Perfectly in Pieces

By CDLynn

A Golden Girl missing A Slytherin Prince trapped An Order holding secrets And a Dark Lord ruling. ___________... More

Chapter 1: Theo
Chapter 2: Hermione
Chapter 3: Draco
Chapter 4: Theo
Chapter 5: Hermione
Chapter 6: Antonin
Chapter 7: Draco
Chapter 8: Theo
Chapter 9: Hermione
Chapter 10: Draco
Chapter 11: Theo
Chapter 12: Hermione
Chapter 13: Draco
Chapter 14: Theo
Chapter 15: Hermione
Chapter 16: Draco
Chapter 17: Theo
Chapter 18: Hermione
Chapter 19: Draco
Chapter 20: Theo
Chapter 22: Draco
Chapter 23: Theo
Chapter 24: Hermione
Chapter 25: Draco
Chapter 26: Ron
Chapter 27: Theo
Chapter 28: Hermione
Chapter 29: Draco
Chapter 30: Theo
Chapter 31: Hermione
Chapter 32: Ron
Chapter 33: Draco
Chapter 34: Theo
Chapter 35: Hermione
Chapter 36: Draco
Chapter 37: Theo
Chapter 38: Hermione
Chapter 39: Draco
Chapter 40: Theo
Chapter 41: Ginny
Chapter 42: Hermione
Chapter 43: Draco
Chapter 44: Theo
Chapter 45: Antonin
Chapter 46: Hermione
Chapter 47: Draco
Chapter 48: Theo
Chapter 49: Hermione
Chapter 50: Draco
Chapter 51: Theo
Chapter 52: Hermione
Chapter 53: Draco
Chapter 54: Theo
Chapter 55: Ginny
Author Note
Chapter 56: Hermione
Chapter 57: Ron
Chapter 58: Draco
Chapter 59: Theo
Epilogue: 1
Epilogue: 2
Epilogue: 3
Epilogue: 4
Epilogue: 5

Chapter 21: Hermione

7.7K 147 223
By CDLynn

TW!! - Sexual assault and gore depictions.

All rights of characters and world are reserved to J. K. Rowling.
_____________________________________

Pansy had only bought her black, green, and silver slips.

Now that she is looking, she notices other than a few nudes, and blushes, almost all of the undergarments she had bought her were green, black, and silver.

There was no red or gold.

Count on a Slytherin to always make a point...

She reaches down into the bag and grabs the slip on top, a dark emerald green one.

She never used these items. The only time she had was for last month's spectacle. She usually chose the more comfortable options rather than sexy, but maybe now that she and Malfoy were... well what were they again?

What had Theo called it?

A sex pact?

Yeah, I don't like the sound of that.

Means to sexual release?

Way too clinical, even for me.

Friends with benefits?

Maybe? But could I really call us friends?
I mean he has had his fingers inside me, so I think I should be able to call him a friend right?

Frenemies with benefits? She smiles at the thought.

Yes. That is what we are. Frenemies with benefits. He would probably like that too, he seemed amused by the phrase.

She takes her clothes off and slips the barely piece of fabric over her body. It just hid what it needed to. But it left nothing up to the imagination. She looks down and sees her nipples protruding through the silk fabric, and rolls her eyes.

That is why he opened the damn windows...

She thought about transfiguring the slip into a different color, just so the blonde out in the room wouldn't have the moment of satisfaction cross his face like she knew he would. But she decides to just leave it for a reason she does not give herself time to analyze.

She walks out of the closet to see him leaning against the doorframe and turning his head up to her.
For some reason she perceives a feeling a bit different than the fire he usually provoked. It felt more anxious, more heated than hot, and she could feel herself flushing as the emotion took over her as she watches his eyes scan her body.

He likes what he sees remember?
Why else would he be agreeing to do sexual things with you? And remember Lesson 1 and 2. Don't yell at him for admiring you, and don't cower.
You are not a victim, Hermione Jean Granger.
You are a conqueror.

"I knew you'd look good in green."

He flashes her one of her favorite smirks before opening his robes and holding them out to her.

She walks in front of him and turns, allowing him to slide the robes of her enemy onto her shoulders.

"Pansy didn't leave me with many other options."

She hears him let out a laugh next to her ear, and she becomes very aware of everywhere his body is close to hers. His hands move underneath her hair and pull it out of the robes to cascade down her back. She feels as he pulls her into his chest and rests his chin on top of her head.

"Are you ready for this?"

She feels her stomach twist at his words.

Was she?

He had shown her what they were hopefully going to do tonight if everything went according to his outrageous yet ingenious plan. She knows the ripple effects of this one decision. She knows they will be handing the evil wizard another weapon into his arsenal against an already downtrodden Order.

But this had the potential to save the three of them. This would put Malfoy in the Dark Lord's good graces possibly. This would make Dolohov look like even more of a fool. Maybe he would even be punished. This would set them on a course to get out of this mess alive.

And if she could make it back to The Order, she truly believed it could be a turning point for the war. It wasn't because she believed herself to be some unmatched leader or fighter. She actually was not very good at the fighting part. It was because of the role that was placed upon her over the years.

The Golden Trio. Everyone acted like it was just some catchy nickname, but it had become so much more over the years. It was a responsibility. It was power. It was notoriety that she would have been happy going her entire life without. She knew The Order was in need of some hope. Maybe she could give them that.

They had to do this.

The benefits outweighed the costs.

"Yes."

She is surprised to hear her voice sound steady and assured.

He drops his hands and starts rubbing her upper arms, and she feels herself lean into his chest a bit more.

"A lot could go wrong."

"It always can."

"If it does what... what would you want me to do next?"

She closes her eyes at the implication. She really hoped it wouldn't come to Plan B or Plan C or Plan D. This last month had been so hard without Theo, she couldn't imagine losing him too. She raises one of her hands and wraps it around his that is rubbing her arm.

"Beat me first, have sex with me second, crucio me last."

She hears his breath catch, as he presses his face into the top of her hair and squeezes her hand in his.

"Why sex before..."

"Because my mind still feels broken. And I am terrified of losing it for good. The Order needs my mind more than my body."

It was true. The Order had even made that obvious over the last 6 months as her body continued to be used and abused. They didn't come. It wasn't a priority because she was still alive. The Dark Lord promised to keep her alive as long as they didn't fight back. They didn't care what they used her body for as long as her mind was still intact to help them get out of the mess they were in.

Little did they know how broken she still feels every moment. How being used had made its way into her mind, and fractured it in so many places. How she had to fight the other her every damn day still, and how exhausted her mental capacity was just doing that.

She didn't really have much else to give them, but she would give them all she could. Anything to end this hell that had stolen their lives. It wouldn't steal anymore, the next generation was going to have childhoods. She would make sure of that.

"You promise Malfoy?"

She turns to look him in the eyes. They are already looking right back at her, and she knows he is watching what he calls gold shimmer as she watches his silver spark.

"I promise. If that is what you want. That is what I will do."

He looks down and starts buttoning up his robes on her. He really didn't need to. She wouldn't have them on for long, but she let him. He just needs to keep his hands busy.

"I hate this."

She smiles down as she watches his long fingers work the buttons into the loops.

That's my line you prick.

"Me too."

"I hate the Dark Lord."

"Me too."

"I hate them all enough to kill every single one of them, and never lose a second of sleep."

She looks up and meets his eyes again and smiles.

"Me fucking too Malfoy."

He gives her a sad smile as he finishes the last button and places his hands on her arms again.

"Okay I have the performance potion, the lust potion, Draught of Peace, blood replenisher, murtlap, Draco's shit concoction, you should probably take that now Hermione. Oh... and this..."

Hermione doesn't look away from Malfoy as Theo walks closer to them and hands them vials. She extends her hand to him as he places two vials in it. One is Draco's countercurse potion. The other is a contraceptive potion.

"Do you need anything else?"

Malfoy slips the assortment of potions into the pockets of his trousers and shakes his head, taking the vials out of her hand and taking the lids off of each before handing them back to her.

"No, have the kit ready when we get back. Just... just in case."

Hermione swallows the contraceptive potion first, and then the countercurse potion. As it travels down her throat she feels the burn intensify as the horrible taste consumes her.

She starts coughing, and covers her mouth with her hand to try to keep the potions down.

"Yeah absolute shit right? The burning stops in a few seconds."

She nods her head and closes her eyes that are beginning to water as the burning sensation travels down to her stomach, and then starts to subside.

"I fucking hate this. I should be coming."

At Theo's words she starts shaking her head adamantly. Her and Malfoy had been in agreement that Theo would not be coming again. After this past month and everything they had seen him go through, and still carry, they weren't going to let him do anything like what he had done again.

They would figure this out. The two of them. They had always worked well together on assignments and projects when they had been sorted as partners. Their minds worked well together, evening each other's strengths and weaknesses. She isn't sure if he realized, but she had always scored her highest grades on partner assignments when they had been placed together.

"Not happening Nott. Just be ready when we get back."

She looks over Malfoy's shoulder and grabs the teacup she had filled with burnt chocolate for him, and extends her arm to the right towards Theo without looking up.

She feels his hand grab the other side of the cup, making sure their fingers don't touch.

"Thanks Hermione. I... I'm going to go prepare the dittany... Break a le... Shit well that's a horrible thing to say at this moment... ugh... best of luck guys."

She hears him walk out and shut the door behind him. She turns her eyes up at the blonde who is looking ill again.

"I always scored my highest grades on partner assignments when I was assigned to work with you."

She watches as his face softens and his eyes glaze as he is transported to his own memory at her words.

"So did I. I rigged a couple of the partner sortings if I am being honest."

Her eyes widen at his unwarranted confession.

"You did?! So we would end up being partners?"

She watches a smile appear on his face as he nods his head.

"Yeah especially in Arithmancy, and during 6th year when my grades were far from superb."

"So that is why we were always partners! Ron was convinced you were rigging it, but I didn't believe him."

Malfoy shrugs his shoulders and runs his hand through his hair.

"I needed a distraction and good grades. I knew you would offer me both. If it riled up the wart then 10 more points to Slytherin."

She rolls her eyes at him and follows him to the fireplace.

She feels the peace that had come over her with the lighthearted conversation disappear as they stand before the fireplace.

Malfoy was right, a lot could go wrong.

There was a possibility that they may never come back tonight.

She feels her hands begin to shake as he grabs a handful of powder.

"We... we work well together."

She can hear the question in his statement. She looks up and gives him a soft smile as she shakes her head in agreement.

"Yes. We are a good team."

"A deadly team."

She smirks.

"A powerful team."

They both just stand there staring at the opening for a few moments.

"We can do this."

She reaches down and takes his hand not holding the powder into hers. It is trembling just like hers are.

"Yes."

He throws the powder into the fireplace and calls out his family's manor as he drags her into the swirling fire and smoke. She feels his hand squeeze hers harder as they are whipped through the space and land in the fireplace in the main entryway of Malfoy Manor.

He leads her still holding her hand down the hallways that are becoming more familiar now that she has walked this same path a couple of times.

You can do this. You can do this Hermione Jean Granger.

Malfoy stops in front of her and releases her hand. She knows why, and starts unbuttoning his robes. He raises his wand and starts casting the backwards disillusionment charms over her body as she slips off his robes and hands them to him.

He pulls them on and then closes his eyes for a long time before rolling his shoulders and opening them again. She gives him an understanding nod before he grabs her forearm aggressively, and starts dragging her towards the double doors into the drawing room.

Play the part Hermione.
Play the part they all need you to play.

Last time, she had been overwhelmed by seeing master, and being in that room, and holding her walls, and processing what was about to happen to her. She didn't see the stain on the floor that she knew had been there after Bellatrix had tortured her. She also noticed they had gotten a new chandelier. If this one fell, it could do even more damage with all the glass crystals and sharp golden edges.

This time, she is more prepared. She feels more assurance because they had a plan. They had options. Options she could live with.

"Young Draco, welcome."

She keeps her eyes down and tries to keep up with the blonde who is basically pulling her behind him. As he stops he throws her to the floor and she braces her hands in front of her, to stop her head from crashing into the ground. She watches as one of her breasts falls out of the slip, she tries to put it back in, but hears a familiar whistle as her hands raise to cover herself. They freeze immediately.

Master said no.

She places both of her hands back down on the floor in front of her as she stares at the marble flooring underneath her.

"I can assume that you have had no progress with the mudblood this past month?"

"I have not found a successful way to retrieve the memory my Lord, no, but I have had a different form of progress I think you would find beneficial for our cause, and also for tonight's spectacle for The Order."

She tries to control her breathing as she lays on all fours on the floor. It wasn't hard to look scared. It wasn't hard to be petrified. At least she had that going for her. She can see to her left the bottom of masters body. She sees him transfer his weight back and forth, like an animal ready to attack. She watches as a droplet of perspiration falls from her forehead on to her finger she is tapping against the ornate marble floor.

Play your part. Play your part.

"Oh? Please Draco, explain."

"Would you like a demonstration instead?"

She feels his cold hands rip her off the floor and she stumbles up and stands next to him, still looking down at the floor. Still trying to be the example of submission, of docility.

"I believe The Order would love to see the new weapon I have created for you used on their precious Golden Girl. I can assure you, there will be nothing golden about her once I am through."

Her body starts to convulse at his words, remembering the times when master had burned her. What that had felt like. Like a million needles piercing every inch of your skin and going deeper and deeper with every second until they touched every part of you. Leaving nothing unruined.

"I am intrigued little Malfoy. But I have another use for the mudblood first. Antonin, if you would."

Everything in her freezes at the evil wizard's words.

This had never happened before. Was he going to have master rape her like he had in the past? Was he giving her back to him?
She feels the hands holding her start to shake, and she hears footsteps coming towards her; she isn't sure if Malfoy's shaking increases or if it is her own.

Merlin, please, please no.
Anything but this.
I can't go through this again... and not with Malfoy watching.

"What is going on?"

His voice sounds annoyed, bored even, not fearful like she knows he is. She watches as familiar shoes come into her vision, and small rough hands reach out and grab her wrist. As soon as his skin is touching her again, she feels her heartbeat increase and her breathing becomes hard. The only thing she registers is his hand holding onto her again, pulling her away from Malfoy and into him.

This can't be happening.
We... we didn't plan for this.
Malfoy what do I do?
What do we do?

"Antonin believes he has had some success on an assignment I gave him months ago. If this goes well, I have promised him some time with his toy. But do not worry young Draco, we will let you play with her as well after he is through."

The hand holding her wrist yanks her forward, but the cool hand on her shoulder holds her back.

"Let go of it, little Malfoy. Or I will make it worse for it."

She feels his hand on her shoulder squeeze as he holds himself back from attacking the monster in front of her.
He might. This might all be too much for him, and he may finally snap. She couldn't let that happen. She couldn't let him ruin everything they have been giving and sacrificing. She closes her eyes to stop the tears from falling, and occludes as much as she can before jerking her shoulder out of Malfoy's grasp and falling into her master's chest.

This is your home pet
This is where you will always end up.

She keeps her eyes closed as his rough hands press her face hard against his chest, making it impossible to breathe. She is overwhelmed with the familiar scent of tobacco, sweat and musk, and she feels her body giving in as it had learned to do over the past half a year.

"Told you, it will always be mine."

She feels his other hands start wandering all over her skin, mapping it out to ensure it was all the way he liked it. All the way he had made it.

"Who do you love little pet?"

He doesn't whisper it. He wants Malfoy to hear him. He is taunting him. Edging him. Shoving this in his face, claiming her as his property.

"You master."

"You missed me didn't you?"

She nods her head into his chest as her entire body begins to convulse. She tries to calm down, she truly does, but she can't. And as his hands travel to her front and start groping her chest, she hears a whimper escape between her lips.

His hands freeze and she knows he thinks it was a noise of longing. She never had been able to hide her revulsion as he touched her. She could school her features and pretend to smile, but her noises were never of pleasure. They were always of sorrow. But he didn't know that.

"Soon my pet. Soon we'll be together again, and you will be happy. You will be back where you belong, pleasing me the way you love so much. I promise my pet it is almost over."

Before she registers what is going on, his hands travel into her hair, and he yanks her head back hard. She lets out a yelp and closes her eyes so she doesn't have to see him. She feels his other hand squeeze the side of her face hard, and she opens her mouth. A cold liquid is poured into it, and she has the urge to spit it out.

"Swallow pet."

She does.

The hand in her hair pulls her farther down, and she lands on her back on the floor as she feels the cold shiver inducing liquid travel into her body. She feels him straddle her and can feel his erection on her stomach as he pins her to the ground.

This can't be happening.

"Nott do it."

A cold object is pressed into her neck, and she hears a male voice whispering what sounded like a long incantation she has never heard before.

When he is done the room is silent.

The only thing she can hear is the breathing of the man on top of her, her heartbeat pounding in her ears, and the sound of another person up high basically growling at the scene before them.

He is going to snap.
He is going to ruin everything.
Stop him.

She braves herself to turn her head and open her eyes. She sees Malfoy glaring down at her with a look of vengeance, disgust, and horror all wrapped up into one. Even his occluding skills aren't hiding his emotions in this moment. He takes his eyes off of the man grinding his erection into her stomach and looks at her. She watches as they soften lightly, and turn more into a look of devastation.

He is more trapped than you are. I think I would rather have this happen to me, than be forced to watch this happen to someone else time and time again.

She wants to reassure him. To tell him she will make it through this. That she was strong enough to survive another encounter with the monster on top of her, but before she can, she feels the familiar sensation of He Who Must Not Be Named slicing into her head.

At the feeling she closes her eyes, and hears herself start to scream as he ravages her mind.

She had never felt something more horrible than when he did this. She would take a cruciatus over this feeling. He slashes, and jerks, and moves quickly through her mind taking in what she is allowing him to see, but also trying to burrow. Burrow into what she isn't sure, she isn't even sure how she knows he is trying to do something different than looking for an obliviated memory. It felt like he was trying to root himself in the nothingness, trying to find a crack in that veil to slip through and overtake.

As he continues to push she can feel her body start to shake and her screaming becoming louder. He pushes and pushes until she is convinced her head is about to explode, but right before she reaches her breaking point, he cuts out of her mind. Her head lobs to the side as she feels the room spinning around her, and the weight on top of her chest presses harder against her.

"My Lord it should have worked. It should have. Nott must have said something..."

"I said exactly what you told me to Antonin. This didn't work because of you."

There is silence in the room, as she feels like she is spinning.

"I am disappointed in you Antonin. Draco, please take what is yours."

A second doesn't even pass by before she feels the weight on top of her disappear, and cool hands grab the sides of her face. She tries to open her eyes, but when she does, she feels bile form in the back of her throat and a long groan escape her lips.

"She needs a stabilizer potion my Lord if you still want me to use her for my example. Do you grant me permission to give it to her?"

"Yes feel free. Now Antonin please come forward."

A vial is pressed up to her mouth.

"Open your mouth."

She does, and he pours the liquid in.

"Now swallow."

She does again.

Her body slowly starts to feel more steady, and she opens her eyes to a room no longer spinning, and silver eyes staring down at her. They are blank as they look over her face. He gives her a slight nod before yanking her up to her feet. She still isn't steady enough to stand on her own, and she feels herself grab onto his arm to keep herself upright. He allows her to hold on, as she presses her face into the side of his robes, taking in the comforting scent of him.

"You have failed me again Antonin. Others need to realise that failing me does not go without it's consequences. Do you agree?"

"Yes my Lord. By the next spectacle I promise it will work, but until then, I deserve a punishment."

"Good. I will let you decide. Either Draco or someone else here will have their way with your pet while you watch, or 7 cruciatus curses in a row. Your choice."

"7 cruciatus my Lord."

He answers even before the choices the evil wizard had given him had hit Hermione.

Thank Merlin...
At least his obsession with me is playing to my advantage right now.

Her eyes are still closed as she hears Voldemort curse her master, and hears him grunt loudly at the pain.

She opens her eyes and Malfoy grabs her by the shoulders and places her in front of him, her back to his chest, facing her master on the floor writhing in pain.

She finds she doesn't even want to blink as the seconds turn into minutes, and the groans turn into desperate screams.

I love this.
I never want to stop seeing this.
Suffer.
Suffer you bastard.

She feels a smile start to form on her face as master throws up in between the fourth and fifth curse, but a jab in the back has it disappearing before it is noticeable. He's right, can't smile. Can't enjoy this. Savor this later.

After Voldemort finishes the seventh curse, master tries to stand but falls back down. Now he was in the same position she had been in before. And now she was the one standing.

"Do not disappoint me again Antonin. You have 4 more months."

Master nods his head as he tries and is able to stand bracing himself on a chair next to him.

"Now let us move on to the show young Draco has promised us."

With all eyes on her again, she looks down at the floor and starts to whimper between breaths.

Time to play...
Act the part.

"Gladly my Lord."

She feels him push her forward, and she stumbles to the ground landing on her side. She looks up at Malfoy as he pulls out his wand. She imagines all the times master had done this. Had pulled out his wand, or needle, or rope as she lay cowering on the floor. She feels her body start to shake and tears start to stream down her eyes.

"No, no please, please sir not again please I can't..."

He waves his wand and she feels her mouth clamp shut as the hex hits her. She can't talk. She can't open her mouth.

"While dealing with controlling the prisoner, I created a new curse to promise cooperation on her part. A curse that I would gladly give to the Death Eater armies to use against our enemy. Let's show them how deadly it can be."

He looks down at her and sneers as their eyes meet, and he raises his wand.

"Adolebitque Pellismus!"

She feels his magic hit her, and she reacts by falling backwards onto the floor with a loud gasp. She raises her hands above her face and watches as the curse makes it look like her skin is rotting away. She feels nothing, but starts screaming in horror and pain as she watches her skin disappear.

Remember when he stuck your foot in the fire?
Remember when he had you hold cigarettes against yourself for minutes, until your skin and the stick melted together?
Remember when he talked about branding you with his initials, and bought one right before you were taken away?

With those memories playing out in her mind she starts to wail in pain and agony, hoping it is convincing. Hoping it is enough.

"It will continue to erode her skin down to the bone if not stopped."

"And how do you stop it?"

She feels his magic hit her again and she turns her screams into sobs and deep guttural noises of anguish. She keeps her eyes closed, not wanting to see what her body looks like.

"Thissssss.... This pleases me Draco. Yes I am very pleased indeed."

She hears the snake start to hiss as well, apparently in agreement.

"Not only do we have your mudblood, but we also have this weapon. This new curse will be taught to every member of our army. If you face us in battle or attack be prepared for this to be your gruesome fate."

The evil wizard goes silent and she hears shuffling as she continues to cry on the floor, making her body shake lightly.

"That is all. Draco, thank you for your dedication to our cause. It has not gone unnoticed."

Before she can open her eyes, she feels his magic wrap around her as she is lifted from the floor. She feels her body float in the air, and a door shut behind them before the magic disappears, and instead cool arms wrap around her holding her against a familiar chest. She still doesn't open her eyes, but starts sobbing into him as he walks quickly down the hallway towards the floo.

"52 more steps Granger."

She wraps her arms around his neck, and her body starts to convulse as it comes down from what it had been forced to endure.

"17."

She hears the floo pop and starts to cry harder and louder.

"Shit what happened?"

She buries her face harder into his chest as Malfoy lowers himself to the ground and starts squeezing her tightly the way she likes.

She felt like she was going through sensory overload. Everything she had been holding in was now spilling out of her. Out of control and completely manic.

"I... I don't even fucking know."

"What do you mean you don't fucking know? What does she need?"

"Draught of Peace, nothing damaging happened for murtlap or dittany."

She feels a vial against her cheek, and she turns her head and opens her quivering lips and swallows. It takes a few moments before she is still and silently crying in his arms.

"Well that's good isn't it? So it went according to plan."

"No. It... Dolohov... Shit I don't fucking know. He had Dolohov give her some potion and then your father did some type of ritual that I had never heard before, and then Gran... Granger started screaming."

His arms squeeze her tighter and she curls up even closer into his chest.

"Whatever the fuck it was it didn't work. But whatever it was... it has to be the real fucking reason for keeping her alive for so long. I knew there had to be more going on than just one damn memory."

She feels a blanket wrap around her, and she opens her eyes to see Theo gently placing it on her shoulders and around Malfoy.

"He placed his wand on her tattoo like you did to get her magic back."

Theo sits across from them and looks back and forth rapidly.

"But it didn't sound like the same incantation did it?"

"No I didn't recognize any of it, did you Granger?"

She shakes her head into his chest.

"I'll look into it. If they were directing their actions towards the tattoo then maybe it has another use than just suppressing her magic."

She raises her head off of Malfoy and moves her lips to the side of his ear.

"I need to tell you some things."

He nods his head and pulls out his wand and casts a selective silencing charm so Theo couldn't hear her voice.

"The Dark Lord was doing something in my mind. Something... something different. It was like he was trying to break through it."

Malfoy isn't looking at her. He is looking at a spot above her head. She is sure that the curses supposed effects are making her look pretty terrible so she doesn't blame him. They should be going away soon.

"You are sure he wasn't just ensuring you hadn't occluded anything from him?"

She shakes her head.

"No I know what that feels like. This felt different. More violating."

Malfoy nods and shares the information with Theo.

"Have any guesses?"

The brunette shakes his head.

"Not a one, but I will go start doing some research right now. If you guys could write down what you saw and experienced that may help me figure out what is going on."

With that, Theo stands and hurries down the hall to start on his research. The arms around her start to rub gently back and forth.

"I am so sorry Granger. I... I didn't know what was going on and I couldn't..."

"You couldn't do anything. If you would have, we would be dead right now."

She wraps her arms around his neck, and pulls herself higher up his chest, until his chin rests on the top of her head again.

"We did it."

There is a long pause.

"Yes. But are you okay?"

"No. Are you?"

"No."

Neither of them talk again for a while.

"I never want to see you screaming on my family's drawing room floor again. Three times is three times too many. Actually I don't want to see you fucking screaming anywhere ever again."

She nods her head into his chest in agreement.

"Every time you end up saving me though."

"What are you talking about? I don't fucking save you Granger, I stand there and have to fucking watch."

Is that what he really thought?
He didn't see him lying to the Death Eaters about Harry's identity as him saving them?
He didn't see him holding back and playing his part as giving them more time, more opportunities to get out of this hell?

She raises herself off of his chest to look at him.

"Is the curse still going?"

He nods his head and casts a disillusionment charm to hide the carnage, and looks at her for the first time.

"Malfoy I would be dead multiple times now if you hadn't handled those situations as you did. You know that right?"

His eyebrows pull together and he shakes his head slightly at her words.

"Did Theo tell you?"

Now it was her turn to look at him with confusion.

"What?"

As her face contorts, he realizes his mistake and tries to move past it.

"Never mind, you're right."

He tries to gently push her out of his lap, but she grabs the side of his face to make him stop and look at her.

"Did Theo tell me what Malfoy?"

"Please just let it go Granger."

He has a secret about the night you were tortured in his home.
What could he be hiding about that night?

"No! Please Malfoy just tell me. How about a secret for a secret again? I'll even go first."

She watches his eyes travel between hers for a few moments.

"Your secret has to be a fucking big one, because mine is."

She nods her head in agreement.

"Okay."

She takes her hands off of his face and rests them in the space between them. A secret, a big secret. The only one that pops into her mind isn't really a big one, but maybe it will do.

"I... I didn't pass the quidditch exam."

He huffs and leans back on his hands.

"Not surprising, and definitely not big enough."

She lets out her own grunt of frustration as she racks her brain for a secret, and then it hits her.

"I... I know how to defeat You Know Who."

At this, Malfoy sits up and brings his face inches from hers.

"You what?"

"Big enough for you Malfoy?"

"Explain Granger."

She moves out of his lap and leans against the wall. She probably shouldn't be talking about this with him. This was some of the most valuable information The Order held. But it was obvious he had no desire on serving the evil wizard, and that he wanted him dead as much as she did. More people fighting for the same cause could never be a bad thing, even if they weren't on the same side technically.

"Have you ever heard of a horcrux?"

Malfoy nods his head at her and she is surprised he knows what she is talking about.

"I heard the word once during a meeting back when my family was still favored by the Dark Lord, and then I... I saw it again in your mind back during our occlumency lessons. I didn't dig though, I assure you."

She knows he didn't dig, she would have felt it. He had been very careful inside her mind. Something that did not go unnoticed or unappreciated by her.

"Do you know what one is?"

He shakes his head.

"It is an object that... that holds part of a soul inside of it. To do the ritual, one must sacrifice a life. And You Know Who did it seven times. That is what we were doing 7th year. We were searching for them."

"So he split his soul and... and that is how he is still alive and can't be killed?"

"Exactly. When he went to kill Harry, he accidentally made him a horcrux as well. That is why he was always the Chosen One. That is why he had to face him."

Malfoy's eyes stare at the space between them, and she watches his extraordinary mind work with this new information.

"Then why isn't he dead?"

"Because there is one horcrux left."

He looks up at her.

"The snake."

She nods her head at him.

"Neville tried to kill her, but something must have happened."

"Bellatrix fucking happened. As soon as she saw that damn sword all of her attention went to him, until she got it back."

Well that was new information for her. So The Order didn't have the sword of Gryffindor anymore. It was in the hands of Malfoy's crazy aunt. Probably in her vault where she thought it was in the first place.

"Damn it. If I have to ride a bloody dragon again..."

"I believe it is at Hogwarts currently. I'll look into it, but continue."

"That's it. I believe the battle between him and Harry destroyed the one inside of Harry since he is using a memory to share information with The Order instead of the connection they had due to the horcrux. So the last one is the snake. That is probably why he looks so ill and frail."

"And that is probably why we aren't annihilating The Order from the face of the wizarding world. His focus and strength is elsewhere..."

Malfoy doesn't finish his thought and Hermione watches as his mind takes him away. His eyes glaze over and become vacant as he processes all the information.

"Care to share your thoughts?"

He shakes his head and comes back.

"There are too many and they are all over the place at the moment. I will when they can actually be labeled as legitimate ideas."

He runs his hand through his hair again and rubs the side of his face. He looked tired. Defeated even.

"You don't have to share yours right now if..."

"I was the one to call for Dobby that night."

The words make her mind empty. She stares at him as he stares back at her. She sees him try to read her face, but it is numb as it tries to figure out what those words changed.

Everything.
They change everything.

"What? No Harry told us he saw Dumbl..."

"Yeah, like he would call on a house elf to save you. Those fucking old men didn't care about you Granger. They only cared about Potter killing the Dark Lord. The rest of us were just necessary casualties to them. Pawns in a much larger game at play."

Well to be honest she didn't disagree with him there. She did not agree with the way the headmaster had handled a lot of the problems and situations they had been forced into. He left them in the dark more than he helped, and yes while they had been children, they were always being pushed towards evil, and some actual true guidance could have been extremely helpful. And after meeting his brother, she was under the impression that Albus was the more caring and empathetic one out of the two.

"You... you were on my floor screaming and then she started carving and I... I couldn't take it. So when she had me take out the snatchers, I found one of my house elves and told them to get Dobby. To tell him Harry Potter and his friends needed him to save them at Malfoy Manor. All of our house elves were close so I knew she would know where to apparate to find him. It... It was the only thing I could do."

She feels tears start streaming down her face. She believed him. It made a hell of a lot more sense than a dead wizard or his brother somehow helping them. Dobby had never had the chance to tell them how he had known to rescue them before he died. He... He had saved them more than she even knew.

"I wish I could have stopped it Granger. I wish I could have offered my place instead like the fucking weasel, but I couldn't. If I did, then you would have..."

"We would all be dead right now."

She looks up and sees him nodding his head slightly, looking anywhere, but at her. He doesn't see this information in the same way she did. He sees it as a pathetic attempt, a half arse decision. But it wasn't. It was...

"Malfoy... That... That changed everything. You realize that correct? Not only did you lie about Harry, you, you saved us all."

He doesn't say anything back to her as he looks down into his empty hands.

"You... You betrayed everything your family stood for, everything your father had worked for, everything you had been pushed towards and trapped in by doing that. You walked away from it all."

"I had walked away from it all a long time before that Granger, but if I wanted to stay alive I had to..."

"You had to play the part. I understand Malfoy. I understand doing everything and anything to survive. I did it for the last half a year."

He nods his head at her, but still won't look her in the eyes.

Why won't he look me in the eyes?
He saved our lives.
He should be proud.

"Why won't you look at me?"

"Because I am sick of being the one to always fucking watch you get hurt, and have to resort to hiding behind house elves to do the work of saving you for me. And before you get upset, that was not a slander to elves, it was slander to myself."

She shakes her head in frustration and reaches out and grabs both sides of his face and raises them to her.

"You once told me you were fucking sick of the things I was saying about myself. Well Malfoy, I am getting fucking sick of you not seeing your decisions and actions as anything less than some of the bravest things I have ever witnessed. Not only did you save me, but you saved all of the wizarding world by lying about Harry, by calling for help when help was needed, by coming up with this curse that buys us more time. I am amazed at your unprecedented mind that gets us out of situations even I cannot see any solutions in."

He was a member of The Order. He was another Snape. But The Order had no idea. They had no clue how they wouldn't even have a cause if it wasn't for the man she was holding in between her hands.

She knew she never had him figured out. That was part of the reason she always believed she was drawn to him. Always found her mind thinking about him, noticing him. He was a puzzle that she didn't know how to solve, but she loved the challenge of trying. Since she had been with them, he had shown her that most of how he acted the last couple years had been a performance, like they had done tonight. Like she is sure they will have to do again. He had been doing this for years. And somehow still found opportunities to do good.

She pulls his face closer to hers and rests her forehead against his.

"Thank you."

He scoffs and she feels his breath against her lips. And that fire in her belly starts to spark.

"I don't feel like it's enough."

"It is. It was. It has always been enough."

She feels his hands grab around her waist and pull her closer to him.

"You saved me Malfoy."

"You saved me Granger."

They both smile at each other and she watches as his eyes go to her lips.

"Not to cock block but Draco, we got an assignment."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.8K 788 47
It began with a blur, and suddenly I was in a dream like state, as my eyes came to a close and darkness conserved my body, my head rests on the cold...
683K 16.6K 31
Malfoy's handsome face was contoured into a condescending smirk. "No faith in that giant brain of yours, Granger?" She looked up at him defiantly. "M...
62.7K 5K 38
"Excusez-moi. Parles-tu coréen?" "Oui. Why?" I asked, switching to Korean. He breathed a sigh of relief, his lips curling into an awkward yet gratefu...
796K 31.4K 42
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...