Fairytail: The Legend Of The...

De MKS2810

"π™΅πšŠπš’πš›πš’πšπšŠπš’πš•: πšƒπš‘πšŽ πš•πšŽπšπšŽπš—πšπšœ 𝚘𝚏 πšπš‘πšŽ πšœπš™πš’πš›πš’πšπšœ. 𝙰 πšπšŠπš•πšŽ πšπš‘πšŠπš πš‹πšŽπšŒπšŠπš–πšŽ 𝚊 οΏ½... Mais

Note:
A Day In Hargeon
Lucy Heartfilia
The Beast
Beginning Of The End
Fairytail
The Luckiest Day
Natsu Dragneel
From 12 Years Ago In Past
Escaping The Past
Across The Ocean!
The Mission In Galuna
Unexpected Encounter
Curses of Tartaros
The Betrayal
|β€’|β€’|β€’|β€’|β€’|
Dusk Of Arrival
The Tale of the Tragedy-I
The Tale of the Tragedy-II
Fire & Ice
All For One
The Plan For Survival
Clash Of Ideals
Distrust And Suspicion
Rush Hours
Disbanded or Dark?
|β€’|β€’|β€’|β€’|β€’|
Gildarts Of The West
Destinations
'Their' Freedom
Master And Disciple
Team 1
Slavery
Crime Sorcière
The Surprise
The Late Night Visitor
Unforeseen
Babysteps
|β€’|β€’|β€’|β€’|β€’|
The Start Of New Chaos
Grand Entrance
The Conclusion
Reunion
Strange Passerby
The Flower Blooming Capital
Twin Dragons Of Sabertooth
Prison
The Heavy Blunder
The Boy From That Day
Raid On Crocus
"Kill Himari"
Control
Fumes of Darkness
|β€’|β€’|β€’|β€’|β€’|
Radiants
Dark Age
Two Friends
Teaming Up
Revanche and Redemption
Heavy Hitters
Ezel and Draken
Vessel Of Absorption
Start of Plan 0
His Defeat
Reawakening

Monsters

213 6 7
De MKS2810

Chapter-3
The fated meeting

•°.Monsters.°•

~•~

Sorry. I accidentally uploaded a part I was editing few days ago. Damn, how clumsy a person can be. Sorry again. ╥﹏╥. Story will get interesting from here.

The town of Spade was a small town located near the city of Clover. It got it's name from it's shape, which had an uncanny resemblance to the symbol of spade.

Lucy was really excited for this mission as it was her first official job. So excited that she cleaned all her keys with her handkerchief, which she never did. Well there was no need since they never got dirty.

For the past 1 year she earned money by doing small and common jobs with the help of her spirits like haircut, transfer of heavy luggage, singing for an performance in an auditorium, lighting fire for industries, replacing a water fountain (for which she received a painful punishment later) and many more.

She even fought battles with evil mages, a perverted mayor and many weird creatures. Some of them were easy and some of them were a bit harder, but none of them drove Lucy to her limits.

She was always happy helping people, even if the reward was small or the job was trivial.

The only thing that got hurt was her pride, pride as a wizard. No one really considered her a powerful mage, nor the employees or the bystanders.

Even Natsu, one of her spirits never considered her strong. He teased her on several occasions but got his mouth shut after Lucy teased him back for his strength.

Lucy always had a dream of joining the greatest guild of Fiore, that goes by the name "Fairytail."

Natsu always said that they will never accept a weakling like Lucy in their guild. This created doubts in Lucy's head and she never really mustered the courage to try to join Fairytail. Maybe it was the fear of losing her self-esteem or the thought of being suppressed by the strong that stopped her from even approaching the guild.

But this time it was different. She made a vow beforehand that she intend to fulfill despite her fears.

The steam engine stops at the station of Spade. Lucy glances out from the window. The station was deserted and looked abandoned for days.

Three people hopped out from the train from two different compartments, including Lucy. However by the time Lucy got out, the other two were already gone.

Lucy feels the rumbling of earth as train starts moving again. She wanted to see who else came to this deserted town but wasn't able to. She shrugs her shoulders and streches her arms in the air, "This is it" she mumbles.

"If I complete this job successfully, I will join Fairytail." She continues with a determined look on her face. "I won't fail this."

"No you can't join it.", she receives a reply from someone.

It was Natsu and she knew it. Without looking back she carried on her self motivation, "Don't worry Lucy, there will be obstacles and idiots on your path...a lot of them. Never take them seriously. Make your own way and let your actions speak for you..."

"Hey don't ignore me", Natsu says grabbing Lucy's arm to gain attention.

Lucy meets the gaze of Natsu's eyes. She flicks her wrist, escaping the grip of Natsu. Then they both makes a serious eyes contact.

Lucy thought that Natsu felt bad for her ignoring him, which seemed unreal. He never took these things to his head. As expected, this wasn't the case.

Before Lucy could open her mouth to speak, Natsu begins in a serious tone,
"Hey Lucy, three other people were traveling in this train-"
"two" Lucy interrupts but Natsu continues, ignoring her. "At all costs, don't make contact with them. They are real monsters."

Natsu was a lighthead who rarely got serious. But when he did got serious, you needed to believe him. It was always helpful... at least until now.

Lucy was still staring at Natsu but was lost in her own thoughts. Her eyes were wide open but she was not seeing anything. She was traveling a 15 hours journey with monsters... and the fact that Natsu was the one who told her this made it even more terrifying.

"Hey! Wait a minute", she says quickly, only to realize that Natsu had already disappeared.

This gives her goosebumps. Her mind floods with many scenarios in which she could have faced off with them, of course almost all of them were negative. Her motivation extinguished. She looks around her with a pale face. No one was there. She was alone.

"Maybe I will head back...", she says trying to move her stiff feets. She marches slowly towards the headquarters of the station, in hope to find someone. However, she changed her mind...

"But I can't..." she wishpers, stopping midway. "I have to do it, no I will do it!" She yells, throwing her fist in the air. "This is just a stepping stone that I must overcome. It's not like that monster duo will be after human flesh...! Of course not! If the push comes to shove, I will fight them off!"

The motivation gains its former glory and burns magnificently. "But first, here I come you lowly demon!" she yells again running down the street, away from the station.

•••

She goes deep in the town. No one was in sight. It really was deserted. All she saw was animals who were trying to adapt to the human colony.

"That's really wierd..." She says, cautiously walking forward, slowing her pace occasionally.

The job flyer did not mention any particular address. The only thing mentioned was "Town of Spade". It was Lucy's first official job so she thought that it was normal for employees to not mention their address...

After a good lonely walk of 10 minutes, fear finally starts overwhelming her once again.
Her steps become slower and her heart started beating faster. The sun made it even worse. She had to carry her heavy luggage that was adding to problems.

She was now feeling very insecure. The sound of every little movement ringed in her ears, making her jump scare at times. Her eyes didn't blink.

But soon, Lucy got an idea. A good idea to cover this anxiety.

"Oh wait I forgot it..." She mutters with her dry throat. "Open, gate of Canis Minor, Nikora.

"Pun Pun" Plue says after his glamourous entry.

She carries him in her arms, feeling a little less insecure.

After another walk of 10 minutes, she stopped and stood by a shop that was in a very bad shape right now.

She used a clean side of the wall as support and pressed her back against it, leaning on it. She puts her luggage against the wall too and decided to take a short break. She hugged Plue tighter...

Lucy was mentally tired and was sweating a lot. "What do I do" she says, questioning why did she even decided to come here.

"Oh? You are still here.", A voice out of no where comes. Lucy gets petrified. Footsteps grow louder as someone approach her from her right.

She knew Plue can't speak. Then also, there were those footsteps.

She wanted to look who it was but was too afraid to move her neck.

"Is it the monster that Natsu warned me about?" She asks herself, almost inaudibly.

"Your friend told you about monsters and you are still here?" the voice grows louder as a man get nearer.

Lucy gathers up all her courage and takes a gulp down her dry throat. She had to defeat him if she ever wishes to join Fairytail... Yes.. this right here, it is the first step!

She lets the man close in the distance between them, waiting for a perfect opportunity to attack, just like a predator...

The time finally came.

She lets go of Plue allowing him to slide down her legs. She slips her hand to her waist and unhooks a whip in an instant. "
Aaaaaaaaa" she yells maniacally and swings it toward the man with all her might.

"-Crash-"

It was clean hit. The man tumbled sideways into the wall of the little shop, making the white putty to fall from the outstretched roof of the shop.

"Roaahhhh!!! That hurts Lucy!!" Natsu screams in pain.

Lucy takes her time to stare Natsu, ensuring it really was him. She takes a relieved breath and keeps her hand on her chest, feeling the rapid pumping of her heart.

"Heyyyy you just knocked me out-" Natsu yells loudly holding his shoulder where the whip striked. "You should apologize-" But calms down as he sees at Lucy's annoyed expression "-at..least..."

"Now don't even get me started", Lucy says folding her whip back. "You were already injured from before... why do you keep coming." Her voice was concerned as she said it. She helps Natsu to get on his feet.

This time Natsu's waistcoat was tucked. So neither his stomach or the bruise was visible. She wanted to ask how it was, but couldn't, as Natsu says first.

"It's so hard to not talk to you. I was bored. Also you have something that I want."

"What's that something?" Lucy asks.

"My scarf." Natsu says, imitating it.

Now that he mentioned it, he really looked strange today. His waist coat was tucked and he wasn't wearing his scarf. A scar was revealed that stretched from his collar bone to backside of his ear, right side of the neck.

However the scar wasn't new for Lucy. She had seen it several times. She even asked about it several times but he never answered.

"We need to talk." Lucy says sharply and slowly.

"Yea? About what." Natsu says, completely clueless.

"I will tell you after I complete this job. Until then you won't get your scarf." She declares.

Natsu, confusedby now says. "Just say it now. What's the problem."

"We need to talk properly."

"Properly? Like whaaaaa-"

"Not here."

"...okay-Okay..." he groans.

"So how's your injury." She asks.

"I told you that was just a scratch", Natsu says, stripping.

"You don't have to strip!" Lucy scolds trying to stop Natsu.

"Nothing you haven't seen...."

"I only wanted to see the bruise..."

Natsu shows Lucy his bruise, without stripping, just untucking his waistcoat. It was gone, completely.

Phew, Lucy gives a relieved breath.

"Pun Pun." Plue adds to notify his presence.

Natsu gives a little grin at him and Lucy and then disappears.

"You lied Natsu...", Lucy mumbled after he was gone.

She continued her journey through the deserted city, but more confident this time. On her way she realizes that she forgot to ask him about the monsters he mentioned...bShe took out his key, but then, for some reason, decided not to call him for now.

11 years ago

"Wait you can actually see me?!", the boy says happily, holding Lucy's hand and shaking it violently.

Lucy becomes scared. She was told to stay away from people whose actions were practically like what the boy is doing at the moment.

She jerks her hand off his and steps back.

"W-Who are you?" she asks pointing umbrella at the boy as a weapon, not caring about rain anymore.

"Whoa you need to calm down."

"Who are you and what are you doing here near my mother's grave?" She repeats.

"Now that's 2 questions-"

"Who are you, what are you doing here and why in this weather-"

"I am Natsu. It all makes sense if you are her daughter." Natsu says in a friendly tone with a big smile.

"What do you mean?", Lucy asks, surprised and intrigued. She slowly lowers down her umbrella. His friendly voice and smile made her feel comfortable.

"You mother... she helpled me a lot. I am kind of a celestial spirit." He smiles again... but that smile doesn't last long. He turns away from Lucy and says slowly, almost sobbingly. "She was really the greatest, wasn't she?..."

"Huh?"

"I know I shouldn't bring it up..." Natsu shook his head.

Lucy becomes sad too. All the good memories of her mother comes flooding to her. She wanted to cry too. But instead she hugged Natsu from behind, leaving behind the umbrella.

"It's all right now."

"She is warm..." Natsu at first, doesn't resist at all... as if it was what he longed for... But in other instance, he escapes the hug of Lucy's and screams "I am not crying." He was red like a tomato, all flustered.

"So, tell me, why are you so small?" Lucy asks, trying not to laugh at Natsu's behavior. "All celestial spirits are big and strong but you are really small."

"Hey I am of your age. Don't call me small. And I am more like a human... call me a human spirit."
Natsu says really annoyed by being the immature one among two of them. He crosses his arms, puffs his cheeks and looks away.

Lucy was amused. She never heard anything like that. She was about to ask it but Natsu said something first.

"Now don't ask what's human spirit" He says without looking at her.

She nods and asked something else "So... so do you have a key?"

"Yes... a silver one."

"But you aren't a celestial spirit."

"Your mother made one for me. A key that forcefully sent me to celestial world, making me a kind-of-a-celestial-spirit."

"Mama did?..." Lucy asks with more interest.

"Yes. Celestial wizards can make such keys... I don't know how. But it doesn't matter anymore. I am dying right now. Better hurry back or you will catch cold.", Natsu says to Lucy casually.

But Lucy, naturally, becomes very anxious. Anyone would. She covers her mouth with her hands and slowly says, "What do you mean?"

"You haven't seen anyone die have you." Natsu says turning back, after seeing Lucy's timid expression. He finally got the domineering end if this conversation.

"Of course not!", She exclaims. Why is this kid asking her such questions?

"Well you will see on right now", Natsu says breaking the eye contact again, sitting on the damp ground. "It was my fault anyways. I deserve it."

"What are you saying! You are going to die and you are so calm. Whatever you did, you don't deserve to die!"

"What do you know about me?" Natsu says slowly, becoming almost transparent, glowing even more. He looks at his hand and says, "Seems like it's almost time."

Lucy panics. She, not knowing what to do anymore grabs Natsu by his shoulders and shakes him, "You can't. There must be something you want to do again. Eat your favorite food... play with your favorite doll... maybe buy something or meet you FRIENDS!!!"

"They can't see me. Only you can", Natsu says, maintaining his calm voice. He closes his eyes and lets his body go lose, not trying to push Lucy away from him.

"No way..." Lucy gasps.

"Without any owner I cannot survive." Natsu sighs. "Ugh... I don't want this loneliness anymore."

"What loneliness? I can see you. You are not alone!!"

"Actual-... Never mind... I won't be able to finish it before I die..."

"I-I will make a contract with you-u" Lucy says slowly, trying to catch her breath.

"I don't want t-" before Natsu could finish, Lucy shouts on his face, staring deep inside the eyes of Natsu's,

"I will protect you with my life."

These exact words have a deep meaning for Natsu.

Lucy didn't knew why she said that. It just came out. Natsu now was shivering. He opened his mouth to speak but no words came.

Present day

It's been another 30 minutes since Natsu left. Lucy has been wandering in this town for approximately one hour by now. But it all wasn't in vain.

Right now, she was in the heart of the town. A big street, surrounded by barren shops. Not too far, there was a huge mansion that was the only place looking habitable. It was dyed in bright white paint, almost making it look like marble. A big gorgeous gadern was built around it. Magic seals could be seen at small intervals on the bushes.

She closes the gate of Plue and enters in the garden cautiously. Everything about this mansion seemed to be too normal... it has to be it. You can't tell her otherwise.

Lucy reached the entrance door that was surrounded by two gigantic pillars. She simply knocked the door, politely saying, "Is anyone there?"

"Come in." a reply comes from inside. Lucy takes a gulp and slowly pushes the tall door. It was open...

As soon as she opened the door, she was greeted by a magnificent hall. It was lightened up by lanterns and AC lacrimas. There were 3 sofas in between, facing each other. The back of the sofa that was in between the other two was facing the gate, avoiding Lucy to see anyone who might be sitting on it. The major portion of the hall was decorated with artifacts and souvenirs.

It reminded Lucy of her house.

"Wow..." she says looking around, admiring it's beauty, not realizing any other presence in the room.

"It indeed is beautiful..." a women says. She was sitting with a man on the sofa. Lucy did not spot her when she entered. As soon as she noticed her, for some reason, she felt that she should apologize.

"I am really sorry for not greeting you earlier!" Lucy says bowing her head in panic. But her voice was formal and confident.

"She is a wierd one", Someone other than that women says. Lucy raises her head to take a glance of this someone. It was a man. But for some reason... he was stark naked right now.

"Eeeeek" Lucy jolts in surprise.

"Gray!! Your clothes" The women says standing up. She was wearing a armor, which was even weirder...

"Aye"
...a blue cat speaking was most weirdest thing Lucy had seen in her entire life.

No matter how wierd they were, Lucy wanted to know who these people are. She was about to ask a about introductions but stops and stares with curiosity in direction of the women. It was as if something stroke into her mind suddenly.

"Wait a minute... a red haired knight with armor... Erza scarlet... she destroyed the tower of heaven to save the world, took a hit from Jupiter cannon and fought the master of phantom lord bravely and was the key player in defeating Laxus in his rebellious phase and helped to stop Nirvana along with other guilds, which ultimately saved the universe... the strongest women of Fairytail..." Lucy says with trembling lips, panting a lot after saying it all in one go.

"You sure know a lot about me." Erza starts laughing at Lucy's late reaction.

"She's a faaaaan girl." The blue cat starts giggling too.

"Then you must be Happy and you Gray." she says pointing at them.

"Got that one right." Gray says putting his clothes on.

"Aye!" Happy adds.

"Natsu was right, there are 3 of them" Lucy mumbles. "Why would he ask me stay away from them..."

"So are you here to defeat the beast too?" Erza asks passionately.

"Y-Yes." Lucy says still not believing she was in front of her idols.

"Sorry but we are taking this job" Gray says coldly showing Lucy the job flyer.

"I have that too!" Lucy replies immediately showing them the flyer she had. She kind of felt demotivated at the same time since they are on the same job...

"I see. So it was sent to multiple guilds." Erza while cross in her arms.

"I am not in a guild actually." Lucy says hesitantly, avoiding the eye contact. Erza was as surprised as Gray. There was a short moment of silence that was broken by Happy.

"Then you must be weak." he says with a sigh.

"Hey watch it you blue catm" Lucy says immediately after getting her pride hurt.

Simultaneously, she keeps her suitcase against the sofa after realizing that she looked like an idiot for holding it like that even when she was inside.

Erza smacks Happy, a bit brutally, and makes him bow before Lucy.

"I am really sorry for my comrade." Erza says bowing on her knees too.

"You don't have to do that", Lucy says stepping back, trying to calm down Erza.

"Okay then what about this. We do this job together and divide the reward in half." Gray suggests trying to change the awkward situation. "Though, usually we compete with other guilds for the first-to-come-first-to-serve thing."

"That will be great", Lucy says agreeing without second thought.

"It's a deal then." Erza says getting up from the couch. "Looking forward to work with you." She offers a handshake to Lucy.

Lucy was delighted to shake hand with the 'Great Titania.'

"So what magic do you use?" Gray says after being jealous of Erza for getting a fan.

"Oh! I use Celestial Spirit Magic. Sorry, should have said about this earlier." Lucy says, giggling a bit out of boy.

But the others were too surprised to smile with her. There were not many celestial wizards in Fiore. Actually Lucy was the first mage they met in person who used this magic. It was pretty rare magic.

"Eh...?" Lucy mutters slowly, doubting if she said something wrong.

"That's awesome!" Gray yells in amusement, looking at the reward if the job once again. "You can take the gold key too!"

Lucy's excitement increases. She thanks them for cooperating with a wizard like hers and then asks whether they had met our client.

"No", Erza replies sincerely.

"Ehhhh... don't tell me barged right in.." Lucy frowns, fearfully surprised.

"What else do you expect?" Gray asks, somehow stripped again.

Before anyone could say any other word, the lighting of the hall goes off and darkness swallows the room. It was so sudden that none of them had a chance to predict this.

"I got this!" Lucy whispers as she pulls out Natsu's key. "Open gate of the dragon pal-". She stops in between. Normally keys react to magic of the caster. But there was no magic in Natsu's key. It felt blank... almost empty.

"What's wrong....." She whispers trying to feel the key in the darkness.

"Re-equip, morning star armor!" Erza chants as she changes her armor. The armor that she equipped was shining so magnificently that no one was able to see it. The room is lighted by bright light in a second. Only now did Lucy realize the difference between them and her. She starts to feel somewhat inferior...

"I would expect nothing less from Titania. This will do." A man says. Everyone jerked their heads in his direction. He was walking down the stairs that connected the hall to the first floor. He had a giant moustache with small eyes, and was wearing black suit.

The man then claps his hands in a certain pattern and the lights in the hall glows up again. Erza requips in her normal armor again.

"So are you the one who posted this job?" Gray asks showing the job request.

"Indeed it was me." The man continues, "My name is Mason. I have been the mayor of this town for the past 17 years. But half a year ago, a man-eating beast came to this city."

Lucy's eyes narrows as he mentioned a 'man eating beast'. She says in a low voice, "But it is not mentioned anywhere on this request flyer that it is a beast... I thought that he was a lowly demon. Nor is it mentioned that he is a cannibal..."

Gray and Erza looks at Lucy in surprise. Gray shows her his flyer. It clearly mentioned a man-eating beast instead of demon. Even the address was written on this one. But most important of all, it was labeled as a S-class request.

Lucy asks Mason, not expecting anything good at this point, "So who posted this job request? I found it in a street of Hargeon"

"Hargeon you say-", Mason scratches his chin and then says, "-Maybe someone from this town posted the job in Hargeon. You see everyone but me migrated from this town. It is real hell without the magic seals I have outside my mansion. The one who posted must have became impatient of waiting and wanted to gain attention of wizards, at a place where lot of people could notice it..."

Lucy takes a huge gulp. She is so done with this life. "I want to go home" she says slowly sobbing.

"Don't worry we will get through it." Erza says slamming Lucy against her armor in an attempt to hug her.

Lucy hugs Erza back. She was the first real human she hugged except her family and the servants.

"We will..." Lucy whispers.

Mason smiles and then says, "I don't wish to make you wait more than necessary. So now, I may explain the things we have noticed in this beast until now by the experience of living witnesses."

"The beast is actually suspected to be a mutation of a human being. He is 8 feet tall. He is blind folded for some reason. He can speak and understand our language. He has black scales that can protect him from any attack... at least from the attacks that survivors and victims tried in desperation.
Also, most important of all is that he uses fire magic, a strong one the produces red flames. He has one heck of a blood lust of humans... but recently he is only eating wild animals because he can't enter this mansion and there is no human in this town left. They are either killed or migrated. Light is his 'suspected' weakeness, that's why he only comes out of his hideout in night time."

•••

After this, the team of four discussed among themselves, with additional advice from Mason to come up with a strategy. They decided to leave at night.

"So Lucy can you manage to produce some light in the battle?" Erza asked.

"Yes you can count on me." Lucy replies with a thumbs up, still trembling at the thought of standing with best of Fairytail.

Of coure excluding Happy.

"So it's decided." Erza says. "We will divide in 2 teams. Happy and Lucy and me and Gray. Both Lucy and I can use our magic to produce light so it will prevent the beast from attacking. We should assume that the beast is strong. If our group finds the monster, we will fight it till he is defeated. But if Lucy, your group finds it, Happy will come to inform us and we will rush for you aid. Don't engage with it, just hold your ground. With light around, he won't attack you."

"That sums it up." Gray says stretching his arms. Erza nods and Happy does a 'Aye'.

Everyone seemed calm.

Lucy however was trembling. "OK I get the plan but why Happy?" She asks in a doubtful voice.

"Happy is the fastest communicator ever." Erza says patting Lucy on her back, more like patting the crap out of Lucy.

"If things get bad, Happy can carry you above the ground. Oh right we never told you. Happy can fly."

Lucy looks at Happy, still doubtful. "OK alright, let's do this." She says with a weak motivation.

"So then it's decided. You are like my guests. Please stay here until nightfall." Mason concludes.

"Thank you so much sir, that will be really helpful." Erza replies.

Mason rings a pocket bell and 10-15 servants arrive. "Show the guests their rooms" he orders. The servants take the guests to their rooms, carrying their luggage along side.

That night, they were treated with luxurious food, bath and entertainment. But it all did not lasted for long. Soon it was nightfall. For Lucy, it was the shortest day and longest night ever.

Continue lendo

VocΓͺ tambΓ©m vai gostar

177K 6.2K 50
> What happens when Lucy finds a golden key in her mother's room? A note that says it belongs to her? The key with the end shaped in a fire symbol...
547K 16K 45
As Lucy appears in the guild one day, she seems as normal and happy as everyone knows and loves; the girl Natsu and the others have known for a long...
213K 7.1K 21
Book #3 Lucy sacrificed herself to save Fiore; to stop the machine Loren and Lores constructed to destroy everything. But in order for it to have be...
4.5K 149 24
What if Lucy wasn't just a celestial mage? What if she was a celestial wolf slayer? Lucy was abused by her father from a young age. After a group of...