The Golden Girl ↠ Finn Shelby

By ShikShin_ss

"This is all the Peaky Blinders' fault. Your fault, Finn. Damn you." Beatrice Gold, the youngest child of Abe... More

Characters
Playlist
PROLOGE ↠ running away
CHAPTER 1 ↠ arriving in small heath
CHAPTER 2 ↠ meeting alfie solomons
CHAPTER 3 ↠ crying in artillery square
CHAPTER 4 ↠ meeting michael gray
CHAPTER 5 ↠ painting finn shelby
CHAPTER 6 ↠ finn shelby's birthday
CHAPTER 7 ↠ playing games & telling misfortunes
CHAPTER 8 ↠ too purehearted
CHAPTER 9 ↠ apologies & horse riding
CHAPTER 10 ↠ bonnie vs. goliath
CHAPTER 11 ↠ to dying together
CHAPTER 12 ↠ proving bonnie wrong
CHAPTER 13 ↠ helping the shelbys
CHAPTER 14 ↠ a joy to be around
CHAPTER 15 ↠ a dinner party
CHAPTER 16 ↠ a gift for finn
CHAPTER 17 ↠ aiming and shooting at hearts
CHAPTER 19 ↠ working together
CHAPTER 20 ↠ going for drinks
CHAPTER 21 ↠ love in artillery square
CHAPTER 22 ↠ painting a beach
CHAPTER 23 ↠ an agreement with tommy
CHAPTER 24 ↠ telling the bad news
CHAPTER 25 ↠ boat trip & a familiar face
CHAPTER 26 ↠ understanding
CHAPTER 27 ↠ freedom
CHAPTER 28 ↠ a dinner
CHAPTER 29 ↠ days of fun & foundation
CHAPTER 30 ↠ dancing
CHAPTER 31 ↠ a cigarette and a bee
CHAPTER 32 ↠ a lie to leave early
CHAPTER 33 ↠ staying and going
CHAPTER 34 ↠ letters home
CHAPTER 35 ↠ reconciliation and second-guessing
CHAPTER 36 ↠ final decision
CHAPTER 37 ↠ going home
CHAPTER 38 ↠ bea and bonnie
CHAPTER 39 ↠ the lake
CHAPTER 40 ↠ stolen goods
CHAPTER 41 ↠ underwater
CHAPTER 42 ↠ a permanent job & drunk talks
CHAPTER 43 ↠ payday
CHAPTER 44 ↠ displeased bonnie
chapter 45 ↠ unwelcome knowledge
CHAPTER 46 ↠ trip to london
CHAPTER 47 ↠ a birthday before christmas
CHAPTER 48 ↠ hard work pays off two extra shillings
CHAPTER 49 ↠ years fly by
CHAPTER 50 ↠ purpose
CHAPTER 51 ↠ wall street crash
CHAPTER 52 ↠ a reprimand
CHAPTER 53 ↠ darkness
CHAPTER 54 ↠ emptiness
CHAPTER 55 ↠ numbness first
CHAPTER 56 ↠ anger after
CHAPTER 57 ↠ feeling helpless
CHAPTER 58 ↠ fracture
CHAPTER 59 ↠ the painting
CHAPTER 60 ↠ a new start
CHAPTER 61 ↠ playing piano for him
CHAPTER 62 ↠ words meant to be said
CHAPTER 63 ↠ enjoying the party
CHAPTER 64 ↠ the girl finn was trying to impress
CHAPTER 65 ↠ exchanged letters
CHAPTER 66 ↠ a place of power
CHAPTER 67 ↠ confession to a priest and someone else
CHAPTER 68 ↠ offer to help
CHAPTER 69 ↠ a haunted spy
CHAPTER 70 ↠ family meeting
CHAPTER 71 ↠ snow vs. bee
CHAPTER 72 ↠ broken agreement
CHAPTER 73 ↠ jesus goes to church
CHAPTER 74 ↠ midnight meet up
CHAPTER 75 ↠ traitor
CHAPTER 76 ↠ the beginning
CHAPTER 77 ↠ a long stay
CHAPTER 78 ↠ struggle to leave
chapter 79 ↠ a letter from new york
chapter 80 ↠ a short getaway

CHAPTER 18 ↠ returning to london

3.5K 116 1
By ShikShin_ss

Unfortunately for Bea, and unlike what she thought, they wouldn't return to camp that night, since Aberama wasn't fit for driving either and Tommy had offered them all rooms to stay.

Polly was also staying for the night, so Bea couldn't leave with her either.

Bea quickly asked Tommy which was her room, craving to get on a room before Finn would get back to the house.

"Francis will show you a room," Tommy says before a woman that she had seen before taking care of the house and Charlie shows up and leads Bea up the stairs.

In her room, Bea stays in the dark, only having the moonlight from the window lighting up softly bits of the room. She heads to the window just in time to see Finn and Isaiah get to the house. Finn looked at the cars, and since they were all still there Bea guessed that he understood the meaning of it.

Hopefully he wouldn't find out the room she was in and if he did he would go and bother her there.

It took a while before Bea went to lay down on the bed and the double the time for she to fall asleep. Her mind wide awake from what had happened that night.

On the morning, Bea woke up earliest. Francis, surprisingly or not, was already awake.

"Do you want to eat some breakfast, Miss Gold?"

"No, I'm fine. Thank you, Francis."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I'm going to wait for my father and brother out by the car," she says before starting to leave.

On her way out she saw a pack of cigarettes. She took one out and lit it up. She wasn't used to smoke so she coughed a few times as she breathed it in.

Outside, Bea leaned against the car as she smoked, trying to keep her mind away from last night, and failing. And above that, her head was throbbing, from too much alcohol. It didn't look like a good day was ahead of her.

"'Morning."

Bea stopped looking at the horizon and looked at the door, from where Bonnie had just come out.

"Where's Aberama? Are we leaving?"

"Yeah, he's getting ready. Everything alright?"

"I just want to leave."

"You look pale," Bonnie adds.

"It's cold and I drank too much last night... I just want to go back to camp and sleep a bit more."

Bonnie wasn't fully convinced but nodded and didn't ask more questions.

They both got inside the car and waited there for Aberama. When he finally came out, Bea rushed him to get on and drive.

Bea went inside a wagon when they got to camp and stayed there until evening. Then, she got out and went to eat but stayed silent. Bonnie could see something was wrong, but let her have her peace.

The next day, when she spent hours silent again, melancholic, Bonnie spoke up.

"Bea, what's wrong?"

"Nothing. Everything is fine."

"Did something happen the other night?" Bonnie questions.

Bea looks at him and forces a smile before shaking her head, "No, Bonnie."

"Are you sure? Why aren't you going to Polly Gray's house? Is it because of Michael? Look, if you want to go to him you should talk with dad first."

"I don't want to go to New York, Bonnie," Bea admits, realizing for the first time that she actually doesn't want to go, not nearly as much as she thought she wanted.

"Perhaps you should," he affirms, surprising her. "You're not happy here at the camp, you're not happy in London... Go to New York! See Michael, see how things are there and if you don't like it there, come back."

"Bonnie..." she sighs.

"I know dad said he wouldn't let you go, but that doesn't really matter does it? You have to do what's best for you. Whether that's Birmingham or London or even New York."

"I like it here. With you and dad... and the Peaky Blinders."

"Then why do you look so unhappy? What happened the other night?"

Bea ponders on what to say to Bonnie, but doesn't get a chance to answer him as Aberama calls out to her.

"Beatrice!"

"What?" she asks over her shoulder, looking at Aberama arriving by horse.

Aberama dismounts the horse and walks towards her.

"I have been thinking and I think the best for you, right now, is to go back to your aunt's house."

"What? No! Aberama!" Bea whines. "I can't go! I ran away. I didn't even say goodbye."

"Exactly why. You go back and, if after a few weeks you're not happy, then you can return. And you won't run away, you'll tell your aunt that you are staying with me permanently and you can bring everything of yours this time."

"Dad..." Bea pleads.

Aberama held her hands and made her stand up.

"Just go for a little while, and make sure you're not giving up on a future you cannot have if you stay with us here, all right?"

"Can I really come back?"

"Of course you can. But first you need to have another try in London. Then you send us a letter, or call Polly Gray and I will go to pick you up in London."

Bea looks at Aberama and then at Bonnie, who nods, encouraging.

"All right, I'll go back to London."

"Tomorrow morning, then. Bonnie will drive you to London himself, I'll stay back here."

And so, the next morning, Bea packed the bag she had brought with her, at Polly's house.

"Polly. If I come back, will I still have a place here?"

"Of course. And I'm counting on you being back!" she says with a smile. "It's much more fun with you here. And I'll make that painting room for you."

Bea smiles thankful and hugs Polly.

"Tommy is not in Birmingham?" Bea asks when she steps back.

"He went to take care of... someone," Polly says vaguely, "and then he's going on holiday."

"Well, tell him that I will return and expect a job."

"A job?" Polly asks with a smile. "At the company?"

"Whatever he can get me. I can work at The Garrison, too. I just want to make some money."

"All right, I'm sure Tommy will find you something to do."

"And Michael? How is he?"

"He's settled in New York, but I haven't talked to him much after he got there," Polly says cast down. "Go on now. Off you go," Polly says taking her to the door.

Bea got out and waited for Bonnie to show up with the car again, since he went elsewhere while she was packing and saying her final goodbyes to Polly. Instead another car stopped.

"I heard you were going back to London," Finn says as he gets out. "Please don't go,"he pleads in panic.

"Finn..."

"Look, I'm sorry, about the other night... about the kiss. I shouldn't have. I didn't think..."

"Finn," Bea tries to stop him for saying anything else.

"Just don't go," he pleads again.

"I'm not going away because of what happened the other night."

"Then, why?"

"Aberama wants me to go back for some time, so I can be sure I'm not throwing away my future. Look, I don't want to go either, but we made an agreement and I have to go."

"Will you come back?"

"I'm planning on it." Bea shows him a small smile. "And I'm sorry how I reacted the other night. I was drunk and I was expecting you to kiss me and then I kissed you back without thinking... Sorry I just left you and Isaiah there."

"I shouldn't have kissed you. Not when we were both drunk anyway," Finn apologizes. "Although... I really liked it."

Bea chuckles and can't help but smile wider. "I did, too," she confesses softly.

Finn chuckles too, embarrassed, not knowing what to do, and scratches the back of his head.

"How long do you have to stay in London?"

"Not long," Bea says. "Just long enough for Aberama to see that I'm trying to see the good side of living with my aunt."

Finn nods, understanding.

"If you take too long to return, I'll pay you a visit."

Bea smiles. "That'd be nice. I don't think I can live in that house very long, anyway, especially after running away. Aunt Margaret will be even worse to me."

Bonnie appears with the car and stops next to Finn and Bea, getting out of the car.

"Mr. Shelby."

"I just came to say bye to Bea."

"Word does travel fast," Bonnie says taking Bea's bag from her hand and putting it in the car.

"We've met just recently, but it seems like a long time already," Finn whispers to Bea. "It's been really nice having you around, even with all the Luca Changretta stuff happening..."

"Come, Bea. We have to go," Bonnie informs from inside the car already.

"I'll see you soon, I guess."

"Bye, Finn," Bea says with a smile before getting inside the car and leaving.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 5.1K 30
[COMPLETED] face of an angel, mind of a killer... ( thomas shelby x fem! oc ) ( season 4 - season 5) ( started: June 10th 2021 - finished: May 11th...
28.4K 496 16
The Shelbys return to Small Heath, much to the delight of Tommy's ten-year-old daughter Rose (whose mother is the late Greta Jurossi). Oblivious to t...
379K 16K 79
As the youngest Shelby child and twin to Finn Shelby, Kezia has spent the last 4 of her 10 years locked away for her mental defectiveness. She return...
2M 46.6K 51
Because every girl needs their own prince charming, but some girls need their own birmingham gangster. •BOOK ONE COMPLETED• •SEASON ONE- SEASON TWO...