HIS PRIDE ⇀ Manjiro Sano

By IronNomad

"I don't know, It's nice to not be treated like some gang leader. It's nice to be treated like a normal guy."... More

Cast
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
CAST | 2
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
CAST || 3
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40

Part 11

2.3K 154 143
By IronNomad

"What do you mean!? Ken-chin he didn't do anything wrong! Why would he be arrested?" Mikey asked out, looking up at his best friend across the diner table. Draken took a deep breath before sighing, having his arm extended atop the booth seat.

"I never said he was arrested, Mikey-" Draken was saying calmly before he was interrupted once again.

"But you said police took him! Why didn't Mitsuya do anything? Why didn't Asahi?! He's as big as an adult anyways!" Mikey spoke, his voice rising more and more as he began to get more worried. Why today? He'd had this date in his mind since they planned it out a week ago. He was going to ask him out again at the end, just as he planned.

"Mikey, stop interrupting me dipshit! You won't learn anything from that! They said they just wanted to ask him some questions and then they'd take him home. He still wants to go on the date, nothings changed! He just might be late but he will still be there!" Draken explained causing the commander of Toman's eyes to slightly soften, nodding as he looked down at his kid's meal.

"There was nothing the two of them could do, you and I both know that. Now eat, I'm sure he'll be here soon. You brought your clothes with you, right?" Draken asked the boy about the clothes he'd helped him pick out. Mikey nodded, motioning to a small bag sitting next to him.

The two sat there eating their lunch in the diner that Mikey and Akira had agreed to meet to get food for their date, Mikey falling asleep nearly directly after eating, Draken shaking his head and opening up his phone to pass time.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

It'd been around fifteen minutes past the original start time for the date, Draken playing a boring game on his phone. The ding of the diner opening caused the boy to look up, Akira walking in wearing nice street clothes causing the boy to smile.

"Yo, Mikey," Draken spoke as he used his lanky leg to kick the sleeping boy lightly, waking him up.

"Mmm, more sleep," Mikey muttered out as Akira smiled at Draken, sliding into the booth next to the tall boy.

"You good?" Draken asked causing Akira to nod, leaning against the padded back of the seat.

"Things are about to get a lot weirder, that's for sure," Akira spoke causing Draken to shrug.

"Things have been getting weirder since you and Takemitchy showed up," Draken spoke causing Akira to raise an eyebrow as the corners of his mouth tilted up into a smirk.

"You love us, Ken-chin," Akira spoke, his smirk slightly changing the tone of his words. Draken rolled his eyes before sighing,

"Maybe," Draken spoke causing Akira to chuckle before looking at the blonde puff of hair poking up from under the table.

"You got him? Emma is driving me up a wall texting me." Draken spoke causing Akira to nod at the man, getting up from the booth to let him slide out. They dapped each other up before Draken walked out, grimacing down at his phone.

Akira smiled to himself as he walked towards the boy, coming fully around the table to find his hand resting on a book bag, the boy wearing a comfortable-looking set of sweats and a hoodie. The boy reached down, lightly tapping his feet.

"Hey, fun-sized..." Akira mumbled, Mikey's eyes opening at the sound of his crush's voice. He looked up, smiling tiredly at the black-haired boy who was dressed nicely, his hair sticking in different directions.

"Aki, you came," Mikey spoke, sitting up and looking at the boy while his tired smile still lingered on his face. Akira slightly frowned as he slid into the booth next to the boy, using his hands to tap against the tabletop. Did Mikey think he wouldn't come?

"Of course I came, idiot... Sorry, I'm late, on our first date too-" Akira was saying before he was cut off by the short boy, an excited voice coming from his throat.

"First?! Meaning you'll want more?" Mikey shouted, alarming the other patrons of the diner causing Akira's frown to do a complete flip, an amused smirk on his face.

"Let's get through this first date then we can plan our marriage, alright shorty?" Akira sarcastically spoke causing Mikey to lightly laugh, light shining off of his eyes. Akira had been told by Mitsuya that the blonde boy's eyes hadn't had life in them since the loss of his brother, but when he was around the black-haired boy.

"Okay, Azure, okay," Mikey spoke, calling the boy by his nickname once again causing the boys to smile to grow. Even after the craziness of the past few weeks, getting stabbed, finding out about his family, Mikey was still always in the forefront of his mind.

"I'm gonna go change, you're not gonna go get arrested again while I'm gone, are ya?" Mikey asked causing the boy to scoff playfully and shake his head, patting the blonde's hand with his own, a pink blush falling onto Mikey's face. The boy walked away, shrugging his backpack onto his back and walking towards the bathroom.

Akira, having time to himself, began to think back on what had happened that day. If you told him a month ago that he'd not only have another family, but be going on a date with the highest-ranking member of his school's gang, he would've called you insane.

His fingertips tapped nervously against the table as he looked down at the menu, deciding what he would want to take with him to the park on his date with Mikey. The boy settled on a hamburger with some fries, waiting for Mikey to come back.

"Okay, ready, handsome?" Mikey's voice asked, the word handsome awkwardly rolling out of his mouth causing Akira to look up, a small, teasing smirk on his face as he found Mikey walking towards him. He was wearing some nice joggers and a black and white jacket.

"Handsome, huh? Are you trying to flirt with me, Shortstuff?" Akira teased the boy causing a blush to rise to his face once again. Mikey scoffed as he slid into the booth, picking the menu up to decided what he wanted.

"Shut it... Ken-chin said it was a good idea." Mikey spoke, his voice quiet but still very distinctive to Akira. The black-haired boy smiled as he threw his arm over the shorter boy's shoulders, pulling him slightly close.

"Don't change for me, Ash. You're perfect as you are." Akira whispered into the blonde's ear causing the hair to stand up on the boy's arm as he held the menu. The boy was silently blushing as he stared holes through the menu, scanning words he'd already read over and over again to try to stay calm.

"Hi! Are you two eating in or carrying out?" The waitress asked, walking up to the table. Mikey still couldn't talk, why did he feel like this? His voice had been completely sucked from him by the one simple sentence. It wasn't a bad feeling either, his chest felt light, and his heartbeat quickly. Could he experience this for the rest of his life? What did he have to do to keep this inside of him?

"Carrying out, please. Whatcha want, Blonde?" Akira asked, lightly shaking the boy who was still insanely flustered. If you didn't know the boy, you wouldn't have ever guessed he was one of the most badass people in the prefecture. He looked like some star-struck kid meeting a celebrity.

"Can-Can I get an uh, kids burger please?" Mikey asked the waitress who chuckled as she nodded, noticing how embarrassed the boy was.

"Yeah, just a burger meal for me as well, please... Here ya go." Akira spoke, pulling some money that Asahi gave him for dinner, handing the waitress more than enough for the dinner. She graciously accepted it, telling them that she'd be back quickly.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

The two walked towards the park, Mikey munching on his burger as they walked. They walked through the cityscape of Tokyo, making their way towards the park that Mikey had picked out. Mikey had walked a bit ahead of the boy, telling him that it was to 'protect him' which the black-haired boy smiled at. An idea pinged in the boy's mind, smiling to himself as he took his phone out.

"Mikey," Akira spoke causing the boy to turn around, his burger in hand as he chewed on it. Akira raised his phone up and opened the camera app, snapping a picture of the boy.

"What was that for?" Mikey asked, food still in his mouth as Akira caught back up with the boy, wrapping his arm around his waist.

"I just thought you looked cute," Akira spoke, a small smile on his face. Mikey blushed again as he leaned into the boy's grip, quickly arriving at the park.

The two sat under a tree as the stars began to shine through the night sky. Akira looked up at the sky, the stars reflecting off of his baby blue eyes. Mikey looked to him, his breath hitching as he lost all interest in the stars above as the person next to him was shining so much brighter than any star could.

Akira propped his arms upon his knees as he let out a small 'huh' almost realizing something. Mikey had realized something of his own at the same time, something that he couldn't put into words, but for the first time in years, he wasn't lonely anymore.

After half an hour of talking and eating, the two sat in silence, Akira finishing up his fries as he shared them with the blonde boy.

"So, you gonna tell me what happened with the police? How you're here now?" Mikey asked, laying down on the grass, letting his headrest on the ground. Akira looked over at the boy before lightly picking his head up, placing it in his lap. Akira began to run his hand through the boy's hair causing Mikey's eyes to flutter closed.

"It wasn't the police, it was child services... turns out, all of my life? It's been a lie." Akira started, Mikey's eyes opening as he stared up at the boy who was looking at the sky.

"My dad, he stole me away from the hospital when I was a baby because my mom couldn't have kids. All these years, I thought my biological parents hated me, didn't care if I lived or died but no. They've been looking for me all this time, all these years, I thought I only had one family member left, turns out, I have a mom, a dad who loves me, I have a brother who I've already met." Akira spoke causing Mikey's eyes to slightly widen, he'd met his brother? Did Mikey know him? His hand rose up, landing on Akira's cheek and slightly caressing it with his thumb to try to console him.

"Ito's not even my last name... I'm not who I thought I was." Akira spoke, looking down at the boy as tears splashed onto Mikey's face as they rolled off of Akira's cheeks.

"Then who are you?" Mikey asked, looking up at the boy while keeping his hand on his cheek. Akira sniffled, smiling down at the boy as he continued to run his hand through his hair.

"I'm Akira, Akira Baji... Your friend, Keisuke? He's my brother..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 165 20
Book 2 of Tokyo Revengers OneShot & Short Stories. Oneshots of various characters in the TR World. A mix of angst, smutt, fluff and just random thou...
9.4K 217 78
Keisuke baji x Oc. 起死回生 [COMPLETED] "𝗡𝗼𝗻𝘀𝗲𝗻𝗰𝘀𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹 𝗶𝘀 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴" "I Won't Sacrifice The Lives Of Others To Achieve My Goal." Ab...
178 22 12
Leader of Toman tested to his limits by a girl who teases and plays pranks on him as revenge. He hates her for this yet still hasn't done anything ab...
9.1K 219 12
"...Come back now Mikey. Let's go home." You smiled at the boy. 𝘔𝘢𝘯𝘫𝘪𝘳𝘰 𝘚𝘢𝘯𝘰 "𝘔𝘪𝘬𝘦𝘺" 𝘹 𝘍! 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳 !!EXTREME SPOILERS!! !!Follo...