HIS PRIDE ⇀ Manjiro Sano

By IronNomad

"I don't know, It's nice to not be treated like some gang leader. It's nice to be treated like a normal guy."... More

Cast
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
CAST | 2
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
CAST || 3
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40

Part 10

2.5K 136 49
By IronNomad

"No, you can't just wear that. You said it yourself right? It's a date?" Asahi hummed as he picked our clothes for the shorter boy to wear.

"I don't want you buying me things, Asahi. You work hard for your money." Akira mumbled as he followed the boy who scoffed, pushing a shopping cart.

"Shut up, it's my money so I'll spend it how I want, what about this?" Asahi asked, holding up a nice-looking shirt causing Akira to shrug.

"Yo, wear this, this, and this." Mitsuya simply spoke, folding the clothes he just brought over over the side of the cart.

"You sure?" Akira asked, looking at the street ware that Mitsuya had grabbed.

"Yeah, he likes these kinds of clothes, wouldn't shut the hell up when he saw you at the meeting." Mitsuya rolled his eyes as Asahi threw his arm over the shorter boy's shoulders.

"Ah, come on now chrome dome, you asked me for my number that night too." Asahi chuckled, smiling at the shorter boy who rolled his eyes and shrugged him off,

"Only because I had a feeling your useless ass would get yourself in trouble..." Mitsuya sighed causing Akira to lightly chuckle at the twos horrible flirting,

"Thanks, Mitsuya, I do appreciate it," Akira said causing the boy to give him a small smile and a nod.

"Sure, Mikey's been single since I can remember, about time he finds someone," Mitsuya spoke causing Akira to slightly blush and nod.

"What're you guys doing anyway?" Asahi asked, scratching the back of his neck as he walked towards the checkout.

"Oh, we're just gonna eat at the park, nothing too big." Akira shrugged cussing Mitsuya to raise an eyebrow.

"The park huh? Draken sure is good at picking out places." Mitsuya mumbled, being sure that his tall friend had picked it out.

"Alright, I'm gonna go check out. You two can go do whatever." Asahi spoke causing the two to nod, walking to the exit of the clothing store.

"You excited?" Mitsuya asked Akira quickly quirking his eyebrow.

"Maybe, why?" Akira asked the boy who shrugged, a smirk on his face as he put his hands behind his head.

"Just asking, ya know, Mikey hasn't asked anyone out, like ever. He hasn't even shown interest in anyone." Mitsuya spoke causing Akira to shrug.

"They probably just treat him like some god walking among people as everyone else does. He's just a person, just like me." Akira spoke causing Mitsuya to nod, taking a sip of his drink.

"What about you and Asahi, hmm?" Akira asked causing Mitsuya to nearly choke on his drink.

"Asahi?! The hell are you talking about?!" Mitsuya choked out causing Akira to chuckle and shake his head. Muttering out a small 'never mind, geez.'

"What about me?" Asahi's deep voice asked out, Mitsuya's normally calm face now in a deep shade of red.

"Nothing, big guy, nothing." Akira chuckled as Asahi handed the boy his bags.

"Thanks again... you didn't need to do all this," Akira spoke causing Asahi to scoff and shake his head.

"And let my best friend go to his first date looking like a bum? I don't think so." Asahi spoke causing Akira to roll his eyes.

The trio walked back towards Asahi's home, chatting about random things.

"I know Draken is taking Emma, since she begged and begged him too. Then Takemitchy is taking his wifey." Mitsuya spoke, Akira tuning back into the conversation.

"Hmm?" Akira hummed, looking at the boy for clarification on what they were talking about.

"The festival, dummy," Mitsuya spoke causing Akira to roll his eyes, lightly shoving his friend.

"Oh, are you going, Mitsuya?" Akira asked causing him to shrug, turning to face forwards.

"Yeah, he is." Asahi spoke, a smirk on his lips as he threw his arm over the shorter boy's shoulders. Mitsuya's cheeks quickly lit up like a Christmas tree at the action.

Akira's laughter startled the two as he shook his head, patting Mitsuya on his back.

"Uh-oh, looks like big head over here is attached," Akira spoke, not helping Mitsuya's blush.

"Oh yeah sure I'm the one with the big head- you're the one going on the date with the king of the Manji gang." Asahi spoke causing his best friend to roll his eyes.

"Shut it, giraffe-"

"Excuse me? Mr.Ito?" A voice spoke from behind them causing the boy to furrow his eyebrows, turning around to find two police officers standing there.

Akira felt his legs twitch, he could run, he could get away surely. He was fast and he knew the area, but how long would that last? How long could he run just to escape his asshole of a father?

"Yeah yeah, you caught me." Akira sighed, holding his bag towards Asahi, looking at him with a slight sigh. The taller boy was grimacing at the officers, his hands curled into fists. Akira shook his head quickly, stopping the boy from doing something rash.

"It's fine, Asa. I'm not under arrest, am I officer?" Akira asked the policeman, trying to reassure his big friend. If Asahi got arrested, it would throw away all of the boy's scholarships and Akira refused to have that.

"No, son. We just have some questions then we're going to take you, parents." One of the officers spoke causing Akira to sigh, nodding and submitting to the officers.

Akira knew he had to face the music of his dad someday, he just wished it didn't interfere with his date with Mikey that night.

"Mitsuya, tell Mikey that I'm gonna be a little late," Akira mumbled, turning towards the car, furrowing his eyebrows at the sight he saw. Takemichi had been running towards the group, stopping as he saw Akira getting taken into the police car. Had he been following them?

"I'll see you guys in a few, I guess," Akira mumbled, getting in the back of the police car.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

The black-haired boy had laid his head down on the table in the small isolated room, he hadn't slept well the night before as Draken's couch wasn't the most comfortable sleeping arrangement. It was still better than his father's shitty apartment though, he'd sleep on the streets before returning there.

The door opened causing the boy to glance up, a new person, a lady entered the room. Akira sighed as he sat up in his chair, yawning as he ran his hand over his face.

"Akira, I assume. Unless I have the wrong room!" The woman spoke, slight humor in her tone causing Akira to nearly roll his eyes. He'd been missing a date for this so he wasn't in the mood to hear this woman's shitty jokes.

"Yep," Akira spoke, his eyelids nearly covering his eyes completely as exhaustion continued its hold on the boy. The woman smiled at him before sitting down across from him, placing a file on the table.

"It's nice to meet you, Akira. You are quite the complicated kid to find, you know that?" The woman said causing Akira to slightly scoff.

"Yeah, there's a reason I've been hiding the last few weeks ya know," Akira mumbled, leaning back in his seat to stretch his arms and his back. The lady lightly chuckled before looking up from the file, looking at the boy with slight curiosity in her eyes.

"Oh, you don't know do you? We've been looking for you for a lot longer than a few weeks, young man." The woman spoke causing Akira's breath to stop for a second. The hell was that supposed to mean? A lot longer than a few weeks? His confusion must've shown on his face as he leaned back forwards on the chair as she continued.

"Tell me about how your parents found you, Akira." The woman spoke, holding her head up with her hand as she propped her arm up on the table.

"I was adopted when I was around five. My mom said my biological parents dropped me off at the firehouse, guess I wasn't really a top priority for them." Akira spoke, fiddling with his hand by running his finger up and down his palm as he reminisced about both his mother and the story of how they'd found him.

"And your mom, she passed a while ago, four years correct?" The woman asked causing the boy to nod, not wanting to verbalize his mother's passing once again. The woman bit the inside of her lip as she opened her file, reading a few things before sighing.

"How's your relationship with your father?" She mumbled, not looking up at the boy. Akira scoffed as he shook his head.

"Calling it a relationship would be generous." Akira simply spoke causing the woman to nod, looking up at the boy and taking her glasses off before rubbing her face.

"All this time... you were right here in Tokyo." She sighed, shaking her head. Akira furrowed his eyebrows, becoming slightly agitated. What the hell was she talking about? She had treated him like some sort of myth since she got into the room and he was starting to get more and more irritated by it.

"Alright, cut the shit. Why're you treating me like some exhibit in a museum? You've been eye-fucking me since you came in here, why?" Akira finally snapped, leaning forwards on the table causing her to slightly widen her eyes before calming down with a breath.

"Akira, you weren't ever adopted, legally at least. You were abducted as a baby, straight from the hospital. Your biological family has been looking for you since, searching everywhere but since your father had worked for the hospital, he had all of your paperwork and forged your birth certificate. He'd even told all of his colleagues and friends that his wife was pregnant the months before he took you." The woman confessed, nearly stopping Akira's heart. The boy couldn't believe her, that was his whole life she'd been talking about. His mom wouldn't do that! She wouldn't allow his father to steal a baby, surely! It was all bullshit, it had to be!

"You said that you weren't your biological parent's priority? They've never stopped looking for you, Akira. Why I was 'eyefucking' you? I've been looking for you for the past sixteen years, you understand? When your father reported you missing, I couldn't help but take notice of everything. The same first name, the same birthday, the same eye color. I hadn't been sure until one of your friend's fathers had reported that he'd thought something was off with your dad." She explained as Akira sat back in the seat, trying his best to absorb all of the information that she'd been telling him. His whole life was a lie? His mother lied to him.

"They're so excited to meet you, Akira. Oh, right! Your actual last name..." She spoke, smiling at the boy. Akira looked up at her on instinct, his body and mind were in complete shock as he nodded at the woman.

"Your name is Akira-"

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

Hey everyone! Thank you all so much for the condolences and support on everything, it's honestly helped me a ton as well as writing. I really really enjoyed this chapter- sorry for the wait! I hope it was worth it and the cliffhanger isn't too much! don't worry! I won't make you wait too long, I'm gonna write the next chapter tomorrow! I'd love to hear all of your guesses on who Akira is related too! Also, I didn't forget abt Mikey and Aki's date! It's coming soon, maybe they'll even go to the festival together ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34K 1.1K 38
# in which a girl coincidentally met a delinquent and fell in love ーa baji keisuke fanfiction baji x fem!oc hhcnma, august 2021 i do not own tokyo re...
1.6K 63 7
❝𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐂𝐇𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐒 𝐈 𝐆𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐘♡︎𝐔 𝐌𝐘 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓.❞ Where a christmas event slides into the school, and the students have to gift the p...
119K 3K 101
**My family** A half Japanese girl came back to her mom's hometown, and meet her childhoods friends. In order to get closer to her friends after leav...
9.4K 219 12
"...Come back now Mikey. Let's go home." You smiled at the boy. 𝘔𝘢𝘯𝘫𝘪𝘳𝘰 𝘚𝘢𝘯𝘰 "𝘔𝘪𝘬𝘦𝘺" 𝘹 𝘍! 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳 !!EXTREME SPOILERS!! !!Follo...