Love... Not Romance [BoyxBoy]

By JSBelard

Everything started the night before we moved out of our town. I decided to take a late night swim at the lake... More

First - You can't Escape Love
Second - Love that Only Grows Stronger
Third - Love that Gives Joy for no Reason at all
Fourth - A Love that Shines through the Darkness
Fifth - My Only Refuge is Love
Sixth - There's no use Trying to Hide your Love
Seventh - The Sweetest Trap Called Love
Eighth - The Fight for Love Begins
Ninth - Caught in Love
Tenth - A Braver Love
Eleventh - Love will help you, until it Preys on You
Twelfth - There is Love, then there is Mystery
Thirteenth - Love and Mysteries
Fourteenth - Love is Afloat
Fifteenth - Getting Lost, even with Love
Sixteenth - Those you Love, and those you once Love
Seventeenth - Discord Sometimes Strengthens Love
XVIII - Love all over again
19 - Meeting your Love for the First Time, all over again.
20 - Getting to know Love Again
21 - Love that Starts from Friendship
22 - Love and Separation
23 - Lies about Love
24 - Friends, Rivals, Love
25 - When does a Lie Turn into Love?
27 - Confusing Love
28 - Don't Ever Think of Escaping Love
29 - Unprogressive Love
30 - Getting Drunk on Love and Affection
31 - Helpless Love
32 - Recollecting Past Love
33 - The Stories of Love
34 - Love that is the Beginning of the End
35 - The Secrets of Love Revealed
36 - Love... not Romance

26 - Gatherings with Love

211 14 2
By JSBelard

 "That's great!" Mom said with a smile. "So, who are you dating?" She asked, still looking at Nico. At that moment, Nico noticed Mom looking and smiled a little.

"I said, end of discussion, Mom," I reiterated.

"Fine, just tell me what kind of person you're dating," Mom insisted.

"I'm dating a..." I turned my head to Nico and saw him having an expectant expression. "...a very misunderstood person." Nico shook his head.

"What kind of description is that?" Mom complained.

"I'm not saying anything, Mom," I insisted.

"Kyle," Dad finally spoke. "I want to meet that girl, bring her over." He said in a serious tone.

"Huh?!" I was pretty shocked. "That's impossible!" I replied.

"Why?" Dad asked in the same tone.

Because there's no girl to bring over. The one I'm dating is Nico, a guy, and we're only pretending to date. So basically, there's really no one to bring over. "Because I don't think it's a good idea. Besides, since when did you two become so interested in my dating life?" I asked sarcastically.

"Bring her over." Dad insisted

"I don't want to." I insisted.

"Kyle," Dad said. "Bring her over."

"Dad." I said in the same tone as his. "No."

"Why not? I don't think it's a bad idea?" Nico suddenly said in a casual manner.

"What?!" I was pretty surprised by his remarks, I turned my head to him, looked at him sharply, but he only smiled at me. "What are you doing?" I asked him as I leaned closer to him and lowered down my voice. "Are you crazy?"

"I'm fine with it, you know," He whispered back. "Since Natalia and Emily think that we're dating, then I don't see anything wrong from anyone else knowing." Nico replied.

"Seriously? Have you gone mad? Once my parents know, Brent will know, then Auntie Leona – Mom's bestfriend and Perry's mother – will know, then Perry will know, then the whole office will know, then the whole world will know," I said frantically. I looked over at my parents and they were staring suspiciously at us so I leaned away from Nico.

"I don't have a problem with that. I'm not ashamed of you," he said before moving away and my cheeks suddenly felt hot.

"What are you two talking about?" Perry asked with a meaningful grin.

"Nothing really..." I said. I was feeling pretty bashful, at that moment, and yet the one responsible was smiling oh so brightly next to me.

I think that the word dysfunctional is best fitted to describe that dinner. I was just very thankful that the night ended.

Although Mom seemed to really like Nico, Dad wasn't warming up to him at all. Probably because of that whole scene at my office that morning.

I accompanied Nico back to his car. We were walking slowly when he asked me something. "Kyle, I know you've told me why your Mom calls you Drew, but is it that she's the only one calling you by that name?" Nico asked.

"You might think it's childish, but I don't really like other people calling me Drew, aside from my Mom. It just doesn't feel natural," I replied.

"I see. So no one else calls you Drew, not even that childhood friend of yours?" Nico asked.

"Yeah, no one else. Just my Mom," I replied. "You don't like Brent at all, do you?" I asked.

"No, he's fine..." Nico said, but his expression was saying the complete opposite. "Fine, I don't like him at all. I just think that he's... I mean, don't you feel like he's... Oh never mind..." Nico.

"You're fine with Perry, though, right?" I asked.

"Yeah. He's alright. Bit weird, but alright," Nico said. I totally get the weird part.

"I see. Does it have to do with the fact that you went to the same high school as him?" I asked.

"What? We attended the same high school?" Nico sounded genuinely surprised.

"Yeah. You graduated at the same time," I said.

"Really, I didn't know that," Nico said nonchalantly.

I was pretty dumbfounded by his reaction. "You really have a problem with your social skills," I sighed. "Sometimes I wonder how you even made friends."

Nico finally reached his car. "One last question, Kyle," he said. "If anyone else calls you Drew, would you get mad?" He asked.

"Yeah," I replied. "Some people tired, and I always end up getting angry." I said truthfully.

"I see. You better go back, they might be worried," Nico said as he walked to the door of his car. "Goodnight." He said with a small smile.

"Goodnight," I replied, turned back, and started walking away.

All of a sudden, I heard Nico's voice. "Drew!" He called.

"Yeah?" I turned around with a smile.

"You didn't get mad," Nico said with a huge smile on his face.

"What?"

"I just called you Drew, and you didn't get mad. Does this mean that I can call you Drew from now on?" He asked.

It took a while before everything kicked in. Nico just called me Drew, and I didn't feel mad at all. In fact, it felt really natural, like I was used to being called Drew by him. It felt just right and I felt... happy?

Something weird happened. As Nico called me Drew, a vision came into my mind. I was younger in my vision, about seventeen, I guess. I was inside Mom's first flower shop, another boy was standing by the door of the flower shop, looking at me. His face was blurred but I could clearly see his dazzling smile. Everything was muted, but I could read his lips saying my name. "...Drew." The boy said.

It was exactly like what happened to me in the pool when I was swimming with Nico. That vision felt more than just a hallucination. It felt like a memory, a past that I couldn't remember at all.

There was no sane explanation for it. I was afraid that maybe I was going literally crazy. What were those visions and images all about? Why do I keep seeing them? And why does it happen every time I am with Nico?

Snapping back to reality, I shook my head and I chuckled in disbelief. "Huh... you're right. I guess it's up to you then." I replied with a smile.

"Really?" Nico asked with a smile.

"Really."

"Great! Goodnight, Drew!" Nico said and waved at me with a very radiant smile.

"Yeah, yeah... goodnight." I waved back.

I might've acted somehow nonchalant, but in fact, I was very happy. It was the first time that someone called me Drew and I didn't get angry. That made me happy and excited, and yet very confused.

Why was it only Nico? Why does it feel so natural being called Drew by him? Why?

I don't know what's going on with me anymore. Getting excited over me and Nico being friends, having weird feelings after Nico got drunk and kissed me, feeling excited over seeing him with only a towel around his waist, not wanting him to get hurt anymore, wanting to protect him, telling Emily that he's mine, and now letting him call me Drew, I don't know why all of these are happening to me.

Why do I keep feeling these things when it comes to Nico?

Just what is so special about him?

Drew is a very special name to me. It was a name that only Mom can use. Every time anyone else uses that name, I would get mad. I actually ended up shouting at some people for calling me Drew. Even Brent and Perry couldn't call me in that name.

Then, Nico came along. We haven't even known each other for too long, we just became friends, and yet I felt so close, so comfortable, so secured around him. Being called Drew by Nico, it was somehow very nostalgic.

I don't know why, but I feel like he had been calling me by that name all my life.

The day of the gala finally came, and wearing a tuxedo after a long time felt really uncomfortable to me. A knock came to my door. "Come in," I said.

"Ohhh... You look dapper." Brent said as he approached me with a smile.

"Dapper... What a weird sounding word." I said.

"Your bow tie is crooked." Brent said as he stood behind me.

"Ahh... really?" I said as I looked at the mirror and tired fixing the bow tie, but I couldn't quite get it right.

"Here, let me help you." Brent said as he held my bow tie from behind. He moved closer to me as he put his arms around me. "You look good," Brent said as he looked at my reflection on the mirror.

"Thanks." I said and I saw his smiling face.

"There, all done." Brent said and then placed his hands on top of my shoulders. "Do you really have to go?" Brent suddenly asked. He sounded troubled.

"I already promised Nico..." I told Brent.

"I just don't feel so good about that guy." Brent said. I don't know why, but, for some reason, Nico and Brent seemed to dislike each other so badly.

"Nico is a nice guy, Brent." I told him. "Once you get to really know him." I added. "There's nothing to worry about, okay." I said and then tapped one of his hands reassuringly. "Nico wouldn't do anything to hurt me."

"It's not just about him, Kyle. You're going to that family's event. Are you sure you're ready to confront the Robinsons?" Brent asked worriedly.

"I've been always ready." I said. "They can't harm me anymore, Brent. I'm not the same helpless boy as before. Me and my family, we're stronger, in many ways. The Robinsons doesn't faze us anymore." I told Brent confidently.

Brent's next action surprised me. "Kyle..." He muttered as he wrapped me around his arms, embracing me gently from behind.

"Brent, what's wrong?" I asked as I held Brent by the arm.

What's making him that emotional? I don't know at all.

"It's nothing... just... please let me stay like this for a while..." Brent said and then rested his head on my shoulders. His voice... it was somehow very sad.

Nico picked me up that night. He insisted on going together in his car, and it was too tiring to argue with him, so I just agreed to it.

"Drew." Nico called me. After that dinner with my parents, Nico would always call me Drew, and it seemed he liked calling me in that name. Fortunately, for me, no one else had heard him call me Drew yet, or else it would surely be a big issue. Just thinking about what Brent and Perry's reaction would was enough to make me feel really tired. "You don't look excited at all. If anything, you look really troubled." Nico commented as he drove. "Do you really not want to go?" He asked.

"It's not that..." I sighed. "Something out of the ordinary just happened." I said, thinking about what Brent did. No matter how hard I try to think, I still couldn't figure out what was going on with Brent.

"Something out of the ordinary? What happened?" Nico asked.

"Nothing... forget about it..." I sighed and then smiled. "You better be prepared, we're going to war." I said.

Nico chuckled. "For someone going to war, you look too happy, Drew." Nico said.

We arrived at the hotel where the gala would be. And when Nico stepped out of the car, I was a bit stunned by how good he looked that night. I've seen him wearing a tuxedo on TV many times, but seeing it in person was still very awe-worthy.

"You look good." I finally complimented him as he walked towards me. My cheeks burned as I did.

Nico smiled brightly. "You should wear suits more often, Drew. You look really good in them." Nico commented.

"That's impossible for me." I said. "It feels so stuffy, and it's hard to move." I complained. Nico chuckled lightly.

The whole ballroom looked elegant, it was packed with high profiled visitors. All were in a completion on whose wearing the most expensive ensemble that night. I thought I would have to wait for a while before my battle begins, but as soon as Nico and I stepped inside, Sylvia Robinsons saw me.

"Here it comes..." I sighed.

"You..." Sylvia's shaking and angry voice came. "What are you doing here? How did you get in? You don't belong here."

"How interesting. You're daughter said the same thing last time we met." I said.

"He's with me, Ms. Robinsons." Nico finally spoke.

"He's with you, Nico? Why? How do you know this person?" Sylvia was really shocked. I guess it was hard for her to comprehend that the son of her business partner, the apple of her daughter's eyes was with the son of the woman she hated the most.

"Your daughter was the same as well," I said with a smirk. "I guess she hadn't told you yet, about Nico and me."

"My apologies, Ms. Robinsons. I didn't know that bringing Drew here would be any problem to you," Nico said in a very formal manner. "He's very important to me, and I would like to request your understanding."

Sylvia looked at me sharply. "I guess I can let this go, for you, Nico," She said in a calm tone. "This event is very important to my company, if you make any scene or cause any trouble, I would have you dragged out of here without any bit of dignity left in you." Sylvia threatened me.

"I'm only a normal person, what kind of trouble or scene could I possible cause around high-profiled people?" I asked in a sarcastic tone with a small smile.

"I'm warning you. I'm sure you already know what I am capable of. Don't ruin this night, or I'll make you regret it for the rest of your life," she said.

I smiled provokingly at her.

"If you'll excuse us." Nico said and then pulled me away. He sighed after we got far away from Sylvia. "It's too early to strike, Drew. Calm down," Nico said.

"I'm perfectly calm," I said cheerfully with a smile. "Excuse me." I said in a serious tone as I see Crown Robins Publishing most prized author, the young Victor Cox.

He was talking to some people, probably fans of his works. He's just a bit older than I am, so many was really admiring him, praising him for his wonderful stories. Stories that he stole.

"This must be my lucky night," I said as I approached Victor. "I finally got to meet Victor Cox."

Victor turned around and smiled at me. "Good evening." He said.

"I'm Kyle Stevenson, Creative Director at Diamond Sky Productions, nice to meet you," I said.

"Ahh is that so? Nice to meet you," Victor said. "What can I do for you then?" He asked.

"Your last book was very well received, it was instantly a best seller. You must be thankful to whoever came up with the stories for your past six best-selling books." I said.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He said flatly. "If you have nothing more to say, I'll take my leave." Victor said in an arrogant tone.

"Don't you even feel guilty? Well, doing it over and over again to the same person, must've dulled your guilt already." I said in a very provoking manner.

"What would I feel guilty about?" He obliviously asked me as he turned back with a sharp expression on his eyes.

I stepped closer to him so that no one else would hear what I would say next. "That the stories for your past six best-selling novels were stolen." I said, moved back and then smiled at him. The shocked, guilty, and confused expression on his face was really satisfying.

"What the hell are you talking about? I would watch my words, if I were you, I can sue you." He said angrily.

"Then please do so. That way everyone in the world would know what kind of man you are." I said in very firm tone.

"Those stories are mine." He insisted.

"That's the problem with liars and thieves. They get so used to the lies they make that they started to believe in those lies themselves. Stop living in your fantasy world, Mr. Cox. Those stores never belonged to you."

"I don't know who you are and what you're after, but I wouldn't just stand here and be insulted by..." He sounded really angry.

"You'll soon find out who I really am." I interrupted him. "So better prepare yourself." I said and then walked away.

"You really are going berserk tonight, aren't you?" Nico said as he stepped in front of me. "So, what do you have against Victor Cox?" He asked.

I sighed. "This place is just filled with troublesome people... I wonder if coming here is really such great idea... my head hurts already..." I complained.

"I'm here, aren't I?" Nico said with a smile. "Don't mind those people and just enjoy the night, Drew. With me," Nico said and then placed his arm around my shoulders. "I'll surely make this night fun for you, for sure."

How weird... I feel like I've been in such situation before. Why do I feel a strong sense of deja vu?

"Fun, you say..." I chuckled. "I'm here for war. War is never fun." I told Nico.

"Drew... Let's talk about war later. The nigh is too young for serious matters like that." Nico said. "Besides, if you cause a ruckus this early, then you would be kicked out even before you make a move." He said and then pulled me closer. "Why don't we have fun first? You and I..." He whispered into my ear.

Nico's breath sent electricity into my spine and then my whole body. With his soft words, my whole body started feeling a little hotter.

"How do you expect me to have fun, being surround with all those people?" I replied snidely at Nico.

"Just leave that to me." Nico said with a smile.

It was at that moment that the night's emcee spoke. "Ladies and gentlemen, if I may have your attention please. We at Crown Robins Publishing believes that reading and stories are the very core of every society, that's why we thrive to bring each and everyone books and stories that would not only stimulate your imaginations but would also linger in your dreams. And this year, we aim to bring that joy and experience to a wider audience. To help us in our goal, is our new brand ambassador; MS. EMILY GREEN!"

Emily Green then appeared on stage.

I turned my eyes to Nico and saw that he was surprised. He was frozen on his feet. I guess, having Emily around still has some effects on him.

"This night... it might be fun after all." I muttered to myself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181K 7.4K 63
His life was destroyed in an instant, leaving him alone with no one by his side. So he starts over with a new name, new personality and one goal in m...
6K 58 16
"Like a phantom he came into my life, leaving nothing but love behind..." Nico is attractive, athletic, and popular. With a rich businessman as a fat...
9.3K 396 49
We were watching TV, my father and I, waiting for my mother to come down. We were going to go somewhere for my birthday but it was a surprise. I was...
15M 459K 32
"We can't do this." I whisper as our lips re-connect, a tingling fire surging through my body as his hands ravage unexplored lands; my innocence di...