The Slipper & The Magic Mirro...

De wrenlo

All Nicole wanted was an autograph. All Waverly wanted was to be rescued. A Wayhaught love story told as a fa... Mai multe

Chapter 1 - What the...
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 20

82 2 0
De wrenlo

The now familiar feeling of being uplifted in spirit hit Nicole, a grin forming, her body rising a little off the seat, the tops of her thighs touching the underside of the table. "Wish you could feel this," she said to Jeremy. "It's like every Christmas and birthday in one."

"Drugs," he replied. "You're doing drugs now."

"Dust. The best in town. It'll help me see."

"Said every addict," Nicole beaming at him, the happiest he had seen her in a while. "Who are you looking for?"

"Someone who knows the world of magic, who has more knowledge than us."

Jeremy scanned the bar, busy with customers eating and drinking, not one looking out of place. "Are you sure you'll find them here?"

"There, in the corner booth," Nicole said. "Wait, there's another, a woman, red shirt, six o'clock. Which one, which one? I'm going with the older guy."

Nicole eased herself out of the booth, focusing her mind on her beloved Sandy, her feet remaining on the ground. Jeremy had hold of the back of her coat as a precaution, wondering if he had enough strength of keep her from floating towards the ceiling. Approaching the guy, he smiled, returning to his steaks and fries, inviting them to join him. "Troy," he said, after swallowing a piece of steak, washed down by a mouthful of beer. "What brings you to my table?"

"I'm looking for someone," Nicole began. "Someone who can help us unbind a spell."

The man's eyes rested on her for a while, kind eyes, the eyes of a grandpa watching his grandchildren play. Nicole felt their warmth, her legs hitting the underside of the table with a jolt, Jeremy grabbing her arm in case she zoomed upwards. "I see you partake in the dust. Wonderful stuff, although needs discipline. I once ended up clinging to the broadcast antenna at the top of the Empire State Building."

"This world is new to me. I've only just found out I'm Troy. My friend, she's fallen under a spell that's put her to sleep."

"And you need me to unbind the spell. Sadly I do not possess such knowledge."

Nicole's ass hit the seat with a thud. "Where do we get help? We have to find the forever flower."

"A friend of mine, maybe he will know. Come, I will take you to him. It's not far."

"Don't you want to finish your food?" Nicole asked, looking at the two bloody steaks on the plate.

With one swift movement the older man picked up both, swallowing them whole, letting out a contented low growl. "Part werewolf."

Jeremy and Nicole glanced at each other, no longer sure they were doing the right thing, deciding they had little choice but to trust this stranger. Stepping outside Nicole wasn't prepared for the sight before her eyes, spotting magical folk everywhere she looked. A woman passed them, smiling at Nicole, a baby dragon on a lead by her feet. She must have seen the shocked look on Nicole's face, lifting the creature off the ground. "He doesn't bite," she said, petting the smoking animal. "House trained too. Mind you, we end up with singed rugs if he doesn't get his daily walk. Don't we Felix?"

Nicole nodded by way of acknowledgement, her mind in overdrive attempting to understand the world she was seeing. Jeremy still had hold of her arm, tugging on it as her feet left the ground. "You're rising. Nicole, I might not be able to hold you."

Nicole shook her head. "Think sad thoughts. Think sad thoughts." Her feet hit the pavement, the woman still before them, smiling. "Still adjusting," Nicole said, bowing for no other reason than she had no idea what she was doing anymore. "We are in search of the forever flower."

The woman's eyes widened. "Oh my, good luck."

"You know of it?" Nicole pressed. "My friend, she needs help."

"I have heard of it. Old magic. Very old. I wish I could assist, but my knowledge doesn't extend that far. I hope your friend gets the help she needs."

The woman set her dragon down, proceeding on her way, nodding at the older man as she passed. He waited until she was some distance before speaking. "Ice maiden," he informed. "Here for the holidays and the cold weather. Dated one once. A little too cool for my liking."

"Can imagine," Nicole replied, unable to imagine anything in that moment, her eyes spying another magical figure on the opposite sidewalk. "Who is that?" she asked, motioning with her head. "Doesn't seem all that happy."

"Agelast," the older man replied. "Not someone to hang out with."

"Why?" Jeremy asked, unable to see any of what Nicole was taking in.

"Grave diggers for a reason. Miserable fellows, full of doom and gloom. Sat next to one in a bar once, nearly shot myself after a conversation on baseball."

Turning a corner, walking no more than a hundred yards, the older man stopped outside an Italian deli, opening the door, ushering them inside, leading them to a counter, where an elderly man was cutting slices of ham. "Ciao Angelo. Come stai."

"Not so good. Not so good. You here for your meat."

"I need your head today, on a floral matter."

Angelo looked up, staring at Nicole. "What can I do for you?"

"My friend is under a spell. I..."

"Not here. In the back."

The deli owner motioned for them to follow, guiding them to a door where a set of steps led to a basement. Switching on the light, Angelo went first, the void under the shop filled with hams and cheeses and boxes, upon boxes of Italian food. At the back of the basement was another door, Angelo retrieving a key from his pocket, opening the door to a room in darkness. As he switched on the light Nicole saw what appeared to be a small library, shelves upon shelves filled with leather-bound books, scrolls and artifacts. Jeremy saw nothing, wondering why they were being shown a room with empty shelving and a bare table in the middle.

"You must not speak of magic so openly," Angelo said, closing the door behind them. "Some do not take kindly to our presence in this world."

"I'm sorry," Nicole replied. "I'm new to all this. Everything."

"You're Troy," Angelo said, studying her. "Mother, or father."

"Mother," Nicole replied. "I think. Didn't know until yesterday."

"And, what brings you here seeking my help?"

"A friend. She ate a slice of pie which made her fall asleep. The wizard said unless we find the forever flower she will remain asleep for a long time."

Angelo shook his head. "Bad. That is bad. Who is this wizard?"

"I think he's called Swan. Or Svane, I'm not sure. He trapped Waverly inside a castle for a hundred years. We rescued her last night from the mirror. Well, the castle. And now she's asleep on my bed."

"I have heard of him. I thought he was long gone. Where is this mirror you speak of?"

"A theatre. He made her dance, ripped her wings off."

"Fairy you say. This too is bad. They are so sensitive to what they eat. The smallest amount can do harm."

Nicole blushed remembering their encounter with the chilli. "Can you help? I don't know what to do."

"I can help, I believe, but my fee is not cheap."

"I'll pay you anything. Name it."

"The dust in your pocket."

"But...but, what if I need it?"

"Two pinches you can keep, otherwise your friend will sleep."

"Okay. And, you're sure you can help?"

Angelo nodded. "I too am a wizard. The good kind, not like this Swan. I will help you. Now, where is my book on magical plants?"

Retrieving a dusty book from one of the shelves, Angelo proceeded to flick through its contents until it fell open on the page he needed. "Ah yes, the forever flower, Leontopodium alpinum. Or, as it's commonly known Edelweiss."

"Where do we find it?" Nicole asked. "Can we get it in New York?"

Angelo shook his head. "It grows on the top of mountains in Europe."

"So, we get on a plane," Jeremy suggested. "Or, have one sent to us."

"Obtaining the flower is extremely difficult, the possession of one is proof of unusual daring."

"There's got to be a way," Nicole said. "There's got to be. I'm not letting him win."

"It's used as an antidote to poison and sleeping spells. Ah, it must be administered no more than thirteen hours after the sleeping potion has been consumed. If not, the potion will take effect and your friend will continue to sleep for however long has been ordained."

"A thousand years," Nicole said, slumping on a barrel. "He's won. He's fucking won."

"Not necessarily," Jeremy said. "The New York Botanical Gardens."

"Right," Nicole said. "Meaning."

"The Pfizer Building."

"How is that going to help?"

"Robin and I went there last year. Not the research laboratory, the main gardens. I remember our guide saying they keep all seeds in vast underground rooms, chilled so the seeds won't germinate."

"You think they might..."

"Either that, or you'll have to fly to the Alps, get a flower within the time frame we have, which by my calculation is now ten hours and seventeen minutes."

Nicole turned to Angelo. "Will seeds work?"

"I guess. We will need to crush them and add them to an essence."

"An essence?"

"Your friend is a fairy. Do you know which folk she is from?"

Nicole looked at Jeremy. "No. Is there more than one?"

"Many. The antidote will only work if mixed with the right essence. Her people will keep a bottle with the dew from their chosen plant safe for such occasions. Without that your friend is doomed."

"I can get it. I have to get it. What do we do once we have both?"

"Bring them here. I will mix the antidote which you rub to her lips with the words I will give you."

"Okay, okay. Seeds, essence, antidote, words. Got it. And, that's it?"

Angelo nodded. "I fear your task is a difficult one. I wish you good luck."

Standing outside the deli, the effects of the dust having worn off, Nicole looked out on a typical New York day, determined not to be defeated. The older man who had taken them to Angelo shook both their hands. "You can find me most days in the bar, if you need me. I hope it works out for you."

"Thanks," Nicole replied. "I hope so too."

As they headed back to the apartment Jeremy was already working on a strategy for their next moves. "As I see it we have two options. We go together, or split up."

"I don't know which is better," Nicole said. "If we split up we have a chance I guess, but then neither of us has back up."

"Settled. Together. I would say let's tackle the mirror first, then the botanical gardens. We'll need to find out if any seeds are held in the research laboratory. Otherwise, we'll be tackling this blind. Leave that to me."

"Jeremy, thank you."

"What for?"

"For being you. I love Robin dearly, but I knew with your brains we'd have a fighting chance."

"Robin's pretty smart too. Even though he's afraid to show it."

"I know. But, I'd end up having to feed him burgers to keep him going."

Jeremy laughed. "What is it with him and food?"

The pair returned to the apartment to relay to Robin what their next quest would be. Waverly was still sleeping peacefully, an innocence in her expression breaking Nicole's heart. She promised to keep her safe, yet here she was once more under the control of that wicked wizard. For a second time Nicole vowed to rescue her, free her from the clutches of Swan, if it was the last thing she did.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

13.5K 518 22
《Fairy Tail x reader》 《Female Y/n / She/her pronouns!》 For a wizard to be both perfect and skillful in their abilities is to achieve self resonance...
1.7K 142 26
Waverly's life had taken a sharp turn in recent days, finding herself caught up in a series of events for which she had little explanation. A journal...
8K 224 25
A series of one shots, all about Wayhaught...!
363 36 23
Ivelle Preston had a perfectly normal life. She grew up in small English town, and she always wished she had a more adventurous life. Her wish came t...