The Pencil's Case

By WeArTM

Sometimes life can play tricks to you. That's what I thought when I was in front of this police officer. He w... More

Are you playing with me?
Between memories and common sense.
The clue: Determination
Introspection
Let's make a deal.
What a stubborn pain!
A conversation: word by word, sentence after sentence.
A case to resolve
A free man
Welcome to... my house?
Un-Usual school day
Another self
Flirt or not flirt? That is the question.
What do you think about my house?
Push and pull
Tell me you love me! ยฎ๏ธ
Night and day
If only you knew...
In the night
Remember last friday?
--:-- Time's up. ยฎ๏ธ
Next day
After, life after

Hello?

12 0 0
By WeArTM

It's a rainy day, I love rain, I usually go out during those days but today I was thinking about something else so I stay on my sofa. It's been a few hours since school ended. It's already dark outside. The thunder rumbles outside. I haven't switched the light on, so my room is also dark, I only can see thanks to the moonlight.

At the moment my room has been luminous by a bolt of lightning which struck in the air, someone knocks on the door. Who is that? I never receive anybody in here. Still, I get up and went to open the door.

I was now facing a man in half of his thirties, quite good-looking. His clothes are a bit fancy but not too much. Because of his face, I can tell he doesn't sleep that much, is it due to work or maybe children? I checked him from head to toe. I take a look at his outfit, a pair of black jeans, a khaki jacket above a white top, and... sneakers? They were elegant and comfortable, I can tell! I have the same pair somewhere in my apartment. Suddenly, he speaks. "Kang Liu?"

If someone asks my full name then it's a police officer. But why is he at my door? "It's me", I said. "Then you should get dressed. I am officer Eun." I watch myself to realize I was shirtless with only a pair of shorts as a bottom. "Come in, I'll go put some clothes on". "Sure thanks", he replied.

I switched on the light while leaving the door. I went to find some clothes that suit a rainy day. The police officer entered and closed the door. Then he took a look at my apartment.

The door is directly leading to the living room. I have a large bookcase against the wall next to my bay window. In the middle of the room stands a brown leather sofa, with a small table in front of it. My couch is facing the entrance. There is no TV. I have a desk against the window and a laptop on it. I also have a lamp and a few other pieces of furniture and decoration but nothing too much I prefer my space to be sober. I put a carpet under the table and the sofa. My floor is elegantly composed of parquet.

I came back dressed up. I wear black jeans too, but I associated them with black boots and a top under a long coat. The officer asked me: "Are you ready to leave?"

"Sure", I answered.

"Let's go."

"I follow you."

He gave me a small smile before heading out. I took my umbrella from the umbrella holder standing right next to the door. I locked my door before putting my keys in my pocket.

"You are quite calm for a young boy who knows he's going to the police station", he remarked.

" Should I panic then? You are not arresting me, if not I would have handcuffs on my wrists. You are going to interrogate me, which means I am a witness or a suspect but you don't have enough proof."

"You don't say you didn't do anything?" he noticed.

At his tone, I knew it was a statement, not a question. I kept quiet all the way to the car, and in the car. After that, he led me to an interview room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.9K 2.2K 39
I have a stalker. I know everyone eventually has one and some are solved over time or through restraining orders. But let's take a moment and imagine...
9.1K 368 36
"What's your problem?" He asks darkly. "What's your problem?" I spit back. "Why do you keep following me?" He hisses. "I don't follow you!" I shout...
20.4K 578 27
I was walking down the sidewalk on a rainy night which was the night it all began. I was only 7, chatting with my mother and twin brother, not knowin...
30.2K 740 36
He sat on the edge of the bed and felt like throwing up, he wanted to curl up in a ball and just sink far down into the ground. He didn't know what...