The Grumpy Jerk

By bunnyblahblah

A KawaSara or Kawaki x Sarada Fanfiction in an Alternate Universe (AU) setting. Read to find out! Rated 13+ ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Announcement!!!

Chapter 17

570 33 11
By bunnyblahblah

[Hey, I don't know how to write this chapter. My hands are shaking with excitement T~T]

"Boruto, you are back!"

I heard my classmates shout when I am about to enter the classroom.

"Boruto is--" I whisper and stop in front of the door. Cho-Cho stops beside me. When I turn to face her, I see her brows furrow in astonishment.

"What's wrong?" she asks in a  confused tone. She hasn't heard them? I tuck her hair back behind her ear and my guess is right. She got her earphones on. I move closer to her and remove the earphones from her ears.

"Boruto's back," I whisper in her ear. Her eyes widen upon hearing it. She suddenly grips on my arm and drags me inside the classroom.

"Hey Cho-Cho, what are you doing?" I snap and she gestures to me to keep quiet.

"Boruto, we're so happy to see you look so well now right, Sarada?" she says then winks at me. I don't know what she is trying to do now.

"H-Huh? Y-Yeah, "I respond while stuttering. I think I gave him an awkward smile. Why the heck she would just drag me like that? She knew I haven't prepared what to say to him yet.

"Yeah, I'm glad that I have managed to come before the mock exam. You know, I don't like getting special treatments," he replies while rubbing the back of his head.

"But your leg, is that really okay now?" I can't help myself from worrying about his injury.

"Yeah, I can walk well now. The doctor prescribed me medications to relieve the pain and completely heal the swollen ankle," he explains. I nod as a response to him.

"Glad that you are okay now," I say in relief.

"Don't worry about it. I can even run now," he chuckles, and Cho-Cho laughs.

"But, you can't still defeat me in a race," Cho-Cho brags. I know she was just joking.

"Let's see..." Boruto responds and laughs. We head to our desks after that conversation and make way for others to have time to greet him.

"I'm sorry if I burdened you with my task," I heard him tell Denki, and Denki gestures that he doesn't need to worry about it.

I look at him and nothing really changed. He is still the same Boruto I admire. I think my cheeks flush.

Canteen

"Here is my letter. Would you like to read it?" Cho-Cho says then moves the square envelope closer to me. Her cheeks blush.

"Wait, are you serious? I am not reading that" I refuse and move the envelope back to her. I'm not going to intrude. It's her privacy though.

"Hmm..." she murmurs.

"Are you going to give that to him now?" I ask her. Calculating her temper.

"I am not sure if I'll get a chance today but I am still going to give him this," she says while looking at the envelope.

"Good luck, Cho-Cho," I tell her and smile at her uncertainly. I am uncertain about mine. I clench my chest. Should I give him now?

"I thought you'll give him yours too?" I know she will ask me about mine.

"I am still unsure about it. Unlike you, I don't have the courage to confess to him yet. My mind is quite messy and I don't know if I can survive the rejection later," my words are full of honesty I even think of the rejection first before the confession but Cho-Cho is unwavering.

"Does he have any idea about your feelings?" I ask and she shakes her head. This time we're the same.

"I am gambling," she continues and I saw how she slightly crumpled the envelope.

"Do your best, Cho-Cho. Whatever happens, I am always here for you," I say and grab her hand and slowly press it. I wanted to make her feel that I am here to support her.

"Thank you," she says and smiles at me bitterly. I grab my bag and take out my notebook where my letter was nipped in. I wanted to show Cho-Cho that I too finally finished my letter. But wait...

"Where is it?" I cram when I can't find the letter. I flip on the pages of the notebook and even turn it upside down.

"What's wrong?" she asks full of concern.

"The letter..." I utter in panic mode. It can't be lost. Oh my... I search in the books, turn them upside down but nothing falls to the ground.

"No way! No way! No way!" I mumble while panicking. I can't find it. Where is it? Where is it? It can't be lost.

I'm dead if anyone sees it. It's really humiliating if someone shows it to the public... I thought.

"Is something wrong?" she asks again.

"The letter..." I utter.

"What, what letter?" she repeats still astounded.

"The letter is gone," I say almost crying.

"What?!" she freaks out.

"I don't know where to find it," I tell her. I think tears forming in the corners of my eyes. I search under the table and chair. I even search for it inside my bag but, no luck.

"Where was the last place you went to?" she asks while I am putting all my things inside my bag.

"In the classroom? At home? I don't know," I say and stand up from the chair to hurry back to the classroom maybe I left it under my desk.

"Let's search in the classroom," she says and we head straight to the room. Please be there, please!

When we arrived, we immediately head towards our desks and search for them. I fumble under my desk but nothing is there. Cho-Cho does the same thing and she shrugs when she finds nothing.

We look in every corner of the classroom maybe it fell somewhere. I even ask my classmates if they saw an envelope and they just shake their heads.

"Where are you going?" she asks me when I am about to leave the classroom.

"In the library. I returned the books I borrowed yesterday maybe I dropped it somewhere in there or nipped it in one of the books and I beg that nobody sees the letter," I say still panicking like it's going to be the end of the world tomorrow.

"You go that side and I will go in here," I tell her, and she agrees. I head straight to the shelves where I returned the borrowed books yesterday.

"Thank goodness! They are still here," I cry in relief. I grab them one by one and look for the envelope. I turn them upside down but nothing is falling to the ground.

"No way. Where did it go?" I mutter. I am sweating badly. It can't be missing or someone else would have found it and if it really happened it's really embarrassing.

I wipe my forehead with my hand and sigh. Cho-Cho came running in my direction.

"Did you find it?" she asks when she arrives. I shake my head and I feel like crying.

"I look all over the place and even asked the attendants of the building but sadly the letter is not here," she says. She sounds very sorry to me. Where did it go?

"Hey..." she murmurs.

Wait a minute...

"At the benches under the cherry blossom trees," I utter. I remember when I slammed the table and all the things fell off maybe it's somewhere around there.

"What?" Cho-Cho snaps and she looks at me very confused and I immediately run off the library.

"Hey, where are you going? Wait for me," Cho-Cho yells.

"I'll be back," I say while running away.

Maybe the letter is at the back of the grade 10 rooms. I hope nobody sees it yet. I need to hurry...

"Finally..." I say while panting. I fall to my knees still gasping for air.

I stand up and notice that nobody is around. I hurry to the wooden table where we conducted the lecture yesterday. I look under the table and the table next to it but no envelope had fallen underneath.

"Where is it? Please come out!" I murmur still looking for the envelope beside the tables.

"Is this what you are looking for?"

Damn it!!

Kawaki's POV

"Hey, underneath the cherry blossom tree at the back of the Grade 10 rooms at 3:30 in the afternoon."

The dork is acting bossy again. She told me about the place of our lecture and after she said that, she walks past me. I did not react because if I did she will brag about nonsense again and it's annoying. I look outside the window instead. I watch how some of the students play soccer.

The bell rings and it's lunchtime. After I bought lunch at the canteen, I immediately went to the rooftop. I know Kiwi's hungry and he's waiting for me. And I'm right, he was there already. If he repeatedly meows that only means that he is hungry or something strange happens.

"Here you go," I say and move him on my lap. I feed him with bread and I bought curry for lunch. I move him aside and I have started eating my lunch. This place is peaceful it is away from all the noise. I wonder why nobody comes here.

The final gulp from my soda signals that I'm finished with my lunch and when I look at Kiwi, he is done with his food too. I pet his soft white fur and I think he likes it when I do that to him. I didn't expect him to be this clingy. I wasted my whole break time hanging out with him until the time for the tutorial comes.

If I won't show up, she will absolutely yell at me and call me stupid names and add that her voice is infuriating...

"At the back of Grade 10 rooms..."

I went to the place that she told me about. When I get there, she is standing under the shade of the cherry blossom tree while her hair is swayed by the wind and her eyes are closed. Was she being sentimental? Or enjoying the fantasy in her dreams like those in fairytales? How idiotic.

She turns in my direction and she seems surprised when she saw me standing a few meters away from her. She was astounded for a while, I don't know what happened to her.

"So, you came," she finally says.

"Otherwise, you will curse me to death," I hit back looking at her eyes. She is silent for a second and then moves from her position.

"Let's start," she says and settles on the bench. I sit in front of her and now we are facing each other. This is going to be a heck of boredom.

"Do you have a notebook and pen with you?" she asks and I grab them from my bag. She is flipping on the pages of the book. I notice that she is looking away and not even glancing at me the moment she sat down.

"Give it to me," she demands my notebook and pen and I hand them over to her. She started writing down numbers on the blank page of the notes.

"This is where our lesson stopped," she points at the formula she wrote down, so it's Physics. I leaned my elbow against the table and give her an uninterested look. I think she is annoyed by my gesture but I am really bored with this lecture. Her brows furrow and she is actually pouting.

"Now, that's the problem to be solved," she says now pointing at the problem she has provided. She shows me the steps on how to solve it and to come up with a solution. I am just watching her do it.

"Now, to see if you were listening to me..." she says and writes down another set of problems. It seems that she is going to test me if I was listening to her. She gives the notebook to me which the problem she just constructed a while ago was written down. I stare at it for seconds before answering. This is troublesome.

"I'm done," I tell her and I face the notebook to her and as I expected, she freaks out.

"What the hell is this?!" she yells at me. Now, she is totally upset. She slams the table and everything falls to the ground.

"Were you listening or you were just wasting my time?" she rebukes. And here we are again. Her irritating voice is echoing in my head. I just look at her with my usual expression.

"That's what I understood about your teachings," I reason out and she seems to be more upset with it. She looks amusing when she's mad. Her nose holes are funny as hell.

"This topic is not that hard to understand if you were just paying attention," she scoffs and her nose holes together with her angry brows are really funny but I stop myself from chuckling or she may report me to our adviser and I'll get an expulsion notice in no time.

"I am not a genius like you," I finally say. She is holding her temper back not to yell at me. She packs her things especially those that fell earlier and then aims to leave.

"Why leave so early?" I try to vex her more and hold my laughter back.

"Maybe because if I stay any longer, I would definitely punch a jerk's face in no time," she says seriously. Well, not to that point so I think I need to stop. She is amusing especially those nose holes when she's angry.

"Oh wait, that will serve as your assignment. Make sure to answer it tonight and I will check on that tomorrow," she acts bossy all the time if it is not about her task and that damn threat of expelling me if I keep failing my exams, I should have not come here and becoming this dork's slave or whatever you call that.

She instantly vanishes after she said that nonsense. I think I should give it a smirk. Since the bickering is over, I should head out too. One-step and I pause, I think I stepped on something. I bow to see what's below and I see an envelope. I think it's from that dork. I pick it up and a heart sticker sealed the letter. A love letter?

I turn its back facing me and the letter is addressed to the blonde idiot and the sender is none other than the dork. I didn't know she has a secret love for him. Well in my own personal opinion, they look funny together.

Indistinct chatter welcomes me so early in the morning. I realized now why all of them are buzzing like bees because the blonde idiot is back from his injury. Well, as if I care about them. I head towards my desk and look outside the window, my daily routine. I accidentally glanced at the dork and she seems not bothered about her love letter being in the possession of someone else otherwise she hasn't realized it yet. For your information, I did not bother opening her letter. I am not interested in boring stuff like that.

I went to see Kiwi on the rooftop and bring him food. It's my kind of killing the time during breaks. I wonder if he has a family he comes home to. I am petting on his beautiful fur and he falls asleep on my lap. He is so cute when he is squeezing his head on me.

I just remembered that we don't have class this afternoon so, I will be spending my whole free time with Kiwi not until the tutorial time comes.

I look at my watch and it is almost time for the tutorial. I put Kiwi down and shake my pants to remove his furs stuck on my lap. He gives me successive meows before leaving him sitting on top of the water tank.

"Where is it? Where is it?" I hear someone murmurs when I reach the place. 

"Where is it? Please come out!" it's her, the dork. She is searching for something under the table and benches. I think she is searching for her missing love letter. I grab it from my bag and speak.

"Is this what you are looking for?" I wave the envelope at her.

"No... way..." she utters in shocked. Her eyes are frightened. She stands up and moves in my direction.

"Hey, give it back!" she yells and tries to seize the envelope.

"Oops, you can't have it back easily, you know?" I tease her and her eyes widen. She gulps, I think swallowing all the saliva down her throat.

Now, let's see who is the real boss here...

***********************************************************************************************

Hey, after my shaking moments I finally finished this chapter. How was it? Are you looking forward to the next one already? I can't wait to write down the next one, dattebayo! Hopefully, I will get some free time on one of these days. In the meantime, you guys stay healthy and safe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 67 24
" could anyone be this mean? What's up with him..." . . . . I don't s...
14.3K 353 11
After Ketsiubestu Academy and Yuuei have a joint practice together, Eraserhead and Ms. Joke catch up with each other. After talking and observing Ms...
173K 4.9K 67
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
356K 12.9K 60
π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in π——π—˜π—–π—”π——π—˜π—¦ OR π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire and charle...