The Golden Girl ↠ Finn Shelby

By ShikShin_ss

"This is all the Peaky Blinders' fault. Your fault, Finn. Damn you." Beatrice Gold, the youngest child of Abe... More

Characters
Playlist
PROLOGE ↠ running away
CHAPTER 1 ↠ arriving in small heath
CHAPTER 2 ↠ meeting alfie solomons
CHAPTER 3 ↠ crying in artillery square
CHAPTER 4 ↠ meeting michael gray
CHAPTER 5 ↠ painting finn shelby
CHAPTER 6 ↠ finn shelby's birthday
CHAPTER 7 ↠ playing games & telling misfortunes
CHAPTER 8 ↠ too purehearted
CHAPTER 9 ↠ apologies & horse riding
CHAPTER 10 ↠ bonnie vs. goliath
CHAPTER 11 ↠ to dying together
CHAPTER 13 ↠ helping the shelbys
CHAPTER 14 ↠ a joy to be around
CHAPTER 15 ↠ a dinner party
CHAPTER 16 ↠ a gift for finn
CHAPTER 17 ↠ aiming and shooting at hearts
CHAPTER 18 ↠ returning to london
CHAPTER 19 ↠ working together
CHAPTER 20 ↠ going for drinks
CHAPTER 21 ↠ love in artillery square
CHAPTER 22 ↠ painting a beach
CHAPTER 23 ↠ an agreement with tommy
CHAPTER 24 ↠ telling the bad news
CHAPTER 25 ↠ boat trip & a familiar face
CHAPTER 26 ↠ understanding
CHAPTER 27 ↠ freedom
CHAPTER 28 ↠ a dinner
CHAPTER 29 ↠ days of fun & foundation
CHAPTER 30 ↠ dancing
CHAPTER 31 ↠ a cigarette and a bee
CHAPTER 32 ↠ a lie to leave early
CHAPTER 33 ↠ staying and going
CHAPTER 34 ↠ letters home
CHAPTER 35 ↠ reconciliation and second-guessing
CHAPTER 36 ↠ final decision
CHAPTER 37 ↠ going home
CHAPTER 38 ↠ bea and bonnie
CHAPTER 39 ↠ the lake
CHAPTER 40 ↠ stolen goods
CHAPTER 41 ↠ underwater
CHAPTER 42 ↠ a permanent job & drunk talks
CHAPTER 43 ↠ payday
CHAPTER 44 ↠ displeased bonnie
chapter 45 ↠ unwelcome knowledge
CHAPTER 46 ↠ trip to london
CHAPTER 47 ↠ a birthday before christmas
CHAPTER 48 ↠ hard work pays off two extra shillings
CHAPTER 49 ↠ years fly by
CHAPTER 50 ↠ purpose
CHAPTER 51 ↠ wall street crash
CHAPTER 52 ↠ a reprimand
CHAPTER 53 ↠ darkness
CHAPTER 54 ↠ emptiness
CHAPTER 55 ↠ numbness first
CHAPTER 56 ↠ anger after
CHAPTER 57 ↠ feeling helpless
CHAPTER 58 ↠ fracture
CHAPTER 59 ↠ the painting
CHAPTER 60 ↠ a new start
CHAPTER 61 ↠ playing piano for him
CHAPTER 62 ↠ words meant to be said
CHAPTER 63 ↠ enjoying the party
CHAPTER 64 ↠ the girl finn was trying to impress
CHAPTER 65 ↠ exchanged letters
CHAPTER 66 ↠ a place of power
CHAPTER 67 ↠ confession to a priest and someone else
CHAPTER 68 ↠ offer to help
CHAPTER 69 ↠ a haunted spy
CHAPTER 70 ↠ family meeting
CHAPTER 71 ↠ snow vs. bee
CHAPTER 72 ↠ broken agreement
CHAPTER 73 ↠ jesus goes to church
CHAPTER 74 ↠ midnight meet up
CHAPTER 75 ↠ traitor
CHAPTER 76 ↠ the beginning
CHAPTER 77 ↠ a long stay
CHAPTER 78 ↠ struggle to leave
chapter 79 ↠ a letter from new york
chapter 80 ↠ a short getaway

CHAPTER 12 ↠ proving bonnie wrong

4.3K 121 6
By ShikShin_ss

Bea had been pacing for a while in front of the Shelby Home when Aberama stopped his car and got out. Bonnie got out from the passenger seat, and opened the door for the passenger in the back.

Michael got out with the support of his cane.

"Hi," Michael said somber, surely affected by Arthur's death.

"Hello. I'm sorry about your loss."

"Thanks. I wish I had been here," he admits.

"Well, at least you're here now."

Michael nods in agreement.

"How come you didn't go to find me?" he then asks lightheartedly.

"You didn't give me nearly as much time as I had expected. I was planning on going on my journey to find you tomorrow," she lies, with a smile.

Michael chuckles. "You should lie better, otherwise everyone will see through your every word."

Bea shrugs and jokingly says, "I don't like to lie. And I think being honest is better, everyone should just be honest, shouldn't they?"

"You lied through your teeth when you were little," Bonnie points out impartial.

Bea glares at Bonnie sideways.

"I was little," she dismisses.

"You still lie. I can't even count how many since you've gotten here..."

Bea slaps his arm lightly, to shut him up, since they were not only in front of Michael but also Aberama.

"Anyway," she says as she puts on a lovely smile again and looks at Michael, "I'm glad you're finally back. Liked the Gypsies? Did they cure you with their witchcraft?"

Michael chuckles again. "No and no. Wouldn't even let them try to cure me."

"Come now, Mr. Gray," Bonnie says interrupting the small conversation between the other two. "Mr. Shelby has been waiting for you for too long."

Michael nods and then goes in.

"My dear sister," Bonnie starts as he gently puts her long, blonde hair back, "what are you doing?" he asks with an amused smile.

"You remember saying that I shouldn't have run away from a rich, handsome and kind man and I told you I could find someone better and you said: 'not here in Birmingham you won't'?" Bea smiles and holds Bonnie hand. "Well, dear brother, I am proving you wrong."

"Your daughter has become incredibly witty, Aberama," Bonnie affirms.

"I've noticed," Aberama says not nearly as amused as his children were.

"I think I am being influenced by the company of my brother. He's either not speaking or being witty."

Bonnie scoffs and then puts an arm around his sister's shoulder, forcing her to bend down as he held her againts his torso.

"Don't blame me for how reckless and irresponsible you are, Beatrice," he threatens playfully. "You will get yourself kill for what you say one day if you don't start thinking of the consequences."

Bea yelped.

"Aberama, your son is killing me."

"You two are too old to act like this."

"Bonnie is the oldest," Bea states. "Plus he's a blinder. PLUS he's the one trying to kill me right now," she lists as Bonnie doesn't let her go.

"Learn to think before you speak then."

"I will learn, I promise," Bea says with a laugh. "But if you're going to hold me down like this until I do, you might as well just shoot me in the head."

"Enough, you two," Aberama says with more conviction now. "We're in front of the house of the people who just lost someone. The second in just a couple of months."

Bonnie eases the grip on Bea and she straightens up, but he leaves one hand on her shoulder as they stay silent and wait for Michael to come out again.

The conversation inside the house wasn't too long, because there wasn't a long silence until Michael showed up at the door, looking melancholic.

"What is it? What's wrong?" Bea asks first.

Michael looks at Aberama before answering Bea.

"I am to leave for New York," he tells. "The train for Liverpool leaves in an hour and the boat leaves tomorrow morning."

"You're going to New York?" Bea asks confused. "Just like that? Why?"

"The company has business to attend to in America."

"Why do you have to go?"

"Who else but me? John and Arthur are dead, Finn doesn't know how to take care of business, Ada has Karl to think about in London and Mum needs to be at Tommy's side."

"You forgot to mention the part where you betrayed Tommy," Aberama calls out, monotone.

Bea looks at Aberama, surprised and shocked by his words and then looks at Michael, not so confused as doubtful.

"I chose my Mum," Michael states.

"When are you coming back?"

"The question is if I'm coming back," he corrects. "And I don't have that answer either."

"Come now, Mr. Gray," Aberama says with fake politeness. "You must get on the train."

Michael clenches his jaw and shares an icy stare with Aberama.

"Do you really have to go?" Bea wonders.

"Those were Tommy's orders, Bea," Bonnie says. "You don't disobey Tommy Shelby."

"Right..."

"Get on, Michael. Go on," Aberama insists again.

Michael passes by Bea to get into the car.

"What about the funeral?" Bea questions as she turns back to see Michael grabbing the car's door. "He won't even let you attend?"

"I have to leave to Liverpool," Michael says blankly.

Bea thinks for just a couple of seconds — as usual, not long enough to clear her head — and then goes to the car as well.

"I'll make you company as you go to the train," she says before jumping on board of the car before Michael can.

"No, you won't. Get out, Beatrice," Aberama orders.

"What am I going to do then? You and Bonnie are taking him to Liverpool, the Shelby's are mourning... should I just go to a pub all by myself and get in trouble and killed?" Bea argues quickly.

"It's better if she comes with us," Bonnie agrees not seeing a problem.

Michael looks at Aberama, who ponders quietly, and when he sees that Aberama won't insist for Bea to get out, he gets in.

"What do you think New York is like?" Bea asks Michael.

"Big, noisy... Far."

"Maybe you'll like it there. And I'm sure once some time has passed Tommy will let you come back. After all, you are going to be the Shelby located in America, and that must be important."

"I don't think it'll be that easy for Tommy to forgive me."

"Time makes everything better."

When they got to the train station, Bea got out after Michael and held the car door as he looked around before turning back to her.

"Well, Beatrice Gold, I haven't forgotten your name," Michael affirms humorous. "It certainly won't be a boat trip to America that will make me forget it."

Bea smiles at his words and raises her chin, looking a bit cocky and pleased by his words.

"And I still remember you telling me you'd come and find me wherever I go," he adds.

"You have a very good memory, Mr. Gray."

"So? Will you come to see me in New York?" he asks, as Bea can see, hopeful.

"She won't," Aberama loudly interferes as he gets to Michael's side.

"I will," Bea contradicts keeping the smile on her face. "It wouldn't be the first time I'd run away."

"Good," Michael smiles amused by how daring and at the same time sweet she was.

Bea then steps forward and hugs Michael, who raises and arm to hug her back. It was short, but strong.

Bea liked to hug people the most, it was her way of showing affection and also support at hard times. Her aunt used to not let her hug even her sister, as she believed Bea needed to stay upright and elegant and a hug wouldn't do that.

"I'll see if you get on the right train," Aberama speaks up.

"I'll see you soon, Beatrice Gold," Michael says more serious before turning away and going with Aberama.

"You better not go to New York," Bonnie says when they're alone in the car.

"Five years without seeing me and now you're afraid I'll visit Michael in New York?"

"I'm not afraid you'll visit him. I'm afraid you won't return."

"Oh, nonsense," Bea dismisses.

"Is it?" Bonnie breaths in and then out.

Bea looks out of the window in the direction Michael had gone, but could no longer see him.

"See? I don't think you should be that mesmerized by Michael. After all, he was going to let Tommy die."

"He said he 'chose his mum'."

"Yeah, but at what cost?" Bonnie wonders. "You're blind by the idea you have of him. Because he doesn't look as dirty as the others... Because he looked,— what was the word? — classy, was it? But Michael Gray isn't as different as he likes to pretend. He is a Peaky Blinder, at the end of the day."

"Polly did say I was too good for him..." Bea remembers, downcast.

"Maybe you should wonder why that is. I'm sure it's not just because he 'chose his mum'."

Bea looked at Bonnie and smiled at him, before getting closer.

"I can understand that, you know? I would betray everyone, even Aberama, for you."

Bonnie smiles empathetic and brushes her hair off her face.

"You won't have to betray anyone for me."

Bonnie then reaches to her and pulls her into a hug, despite the car seat between them. They held each other for a little while, Bonnie sensing that Bea was actually sad and it wasn't just because Michael Gray was leaving for New York without a date of return.

Pulling away, Bonnie looks at Bea in the eyes and smiles at her.

"You're better than that. That's why Polly insists that Michael Gray doesn't deserve you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.2K 206 44
Just imagines about the iconic Shelby family from Small Heath, Birmingham, England!! You can watch Peaky Blinders on BBC UK and Netflix
4.9K 87 10
( 𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐌𝐘 𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐁𝐘 ) 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙠 𝙢𝙞𝙙𝙬𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧 ︳❛❛ 𝘢𝘴 𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦, ...
151K 5.1K 30
[COMPLETED] face of an angel, mind of a killer... ( thomas shelby x fem! oc ) ( season 4 - season 5) ( started: June 10th 2021 - finished: May 11th...
56.8K 1.4K 24
"Who are we up against this time?" Lola Gray, the daughter of the gangster Polly Gray, Wife of Isiah Jesus, Sister to Michael Gray and now mother to...