Bitter sweet- TDI

By Midnight_Cure

-In the end, I want to win more than ever, and there's nothing on this island to stop me. While stuck on an i... More

Not so happy campers 1 (1/2) ✅
Not so happy campers 1 (2/2) ✅
Not so happy campers 2 (1/2)✅
Not so happy campers 2 (2/2)✅
Big sleep (1/2)✅
Big sleep (2/2)✅
Dodgebrawl (1/2)✅
Dodgebrawl (2/2)✅
Not quite famous (1/2)✅
Not quite famous (2/2)✅
The Sucky Outdoors (1/2)✅
The Sucky Outdoors (2/2)✅
Phobia Factor (1/2)✅
Phobia Factor (2/2)✅
Up the creek (1/1)✅
Up the creek (2/2)✅
Paintball Deer Hunter (1/2)✅
Paintball Deer Hunter (2/2)✅
If you can't take the heat (1/2)✅
If you can't take the heat (2/2)✅
Who can you trust (1/2)✅
Who can you trust (2/2)✅
Basic Straining (1/3)✅
Basic Straining (2/3)✅
Basic Straining (3/3)✅
What happened afterward?✅
No pain, no game (1/2)✅
No pain, no game (2/2)✅
Search and Do Not Destroy (1/3)✅
Search and Do Not Destroy (2/3)✅
Search and Do Not Destroy (3/3)✅
Hide and Be Sneaky (2/2)✅
That's off the chain (1/2)✅
That's off the chain (2/2)✅
Hook, Line, and Screamer (1/2)✅
Hook, Line, and Screamer (2/2)✅
Wawanakwa Gone Wild (1/2)✅
Wawanakwa Gone Wild (2/2)✅
Trial by Tri-Armed Triathlon (1/2)✅
Trial by Tri-Armed Triathlon (2/3)✅
Trial by Tri-Armed Triathlon (3/3)✅
Haute Camp-ture✅
Camp Castaways (1/3)✅
Camp Castaways (2/3)✅
Camp Castaways (3/3)✅
I Triple Dog Dare You (1/2)✅
I Triple Dog Dare You (2/2)✅
The Very Last Episode Really (1/2)✅
The Very Last Episode Really (2/2)✅

Hide and Be Sneaky (1/2)✅

373 12 2
By Midnight_Cure

Previously on Total Drama Island

Owen got eliminated after he decided to comply with Heather.

Conflicts ceased.

And Geoff confessed to Alexandra, guess what she said yes.

It's early morning. I'm sitting with Geoff on the pier. I smoothly play with the strings of my guitar, creating a soft tune, while he's repairing his hat, that got torn last night.

-Can you sing to me?- He asks suddenly, making me blush.

-If you want. I'm anxious about my voice sometimes.

-Why?

-I was the worst at singing classes.- I confess embarrassed.

-For me, you're the best singer ever, because you're genuine in that.- He smiles.- I fail almost all my math exams. Do you have a singing mentor?

-I always wanted to sing like my mom.- I smile.

-I'm sure she's proud of you.

-I hope she is, wherever she is. She died two years, ago. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier. Do you still want to be with me?

-Of course, I do. It changes nothing.- He smiles.

-Someone people think that kids from incomplete families are not capable of love.- He turns my face in his direction.

-Alexandra, I see this spark in you and whatever you decide to do with it will be amazing. Whether you sing, paint, or dance. You're perfect the way you are.- He kisses my forehead.

I pluck up my courage and think of my music choice.

And I never want you to leave

when you're here I just wanna believe

you and me, we've got all the right reasons

and baby I, think I'm catching feelings

and your smile could light up the world

and I don't want any other boy

you and me, we've got all the right reasons

and baby I, think I'm catching feelings

-You're so sweet, I wish I also had musical talent, so I could write songs about you. I know you love the songs from Trent so much- Geoff sighs.

-No need, I actually feed on opinions, not musicians themselves. I love when people have strong opinions. I want to suck in all these smart things they have to say like a sponge. Every story I hear is valuable to me.- I say to Geoff.

-Like did you know, that Vincent Van Gogh used to eat yellow paint? Many people thought he was mad or stupid for doing so because the paint was toxic. If he was so unhappy that even the maddest idea could possibly work, like painting his internal organs yellow, I don't see why not. It's no different than taking drugs or falling in love. There is a greater risk of getting your heart broken or overdosing, but people still do it, because there is always a chance it will make things better. Everyone has their yellow paint. - I carried on.

-Yellow is your favorite color, isn't it?- Geoff looks at me- You talk about it often.

-I like the idea of yellow. Do you know what is synesthesia?

-No...

-For instance, when I think of yellow, I feel warmth around me. One sensory or cognitive pathway leads to involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway. I like the feeling yellow gives me, but it's not my favorite color. I prefer blue or purple, maybe.

-Guess, mine.- He smiles encouragingly.

-Green.- I pipe up excitedly.

-Wow, you got it.- He ruffles my hair.- When I think of green I think of happiness and calmness. I have a green wall in my room.

Confessional

Geoff: She guessed my favorite color first try... but between you and me... I didn't even have a favorite color until she said green! She was hella excited and smiling like a kid. So, I told her she was right, and I haven't seen green the same ever since. I could probably live in it now.

Cut to the canteen

I walk into the canteen with Geoff, holding hands. Everyone turns to look at us. Heather spits her drink. She wasn't there yesterday to find out about our relationship.

Confessional

Heather: That's just too much! Everyone knows that boyfriend-girlfriend is just another way to say "alliance". And my alliance is gonna be the only alliance on this island!

We sit next to each other, Leshawna on my right. She nudges me with a smirk, and I can't help but blush.

-I'll get you a tea, sugar.- Geoff kisses my cheek and wanders off.

-Everything is fine then.- Leshawna starts a conversation.

-Seems like it.- I smile.- Check this out. - I show her the photos, I made this morning with Geoff.

-Aww, that's proper cute.

-Let me see.- Bridgette comes over. They start to check all the photos but stop at one that wasn't supposed to be there.

-Who is it?- Leshawna hands me a photo.

It's my parent's photo from their wedding. It must have slipped into that pile accidentally when I was packing things into my bag today. I take the photo and gaze at it thoughtfully, getting stuck in my mind like I always do.

-Of course, they are her parents, can't you see the similarities?- Duncan appears suddenly behind us.

-How did you know?- I send him a wary look.

-You're similar to your mom. You have the same eyes and smile.

-Dad says it too. You look at the world with those inquiring eyes of her, looking for a sense in nonsense. You were born with it, eyes that have always seen the wonder in everything.

-Kinda harsh.- Duncan comments.

-He's definitely more practical. He never understood mom's passion. He doesn't get mine either. To be fair, no one feels my vibe the way I want, except Porter.

-Hey, we do. We're your friends.

-Thanks, but I know it's not true. You accept it but don't feel it. You find it new, interesting, and mesmerizing, but do you relate to it? I know you don't. Little things you don't even notice, tell more than your words.

Confessional

Alexandra: They call me observant, but it's not necessarily true. It's easy to read people. We bleed emotion even in the way we drink our coffee. No one seems to notice though. They're all too busy drinking their damn coffee.

Leshawna: She's kind of right, I guess...

Duncan: When we were getting to know each other, I think I was too harsh. I listened, but she's right I never tried to understand. It was vague and fake, and you can't go with fake unnoticed next to Alexandra.

-And here's a tea for my beautiful lady.- Geoff squeezes in next to me.

I offer him a thankful smile and take a sip from a mug. I furrow my brows and turn to him.

-Geoffy, I don't sugar my tea nor my coffee. I told you before a few times.

-Oh no, sorry! How could I forget? I'll make another cup for you, k?- He takes my hand.

-Actually, I made one for her like I always do. It's our morning routine, I got used to, so here you go. - Trent gives me a cup of warm tea. A familiar aroma fills my nostrils, making me smile.

-Earl Grey with the addition of lemon?- I ask.

-Close, it's with orange. It's good to get you going in the morning.- He smiles.

-Thanks, Trent.

-Hmph.- Geoff glares at Trent from a seat next to me.

-Don't overreact it's just tea. Trent is being nice. - I nudge him.

Confessional

Geoff: Am I overreacting, or do I have a valid reason to feel that way?! Yes, I'm jealous. Why? Because, she's beautiful, and I'm well me... I feel they know her better than I do. How can I fulfill her need for little things when Trent knows her better?

Trent: I know they are together, but can you blame me for having feelings for her? I can't just stop caring about her. Call me a hopeless romantic, but I feel Alex on a level I've never felt anyone else.

Heather: Interesting. A guy is insecure about losing his girl, only when he knows someone else could treat her better.

Cut to the challenge

-Today's challenge is a good old-fashioned game of hide-and-seek. You all get ten minutes to hide before Chef Hatchet comes looking for you. With his military background and an advanced degree in man-hunting, he's uniquely qualified to make this game excruciatingly hard.- Chris explains.

We are at the pier. Breakfast was awkward, because of the glares boys were sending toward each other, so I decided to sit with Chef and escape the tension. I could feel the pressure to say something, but what was the right thing to say in that situation? It's not the first time that kind of atmosphere can be felt, and the last time it led to the fight between Trent and Duncan.

-What's with the water gun?- Duncan points at Chef standing nearby.

-The lifeguard chair is home base. When he finds you, Chef will try to spray you. If you escape his blast, you can try to run to home base. But if he catches you on your way, he'll douse you.- Chris answers.

-Ooh, so we're gonna get splashed by a bit of water! Now I'm terrified!- Duncan laughs.

-Why don't you demonstrate, Chef?- Chris smiles mischievously.

Chef winks at me and splashes Chris.

-Not on me, dude!- Host exclaims.

-So how do we win this game?- Heather questions.

-You've got three options. One, don't get discovered in your hiding place. Two, run to home base before Chef blasts you. Three, once you've been caught, help Chef find other campers. Do any of those, and you win invincibility. Is it all clear?- Chris says.

-Uh...- Lindsay ponders.

-You get ten minutes to hide. Go!- Chris starts the challenge.

-Come on, Alexandra!- Geoff and Trent say at the same time.

-Hey, losers! She'd rather hide with me, professionalism in escaping the law and master in finding hiding spots.- Duncan smirks.

-No, no, and no. I'd rather hide alone that way, we draw less attention.- I say and leave them all behind.

Confessional

Alexandra: Silly me thinking that relationship will cease tension. It's even worse. I thought that once I'm taken by Geoff, this constant rivalry will end.

Geoff: Dude, did I do something wrong? I know I messed up a tea, but why she doesn't want to hide with me? I thought we can have some time together.

I wander off into the forest, thinking about where to hide. I end up on the glade, which Trent showed me. It's still full of flowers, and what I didn't notice the first time there are sunflowers in a corner. I know now where Geoff got them. I carefully move around the plants to don't leave any traces, once I make it to the center, where is the densest vegetation, I collect the flowers. I put them into notches of my sweater hair and use some hair slides and hair bands to put flowers on my legs. When I'm covered in flowers, I gladly plop down on the spot I took flowers from. I'm proud of my job, and I'm not planning on leaving this place any soon.

With boys

-Listen up, boys. We're in trouble. Okay? There are six chicks on the island and only four dudes.- Duncan starts.

They are all gathered in a cave. After Alexandra left, soon followed by screaming Lindsay, Leshawna, disgusted by the situation Heather, smirking Gwen and Bridgette, decided to head off together to sort the situation out.

-I know! Nice odds!- Geoff says.

- No, butt-brain! Bad odds. If I noticed it, chances are that sooner or later, they're gonna notice it too and when they do, they're gonna pick us off one by one. We've gotta do something about it.- Duncan swatted him.- Besides, you have a girlfriend.

-It's not like they're exactly getting along. Remember this morning?- DJ pointed out.

-Are we still talking about girls, or did we move to Alexandra and Geoff- Trent asks.

-Stop, spying on my relationship with Alexandra. We'll do just fine if you won't interfere.- Geoff huffs.

-Will you? I think differently. You're just scared her head can be turned.- Trent scoffs.

-No, you're the one who tries to steal MY girlfriend. She's MY girlfriend, not yours. She dumped you! -Geoff's anger grows with every word.

-Boys, we shouldn't argue. Remember why we came here.- DJ tries to stop them.

-Listen to, DJ. Let me tell you the truth about women. They're all sisters, and when push comes to shove, they're gonna stick together. Haven't you ever seen a chick flick before?- Duncan says.

-Alexandra would never go behind my back.- Geoff states.

-Alexandra is a very special chick, and one way or another, I want her around. -Duncan agrees.- Who said we have to target her?

-As much as I don't agree with you most of the time, I'm in.- Trent backs up Duncan.

-Well, yeah, but...-Geoff hesitates.

-Look, man, now's the time, while they don't see it coming. While we have the element of surprise.- Duncan insists.

-Jeez, I'm just not sure.- Geoff says.

-Why not? We told you it's not about eliminating Alexandra. What is wrong?- DJ asks.

-What about others? Like Bridgette...

-What does Bridgette has to do with it?- Trent asks.

-Well you know, she's kinda my friend...-Geoff scratches his neck.

-What are you hiding?- DJ inquiries.- Bad choice to lie in front of me.

-You're seriously taking her side. Did you forget you have the best chick in this show?- Duncan glares.

-I'm not taking her side. I was going to say about Leshawna and Gwen as well.

-Wake up! It's a competition, Romeo. We're saving Alexandra only because we all care about her, but forget about anything more.- Duncan states.

-You're either with us or against us.- Trent informs.

-Okay! Okay, okay! We'll form our alliance!- Geoff gives in.

-Good. Now that we're all agreed, guys unite and save our butts from elimination. All right, now clear out.- Duncan finishes.

-What?- Trent inquiries.

-I was here first, dude. This is my hiding spot.- Duncan explains.

They all exited the cave, not aware of Gwen, hearing every single word of their conversation.

Preview

Important information can't remain secret for long when Gwen decides to spread some gossip.

DJ spills the beans about some past events.

Who's going to win a challenge?

Find out next time on Total Drama Island!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 67 14
This total drama island where 23 instead of 22 contestants. The new contestant is a girl named Amanda and she is Duncan's biggest and most obsessive...
232 96 12
A new season of the most beloved reality show will begin! The old camper will meet again in a new island full of surprises. Who know what they will f...
34K 954 14
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 Y/N was accepted to the new season of Total Drama World Tour. A chance to win 1 million dollars. But as she stepped on the plane she...
4.4K 174 12
It all starts when 23 teenagers arrive at Camp Wawanakwa for eight weeks to compete in a new hit reality television show. The contestants are divided...