Burning Down | Harry Potter

By narcissablacc

~Where dwell the brave at heart, their daring, nerve and chivalry sets a Gryffindor apart~ What if there was... More

Announcement
Prologue
00.
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
~Cordelia Black~
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37. (Important)
Act II
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
Act III
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
79 (II)
80

22.

4.9K 160 28
By narcissablacc

Little one,

If you're reading this then that means I'm no longer around. I deeply apologise for that.

I hope this letter finds you in the best of your health.

Please beware, now that I'm not around, I want you to be very cautious. Remember you're the only one who can be their most honest self to your own self. No one else.

Now, on a lighter note. I had a talk with with Mr.Zeden and he obliged to send you the pack of sweets on my behalf quite a few times until you graduate from Hogwarts.

However it won't always come with a letter.

You're the strongest girl I know Dora. I trust you know what you're doing. You somehow always do, which is a good thing sweetheart.

I love you dear heart.

- Lazarus Dallarosa

Cordelia folded the letter and kept in neatly in a book, that once belonged to Lazarus.

Sighing deeply, she popped a sweet in her mouth.

The letter had come with the pack of sweets that Aleks had delivered that day.

Dora went down to the kitchens, where Cedric and herself had decided to meet up.

"Lia" Cedric squeaked in a high-pitched voice and fake enthusiasm.

"Ced" Dora faked the enthusiasm as well.

The two of them burst out laughing.

"How have you been?" Cedric questioned as the two sat down on two chairs.

"Alright" Dora shrugged her shoulders, "How have you been?"

"Good. I'm excited about the upcoming tournament" he gushed about the tournament.

"You're entering?"

"Yes. You don't think I can't win right?" He faked a pout.

"No, of course you can. Lucky you're not up against me, then it could've been hard" Dora said nonchalantly.

"Sure" he playfully rolled his eyes.

"But.... how have you been ever since.....?" He trailed off.

"Doing fine. Can't really dwell on it. Won't bring him back" Dora looked down at her lap.

"You know I'm here for you? You can talk to me"

"I do"

The two talked about the Quidditch World Cup, Tri-wizard tournament, Dora disarming Moody and about Draco the ferret.

"Not funny Cedric" Dora waved her hand, as Cedric continued laughing muttering 'Ferret Boy' under his breath.

"It was" he chuckled.

"He was actually hurt" Dora sighed. She seemed to be doing that a lot these days.

"And Harry shouldn't have-"

"Did Miss say Harry Potter? Dobby knows Mr. Harry Potter" an elf said stopping in his tracks, "The great. Kind. Harry Potter" he breathed, as if talking about someone almighty.

"You know Harry how Dobby?" Cedric chuckled.

"Mr.Harry Potter freed Dobby from his previous masters. They treated Dobby bad" he whispered looking around.

"Wait..... you're.... The Malfoy's were your last owners weren't they?" Dora questioned.

"Yes Miss" Dobby nodded.

"They treated you badly? Narcissa treated you badly?" She pressed.

"Not the Miss. She said not a word to Dobby,  but masters kicked Dobby around"

Cedric was surprised to know that, so was Dora.

There was laughter, Dora was now laughing quite loudly, startling Cedric and Dobby.

"What happened to you?" Cedric questioned not understanding why she was laughing.

"Don't you see." Dora chuckled, "I'm in such a mess. I care about some people who's actions never fail to amaze me. They are so against my morals and ideologies and yet I can't help but think of them as family." She laughed, her eyes watering.

"I'll meet you tomorrow"

Dora rushed out of the kitchen and out of the castle.

It was dark outside.

The black lake was moving, small waves rising due to the intense air.

Was everything around me really this confusing?

Standing in front of black lake, Dora's mind went blank as she stared off into distance.

The cold wind helped her calm down a little.

How can grown ups do this? Do they not know how much it speaks about them by how they treat their inferiors?

There were a few morals and ideologies that were drilled inside Dora's brain by Lazarus. Not by making her mug them up, but by making her realise things.

-

Dora, unlike the others was not looking forward to Moody's class in the first place.

There is something definitely wrong with him.... she thought when he performed the crutiatus curse and the killing curse in front of the whole class. She pitied Neville for that short moment.

She saw Moody's magical eye looking at her quite a bit.

There was something odd about how he talked of how many people had stated that they were being controlled by the Imperius curse.

Dora quickly left the class, after they were dismissed, walking towards the entrance hall by taking a longer route.

As her feet carried her near the hall, she saw the three Gryffindors walking in as well, while Wetherby was talking foolishly.

".....He really knows his stuff, Moody, doesn't he? When he did Avada Kedavra, the way that spider just died, just snuffed it right -" he was cut off by Dora brushing past him. Bumping his shoulder.

Wetherby grunted when he saw who was standing in front of the three but before he could say something, Dora spoke up, "You really have no decency in you. I didn't know manners were that costly" she sneered.

"I have more manners than Mal-"

"Had you had any manners, you wouldn't be talking about how the spider died, considering you're friends with Potter" she gave Harry a fake pout.

-

Dora quietly moved down the spiral staircase, she had forgotten behind her book in the common room.

She heard voices, making her stop on the last step, staying hidden behind the arch.

She heard Harry talking, "Harry - I'm flying north immediately. This news about your scar is the latest in a series of strange rumors that have reached me here. If it hurts again, go straight to Dumbledore - they're saying he's got Mad-Eye out of retirement, which means he's reading the signs, even if no one else is.
I'll be in touch soon. My best to Ron and Hermione. Keep your eyes open, Harry.
Sirius"

He actually stayed in touch with Sirius.... she wondered. 

"He's flying north?" Hermione whispered. "He's coming back?"

"Dumbledore's reading what signs?" said Ron,  "Harry - what's up?"

She saw from her hiding place Harry  hiting himself in the forehead with his fist, jolting his snowy white owl out of his lap.

"I shouldn't've told him!" Harry said furiously.

"What are you on about?" said Ron in surprise.

"It's made him think he's got to come back!" said Harry, now slamming his fist on the table so that Hedwig landed on the back of Ron's chair, hooting indignantly.

"Coming back, because he thinks I'm in trouble! And there's nothing wrong with me! And I haven't got anything for you," Harry snapped at Hedwig, who was clicking her beak expectantly, "you'll have to go up to the Owlery if you want food."

Dora quietly stepped out of her hiding place, her grey eyes connecting with Harry's blue ones.

"I'm here for the book" she whispered, picking up the book from the table, and quickly walking back upstairs.

Sirius is actually coming North..... his scar hurt? The scar which made him famous... also what signs is Dumbledore reading?

Signs that no one else is reading.....

-

Cordelia, thanking Lazarus' Occlumency lessons was able to fight the Imperius curse, making Moody give a small smirk.

"It's not only Potter. But see Miss Black here can fight it too. Completely. Very impressive" he half yelled at the class, muttering under his breath right after.

Dora wasn't sure but she surely did pick up the words 'so like her father' but she couldn't be sure, which made her look at him weirdly.

How can he know my father?

The week was a long one, the professors kept giving them loads and loads of homework, their reason being- O.W.L's.

Dora was quick to not let her homework pile.

What her uncle on the run, mentioned in the letter had been stuck in her mind throughout...... reading sings even if no one else is. Harry's scar hurt.

Harry Potter hadn't made another move to ask her out. Which did bring some relief.

She wondered if they could ever be together really. Their differences were hard to keep aside.

Going through different books to learn about the antidotes, that were suggested by Draco, Dora sat with her left side facing the fireplace.

She shrieked a little when a hand with a tin can was rattled under her nose.

"What" she whisper yelled looking up at Hermione Granger.

"Sorry, didn't mean to startle you" Granger said looking sheepish.

"What is it. Waste my time and I'll poison you and your friends before Sni- Snape does" she said getting back to her books.

"I am selling badges. They cost only two sickles each" Hermione said haughtily.

"And what makes these badges so special?" Dora questioned looking up again.

Hermione slid a SPEW badge over to Dora, making the pale girl look at it confused.

"S-P-E-W what's that"

Hermione was more than delighted to hear that, she quickly dived into its explanation, making Harry and Ron's eyes go wide, who hadn't expected Black to listen to Hermione at all.

Considering how her friend Draco keeps calling their friend a slur all the time.

"Oh you're the only person who read it correctly. Everyone else assumed it was spew and not S-P-E-W. It is a Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare. It promotes paid work, and frees elfs from slavery. It also promotes paid leaves and sick leaves-"

Granger was cut off by Dora stopping her by clearing her throat.

"Right. But I've never heard of it before" Dora quirked an eyebrow.

"It's because it's starting only now. I am starting it." Hermione said with a pink face.

Dora looked at Hermione for a few seconds, not letting any emotions of amusement that she was feeling show.

"House-elves don't mind working though" she said looking down at her book, but paying attention to what Granger had to say further.

"It's because they are not educated-"

"Hermione" Ron cut her off, "No point talking to-" but he got cut off by Hermione herself.

"They are not educated and don't understand the term slavery. It does not stop them from working. Merely gives them their credit for the work that they are doing and-"

"How much for a badge again?" Dora whispered, not looking up from her book.

"And and- what?"

"I asked how much for a badge" Dora repeated herself, looking up at Granger again.

"Uh, right. 2 sickles" Hermione bounced on her feet.

This was the very first and least expected person who was actually buying the badge willingly.

"I don't have any sickles with me" Dora said, handing Granger 1 galleon.

"I- I don't have change" Hermione said looking around, "Harry do you maybe have-" but Dora quickly declined.

"I don't want it. Keep the change. But I'd like to have that badge in specific" she said pointing to a badge that was white in colour. The letters SPEW written in black on it.

"Here. I'll give you the change when I get it" Granger said handing Dora the badge.

"I don't need it. Please go now" she said pinning the badge to the inside of her white leather bag.

Hermione beamed for a moment at the pinned badge before walking over to her friends.

_____________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 3.8K 45
รฉ๐š™๐šŠ๐š—๐š˜๐šž๐š’ (๐š๐š•๐š˜๐šž๐š›๐š’๐šœ๐š‘๐šŽ๐š): ๐š๐š˜ ๐š๐š›๐š˜๐š  ๐š˜๐š› ๐š๐šŽ๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š•๐š˜๐š™ ๐š’๐š— ๐šŠ ๐š‘๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š•๐š๐š‘๐šข ๐š˜๐š› ๐šŸ๐š’๐š๐š˜๐š›๐š˜๐šž๐šœ ๐š ๐šŠ๐šข, ๐šŽ๐šœ๐š™๐šŽ๐šŒ๐š’๐šŠ๐š•๐š•๐šข ๐šŠ๏ฟฝ...
34.2K 1.3K 40
โ› ๐—ช๐—˜'๐—Ÿ๐—Ÿ ๐—•๐—˜ ๐—” ๐—™๐—œ๐—ก๐—˜ ๐—Ÿ๐—œ๐—ก๐—˜ โœ โช ยทหš เผ˜ ยฐห–โœงหš * เณƒ โบห– โธโธ หšโ‚Šเผ‰ โซ in which mavis black was known all around hogwarts, but mostly for her nam...
172K 14.9K 92
" โ‚œโ‚’โ‚’ โ‚—โ‚โ‚œโ‚‘ แตข โ‚—โ‚’แตฅโ‚‘d แตงโ‚’แตค, โ‚’ โ‚œโ‚’โ‚’ โ‚‘โ‚แตฃโ‚—แตง แตข โ‚–โ‚™โ‚‘w แตงโ‚’แตค. " What if, in the prophecy, the chosen one isn't specifically a boy as previously thought, but rathe...
2.6M 86.4K 153
philophobia-the fear of falling in love or becoming emotionally connected to someone... ~~~ This is a story you've heard before, passed down throu...