I osculate on my baby's silky hair and continue mumbling,

"For that, if needed I will leave this place too. I will take you away from his reach."

As the thought strikes my mind, I carefully withdraw myself from his grip and get down from the bed. I need to talk to Mr Morrone. I can't continue with his company. If I don't leave Salvador then my past won't leave me ever. I come to my desk and open the laptop. I have to send my resignation letter to my company. Only then, a deafening thunderbolt shatters the silence of the night. I flinch in fear. Since my childhood, I am scared of lighting and thunder. Again, the lighting cracks the sky making me shiver in dread. I rush towards my bedroom. Maan is alone and the sound may awake him. Only then, lighting again brightens the outside darkness and something catches my baffled eyes. I saunter to the window and stress my eyes to be sure what I have seen just a minute ago. I rest my palm on the windowpane and near my eyes to the glass. At this moment, I want the light again and God heard my prayer. The darkness of the night gets pierced by the lightning along with the earth-shattering roar. Simultaneously, the rain starts and crashes on the glass window. My eyes locate the silhouette standing outside of the fence. The sky is again cracked by the thunderstrike and this time I can recognise the human shadow. It's Manik, standing still amidst the storm. The heaven's drum again roars. He is drenched and completely soaked in the shower. I can't see his face clearly but I know it's emotionless and void of any feelings. Something lamps my throat.

"He is in pain. He needs you."

My inner Goddess whispers in my ears.

"But I don't need him."

My obstinate mind counters. I step back with a jerk from the window.

"I don't care....I don't care you live or die."

I forcefully mumble and storm to my bedroom. Maan is still sleeping. My baby. My Jaan. I lie down beside him, holding him in my arms.

"Please go away...please go away..."

I continuously sob out. I don't know when I fell asleep and how long the storm and thundershower continued. Suddenly a violent bang at my door makes me open my eyes with a jerk. Knock....knock...again the clattering sound brings my full sense back. Is it Manik? My sceptic mind alerts me. I sit squarely on the bed. Maan stirs in his sleep. I pat his back to make him comfortable. KNOCK...KNOCK...KNOCK...this time the sound is more restless. My heart sinks for a moment. No...I won't open the door.

"Nandini....Abre la puerta (Open the door)

Carlos's restless voice breaks my reverie. I immediately get down from the bed and rush to the main door. It's still raining but the intensity has decreased. I open the door. A gust of moist wind hits my face.

"Un homre yace fuera de la puerta de la letrina." (A man is lying outside of the outhouse gate) "No se si el esta vivo o muerto." (I don't know if he is alive or dead)

Carlos worriedly narrates. For a fraction of a second, I find my voice lost and mind numb.

"Calida no está en casa." (Calida is not at home) "No se que hacer." (I don't know what to do) "¿Debo llamar a la policía?" (Should I call the police?)

Carlos sounds too much perplexed and his query brings my lost voice back.

"Déjeme ver. Podemos llamar a la polocía más tarde." (Let me see. We can call the police later.)

Carlos cocks his head in approval. I tighten the strap of my nightrobe and steps out to head to the main gate. The storm has lost its vigour, still, the wind is cold and piercing. My heart is throbbing in anticipation. Tears prick my blurred eyes. Why it is so difficult to become emotionless. We reach the outhouse gate. A man is lying on his stomach. He is tall and well-built, wearing the same blazer and pant that Manik was wearing when I came out from the hotel room. Now, there is no chance of any mistake. My mind leaves the last hope. Unknowingly a snivel escapes my mouth.

"Ma...nik..."

My voice cracks in middle.

.............................................

"There's a place in your heart where

Nobody's been; take me there...."

I don't know how long I was walking along the deserted bleak roads of the city suburb. The sky is not starry nor bright with the moonglow. It's gloomy and enshrouded with a rain cloud. I know it's going to pour and I am thirsting for that.

"I always like walking in the rain, so no one can see me crying in pain."

I murmur the famous quote. I have never felt so void and apathetic. Nandini's words are slashing my heart without respite,

"He is a rape child and a rape child doesn't have any father."

Maan's innocent face comes vividly in front of my eyes. The drizzling starts and settles on my lashes. I don't know when I reach Nandini's place. The outhouse is gloomily standing amidst the darkness. She must have slept with her buddle of joy. Her son. I am sacred of calling him ours. He doesn't have any father. Not like me for sure. Suddenly the intensity of the rain increases and a bolt of blinding lightning cracks the pitch-black sky. I stand in front of the fence gate like an uninvited guest. I want to break this barrier but I have lost the strength and due. The thunderbolt strikes a nearby tree, making me blind and deaf for a moment. I know this storm can swipe me out anytime but it's still not as wild as I keep it inside. I am gazing at the outhouse window glass with a ravenous heart. It's like hope beyond hope. Did I see her scared face behind the misty glass or it's a mirage? I am feeling cold and numb. The hailstorm is mercilessly playing with my body. I claw the wooden frame of the gate and slowly kneel on the ground. The gust and rain lash my skin and clothes. Suddenly a deafening roar again accompanies the whooshing sound of the rain. That was the last feeling I felt that night before collapsing in front of the gate. It was peaceful and soothing.

"How can I love someone new,

When every night I dream of you?"

I close my eyes keeping her smiling face in them. I love you Nandini...though I don't deserve you.

.................................................

"Because of drenching in the rain for a long time, he has a fever. His pulse is weak too. But don't worry. He will be alright if he takes rest. Be careful about cold. He shouldn't be exposed to a cold atmosphere. Then it can turn to pneumonia."

The Dr explains in detail. I glance at Manik who is now peacefully lying on my bed. I had to introduce him as my relative to Carlos to avoid police interference. I hope Manik will get well very soon and leave this place before Calida comes. She knows him very well and I never told her that Manik is anyhow related to me.

"Can we shift him to his place? I mean...I may not take proper care of him. This is my workplace and I often remain out of the house."

I try to place my inconvenience.

"It can be but not for now. He needs attendance and care. I would suggest you keep him here only. After 3-4 days, he can get back to his place. No problem in that."

Dr Davies turns down my query. Carlos might observe my expression. He intervenes,

"Nandini...don't worry about the attendance and care. El puede quedarse en nuestra casa." (He can stay at our house) Calida vendrá mañana." (Calida will come by tomorrow)

"That exactly I don't want. It will create plenty of complications."

I mumble in my mind. The Dr leaves after making me understand about the medicines. Carlos also leaves after assuring Manik's shifting to his main house. It's around 7 am. I and Carlos were awake for the entire night. I changed Manik's clothes to Carlos borrowed night suit. He is looking like a cute menace right now. I frown at him. Drama king...moron...Always comes to trouble me. Maan is still sleeping in his small cot as I had to lie down Manik in my bed. Due to waking up all night, my temples are throbbing. I need to take a pill. I grab my bag and thrust my hand inside it. Only then, a packet touches my fingers and I take it out. The sight makes me utter disappointedly,

"Shit...how could I forget?"

Author's note: Will Nandini take care of Manik? Will he stay at her place or leave? What did Nandini find in her bag? 🤔🤔How will Calida react to seeing Manik at Nandini's place?🙄 Will it create more complications?😳 To know all these, keep reading. ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 14.9K 31
#On NO 1 in short stories 28/may/2017 & 1/march 2018 #On no 2 in short story on 13/may/2017# on no 3 in short stories on 9/may/2017 What do you do w...
909K 57.4K 64
INTRODUCING Manik malhotra~asias no.1 youngest business tycoon..age 26 yrs..winning businessman of the year awards frm past 3 yrs..mood switches...so...
62.9K 5.9K 59
CAN BE READ AS GENERAL FICTION TOO A happy family was destroyed to pieces that night!! Years went by....but no one discovered the secret...maybe no o...
359K 26.5K 32
Mrs. Nandini Deshpande had a perfect life-a loving and caring husband and a family, who she wasn't directly related to, but who cared for her like th...