8th World Wonder

By merderlover24

meredith is set that she is never dating anyone or getting involved because of her past. when derek shepard e... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15/16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.

44.

1.4K 40 9
By merderlover24

One month. It been almost exactly one month since they had talked about the house. And now, today, the builders had broken ground. There was a driveway cleared for the workers to get through that would eventually become their driveway. Derek had watched as they began to work, in awe of how everything between he and Meredith had come along. Months ago she had been too afraid to even call him her boyfriend and now they were building a house together. It was a start to a lifetime together. Of kids, and soccer games, and family barbeques on the back porch. While it all sounded cliché, it was all that Derek wanted, as long as it was with Meredith. He wanted to give her the life that she deserved and that she hadn't gotten as a child.

Meredith was going to be ecstatic about the house. And he wouldn't have to wait long to tell her as he got to her office building to pick her up for lunch. She was finishing up paper work at her desk as he came out of the elevator.

"Ready for lunch?"

"Hey..." She smiled, looking up as she took a pen from her mouth and sat a stack of files down.

"Lots of work today?" He asked, walking behind the desk and kissing her hard.

"We just took on a case with sextuplets." Meredith replied. "It's keeping us busy."

"Seriously?" Derek asked, his eyebrows raised.

"Seriously." She smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"That's...Can I work here?" He laughed. "I want in on that case."

"You wish."

"It's a lot of babies...probably not all going to be healthy...I can help."

"You wish."

"It's a lot of babies...probably not all going to be healthy...I can help."

"I'm sure Addison will let you know if you can do anything." Meredith said, reaching for her purse. "Mother is about ten weeks and already has gestational diabetes."

"Tell her I'd love to help." Derek said, pulling Meredith back to him as she walked toward the elevator and kissing her.

"Hmm...." She smiled, her finger moving to entangle his hair.

"Mer..." He moaned against her lips.

"I wish it was time to be off work...and be naked."

"It can be."

"But it's just my lunch break." She smiled, backing into the elevator.

"So?" He smirked.

"So...we can't get naked....right now." She breathed, hitting the floor to the lobby before pulling him to her lips.

"Hmmm...Who said?" He murmured.

"Me."

"Why not?"

"Because...I have to work."

"Fine...Later."

"Later." She giggled, kissing him before getting off the elevator.

"Where do you want to eat?" He laughed, leading her outside.

"A place that has food."

"Thanks for the help."

"What do you want?" She asked, pushing him up against a building and kissing him.

"You." He groaned, pressing his erection against her.

"Hmm...."

"Please..."

"Derek...." She whispered, kissing him again.

"Please." He repeated.

"Where?" She giggled, looking around.

"Car?"

"You seriously want it?"

"Yes."

"Hmmm...what if I say no?" Meredith asked.

"I'm going home." Derek laughed.

"Like this?" She asked, looking around before pressing her hand against the bulge in his jeans.

"Mer..." He moaned. "Please."

"The car?"

"Car."

"Fine...." She smirked, reaching for his hand. "And what is on the menu for lunch?"

"Whatever you want." He said, quickly walking towards the car.

"We only have an hour." She smirked, walking up the stairs to the parking garage and turning around and smirking as he struggled. "Are you going to make it?"

"Not funny." He laughed.

"We could go have a sandwich...instead of each other." Meredith replied, taking a few steps up. "You know...if you're not going to make it..."

"I'll make it." Derek said, finally catching up to her.

"Hmm...." She replied, pulling him to her lips.

"Can we please go to car...now." He begged, pulling the keys out of his pocket.

"What's the hurry?"

"I think you know."

"The weather." She asked, looking around as she pulled her hair from the pony tail.

"Shut up." He laughed, as they finally got to the car.

"What's wrong?" She asked, opening the car door.

"I need you...right now."

"Then get in the car."

"Going." He said, climbing into the car.

"Good." She replied as he got into the back seat. "Wait....you're...why?"

"What?"

"Backseat?"

"Yeah...more room."

"I...okay." Meredith breathed, climbing over the center console.

"Pants off please." Derek said, undoing the button and the zipper.

"Pants...." Meredith nodded, pushing her dress pants down her waist as she hit her head on the top of the car.

"Are you okay?" He laughed.

"Yeah...." Meredith replied, reaching her hand down to his center. "Come on...."

"Ohhh...Okay." Derek groaned, quickly removing his jeans.

"Hmm...you're hard." She giggled as she bent over, pushing the middle seatbelt out of the way as she kissed him deeply.

"I am..." He murmured, pushing her panties down.

"Hmm....I like that feeling." She breathed, rubbing him under her warmth as she lowered her head to avoid hitting the roof of the car again.

"Mer...Jesus." He groaned, trying to enter her.

"Derek...."

"Please..."

"Hmm....Derek!" She gasped, lowering herself onto him as she grasped for the head rest.

"Ohh...Shit." He moaned, raising his hips, trying to move farther into her.

"Oh God."

"Mer...harder...please."

"Harder...." She repeated, grinding her hips over him.

"Ohhh...Yeah."

"Derek...." She moaned as his hands moved over her breasts.

"Mer...Oh hell."

"Derek."

"That...almost..."

"I....oh my....oh shit." Meredith whimpered slamming her lips into his.

"Hmm..." Derek murmured against her lips, his hips bucking against her.

"Fuck...." She moaned, pressing a hand on the window as she felt him thrust harder into her. "Derek...I'm...."

"Yeah...Me..." He stuttered, his orgasm coming over him.

"Derek!"

"I...Oh god."

"Shit...." She moaned as he pulled her lips onto his, letting their tongues collide as he pushed himself harder into her. "Hmm...."

"Mer..." He murmured, completely out of breath.

"Ohh.....oh....Derek!" She screamed, her legs shaking as he spilled himself into her, sending her into her white hot orgasm. "I...."

"Oh...Hell." He yelled, his own legs trembling.

"Oh....that's..." Meredith's chest heaved as he body came down from the orgasm. She giggled a little as she saw the fogged up windows, with the slightest of hand prints. "We....that's...."

"Yeah...we...yeah." Derek laughed.

"Oh wow...." She breathed, lying on top of him.

"I did actually have...important...something to tell you."

"Yeah?" She asked, running her hand along his lower waistline.

"The house...they broke ground." He said, rubbing her bare back.

"They did?"

"Yeah."

"That's...wow."

"And the drive way is...sort of there." Derek laughed.

"We're....we're...this is our house....we're building a house and...I'll give you money....to give the contractors."Meredith giggled.

"No you won't."

"Yeah I...I have to give you some because it's our house." Meredith breathed in a very euphoric tone.

"No...You don't have to give me any money." Derek said.

"Houses have to be paid for Der."

"It's taken care of."

"I'll write you a check." Meredith insisted.

"I'll rip it up." Derek smirked.

"You can't...you're not the only one paying for this house that I keep adding things to."

"Mer...It's fine."

"No...it's our house."

"I know. But...consider it a gift."

"A gift?" Meredith cocked an eyebrow. "You can't gift a house..."

"Who says I can't?" Derek laughed.

"It's just...they're expensive and building a house was my idea." Meredith whispered against his chest. "I shouldn't have pressured you."

"I was going to build a house there anyway. It was just a matter of time."

"Yeah but this is our house for being...us and...there are supposed to be kids and you can't always pay for everything."

"You can pay for anything you want for the house once it's done." Derek said.

"But it's ours...."
Beth says:
"It is."

"Let me at least pay for our driveway." Meredith added, sitting up to reach for her purse.

"Fine." Derek sighed.

"What was the sigh about?" Meredith frowned.

"Nothing...I just wanted this to be like a gift to you...or something."

"I just don't want you to feel like all of this is expected and...I don't want you to feel like you have to take care of me." She frowned as he took her purse and sat it in the front seat.

"I don't feel like that." He answered, sitting up.

"You don't?"

"No...I want to take care of you because I love you...but not because I feel like I'm obligated."

"I'm an assistant."

"I know."

"And I'm never going to make as much as....it's a really big house and I just dont' want you to think because you make more that I can't...do anything."

"That's never crossed my mind." Derek took her hand and linked their fingers together.

"And I know that doesn't matter because there are other things that you want...that we want and I don't want to just be the assistant who hooked up with the top brain surgeon for the great big house and a couple of kids."

"That's not...you thought that that's what I thought?" He frowned.

"No."

"Did something happen that made you say that?"

"No it's just...this house might get expensive and..."

"I promise you that it's fine."

"What about my inheritance?" Meredith replied, quickly.

"Inheritance?" Derek asked, confused.

"My mom left me a little bit of money...most of it went to medical funding but still...I think there might be enough to help."

"You can pay to decorate nursery...once I go poor from building the house" He joked.

"Poor? Derek let's get rid of some stuff...we don't have to have French doors...we can have regular ones."

"Joking, Meredith. Completely joking."

"And what about getting rid of the arched window in the nursery...we don't need that." Meredith replied as she struggled to slide her panties back on.

"Meredith, I'm not going to go poor." Derek said, stopping her as she finally got her panties back on.

"I'm just an assistant."

"You keep saying that."

"Because it's true."

"And that's fine. I'm not...This sounds really bad but I have plenty of money to pay for a house and have a lot left."

"Because you did something with your life and....I dropped out of collegeto take care of the mother who said I'd never amount to anything and I have a Dad who is usually too drunk to remember what year I was born in or even that Molly's baby's name is Laura...I'm not what you think is perfect and I just...I don't want you to think i can't pull weight."

"Meredith, I don't think that at all. You're amazing...everything you've been through and where you are. I love you how you are because to me, you are perfect." Derek whispered, kissing her hand.

"That was cheesy."

"But true."

"Thanks." She breathed.

"I love you." He said before lightly kissing her.

"I love you too." She whispered, kissing him again before resting her head on his shoulder. They were in the back seat of his car and all she could do was listen to the sound of his breathing, giving her the slightest bit of hope. "Derek?"

"Hmm?"

"Thanks and....I just want to feel like I've done something in my life and I don't feel like I've done a lot. But falling in love...it does feel like I did do something amazing just once in my life." Meredith breathed, letting a small tear fall in her eyes. "But I have to do this baby thing...right now I know I need to one day have a baby because i need to feel like I've contributed something great and that I've done something with my life. So a baby...a you and me...and a house and everything...it makes me feel like I've at least done something right in my life."

"You've done a lot more things right than you think."

"I just need to feel like it again...because with you...I finally did something and I just need to feel like that again."

"Okay" Derek nodded, kissing her forehead.

"Okay." She whispered, as she watched their hands clasp together again.

"You should probably go back to work." He laughed.

"Probably."

"I'll see you at home later."

"Yeah." Meredith replied, arching her body to button her pants before leaning over and grabbing her purse from the front seat. "Love you."

"I love you too." Derek smiled, kissing her before she got out of the car. They were just supposed to have had sex in the car but it had turned into a moment that had led him to a conclusion of what he had to do. She had already done so much for him and didn't know it. Being the girl who didn't date, she gave him a chance and that was all that he could have ever asked for. And now she felt she had to give more. They were going to have the house and she was going to give him a child so it was his turn to give her something back and make her feel like secure and like she belonged. There was no doubt in his mind when they met that she was the one for him, but now, he knew and was going to make it official that they would be together for the rest of their lives.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.3K 1.7K 35
Meredith and Derek's relationship crumbled twelve years ago because of outside circumstances. When they meet again, they must decide to either try ag...
18.9K 768 30
When both Derek and Meredith are put in the running to become Chief of Surgery, they find one another in the intense chase for their dream career. Bu...
115K 3.6K 55
Meredith is a med student and Derek is a part time professor working at her school. Derek is a single father and has a daughter. What happens when me...
23.2K 315 16
so this starts off by Derek choosing Addison over Meredith.A lot of tragic things happen to meredith which makes derek realize he loves her but never...