The Grumpy Jerk

By bunnyblahblah

A KawaSara or Kawaki x Sarada Fanfiction in an Alternate Universe (AU) setting. Read to find out! Rated 13+ ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Announcement!!!

Chapter 16

543 27 0
By bunnyblahblah

"What do you want to know about... who?" the President of the club asks.

"Yes, I want to know who appeals for my spot in the club," I say and she stares at me for a second. I look at Cho-Cho and her brows raise.

"Oh, it's-"

"The principal is waiting for you. See her right away, it's urgent."

Someone has interrupted her from speaking and we turn our heads to see who was speaking to her, the President of the Sports Club.

"Hey, can we talk about it some other time? I have an urgent meeting with the principal. See you later," she says and immediately leaves.

"Well, I guess we have to wait for her until she gets back," Cho-Cho shrugs. We don't know when she will be back though maybe we have a class already before that happens.

"Let's back some other time then," I say and the bell rings thereupon. We head back to our classroom for the next lesson.

"I regret to tell you that we will be having a mock exam before the mid-term exam date. This is to prepare everyone especially those who have failed the preliminary examinations," our adviser reveals upon settling in her desk.

So, that means...

"Sarada and Kawaki, I am afraid your tutorial will be early. This mock exam must get a favorable result for Kawaki since he failed the preliminary examination and some of you too. We have discussed this with the principal last week. Moreover, you should not take this mock exam lightly because this will serve as an extra point for your final grades," she adds and everyone fusses. Buzz here, buzz there. I hate this. I don't know how to deal with the jerk.

"Please be quiet, I'm not done yet. Since Boruto is not able to come for the mock exam due to his injured leg, he will be given a separate exam and for the 12-D case, I am assigning someone as a replacement for Boruto," she continues to explain. An idea came up in my mind.

"Why not replace me as the tutor for the 12-D? I got some friends there and the tutorial will just come smoothly, no problem will arise at all. And I guess anyone would be fine with Kawaki since he is the only one," I suggest while raising one arm.

It will free me from the jerk. I don't want to see his face or even I can withstand his annoying attitude. I hope she will accept my suggestion. *fingers crossed*

"Well, I can help Kawaki out though," Yodo says then flips her hair. Hmm...

That's right, Yodo. Help me convince our adviser so I can get rid of the jerk.

"Well, I'm sorry to tell you that I have already fixed this problem. No changes for Sarada and Kawaki and Boruto's replacement, I have decided that Denki will take over as the class' top-two student," she says. No luck for me. Argh! How unfortunate I am!

Yodo scowls too after hearing her finalized her words. Cho-Cho suddenly presses me on my side that makes me face her.

"Are you okay with that?" she says whispering in my ear.

"As if I have a choice," I whisper back. Her face worries and I only give her an unsure smile. I don't really know if I am okay with it or I will just drop him mid-way. I sigh.

"The mock exam will be on Friday at 8 a.m.," she reminds.

Today is Monday, so we only have three days to do the review. Damn, this is such a pain.

"Hey, Cho-Cho!" I call out to her. She is busy tapping on her phone. Maybe texting him again? Well, I think no need to ask. We are walking home now.

"Hmm..." she responds to me. She is focused on her phone and keeps tapping on the screen. I sigh and she gives me an abrupt gaze and finally, she shoves her phone into her pocket.

"You seem busy," I say. I drop my shoulders.

"I'm sorry. What's wrong?" she asks me.

"I don't know," I say halfhearted.

"Is it about the tutorial thing?" she asks with a precise point. That's the only thing that bothers me anyway.

"I don't know how to deal with the jerk. I hate him so much that every time I see his face, I want to punch it hard," I say with all honesty. I look at the orange sky. It is so peaceful, unlike my mind.

"I envy those clouds," I absentmindedly say. It's true though, I want peace of mind but that peace is blocked by the jerk.

"Do you like me to come during your review so you won't get bored facing him?" she offers but I shake my head in disagreement.

"You have to review our lessons too. It's my problem and I don't want to burden you with it. I just wanted to have someone whom I can whine, fuss, and fret about my misfortunes in life," I chuckle and she laughs at me. I think that's what a best friend role is.

A beep from her phone stops us from our tracks. She immediately grabs it from her pocket and sees what's the content.

"It's from Tsubaki. She said Boruto will make it on Friday," she says and we snicker.

"That sounds great!" I blurt out.

"Yes, I think he is fast recovering. Thank goodness," Cho-Cho utter in relief. I smile. The dark mode earlier has lightened up a bit. I'm happy to hear that Boruto is getting well from his injury.

"Hmm... Sarada?" she calls out to me and she looks worried.

"What's the matter?" I ask in confusion.

"Have you finished your love letter for Boruto?" she asks all of a sudden.

"Huh? Why do you ask?" I say almost freaked out.

"I wanted to show you my love letter for him, you know. I want to know your opinion about it," she confesses. I think she looks embarrassed or something. Her face is so red.

"Don't tell me... Are you...?!" I freaked out this time.

"I am thinking of confessing my feelings for him even though I know he will reject me, I will still wait for him," she is so determined. I am even shocked. Never seen Cho-Cho being so hell-bent on this matter. This time is different, very different.

"I admire your courage, Cho-Cho but why so sudden?" I can't help myself from being curious.

"I have heard some girls are giving him letters lately. Maybe he enjoys reading them because if he doesn't, he will put them on trash," she explains. So, that's what fuels her to send him a letter. I wish I have the same strong heart to confess to Boruto. I am jealous of her.

"I see now. I am almost done with my letter but I still don't have the courage to confess to him," I tell her and I suddenly feel down.

"Let's send them as soon as possible!" she declares.

"What?! Are you serious?" I yell. I think I wake up the streets.

"Calm down! Don't you like it? If we won't take action now, we will regret it later, have you considered that idea?" convincing me to jump off the cliff?

"Isn't this too early for that?" I insist.

"There's no early or late in love..." she says and it makes me wonder too. I think this is a brain-wracking case.

"You meant, you are so ready even if you'll get rejected?" I ask while my irises enlarge and a part of me is regretful knowing Cho-Cho would end up broken-hearted.

"That's part of growth," she plainly says.

"How could you be so brave?!!!"

I grab my unfinished letter from my side table's drawer and put it down facing me wide open. I grab the pen from my case and think of what to write next to finally finish it.

I harshly scratch my hair for I have trouble constructing my sentences. Why is this such a drag?

"Hey, underneath the cherry blossom tree at the back of Grade 10 rooms at 3:30 in the afternoon," I tell the jerk and walk past him. My voice was loud enough for him to hear me. I told him where our meeting place is during the tutorial this afternoon. He did not respond to me. It's up to him if he will show up or not. Maybe he won't, he likes to make people wait for nothing.

I head straight to the library to get some books needed for the tutorial later. Cho-Cho is busy flipping on the pages of the book and looking uninterested. She is just flipping the pages.

"You okay?" I ask and she nods apathetically.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you this afternoon?" she asks. She is referring to the lecture later.

"Yeah. Besides, he might not come," I reply while piling the books on the table.

"That's too much for a review," she comments may be wondering I took few books from the shelves.

"They are all Maths and Physics books and I am borrowing them," I say and proceed to the attendant of the library to ask permission to borrow these books.

When I finished, I call out to Cho-Cho and she stands up from the chair and follows me. According to our adviser, the jerk failed these major subjects, Mathematics and Physics. So, she wants me to focus on these subjects. History and Literature are not that hard to learn so I am setting them aside.

"Are you sure about going home alone today? I can wait for you until you're done with Kawaki," she offers. Cho-Cho worries a lot about me.

"Cho-Cho, I am not a kid anymore. I can take care of myself don't worry, okay?" I tell her and I gesture like she doesn't need to worry.

"You are an unfortunate lady, remember? I just want to make sure you're safe," she says then rolls her eyes.

"I'll be fine," I insist.

"Troubles follow you," she is persistent. What should I do to her?

"Just go, come on!" I push her away and she keeps resisting.

"Okay, okay. Call me if you need something," she says while waving her phone in front of me.

"Yeah, yeah," I am defeated.

"Don't forget about the letter, we will send them when Boruto gets back. Bye," she winks at me and rushes to the school gates.

"No... way..." I whisper. Give him the letter? Speaking of which, I flip the pages of my notebook where my letter was nipped in. Finally, I have finished it, but I don't think I am well-prepared to give it to him. I shake my head and try to forget about the thought in the meantime.

I head towards the location and wait for him under the cherry blossom tree. The flowers are beautiful. They blossom under the sunlight and some are falling when swayed by the wind even my hair is swaying concurrently in the direction of the wind.

I love the fresh air around here...

When I turn to my side, I pause and remain standing without exerting extra movements.

"So, you came," I utter when I saw the jerk standing a few meters away.

"Otherwise, you will curse me to death," he replies and I think he hits me right on the spot. He is looking directly at my eyes while his hands are in his pockets. He was serious when he said that, standing there like a bad boy.

I don't know but I was dumbfounded for a while after gazing at the ambiance surrounding him.

I clear my throat before speaking.

"Let's start," I say then look away. I settle on the bench. The benches under the cherry blossom trees were provided with wooden tables for students' convenience.

He sits in front of me wearing his usual bored and emotionless face and it annoys me.

"Do you have a notebook and pen with you?" I ask. He did not speak instead grab a notebook and pen from his bag while I flip on the pages of the book. I am not looking at his face because it irritates me.

"Give it to me," I ask for his notebook and he hands it over to me. I am writing down the formula and the problem on the blank page of his notebook then face it to him when I'm done.

"This is where our lesson stopped," I say pointing at the formula. I am helping him out with Physics first. He gives me a bored look while his right elbow is leaning against the wooden table and his right palm rests on his face. He looks at the formula I wrote down in his notes.

He really is annoying!

"Now, that's the problem to be solved," I continue, now pointing at the problem.

I show him how to execute the solution. First by determining the factors needed to solve the problem. I don't know if he is paying attention to what I am saying. We will see that later.

I have finished explaining and I have solved the problem showing him the steps to the solution.

"Now, to see if you were listening to me..." I say while writing another set of problems on his notes, this time he will answer it on his own.

I give it to him after I finished constructing the problem to be solved. He stares at it first before writing down his solution.

I noticed that he hasn't spoken to me since we started the lesson, it's actually super fine with me if he will just annoy me every time he speaks.

"I'm done," he says finally. He shows me his answer and can you guess what?

"What the hell is this?!" I yell at him.

He looks at me with those usual cold eyes. I slam the table with my hands and the books, no everything on the table falls to the ground.

"Were you listening or you were just wasting my time?" I'm really upset right now.

"That's what I understood about your teachings," his reasoning is terrible. I did not even notice that we have spent almost an hour and he was not paying attention to the lecture at all or did he purposely do it to annoy me?

"This topic is not that hard to understand if you were just paying attention," I scoff. He keeps his bored and cold sharp eyes looking at me and I realized I can't withstand them.

"I am not a genius like you," he retaliates. What's wrong with this jerk? I get it. He really likes pestering me. Testing my temper, huh? I don't want to stay any longer or I will end up punching a jerk's face.

"Okay, that's all for today. I think I should go now," I tell him while grabbing all the things that fell earlier.

"Why leave so early?" he asks while furrowing his brows.

"Maybe because if I stay any longer, I would definitely punch a jerk's face in no time," I sarcastically say carrying all my things.

"Oh wait, that will serve as your assignment. Make sure to answer it tonight and I will check on that tomorrow," I say before I completely leave him alone.

Jerk! Jerk! Jerk! Argh!!!

***********************************************************************************************

Hello and goodbye! Time check it's 10:57 p.m. I am really sleepy. I hope you liked this chapter. See you guys later...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.1K 2.7K 21
When sakura decides to leave the leaf village because everyone calls her weak but what happens when the akatsuki decides to take her in will she have...
359K 13K 60
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...
25.5K 889 18
"𝐈𝐟 𝐈 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐞...𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐥�...
1.4K 50 4
❛❛ forget not, thou art mortal. ❜❜ even poets couldn't capture the kind of bewitching ruthlessness with which they made an entire empire kneel before...