Daughter Of Twilight (Complet...

By JessicaPowell481

š—” š—ŗš˜†š˜€š˜š—²š—暝—¶š—¼š˜‚š˜€ š—Æš—¼š˜† š—³š—暝—¼š—ŗ š—µš—²š—æ š—±š—暝—²š—®š—ŗš˜€. š—” š—°š—¹š—¼š—®š—øš—²š—± š—³š—¶š—“š˜‚š—暝—² š˜€š˜š—®š—¹š—øš—¶š—»š—“... More

Cover
Blurb
Acknowledgment
Please Read before continuing!!
Maps
Races, Spells, and Creatures
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thiry-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three

Chapter Nineteen

55 7 33
By JessicaPowell481

Isaac

    The city of Listra faded into the horizon as we made our way towards Cape Flore, a fishing village on the end of a peninsula. It would take us at least a day to get there, that is if we didn't run into any guards along the way. The Great Imperial Way was the main trading route between Listra and Flore, and though it was midday, you wouldn't be able to tell because the massive storm blocked out the sun. I relaxed against Belle, her strong warm form, comforting me. She had slowed down considerably after running for about five miles straight. Slowly regretting not grabbing a saddle, I shifted to get better situated on Belle's back, sucking in air as a shockwave of pain spread throughout my back. Lizbeth had really got me good. I carefully reached behind me to feel my back. The skin felt warm to the touch; It was swollen and wet with blood.

I needed to get this healed... I laid my head on the back of Belle's neck and closed my eyes for a moment before opening them again. What was I going to do? I didn't know how many people my mother had in her pockets or if Flore was even safe. I stared off into the distance watching the landscape pass us by. Lightning struck in the distance, and the wind picked up, rain started falling from the sky. Great!

I sighed. We needed to find shelter. We had just crossed over the river that ran into Ravenwood forest. Its tall, dark trees towered in the distance. Ravenwood manor is close...

That's where I woke up when I was taken here. Lizbeth's voice reminds me, making my heart hurt. That day had been so perfect... I closed my eyes; I could still feel the way she felt in my arms as we floated in the cool water of Hopper Pond. My grip tightened in anger, and now she's trapped by my mother. I should have taken her back home... but I was excited to have her here.

Would she have let me if I had asked? She seemed set on learning about her magic. I sighed and guided Belle towards Ravens Pass. Ravenwood Manor is closer than Bellenshire right now, and we really needed to get out of this rain. I was so tired, and my emotions raging war inside me was not helping.

Raven's Pass was darker than usual. Was it because of the storm? At least the trees provided some cover from the rain. We needed to be careful; with the state I'm in, there's no way I could fight a pack of stalkers or a group of mischievous nymphs.

"Come one, Belle, we need to go a bit faster." I encouraged, but she seemed uneasy as we ventured further into the Pass. "I promise we will be okay. I just need you to go a bit faster. We can rest when we get to Ravenwood Manor." she snorted and sped to a steady gallop. Poor girl has had a rough day.

Various whispers followed behind us, rustling the trees and bushes along the way. I covered my ears to block out the nymphs, nasty creatures. They lure men and women into the forest with empty promises and tricks, only to eat them later. A shiver spread down my spine at the thought. No wonder Ravenwood Manor was abandoned. No one in their right mind would live so close to the forest.

The clearing came into view as we sped down the muddy path. The nymphs got increasingly louder. They were right behind us. I could feel their influence trying to worm its way into my mind. They were aggressive; the storm must be scaring them.

We cleared the Pass, getting absolutely drenched as rain poured from the sky. I let out a shaky breath. The storm had picked up considerably. The rain was coming down at a harsh angle, wind whipped through the trees and bushes. Lightning struck the ground in front of up, spooking Belle.

Rushing towards Ravenwood manor, I glanced around for a place to keep Belle. As much as I would love to bring her inside the manor, I don't think she'd be very comfortable.

As we rounded towards the back of the house, I saw a small stable and quickly guided her inside. It felt nice to get a break from the rain. Luckily, I found some feed and a few blankets to give to her. Strange... you'd think this place would have been picked clean during the war. Once she settled down, I closed up, making sure nothing could get in.

I turned back towards the house. Hopefully, I can find some dry wood and some more blankets. Bracing myself, I ran to the back of the house, the rain chilling me to my core. It was definitely a good idea to stop.

My teeth chattered as I tried the back door. It was locked. Weird...

Rubbing my hands together to try and warm them, I focused my magic and pressed a hand against the lock.

"Destruesque." The spell stuttered out of my mouth. Winter was just around the corner. There was a bright flash as my magic broke the lock. I quickly stepped inside, already feeling better out of the cold rain. The manor was surprisingly warm.

I stepped out of the small mudroom and into what appeared to be the main kitchen- a surprisingly well-stocked kitchen. Knots twisted in my stomach as I crouched low. I might not be alone.

I slowly approached the archway out of the kitchen. The manor was dark and quiet. The rain pelted the windows and lightning lit up the darkened halls for mere seconds. Has someone bought the place? I wondered. Or were these squatters?

I rounded the stairs leading up, careful not to let the boards squeak. There was no sign of anyone, but with a place this big, they could be anywhere.

I stilled as I heard a door creak open from behind me. I quickly ducked around a corner. The footsteps grew louder as they approached. I gathered my magic, ready to strike.

I jumped out and froze, staring into hauntingly beautiful and fierce violet eyes. What the hell?! I couldn't wrap my head around what I was seeing. It couldn't be!

"Lizbeth?!" I whispered. She didn't hesitate for a second, flinging a strange orange powder into my face. Knocking me flat out.

Lizbeth was standing down the hall in the castle, breathing heavily.

"Lizbeth!" I heard my voice echo. She jumped, slowly turning around. She looked so happy to see me; tears streamed down her face as she called out to me. She threw herself at me, wrapping her arms around my shoulders, burying her face in my chest. But I did not return her hug. This vision... or was it a memory? Whatever it was made me sick to my stomach.

She looked up at me, explaining how we needed to leave, that my mother had gone crazy. She tried to pull me down the hall, but I would not move.

I grabbed her, digging my fingers into her wrist. She cried out in pain, telling me to stop, but I didn't listen. She pried my fingers off her and pushed me.

I quickly turned and lunged, wrapping my fingers tightly around her throat. She clawed at my hand, struggling to breathe. I didn't want to see anymore. What was this?!

"I... Isaac." she croaked. I pulled her towards me and cupped her face.

"Somnum," I heard myself say, my voice cold and flat. I watched in horror as her eyes rolled back and she fell asleep.

I then dragged her all the way back to my mother, who stood proudly in her office, picking up the mess Lizbeth left behind. she smiled at me, bent down, and waved her hand over Lizbeth, binding her magic.

"Take her to Elden tower and close the door for me, Isaac," she said calmly. I obeyed her command. I took Lizbeth to the tallest tower in the castle, Elden tower. The only access, through a door inside Mother's office.

I suddenly woke up finding myself tied to a wooden chair. A woman with fiery hair sat across from me, holding a smoking herb in front of my nose. I lurched back away from the stinky plant, coughing.

"Sorry." She gave me a nervous smile and quickly snuffed out the smoke. "Isabella didn't know what to do when she saw you."

"Who are you and why are you here?" I asked in annoyance.

The woman laughed, "shouldn't I be asking you those questions? I mean, you did break into my home." She looked oddly familiar. The girl from earlier walked into the room, placing a drink tray in front of us.

"Untie him, dear. He won't hurt us," she smiled warmly.

The girl stared at her in shock. "But mother!" Mother? I was still shaken by how much she looked like Lizbeth until I remembered what I read in her family tree.

"Sylvia had two daughters..." I said slowly, my eyes widened as the realization hit me. They both stared at me, their eyes just as wide as mine. With a pointed look from her mother, Isabella grumbled as she untied my hands. I stared at Sylvia. She looked sad as she pulled her daughter onto the couch next to her.

"I actually go by my middle name, Luna, nowadays." She picked up a cup from the platter and offered it to me. I eyed it suspiciously. She offered me a warm smile, "We mean no harm."

I took the cup reluctantly, squinting at Isabella, who stared off into the foyer. "Are you really Lizbeth's mother?" I asked, still not quite believing it myself.

She was about to respond when the door burst open. Rain pelted the wooden floor as a man walked it. I couldn't believe who I was staring at, He froze in the archway, taking in the room.

"Mr. Carter?" My voice cracked with surprise. "What the hell is going on!" Anger bubbled dangerously inside me. "Do you know how much Lizbeth has gone through? All these secrets... Am I the only one not lying to her?" I stood up and jabbed a finger at Jerimiah. "You! You fed her drugs and told her she was sick!"

"I-Isaac, I swear there's an explanation for all of this!" he claimed, taking a step back with his arms raised in defense.

I shifted my gaze between them. I took deep breaths to try and quell the rage that boiled inside me. "It better be a damn good explanation."

I sat on the couch with my head in my hands. The whole story laid before me.... I still couldn't wrap my head around it. "These events... they don't excuse you lying to her for all these years. Feeding her pills and telling her she was sick... Do you know how long she cried when we told her she was a Magi?" I seethed.

"They were placebos. I would never give her something that would harm her. The doctors we all saw were Magi living on earth. It was the only explanation I could give her..." Mr. Carter sighed. Luna was on the verge of tears, and Isabella stared angrily at the ceiling.

" 'I would never give her something that would harm her,'" I mocked. "But you already hurt her by not being there for her! She thought she was a psycho!" I felt like I was about to explode. These were all just excuses! My heart ached for Lizbeth. She had gone through so much just to get back to her father. Would he have told her the truth when she confronted him?

A stray tear escaped and rolled down Luna's cheek. Carter quickly pulled her close and wiped it away. Luna took a deep breath, "regardless of our actions. Where is our daughter?"

I was so caught up in my anger I had forgotten. I quickly jumped up. "My mother has her! Lilith is the one who created the portal in the sky, I'm still not sure what her plan is, but she's taken control of Lizbeth!"

Luna jumped up, eyes wide. "No!" She bolted towards the stairs. We all followed her into a small office. She was frantically looking for something. Tearing through the various chests, she finally found what she was looking for. She held a small blue orb. It glowed softly.

Isabella's eyes widened at the sight of it. "What are you doing?" her voice trembled.

"There's only one way to break that spell, for I cannot fight my own daughter. But if I can get her far away from Lilith, the spell should break," she said confidently.

Isabella paled. "But mother! Only one can go through that!" She grabbed Luna's hand, trying to stop her. "I'll go! It's my fault she's here! I'm sorry!" she cried. Luna hugged her tightly and wiped her tears away.

"Get the glyph ready. Make sure there's something soft underneath." She kissed her forehead and looked at Jerimiah, her expression determined. "I will get our daughter back. I promise." With that, she ran out of the office. Isabella tried to go after her, but her dad stopped her.

"What was that?" I asked.

Jeremiah sighed. He looked so tired. "A one-way portal, only one person can go through it."

My eyes widened at the realization. Would Luna be able to take on my mother? 

©2021 Jessica Powell. All Rights Reserved 

*****Thank you to my wonderful editor Arco*****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 1.1K 62
|| Ɨ2 FEATURED || When the ever-skittish, homesick, twelve-year old Fralith accidentally-on-purpose stops a kidnapping, no one knows what to think--e...
48 2 11
It was a rainy day, and recently one of the students at your school went missing. All was left was a strange crystal creating a portal to somewhere...
1.3M 72K 115
Born with glowing green eyes. Destined for rotten luck. Peasant girl Meya Hild was "given" the opportunity to become a Lady. At swordpoint. By merce...
570K 16.1K 35
I stroll up to him, tracing his jaw with my gun. He smirks at me. I grin. "What do you want, Isaac?" I ask, circling him, keeping the gun against him...