8th World Wonder

By merderlover24

meredith is set that she is never dating anyone or getting involved because of her past. when derek shepard e... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15/16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.

27.

1.4K 47 14
By merderlover24

There was still no relationship. They spent as much time as possible together, kissed and cuddled and slept in each others beds, but it was not a relationship. Especially after what had happened with Thatcher. Ever since then, Meredith had been more distant and less open to him. It was understandable. Having a father like that couldn't be easy, and Derek hated that she had to deal with that. And if just spending time together, lying on the couch watching TV made it better, then he would stay there forever.

"Jennifer Aniston is really pretty."

"Yeah, but she's not as funny as Phoebe." Derek laughed.

"I think she's funny." Meredith replied as they watched an episode of Friends, while she laid on top of him.

"Joey reminds me of Mark." Derek said, rubbing her back.

"Joey's better." Meredith giggled.

"Don't tell him that."

"I won't..." She breathed, burying her face in the space between his shoulder and neck.

"But I agree with you."

"That's nice."

"You okay, Mer?" Derek asked, kissing the top of her head.

"Yeah..." She whispered, pressing a light kiss on his neck as she ran her hand along the other side.

"What should we have for dinner?"

"I don't know." She whispered, lifting her head a little to kiss his lips.

"Pasta?" He suggested, kissing her back.

"It's up to you...I'm not hungry."

"Oh." Derek frowned, worried because she hadn't eaten a lot the past couple of days.

"I'll eat later." She whispered, burying her face in his neck again.

"Sounds good." He kissed the top of her head again.

"You smell good." She replied, ignoring the sound of the television.

"I don't smell like hospital?"

"No." She giggled tiredly, "But if you'd a brought those scrubs back...."

"Then I would have smelled like brain."

"But I like the scrubs...."

"When they're clean, I'll bring them." He laughed.

"You have a billion scrubs. Meredith said, as her hands moved around his chest.

"How do you know that?" Derek laughed. "Snooping in my stuff?"

"You're a surgeon." Meredith whispered. "You have a lot of scrubs."

"You're right. I do. I could bring them next time if you like them so much."

"For me to....like sleep in?" Meredith asked as his fingers ran through her hair.

"You want to sleep in my scrubs?" Derek smiled.

"They just....they look comfy," Meredith shrugged.

"I'll bring you some then."

"Okay..." She whispered, turning her face away from his neck.

"I can get you some that actually fit you. Mine are probably way too big."

"Probably."

"Unless you want mine."

"Yours." She whispered, her finger messing with the fabric of his blue cotton t-shirt.

"You sure? They're going to be huge. I can probably grab an extra pair that will fit you."

"Maybe one of each."

"Okay." He laughed softly. "I can do that."

"Okay." She whispered as he shifted her a little bit, causing her to look up. "What?"

"My leg is falling asleep."

"Oh."

"Plus, this is more comfortable."

"Yeah." She pressed a light kiss on his cheek before resting her head on his chest and watched the scenes flash by on the television.

"I have the afternoon off tomorrow. Maybe I'll come to your office for lunch." He whispered, rubbing her back.

"Oh....I um...I have the day off." Meredith replied.

"Do you have plans already?"

"Besides endless amounts of laundry and cleaning? No." Meredith giggled.

"Can I come over and help?"

"You want to come clean? My house?" Meredith lifted her head to look at him as she pushed a curl from his face.

"Sure." Derek smiled softly. "I'll make it fun."

"Fun?" She grinned, as she cocked an eyebrow.

"Not that kind of fun, porny." Derek laughed.

"Mean." She giggled, her hand running through his hair.

"I'm not mean. Who else would offer to help you clean your house and do your laundry?" Derek laughed, kissing her forehead quickly.

"There are other things I need help with."

"Things like what?"

"Tomorrow....things." Meredith replied, looking at him as her eyes darkened a little.

"I think I get it." He smirked.

"I'm glad."

"I get off work at two so I'll come over here after."

"Okay." She replied as he sat up next to her.

"Unless you don't want me to come." Derek frowned.

"Who would help me clean?"

"Lexie?"

"Mean."

"I'm coming." He laughed.

"Good." She breathed, their hands linking together.

"Can I stay over tonight?" Derek whispered.

"What? No."

"Oh...Okay."

"I...you have to work early and..."

"It's okay."

"Okay."

"Is there anything else you want me to bring tomorrow?" Derek asked, changing the subject, disappointed that she had said no to him staying there

"Not that I can think of." She whispered, straddling him.

"Except the scrubs." He said, rubbing her back.

"Maybe you should wear scrubs when you come over." Meredith giggled a little, her hands moving over his chest. "I think that's a great idea."

"Seriously?" Derek laughed.

"Yep." She nodded.

"I'll change them so I don't smell like hospital and brains and...just gross."

"But if you do smell....I have a shower."

"You want me to come over stinky?"

"No but showers....showers are good to."

"I can shower before I come and then...when I get here."

"So two showers?" She giggled, her eyes glistening. "You'll be very clean."

"I will." He laughed. "I don't want to come over and be gross so...shower first."

"And the second shower?"

"Second shower here."

"Here?" She asked, giggling a little. "Why two showers?"

"I'm getting the feeling that you want me to come over here smelly and then shower with you."

"That's porny."

"You started it."

"Shower first."

"Okay." He laughed, nodding his head. "I'll shower first."

"And then fun...when you get here."

"Definitely." He grinned.

"But now you have to leave."

"Why?" Derek pouted.

"Because it's late...and you slept over last night." Meredith replied, her lips moving against his.

"Fine." Derek laughed. "But you have to get off of me for me to leave."

"Oh." She frowned, kissing him quickly before standing up in front of the couch.

"I'll see you tomorrow afternoon." He whispered, putting his hands on her hips and kissing her forehead.

"Hmm...okay."

"Bye." He breathed, lightly kissing her.

Hmmm...." She kissed him again, pushing him into the front door before letting out a little giggle. "Go home."

"I'm going." He laughed, opening the door.

"Bye." She breathed, leaning her head against the door.

"Bye." He smiled back at her, before turning around and walking to his car.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.2K 1.7K 35
Meredith and Derek's relationship crumbled twelve years ago because of outside circumstances. When they meet again, they must decide to either try ag...
23.2K 315 16
so this starts off by Derek choosing Addison over Meredith.A lot of tragic things happen to meredith which makes derek realize he loves her but never...
115K 3.6K 55
Meredith is a med student and Derek is a part time professor working at her school. Derek is a single father and has a daughter. What happens when me...
53K 891 26
Derek Shepherd is a senior in high school and Meredith Grey is only a freshman in high school. Meredith has big dreams and hopes but will her depress...