Burning Down | Harry Potter

By narcissablacc

~Where dwell the brave at heart, their daring, nerve and chivalry sets a Gryffindor apart~ What if there was... More

Announcement
Prologue
00.
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
~Cordelia Black~
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37. (Important)
Act II
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
Act III
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
79 (II)
80

21.

5.4K 183 34
By narcissablacc

Cordelia was called up in Dumbledore's office.

"Come in Ms.Black" he said when he saw Cordelia standing by the door.

Cordelia stepped in, closing the door behind her.

It was not the first time of Dora visiting his office.

"How are you?" He questioned while sitting in his chair.

"Perfectly fine sir" she replied looking around a bit, her eyes observing all the moving portraits.

"Very well, very well" he got up from his chair. Moving around.

"You know why you're here?"

Dora shook her head in reply.

"Remus had last year informed us that you wanted to continue with your wandless magic lessons."

Dora nodded her head slowly, waiting for the headmaster to continue.

"You shall have those with me" he finished with a final look.

"With you?" Dora was surprised.

She didn't doubt Dumbledore's ability. His wandless magic abilities are beyond marvellous. So it was a surprise to see that he wanted to teach her.

"Is there a problem with that Ms.Black or do you doubt my abilities?" He asked looking at her, with twinkling eyes while fixing his crescent shaped glasses.

"No sir. I was just a bit taken back" Dora said, straightening her shoulders.

"Moving on them."

Dumbledore led Dora to the round space in the middle of his office.

"Can you do something then?"

Dora nodded her head, focusing on the books in the shelves behind his table and chair, she levitated them from their original place.

The books all hanging in the air, as if tied to an invisible thread.

Keeping them back on the shelves, she turned towards Dumbledore.

"Wandless and non-verbal" Dumbledore mused.

"Somehow it is easy for me" Dora told him.

This was a trait she had picked from Lazarus.

The lesson went on for an hour.

Dora claimed she wanted to learn how to disarm someone before anything else.

Her disarming abilities were alright, by the end. Although she had been unsuccessful in disarming Dumbledore.

"Do it with a wand" he said.

Dora furrowed her eyebrows but did it nonetheless , forgetting that she had to say the incantation out loud, she swiftly and quickly made the round and drop motion, disarming Dumbledore.

"That was..... easy" Dora whispered to herself.

"Clever it was. Not warning the person by saying the incantation out loud. A wand often helps us with being more precise with our target."

Dora walked out and towards the entrance hall, happy with her success. Her wand held in her hand still.

Upon entering the hall she stood beside Draco, who was what looked like to be taunting Ron Weasley about something.

"....that Mr. Moody had once again raised a false alarm. Mr. Weasley was forced to modify several memories before he could escape from the policemen, but refused to answer Daily Prophet questions about why he had involved the Ministry in such an undignified and potentially embarrassing scene. And there's a picture, Weasley!" said Draco, flipping the paper over and holding it up. "A picture of your parents outside their house - if you can call it a house! Your mother could do with losing a bit of weight, couldn't she?"

Dora jabbed Draco's side, which made him look down for second before he stepped away from her.

"Get stuffed, Malfoy," said Harry. "C'mon, Ron..."

"Oh yeah, you were staying with them this summer, weren't you, Potter?" sneered Draco. "So tell me, is his mother really that porky, or is it just the picture?"

"Draco stop" Dora hissed, whatever feud they had. It didn't have to get to the point where they start attacking each other's families.

"You know your mother, Malfoy?" said Harry, "that expression she's got, like she's got dung under her nose? Has she always looked like that, or was it just because you were with her?"

Draco's pale face went slightly pink.

"Watch your mouth Potter. You would've even have been there to see Narcissa had it not been for the free tickets" Dora said with a stoic expression, from beside Draco.

"Tell him to keep his fat mouth shut then" Harry told Dora, turning around.

There was a sudden 'BANG'

Draco had fired a spell at Harry, missing only slightly.

There was a second 'BANG' and Dora saw Moody roaring towards them , "Oh no you don't, laddie!"

Turing towards Draco she saw the space empty, looking down she saw a white ferret.

"Draco" she gasped.

"LEAVE HIM!" Moody roared when Goyle stepped forward to pick up Draco.

Turning away from Harry, Moody made his way towards them.  Making the ferret, Draco, squeak and run towards the dungeons.

"I don't think so!" roared Moody, pointing his wand at the ferret again - it flew ten feet into the air, fell with a smack to the floor, and then bounced upward once more.

Dora winced moving quickly towards the ferret to catch it.

"I don't like people who attack when their opponent's back's turned," growled Moody as the ferret bounced higher and higher, squealing in pain. "Stinking, cowardly, scummy thing to do..."

"STOP IT!" She yelled, moving to grab the ferret which Moody moved quickly up after he had hit it on the floor.

Turning around in pure worry and rage, Dora quickly disarmed Moody. Surprising him, with the others. She didn't wait to see the surprised look on McGonagall's face.

The ferret quickly moved into Dora's palm.

"Are you okay" but before the ferret could squeak. They heard McGonagall.

"Is that a student?"

"Yes" Moody replied picking up his wand.

McGonagall moved towards Dora, "Keep him down Ms.Balck"

Reluctantly Dora places Draco the ferret back on the floor.

A moment later, with a loud snapping noise, Draco had reappeared, lying in a heap on the floor with his sleek blond hair all over his now brilliantly pink face. He got to his feet, wincing.

Draco's eyes were watering from pain and humiliation.

"Are you okay?" Dora fussed looking at him.

"My father will hear about this" he muttered under his breath shakily.

"Oh yeah?" said Moody quietly, limping forward a few steps, the dull clunk of his wooden leg echoing around the hall. "Well, I know your father of old, boy....You tell him Moody's keeping a close eye on his son...you tell him that from me....Now, your Head of House'll be Snape, will it?"

Draco stood behind Dora, replying to Moody resentfully.

"Yes"

"Another old friend," growled Moody. "I've been looking forward to a chat with old Snape....Come on, you..."

And he moved to seize Drcao's upper arm but was stopped by Dora stepping in between, "Hands off the student Professor" she gritted out the last word.

"Move Ms.Balck, we're merely going to the dungeons"

Moody moved around, seizing Draco by arm he dragged them towards the dungeons.

Dora turned around to see Harry Potter and his friends sitting at the Gryffindor table laughing.

Moving quickly towards them, she slammed a hand down on their table. Startling the three.

"You'll be paying for this" she glared at Ron.

"He called it upon himself and it was Draco who attacked Harry first" Hermione Granger quickly intervened.

"Shut it Granger!" Dora snapped at Hermione, "Say another word about Narcissa again and you'll have it. While you, you better watch your back" she said glaring at Ron and Harry

Walking out of the hall, she moved to Slytherin common room.

"Parseltongue" she whispered the password.

Moving inside, she saw Draco's goons sitting on the large black leather couch.

"Where is he?"

"In his dorm, I'll show you" Blaise said quickly standing up.

Dora walked inside Draco's dorm to see him sitting on his bed, curtains drawn around his bed.

"I told you not to come in" he sneered from inside, thinking it was one of his friends.

"I did anyway" Dora said moving towards his bed, drawing back the curtains, she saw Draco writing furiously while tears kept flowing down his face.

"Draco...." She had never really seen Draco this upset. She never had even imagined that he would ever be this upset that he would be crying while writing to his father.

"Father will not like this" he sneered through his tears, making Dora chuckle sadly.

"Listen to me, hey" she grabbed Draco's arm who was folding the letter now, wanting to owl it as soon as possible.

Draco stopped momentarily, not looking up.

"They'll be paying for this." She tried to reassure her cousin.

Draco said nothing for a moment. His tears stopping.

"Are you okay?"

This made Draco's chin tremble a little, making Dora quickly engulf him in a hug.

"I was humiliated! I've never been so humiliated. He even had the audacity to talk about mother when she does not even mention likes of his kind, and it of course hurt. Bet even my so called friends enjoyed the little show" he cried in her shoulder.

Draco's ego was immensely bruised.  It would be leaving a scar.

"Well Weasley and Potter will be getting what's coming for them...... and it's okay to cry sometimes." she patted his back.

Draco was embarrassed for crying in front of Dora, but glad that she at least cared about him enough to disarm a teacher and come comfort him and not make fun of him for showing emotions.

_____________________________________________

Hey everyone! I'm breaking the Canon for this part..... the wand does not go to Cordelia. The elder wand does not accept Cordelia as its master....... because that would not fit my storyline :/

Thank You for reading and all the love!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.4K 3.8K 54
โ› ๐—ช๐—˜'๐—Ÿ๐—Ÿ ๐—•๐—˜ ๐—” ๐—™๐—œ๐—ก๐—˜ ๐—Ÿ๐—œ๐—ก๐—˜ โœ โช ยทหš เผ˜ ยฐห–โœงหš * เณƒ โบห– โธโธ หšโ‚Šเผ‰ โซ in which mavis black was known all around hogwarts, but mostly for her nam...
1.6M 58.1K 121
๐‰๐”๐๐ˆ๐๐„๐‘ ๐‹๐˜๐‘๐€ ๐๐‹๐€๐‚๐Š, born to Lyra Potter and Regulus Black, is Harry's older cousin, 1/3 of the Prankers Trio and niece to mass murder...
148K 3.2K 32
Elladora Zhavia Ursula Black I,daughter of Walburga and Orion Black, sister to Regulus Arcturus and Sirius Orion III.She had continued the Black trad...
3.7K 163 35
"We were so far into this war. It started with the Death of an innocent boy: Cedric Diggory. Then my mother, Cordelia Black. I don't know who's next...