Burning Down | Harry Potter

By narcissablacc

~Where dwell the brave at heart, their daring, nerve and chivalry sets a Gryffindor apart~ What if there was... More

Announcement
Prologue
00.
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
~Cordelia Black~
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37. (Important)
Act II
38.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
Act III
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
79 (II)
80

39.

4.2K 149 6
By narcissablacc

Lucius Malfoy apparated himself and his son, Draco Malfoy, to St.Mungo's as soon as Draco stepped down the Hogwarts Express.

The young Malfoy heir didn't know what to expect, he was worried he would have to witness an unconscious girl with a tube down her throat, like his mother had described in her letter.

But to his utter relief, he had to witness no such sight.

Cordelia was sitting upright and talking to his mother.

"Draco" the young grey eyed girl smiled upon seeing her cousin.

"Draco" his mother followed suit, getting up to greet him.

"Mother" Draco sighed, relaxing in his mother's embrace.

"Cousin" he shook hands with Lia, who rolled her eyes at his formal tone.

"How are you feeling?" Lucius Malfoy's not-so-cold voice was heard.

"I'm alright" Lia dismissed with a smile.

"Gave me a scare! The Professors didn't even notice" Draco spat the latter half, annoyed.

"So I heard. Thank you though, had it not been for you-" but she was interrupted when Draco waved his hand in a dismissive manner.

"You're my friend" he shrugged, making Lia smile.

"But what were you doing in the forbidden forest?" Lucius asked curiously.

Lia thought it over, what does she tell them? That she discovered who the dark Lord had sent?

"I, uh" Lia hesitated, wondering if all the three Malfoy's actually knew about Moody.

"I don't remember, I only remember that one of the first years asked me to go to Dumbledore's office. I was halfway there before everything turned black" she told them, with uncertainty.

The three Malfoy's looked at Lia with questioning eyes, not buying the lie she made up but didn't press.

"You- you heard about Diggory?" Draco asked in a hesitant, small voice.

"Yeah, but not much. What happened?" She stated, feigning oblivion.

"He died during the third task, scarface claims the dark Lord killed him. Even Dumbledore announced it in the great hall today" Draco stated with a sneer on his face

"Obviously that's a lie" Lucius drawled, "Dumbledore is making up."

Lia opened her mouth but closed it, not wanting to discuss something like this in a public, where anyone could be listening.

"You were friends with that boy?" Narcissa questioned softly.

"Would you mind if I was?" asked Lia in an equally soft voice.

"No" Cissa smiled.

"Longbottom sent a letter" Draco said picking up one of the letters.

The students at Hogwarts didn't know exactly what happened to the young Black girl, but knew that it was serious enough that she had to be admitted to St.Mungo's.

"Weasley sent one too" Draco said with a disgusted face.

"You can throw it away" Lia shrugged.

The letter was rubbish.

For Lia it was, for her it looked as a formality that the Weasley boy felt obliged to do, after accusing Lia for the past years.

Narcissa and Lucius looked happy to hear that she didn't regard anything sent from a Weasley worthy.

It was time for Narcissa to leave, along with Draco and Lucius.

"Thank you" Lia said, hugging Narcissa.

"Of course, you're like a daughter to me-"

"I love you" she whispered, almost inaudible.

"I love you too" Narcissa smiled, it was the first time that young girl had said something like that to Narcissa.

Remus had not much to say except for the fact that Sirius needed a place to lay low. Which Lia shrugged at, saying how he can do what he wants.

"Is it because of Cedric?" He sighed at the vacant responses.

Lia simply cranked her neck, staring up the ceiling as tears blurred her vision. Tears she didn't want to shed.

"You can talk to me..... I don't think anyone would understand how it feels losing a friend better than me right now?" Remus sighed.

"You won't understand" she croaked. Taking in deep breaths, which made her wince due to her ribs.

"Try me"

Lia only shook her head, a few tears slipping down her sides of the face.

"How was your day?" She heaved, not wanting to talk about Cedric.

"Boring. How was yours?"

"Boring" this made Remus chuckle lightly.

"You had people over" he stated.

"Yeah.... Cissa wants me to live with her for a few weeks after I leave St.Mungo's" she looked at Remus for an answer.

"I...." Remus didn't want to let Lia go, for obvious reasons but he knew he could not stop her if she wanted to, "Do you want to?"

Shrugging Lia replied, "She says she can take better care of me" she said with a sly smile.

"I don't disagree" Remus rolled his eyes.

"But I don't think that's entirely true" this made Remus smile lightly, "But I would like to spend a few weeks there. I'll be back by the end of this month?"

"Of course. But do write and tell me if anything happens" Remus added with an authoritative voice.

"You write to me as well" Lia smiled.

-

Dumbledore arrived at St.Mungo's the next day.

Narcissa said she would be a bit late, while Remus stayed, as Dumbledore spoke to Lia.

"Ms.Black" the old man greeted the girl calmly looking around.

"Professor Dumbledore" Lia said in a curt voice.

"How are you feeling?" He asked eyeing the sweets laid out on the table beside her bed.

"Alright" Lia kept her answers clipped and short.

Dumbledore observed the girl, his crescent shaped glasses sat in the middle of his nose.

"Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm assuming that you know about Mr.Diggory?"

"Headmaster I-"

But Remus didn't get to finish his sentence, which made him sigh at the girl's stubbornness.

"Yes. I did in fact hear quite a long story" Lia narrowed her eyes.

Dumbledore hmmed, picking up a package of sweets, "Never had these before" he mumbled to himself.

"Why I'm here to say thank you, for your efforts Ms.Black, a very commendable and noble thing to do" he stated.

"Wish you could've done that sooner" she mumbled underneath her breath.

"Before I leave, I must know if you believe Mr.Lupin here, Ms.Black?" He had a twinkle in his eye.

Lia stared blankly at the headmaster for a moment, before saying "I believe Cedric's death was not a tragic accident."

"Very well, I must leave now. I hope you remember your friend in the choices you make in the future" he smiled at the girl.

"Remus, a moment if you please" he led Remus out of the room.

Lia stared blankly at her hands, her memories flashing before her eyes.

Memories of her and her brother-like figure Cedric.

"Sorry" Remus said, returning back to the room, "I know it's still a sensitive topic."

"So.... how are you?" She questioned her guardian.

"As alright as I can be, knowing the child I'm responsible for is spending her time at St.Mungo's" he said with a sarcastic smile.

"Must be doing too well then" Lia chuckled.

"But I meant how are things at home? Mipsy? Billy?"

"They ask about you, want to meet you"

"Why didn't you bring them with you then!?" She whined.

"I didn't know-" Remus looked nervous.

"Worry not, worry not Alpha. It's simple" Lia smiled sweetly at Remus.

"MIPSY! BILLY!" She howled, startling Remus, who went to question her but was interrupted when he heard two loud pops.

It was the them. Here.

"Miss!" The two elfs wailed, upon seeing Lia sitting on the hospital bed.

"Hello" Lia waved, the two elfs climbed up on her bed.

"I didn't know they could do that" Remus frowned.

"Not many know, but yes they can. When their master they are bound to forever calls for them" Lia explained.

"Mipsy missed you Miss, the new guest is not so nice Miss" Mipsy complained.

"Master Remus is in the kitchen, always" Billy grumbled as well, "It is us who have to serve our masters. He is making us feel bad."

Remus flushed a little at that.

"He didn't mean to" Lia smiled.

"How are you Miss!" Mispy exclaimed, pushing Billy behind her, who made a grunting noise.

"I'm alright now. I should be home soon, but I will be staying with Narcissa for a week or two before I'm back" she stated.

The two elfs nodded enthusiastically.

A few minutes later, the two elfs were dismissed.

They apparated back with the letters and sweets that sat on the table beside Lia's bed, with orders to serve the guest while he stays.

"So... you didn't tell me about Si- your padfoot" Lia teased Remus.

But Remus never got to reply when Narcissa came in, with Draco.

"I'll tell you when I arrive later" he smiled before walking out of the room.

"Why would you-"

"Don't finish that sentence Draco" Lia warned.

"When can you go home?" Narcissa questioned, placing down a box of sweets and cakes from home.

"They say tomorrow" Lia smiled at her godmother.

"Then it's settled then, you come with us tomorrow straight to the Manor" Cissa smiled.

"My belongings...." Lia trailed off.

"Oh mother didn't spent hours in Diagon Alley only for you to worry about your belongings" Draco mused.

"Cissy-"

"I'm deaf to any complaints" Narcissa said looking up at the ceiling making the two teens laugh softly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 56.3K 115
π‰π”ππˆππ„π‘ π‹π˜π‘π€ ππ‹π€π‚πŠ, born to Lyra Potter and Regulus Black, is Harry's older cousin, 1/3 of the Prankers Trio and niece to mass murder...
30K 742 35
My story is a little different from others. "Of course that's why he knew what to give you Harry!" Hermione tells him. "Who is that? Jayden Potter...
72.2K 2.1K 53
"Be a good girl and listen" his voice was cold yet demanding and dominate "Y-Yes" I felt my breath hitch as I suddenly felt small Her name is Syden...
42.2K 875 44
What if there was more to the Prophecy of Harry Potter? Dumbledore has more than just memories to share with Harry this year. Love was the one thing...