FIRE AND GOLD ▸ JOHN MURPHY (...

By yestarday0

Inanna was sent to the ground with the other 99 delinquents. While looking for her friend, she's kidnaped by... More

introduction;
graphics.
trailer.
part one; lost and found
one; white empty room
two; run things
three; tent sharing
four; rescue services
five; jasper
six; hanging tree
seven; edge of the cliff
eight; charity project
nine; comeback
ten; feelings
eleven; fighting
thirteen; infernal maps
fourteen; friends
fifteen; it's a goodbye
sixteen; wounded back
seventeen; rippers
eighteen; frankenstien
nineteen; spacewalker
twenty; trip to memory land
twenty-one; best friends
twenty-two; wrong choices
twenty-three; minefield
twenty-four; sea creature
twenty-five; together
twenty-six; becca's wardrobe
twenty-seven; last tear
twenty-eight; fake commander
twenty-nine; price of life
thirty; less-enemies
thirty-one; city of light
thirty-two; stolen memories
thirty-three; end of the world, again
thirty-four; keryonjaka
thirty-five; arkadia
thirty-six; apologies
thirty-seven; cries and lies
thirty-eight; broken machine
thirty-nine; five years and earth apart
part two; game of survival
forty; half rations
forty-one; wonkru
forty-two; fighting pits
forty-three; dark year
forty-four; war
forty-five; worms
forty-six; secrets and natblida
forty-seven; ruler for the day
forty-eight; last chance
forty-nine; failure
fifty; no more charity project
fifty-one; guilty
fifty-two; it should have been me
fifty-three; cockroaches can swim
fifty-four; kinky and homicidal
fifty-five; primes

twelve; real rescue services

608 23 5
By yestarday0

"We're here now. Everything's gonna be okay."

It had been another ten days since I've last seen Murphy. I had passed by the dropship for the first time since I left some days ago only to see everyone but him. I spent a day watching every single part of that place, but he wasn't there.

We hadn't been training as much, instead of all day, we trained most of the night. Delphia said I needed to learn to fight at night and without needing to see the enemy.

Tiga left his village in the evenings and spent the rest of the say with us. Linn told me he has done this since he left.

Tiga had walked away from all the violence and went to live in a little village with his friend, Nyko. His wife had died protecting their child.

I had been walking around the woods for a while now, trying to find something to eat.

While doing that, I see a grounder with two people on a leach.

I notice that the two people walking behind his horse are no other than Bellamy and Finn. They both look like hell.

I decide to do the right thing and helped the poor bastards.

Linn is right, I'm way better at fighting with my blades than with the bow and arrow.

I walk towards the road and pretend to fall on the ground, hiding my painted and scarred face under my jacket, hoping that he would come to add me to his collection, knowing that he wouldn't if he thought I was a grounder as well. Turns out, it worked.

He comes to grab me and I flick my legs through his arm, cutting his throat. His blood paints my face red as I push the man off me, cleaning my weapon to my pants.

"You're welcome." I walk towards Bellamy and Finn untying his hands.

"Thanks," Bellamy says as I cut the rope from his wrists

"Where are the others?" I ask them.

"Probably in the dropship. We fought the Grounders. We burned them, and we won." Finn tells me and I nod.

I hear noise coming from the bushes behind us and I put myself in front of them, taking my bow and arrow, getting ready to shoot whatever came out.

Kane?

The Ark's here.

"Put it down, Inanna." He tells me and I do as he says.

"I just saved them, don't point that shit at me." I look at his gun.

"We're here now. Everything's gonna be okay." Kane says making me roll my eyes at him. "Come on, let's go to The Ark."

"I'm not going. Thanks for coming for our rescue but you're late." I spit at him as some people come out of the woods as well, one of them being Abby.

The woman who turned my father in for stealing medicine. The woman who killed him, and then my mother.

"You need to come with us. We're not letting you out there alone." Cosmos shows up behind them making me tense up. "It's not a choice."

Fuck.

I and Cosmos were walking towards The Ark while Kane and the others went to the dropship, looking for Bellamy's friends.

"I thought you were dead." Cosmos hugs me when we arrive.

"I'm not." I look up at him.

"You're clothes, what happened?" He looks at me from up to down putting his hands on my waist.

I can only think of John. He's everything on my mind.

"Nothing." I look at Cosmos pushing him away from me, slightly looking away trying to hide my discomfort.

I walk away from him and towards the closest source of water, drinking it.

"Inanna," Kane calls me. "Medical."

I get up taking a deep breath and walking behind him towards Abby.

"Give me your weapons, and go change before going to Abby," he orders and I look at him from up to down, scoffing. "Hestia-"

"No," I say shortly.

"We don't allow this in here. You look like a grounder, you fight like one." Kane says trying to sound kind but sounding like a son of a bitch.

"I said no. If you don't want me here, let me go, is that simple." I argue back and he looks at the guards to get me.

As soon as a blond woman grabs my arm, I flip her around putting her arm behind my head. The smallest move would break it.

"Inanna, step back!" One of the other guards tells me but I smirk at him, flipping her arm a little bit more, breaking it a little bit more.

"Shoot me or do anything that might hurt me, mentally or physically, and I'll turn her arm into spaghetti." I threaten them grabbing her arm tighter.

"Let her go and you can walk freely out of here," Kane says and I smile at him, letting her go, breaking her arm.

As soon as she screams in pain, the guards grab me, taking my weapons and tying my wrists. I could fight them but I didn't felt like getting shoot.

"Take her to the others. We'll take her to medical when she calms down." Kane orders and I stop using my legs forcing them to drag me to where they were taking me.

"Get up, Hestia." One of the guards tells me and I get up, looking at him, smiling to creep him out.

"You're out of your mind." The other one mutters making me laugh.

They take me to a room where Bellamy and Murphy were, each one tied to his side of the room.

"Oh, fuck me," I mutter as they take me to a place right in the middle of them so that I could see the fight in HD.

"Don't kill anyone." One of the guards tells me and I smile sarcastically at him.

"I'll try my best." I wink at him as he walks away making me laugh. "This should be fun," I mutter, looking between the two of them.

"What are you doing here?" Bellamy asks me.

"Turned the blond guard's arm into spaghetti," I tell him breathing out noticing that Murphy doesn't even look at me straight.

Suddenly I hear Raven screaming at the top of her lungs.

"What's wrong with her?" I ask them worried.

"Your boyfriend over there shot her. She can't move her legs." Bellamy explains and I take a deep breath. "He also hanged me."

"You had it coming. Should have killed you." I smile at him sarcastically, none of us addressing the 'boyfriend' part.

"If you wanted me dead as much as you say, you wouldn't have saved me earlier."

"I had my reasons," I say as Raven screams again.

"Yeah, that was me at the Grounder's camp," John says and my heart shrinks, I should have gone with him, or at least I should have looked for him, but I didn't.

We knew each other for a month and I felt like I knew him since ever. Even me feeling something for him, I abandoned him twice.

"You know, I did everything I could not to scream, but eventually..." He keeps saying making me look down.

"...but eventually, you broke and you told them everything." Bellamy finishes.

"And you wouldn't have because you're better than me," John argues.

"Damn right," Bellamy says not looking at him, but I see John smiling sadly. "I'm not a traitor. I didn't tell them where they could find us."

"And I did. Yeah, I did. After they tortured me in a prison camp for three days, but go ahead. You just keep believing, even if you are in here... just like me."

* * *

We hadn't said a word since then until it was night time. Suddenly the door opens and Finn comes running in with a backpack.

"Get up, we're going after them," Finn tells Bellamy freeing his hands from the wires around them.

"I saved you. I'm going too." I tell them and Finn comes to help me out of the wire around my wrists.

"Whoa, whoa, what about me?" Murphy asks and I walk towards him taking a knife from my bra and cutting the wire tying us to the wall, but not the one tying his hands

Delphia had told me that keeping it on the boot was predictable. Instead, I would cover the blade and stuck it on the center gore of my bra.

"You're coming too," I say as he gets up.

"Since when?" Finn snaps at me.

"Since I said so." I walk past him and Bellamy grabs John by the back of his shirt.

"Abby's gonna give us guns," Finn informs us as we walk away.

"Abby?" I ask scoffing a little.

"Yeah, Abby, you have a problem with that?" Finn asks me back and I laugh at how mad he looks.

"If I have a problem with talking with the woman who got my father floated? No, why would I?" I say sarcastically. "I'm gonna get my weapons."

"Gotta have to work with guns now," Bellamy mutters.

"Wait for me at the door, two minutes," I tell them as I run in the opposite direction.

"No! Hestia! Fuck." Monroe whispers at me but I ignore her.

I knock as few guards as I can until I'm finally able to reach my weapons. I grab my bow and arrow, and my two blades. They had my coat too so I took it back.

In less than two minutes I was on the door.

"Told you." I flip my weapons on my hands, putting them on my belt.

Finn and Bellamy had seen me with them but neither Murphy, Monroe, nor her friend. The three of them looked at me very confused, which I just ignored.

We run towards the place Abby said she would meet us and she's already there, with a guard on her side.

"You're late," Abby tells Finn.

"Give me a reason," I mutter grabbing my weapons harder, trying my best not to slash her throat open.

"Hestia decided to bring company." He looks at Murphy as I swallow hard looking at Abby's face.

I can see by the look on her face that she is not happy for none of us being there. Especially not me.

"I'm with Hestia. He's the only person that's been in their camp." Bellamy speaks up and I look at him impressed that he actually agreed with me on something.

The guard on Abby's side nods and she takes two guns, giving them to Bellamy and Finn.

"How did you get your weapons?" She looks at me.

"I have my tricks," I tell her, looking at her from up to down. "Don't worry no one's dead."

"I hope not." She mutters and I scoff.

"Find my son. His name is Nathan Millers." The guard asks and we nod at him.

"Bring them home," Abby tells us and we walk away.

We walk for a while, and I notice that the way we're walking would also take me to my people.

"I'm sorry," I mutter walking by Murphy's side. "I didn't mean to-"

"You never do."

"I really am sorry." I look at him but he walks faster, keeping up with Bellamy.

I look at them in front of me, taking a deep breath before doing what I do best.

Run.

I run the other way as they walk further into the woods.

I arrive home some hours later. When I walk around to find them, I notice that no one is there. Not Linn, not Osmo... not Delphia.

I take my blades and walk room by room, house by house. Everything's all over the place. They didn't leave. They were taken. There was blood on the floor and a guy with a yellow plastic thing dressed laying on the floor.

"No, no, no, no..." I mutter as I walk towards him trying to figure out if he was alive or not.

I notice that he's begging for help, I take the yellow plastic out of his head, as soon as I do, he starts burning and screaming, his skin melting, panicking, making me put it on again.

"Where are they?!" I scream at him but nothing.

I stick my blade into his leg looking into his eyes.

"Where are they?" I ask again but still, nothing. "You know what yellow man?" I get up and walk towards the poisons that were on display. "What do you prefer? Excruciating pain..." I take one of the bottles, "...or excruciating pain?" I smile at him, taking another bottle.

He only moans in response.

"Never mind, I decide. I'm thinking about... excruciating pain number two." I look at him at the last four words, then back at my weapon, putting a bit of the herb on a leaf and passing it through my blade.

I close the bottle, slowly so that his torture gets prolonged.

I get towards him forcing him to look at it.

"You can tell me now, or you can wait until I stick it in your belly. Your choice." He nods in reply making me take a deep breath before sticking it on him.

He screams in pain immediately.

"Tell me where they are, and I'll make it stop," I say with a soft tone.

"The m-" He mutters some inaudible shit.

"The what?"

"Mountain. T- Th- the-the mountain." He shutters and I nod.

"And how do I get them out?"

"The c- the cave. Whe-when t-they get ou-out. T-the rippers" He cries making me nod.

"When's that?"

"I- I don't- I don't know. I don't know. Please stop." He keeps crying.

I take the blade from his body and as I knew, the pain intensifies.

"No. No! You said it would stop, no." He cries desperately.

"I lied." I clean my blade of his blood and poison. "I'll leave you here, alone, and dying. Take it as a reward for kidnaping my friends. I could give you the antidote but it would be a waste. You can't move so you can't really go and get it." I place the antidote at his sight but too far away from his reach.

Delphia had told me about Indra, she said she was the leader of the warriors. She led people and right now, I need help.

I go to Delphia's bedroom while the yellow man dies, trying to find some sort of a map.

I go to her drawer and I found a lot of things, but not a map. Then I go to the dresser, then under the bed, and finally, on the chest she had on the corner. Nothing. As I'm panicking I catch a glimpse of something under her gigantic dresser.

I kneeled down and grab the notebook under it. I open it trying to find something and I laugh a bit when I finally found something. A fucking map.

I ran out of her little house and pass the dying man.

"No! Please!" He begs and I take a deep breath walking towards him and taking the thing from his head, grabbing his face tightly forcing him to look at him.

"Don't test my patience," I say steadily waiting for his life to escape him as he looked into my eyes.

A tear escapes my eye but I clean it away, opening the notebook and running towards Indra.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 86 13
"𝙄 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙤𝙣𝙚." OR 「𝘐𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘢 𝘣𝘰𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘤...
27.1K 540 29
"𝙈𝙚𝙚𝙩 𝙢𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙡𝙞𝙫𝙚. 𝙄 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙬𝙖𝙞𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩." OR 「𝘐𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤�...
10.3K 164 28
Alia Jasso has lived her entire life on the Ark. Her parents died when she was younger, but she always had her best friend to back her up and support...
769 16 8
(s1) a young girl with 99 other criminals gets sent down to earth to see if the planet is survivable after it's has been covered in radiation for 97...