Not Your Ordinary Man| Kim Se...

By JustinSeagull12

You twisted the door knob then heard him yell. "Don't!" Too late, you opened it already. You suddenly let... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Author's Note!
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59

Chapter 60

316 15 4
By JustinSeagull12

The night sky was suddenly filled with dark heavy clouds. The rain started pouring, the lightning was striking and the thunder was rumbling. It does not make the situation any better.

Hoseok covered his ears, not liking the sound of thunder. You started to become anxious since Jin wasn't answering your calls.

"I think his phone is turned off"you sighed before starting to bite your fingernails.

"I still don't understand what is happening. Is it what I think it is?"Jungkook spoke. Taehyung started pacing back and forth which made you feel uneasy. Yoongi took out his phone and tried calling Jin as well even though he doesn't understand what is happening either but it seemed to be there's no signal as of the moment.

"I watched the weather forecast yesterday, they reported that there won't be a thunderstorm today and for the next few weeks"Yoongi stated. Hoseok would flinch and let out a noise every time the thunder roared.

"Jin can manipulate the weather, right? Why isn't he stopping the sudden thunderstorm?"Hoseok trembled, freaking out.

"I don't feel something good. He isn't stopping it. Why is Jin not stopping it, Tae?"Jimin murmured to Taehyung. Merpeople can manipulate the weather if they wanted to but not to the extent of creating storms but just some light rains or a cloudy summer sky. However, royal mermeople can create storms, whirpools, and tsunamis. Not all storms are caused by royalties though, some of them are really formed naturally by the nature itself.

By what Yoongi said about the weather forecast earlier, it was clear that the thunderstorm happening right now is not caused by nature.

"What if he is starting it?"Taehyung spoke. "What if this thunderstorm ongoing was suddenly created because of him?"

"That means something bad is going on, right?"you nervously asked.

"It's either he created it on purpose, he created it accidentally or he is mad like mad mad mad which caused this to happen"Jimin replied, crossing his arms.

"It must be so bad then. He's with Namjoon!"Jungkook shrieked. Yoongi bit his lower lip nervously as he stare at Hoseok who already turned pale.

"What if he created the thunderstorm as a signal to find him? Or what if he created it to warn us not to go out?"Jimin panicked, having a dilemma. You sat down on a chair as you started to have a hard time breathing. You caressed your necklace again to lessen your anxiety.

"Did Jin tell you where he and Namjoon was going to spend the day?"Taehyung asked. You shook your head. He only mentioned they'll have fun together. You suddenly regret giving him permission to spend the day with Namjoon but no one is to blame. You never knew what he was. You just wanted Jin to enjoy and explore his day with his not so-called friend anymore.

"We must find him immediately, Tae"Jimin said pouting, tugging on Taehyung's shirt.

"Why is the thunder getting louder? I didn't know he can also adjust the volume!"Hoseok exclaimed, covering his ears.

"Why would he adjust the volume? I don't think that's even possible" Yoongi said, raising his voice since they can't hear each other well due to the thunder and heavy rain.

"All of you stay here. I'm going out to find him"Taehyung stated and before anyone can object, he already left through the back door. Jimin was about to follow him outside but Hoseok grabbed his wrist, stopping him.

"No no no, you can't. Don't leave. We need a merman here!"Hoseok screamed. Hoseok was scared they'd be attacked and no one with powers would be left to protect them if Jimin went out as well. Jungkook went over the back door and locked it just incase.

"Okay, I'll stay here"he said in a soft tone, giving Hoseok a reassuring smile. Jimin looked at you and noticed your current condition. He approached you and kneeled in front of you to meet the same level as your eyes.

"Hey, it's going to be alright"he stated as he wiped the beads of sweat forming on your forehead. You nodded as you closed your eyes, trying to focus on your breathing while caressing your necklace.

"If they are indeed fighting now, do you think he'll beat Jin?"Jungkook asked Jimin which made you anxious even more causing you to gasp for air to breathe. The sensation on your chest got heavier.

Jimin glared at Jungkook knowing that his question worsened what you were feeling right now. Jungkook's eyes widened when he noticed you were having a hard time to breathe. Yoongi stood up and went to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

"He's strong, okay? He can handle whatever is happening and Taehyung already went out to find him so he'll be fine. Don't worry"Jimin stated, patting your shoulder. You just nodded even though you're unsure.

"You know what, screw it. I don't like toxic positivity. There is no way to sugarcoat this. To be honest, I don't know if he'll be fine since we don't know what Namjoon is capable of doing yet but Jin definitely knows how to fight. He won against some sirens before and I'm sure he can beat that Namjerk's ass if he is indeed a siren"Jimin said as he pushed back the strands of your hair that is covering your face. That's what you needed to hear, not some false hope. You didn't know he's this good at comforting. A thunder rumbled again which made you flinch.

"Gosh, you're shaking"Jimin mumbled, noticing your trembling hands. Yoongi handed you a glass of water, not saying anything, and you took a sip before giving it back to him. Jimin held both of your hands to stop them from shaking and caressed them softly.

"Are you okay?"Jungkook asked Hoseok, he only noticed now that he was already pale. He was still covering his ears. Hoseok nodded but it looked like he would pass out any minute. Jungkook told Yoongi to get water for Hoseok as well and he did.

You were still shaking, and it seemed like your whole body went numb and your chest just tightened even more. You still can't help but think it was kinda your fault for allowing Jin to spend time with him and if you can't see him again, you are going to blame yourself forever. If something happens to Taehyung as well, you don't know if you can still think straight. You know both Taehyung and Jin can handle themselves but you can't stop yourself from overthinking. You don't even care about how you look right now. Your lips are pale and cold sweats are coming out of you. Basically, you look like a mess.

What if our moment earlier was the last time I'll see him?

"Jimin, I...I can't breathe"you let out. Jimin nodded and stood up to caress your back gently with his other hand, pulling you closer to his body while his other hand is still holding your shaking hands. He encouraged you to do deep breathing which you started to do. You closed your eyes as you leaned on Jimin, trying to focus on your breathing.

A beautiful tone started to bless your ears and you realized that it was Jimin who is creating that sound which made you open your eyes. He started singing and his heavenly voice distracted you, Yoongi and Hoseok from the thunder, and it helped you to lessen the anxiousness you are feeling inside you. You closed your eyes again to focus on his voice.

Jungkook started patting Hoseok's back while Yoongi is beside him, acting like he's not fazed by what's happening but internally, he was also anxious. If he shows that he's also anxious, he knew you'd freak out even more so he stayed quiet like he usually does to not make any of you feel worse.

When Jimin felt that you got better after a while, he stopped singing but he didn't leave by your side, still comforting you. The thunderstorm is still ongoing but Jimin did distract you from drowning into a sea full of  negative thoughts much further.

"I wanna ask a question"Yoongi spoke.  

"Go ahead"Jimin said.

"I read myths and heard tales about Krakens. Are they real?"Yoongi asked.

It may seem a pretty wrong timing for him to say that but actually, he just said what he had in mind. He wanted to provide comfort but he didn't know how to. Instead, he just thought of a way to distract your mind from surrendering to gloominess which is to ask questions about what you love. Anything related to ocean. Upon hearing him, Jungkook gave him a disbelief look.

"Really? You want to know about it right now?"the younger said in disbelief.

"What are Krakens? I don't think I've heard of it"you asked, pouting. You weren't in the mood but you find it interesting to learn about something that you don't know about. Without you realizing, it did help you to distract yourself for a moment.

"A kraken is an enormous sea monster. It looks similar to an octopus but it is ultimately strong and gigantic"Jimin replied.

"Are they real?"Yoongi asked once again.

"Yes. They did exist in the 18th century but now they're extinct"Jimin answered.

"How did they extinct? Is it because of the change in water pressure or new predators?"you asked.

"They were killed because they were starting to ruin our resources. Aside from that, our ancestors said that dead human bodies filled the ocean floor because of them"Jungkook stated.

"Did Megalodons kill them?"

"No. A king did"Jungkook answered.

"Which was Jin's great great great great great grandfather"Jimin added.

---

Taehyung ran outside the rain. He went to the beach but he's not there. He can't think of any place where'd he be. He just hoped Jin was wearing the necklace that can call him so he could find him. It made him nervous that Jin isn't doing anything. Taehyung let out a yell due to frustration. It must be more serious than he thought it would.

As if the Angels were listening, he heard Jin calling which means he blew the pendant on his necklace. Taehyung closed his eyes and an image of a map formed in his head which showed where he is. He finally saw his location. He hurriedly ran to get there at the right time.

He spotted the house made of mahogany. He immediately ran towards it and twisted the door knob. He cursed under his breath, the door wasn't budging. He started hitting the door and started breathing heavily, hearing the commotion inside the house. He took a step back and kicked the door with full force. Finally, it opened.

"Duck!"he heard Jin yell in which he did immediately causing him to avoid the brick that was thrown at him by Namjoon.

After he ducked, his eyes widened at the sight of the place. It was a total disaster. Lots of jar and vases were broken, scattered on the floor. The furniture inside the house looked like they were thrown all over the place. The books on the shelves fell on the floor as well. The floor wasn't even just wet, it was slightly flooding. He checked both of them and Namjoon has a couple of bruises while Jin has a cut on his arm.

"I see you called for assistance, your highness"Namjoon teased, letting out an evil laugh afterwards which was soon cut off when Jin filled Namjoon's nostrils with water when he struck some water upwards to him with an impact. Namjoon fell on his back on the floor and groaned. He blew his nose harshly, trying to remove and relieve the pain he felt on his nose.

"Make sure he doesn't get out of this place"Jin ordered Tae as he was still gathering a large amount of water in his hands. Taehyung nodded and ran towards Namjoon to prevent him from getting up on the floor but before he could touch Namjoon, he already got up on the floor and threw a punch on his face near his mouth.

Taehyung scoffed, not expecting the strength Namjoon had. He did underestimate him. Namjoon and Taehyung started to fight using their fists and the water around them. Despite Taehyung being a good warrior, he could say that Namjoon can put up a good fight. He managed to give Namjoon a couple more bruises whereas he got one from the punch he was given earlier.

Taehyung doesn't want to kill  Namjoon, having an idea on his mind that Jin has a plan because he knew Jin could kill him by himself without his help if he wanted to but he's not doing it.

Namjoon was about to launch himself at Jin but Taehyung splashed water on him and immediately closed his fist to boil the water. Namjoon winced in pain and fell on his knees.

Jin took this opportunity to wrap him  with the amount of water he gathered. Namjoon tried to resist as the water started to surround him, restraining his body.

"Don't you dare!"Namjoon yelled, both of his hands are already behind his back and Taehyung picked up a sword from Namjoon's display, pointing it at him.

Namjoon screamed when Jin turned the water around him into thick ice, preventing him from moving. He still tried to wiggle his way out even though he knows it was useless. Tae and Jin walked closer and stood in front of him.

"That's how you should greet a prince, Mr. Iced Americano"Jin teased since Namjoon was in a kneeling position. He thought of trapping him with Iced Americano but changed his mind, thinking that Joon would just suck it on his way out.

Jin gathered water on his hands again and formed a huge block of ice.

"Will you do me the honors?"Jin asked. Taehyung smiled as he nodded.

"Yes, your highness"he replied, taking the block of ice from Jin's hand.

Namjoon was oblivious on what was their conversation about but he felt that it won't be good for him. He gulped nervously, seeing Tae raise both of his hands holding the ice. The next thing Namjoon knew was everything turned black after feeling pain on his head.

---

"Sharks have their own cafes"Yoongi said with confidence and everyone went silent. Even the merman and ex-merman was too stunned to speak.

It sounded absurd but yeah, he knew it was. He ran out of things to say to distract you.

"Was that supposed to be a joke?"Hoseok questioned.

"It is a fact"

"I lived underwater in my whole life and I never heard of that"Jimin stated which made Jungkook laugh as he can relate to it. Yoongi scrunched his nose, crossing his arms. You started to chuckle which made Jimin relieved.

"Do you feel better now?"Jimin asked you.

"A little"you replied, giving him a light smile. Jimin didn't leave by your side even though you were feeling better already and you are thankful for that. He even helped you heal your body when Ivory pushed you off the cliff before so you have a lot of things to thank him for.

He was always a caring merman even though he's a flirty one. Aside from being a natural caring merman that he is, he wanted to keep taking care of you because he wanted to give back from what you did before when you stood up for him when Yoongi found out his real identity, and you made him realize his worth. It may not be a big deal but it was to him.

When Jin's feelings grew for you, Jimin grew fond of you as well but not in a romantic way. He sees you as a sister and a great human.

Whatever Jin loves, Jimin also protects it like Taehyung, Jungkook, the merpeople on their kingdom, and even Jin himself since that guy loves himself too much.

Taehyung is a brave and strong knight but he's afraid of sea urchins, and Jimin knew that. About Jungkook, Jimin doesn't feel like he needs to be protected because he's good at everything but the moment someone verbal abuses him, Jimin won't hesitate to slap whoever that is with his tail and skin them alive.

As they stayed on land for quite a while now, he did find more beings worth protecting for which is Yoongi, Hoseok, and you.

Meanwhile, Hoseok removed his fingers on his ears. He was covering them the whole time but removes it occasionally. He stared at the window and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Is it gone now?"he asked, trying to concentrate on the sound of the environment.

"What is?"

"The thunder? I don't hear it anymore"he answered. Jungkook  stood up and looked out the window.

"The rain stopped either. What do you think happened?"Jungkook asked, looking at Jimin nervously.

"I should go out and find them"Jimin said. Hoseok started panicking again and approached Jimin with puppy eyes.

"Who will protect us here then?"

Jungkook felt sad and he started to regret asking to be a human permanently. If he only knew sirens would still be attacking, he would have remained as a merman. Humanity made him curious and it created a place in his heart which made him decide to start living as a human. He could still have his tail back because of the accessories the sea witches created but it is not the same as being a real merman as it is only temporary. He can't have his full powers back either if he uses those accessories.

"Maybe I should go out"Jungkook suggested.

"No one is going out in this restaurant until they come back"Jimin announced.

"What if they don't?"you asked, feeling bad again. Those what if thoughts that were already gone, entered your mind again.

"They will"Jimin assured you. Seeing Jimin comforting you, Jungkook planned to go out and find the two. He ran quickly towards the back door, unlocking it, and then he heard Jimin curse at him.

He was about to open the door knob but it suddenly opened, making his nose bump into the door. He let out a groan and was about to punch who was at the door but he froze seeing Jin and Taehyung who was carrying an unconscious Namjoon on his back.

"I didn't mean to do that"Tae explained. Jungkook blinked a few times.

"We were so worried"Jungkook cried out, throwing himself at the two.

"I'm alive and still good looking"

Hearing that voice, made you stand up. You saw Jin and finally sighed in relief, clutching your chest. Jungkook was still hugging him but Jin pushed him away to open his arms for you.

"I apologize for worrying you"you heard him say as you wrapped your arms around his neck and felt his arms tighten around your waist.

"Are you not sorry for us? We also worried too, you know"Yoongi spoke, crossing his arms. Taehyung put Namjoon down on the floor and started to hug Yoongi.

"I wanted a sorry, not a hug!"Yoongi exclaimed, trying to get out of Taehyung's grip while Hoseok started sobbing on Jimin's shoulder. Taehyung stopped hugging a frowning Yoongi and went to Jimin.

"This feels like a movie"he mumbled. Jungkook went to Hoseok and they started crying together while Jimin cupped Taehyung's face, examining him if he was hurt.

After a moment of reuniting, everyone composed themselves. You all stood around Namjoon's body. There was still confusion since they didn't explain what happened yet.

"He's a siren"Jin spoke, breaking the silence. Hoseok gasped while Jungkook pouted.

"Jeez"you let out.

Jin kissed your forehead before resting his hand on your lower back. Jungkook approached Namjoon's unconscious body on the floor and started to kick his leg lightly.

"Is he dead?"the younger asked.

"No"Taehyung replied.

"Why didn't you kill him yet?"Hoseok asked.

"We need information. He got some explaining to do"Jin answered.

"Did he hurt you?"you asked Jin.

"No. I'm perfectly fine, I promise"he assured, stepping back a little to show you he wasn't harmed. You nod as you pull him closer by his hand and rested your head on his shoulder while hugging his arm.

Taehyung carried Namjoon and put him on a chair after getting a nylon rope from the staff's room to tie him up with Jimin's help. Jin told them not to open the restaurant for the next day.

"Did you form that thunderstorm?"you asked.

"Yes, I'm sorry. I got really mad"he replied, giving you an apologetic smile.

"You don't have to apologize"you assured.

"What should we do next?"Jungkook asked.

"You need to go home. Bring Yoongi, Hoseok, and Y/n with you"Jin answered. "I figured Namjoon is a siren spy and if the sirens notice he hadn't reported anything yet, they'll come here to check"

"But-"

"After worrying us earlier, you want us to worry again?"Yoongi scoffed, cutting of Jungkook. "We know it is dangerous but we're in this shit already. I'm not going anywhere"

"Don't be the first one to run if sirens suddenly barge in here"Hoseok teased but Yoongi wasn't having it. You caressed Jin's hand with your thumb, knowing that he's also contemplating on what to do.  He is holding such a big responsibility and it is definitely not easy.

"Jungkook please take them with you"Jin pleaded. You don't want to go but you know how dangerous it is considering the cases that's been happening. They know much better than you and you believe it's better to do what he says. Whatever his decision is, you will support that.

"Fine"

"They should go somewhere else though. If Namjoon has been spying, he probably knows where Jungkook's apartment is"Taehyung stated. Jungkook's eyes filled with horror, wondering if Namjoon tried to watch him sleeping before.

"How about my mother's place?"you suggested. Jin looked at you with concerned eyes.

"My mom has guest rooms there. Plus, it is not near the ocean so I think we'll be safe there"you added. You wanted to suggest to stay at Jisoo's home but she lives near the sea as well. You don't wanna put her on danger.

"That's a better idea"

Jungkook doesn't wanna leave, convincing them that he can still handle anything even though he's a human. Falling for his pout, Jin just agreed. Taehyung suggested to take the three of you to your mother's house and he'll just come back to the restaurant after confirming you guys are safe. It seemed like Namjoon is near to getting his consciousness back, you had to leave now.

"Promise me we'll cuddle tomorrow and please, don't get hurt. I know you guys can heal yourselves but still, I don't want you to be harmed"you told Jin. Jin intertwined his pinky finger with your pinky before resting his forehead on yours.

"We'll be careful. You have to stay safe too"he said before giving you a peck on your lips. You watch Hoseok hugging Jimin then be proceeded to hug Jungkook before hugging Jin.

"Why are we acting like this is some kind of farewell? We are just going to interrogate Namjoon and handle some sirens if they come. That's all"Jimin sassed, not liking the emotional atmosphere.

"That's right"Tae chuckled.

"We are just genuinely worried, okay?"Hoseok defended, rolling his eyes.

"Okay enough with that. I'll bring the three of you to Y/n's mother now"Taehyung said, heading to the back door. Hoseok followed him already while you give Jin quick kiss on the cheek before following them with Yoongi.

"See you tomorrow, Yoongi!"Jin beamed, teasing Yoongi knowing that he didn't want to leave.

"You better not greet me with your dead body tomorrow"Yoongi warned, giving the ones who will be left behind a glare.

"I can sleep in peace knowing that Yoongi cares for me"Jin said, smiling.
The four of you went out of the restaurant to go to your mother's house. You're not sure if she'll agree to let them stay for the night but you just hope she would.

Jin locked the door while Jimin sat on the floor as they waited for Namjoon to regain his consciousness.

A/n:
Hey everyone~ It's been a while and I'm sorry for that. Since it's been a while, I made this chapter a long one. I think this is the longest one so far so I hope you like it. How are you all? I hope you guys are doing well. I've been really busy and will still be busy but I'm already working on the drafts so I hope you keep waiting. Thank you for reading this chapter and don't forget to vote!
Stay safe and love you all❤️❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 6.5K 24
Churn. My stomach churned whenever I saw his eyes glancing towards me. My stomach churned whenever he talked to me. My stomach churned whenever he ca...
613K 42.4K 74
Jungkook a wealthy model and ex professional swimmer went out to enjoy the sea again. But when his sickness strikes unexpectedly it made him end up a...
460K 22.5K 64
"Or at least get one fuck buddy, so you're not bringing random men in here and making me cook for them." "You're my chef. You're getting paid to cook...
554K 29.7K 47
COMPLETED "I love you." "But you're married." A KookJin/JinKook FanFic 1 - Jungkook (082521) 1- Jin (082521) 1 - JinKook (03072020) 2 - seokjin (0522...