8th World Wonder

By merderlover24

meredith is set that she is never dating anyone or getting involved because of her past. when derek shepard e... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15/16.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.

17.

1.5K 49 5
By merderlover24

"Meredith...Can you come to my office?" Addison said into the intercom from her desk.

"Yeah." Meredith replied, handing a file to the new receptionist, Becky. "Okay and make copies of this and add the fourteenth to her schedul as having the afternoob booked. She has a C-section."

"Okay."

Meredith turned, walking quickly down the hall after speaking with the receptionist. It was a busy day, but somehow she needed to make time for whatever Addison was calling her for. "Yeah?"

"Sit down." Addison gestured as Meredith entered her office.

"I feel like I'm in high school." Meredith giggled as she sat down. "Only my principal was bald and hit on me."

"Seriously?" Addison laughed. "That's creepy.

"Seriously."

"Okay...We need to talk." Addison sighed, sitting back in her chair.

"Is this about the coffee machine?" Meredith asked, sitting down in the opposing chair. "I swear I didn't mean to stuff it."

"It's not about the coffee machine."

"Oh." Meredith frowned, "Is this about lunch? We should order from that new Italian shop."

"It's about Derek." Addison said.

"Oh." Meredith replied, moving to stand again.

"Sit back down."

"Damn it."

"What are you doing with him, Meredith?"

"Nothing."

"He came over for dinner last night." Addison crossed her arms.

"Oh...how was that?" Meredith shifted uncomfortably.

"He told us what happened at lunch."

"Oh um...."

"So what are you doing with him?"

"I'm not doing anything with him, he knows that."

"Then why do you keep ending up kissing him?"

"I don't know." Meredith breathed.

"He really likes you." Addison pointed out.

"I know but...Addison I don't know him and I'm not in the position to....he knows I don't want anything from him." Meredith replied.

"Why don't you get to know him then?" Addison groaned. "It's not like you're marrying the guy."

"I just....he keeps asking me out and what if I do get to know him and he wants more again....?" Meredith said, running a hand through her hair. "I just...he's amazing and great even if I know little about him...but what do you want me to do Addison? I can't lead him on."

"Go out to lunch with him. Go to a movie. Get to know him. You never know what could happen." Addison suggested.

"That constitutes as a date."

"What if Mark and I go?"

"That's worse."

"You're just making excuses."

'If you and Mark went then it would officially be a double date and...I don't even date."

"Would you get over that already?" Addison said, getting irritated.

"Get over what?"

"That whole, I don't date, thing. It's crap and you know it."

"No it isn't." Meredith groaned.

"Why don't you date then?"

"Because I decided not to buy into that stuff."

"Why?"

"Because it's crap."

"You need to get over that, Meredith. Are you just going to be alone for the rest of your life while everybody around you...pairs off?"

"If that is what it comes to then yes." Meredith shrugged, before replying again. "Derek is great and kissing him is....it's good but the point is...I can't do anything more."

"He's a good guy."

"I know but...."

"Give him a chance. Go out with him. Once."

"Once?"

"Once or twice. Get to know him."

"That's a date."

"One date isn't going to kill you."

"Addison...."

"One date. Derek...he'll take good care of you. And if he doesn't, you can call me with some code word like in high school."

"Code word?" Meredith looked at her out of confusion.

"Yeah. You call me and say...the food is great...or something like that, and that means, this date sucks and I come get you."

"Oh...you're really expecting me to agree to this?" Meredith bit her lip, "Addison..."

"You have to grow up, Meredith." Addison groaned. "Be an adult. Go out to dinner with him. One, its a free meal and two, I can almost guarantee you'll have a good time."

"And what if he gets the wrong idea?"

"I'll talk to him."

"Addison, if I do this...go out on one date and one date only...I'm not doing it again."

"What if you realize that you like him?"

"Then I will never forgive you." She whispered.

"I think you already like him." Addison added.

"No I don't." Meredith insisted, her eyes turning red as she sat up quickly.

"If you didn't, you wouldn't keep kissing him."

"No I don't." Meredith shook her head. "Becky probably needs more training."

"Stop trying to change the subject." Addison almost yelled.

"Addison!"

"What? I'm your friend and I want you to be happy and don't tell me you are"

"Okay...one date...but after this...butt out." Meredith replied, crossing her arms.

"You're really doing it?" Addison grinned.

"Only if you'll shut up." Meredith groaned.

"I can't promise that, especially if things go well."

"One date."

"Fine." Addison said, trying to contain a smile.

"And I'm not wearing high heels." Meredith groaned, looking down at her feet.

"Can I help you pick out your outfit?"

"No."

"Why not?" She pouted.

"It's bad you already know guilting me into things works, so I'm not letting you pick out my clothes." Meredith groaned, taking her heels off. "And I hate you a little. My feet hurt."

"Sorry. It's part of being a professional woman." Addison laughed. "And I am helping you choose your outfit."

"No you bought me a gift card to a store with only high heels, you're fault."Meredith replied, rubbing her feet. "And I can pick out my own stuff."

"Please?" Addison begged, making a face. "I'll be good."

"No, I'm already doing this stupid date to make you happy." Meredith groaned.

"Fine." She laughed. "Go back to work. I'll call Derek."

"Wait wait wait....."

"What?"

"Let me handle the Derek thing, I don't need you to set up dates." Meredith replied.

"You so like him." Addison grinned.

"Addison stop." Meredith groaned, grabbing her stuff. "I'm going to go help Becky."

"Fine. Call Derek on your lunch break!" Addison called as Meredith left the office.

"I'll handle it!" She couldn't believe this. Her damn friend had a way of cracking her that she should of expected because Addison knew Meredith hated feeling guilty. Any of her close friends new they could get stuff from her if they made her feel bad enough. But she was going to get to know Derek, just a little through one date. One. Not two, not three, just one because she couldn't do more than that. Derek liked her, he barely knew her and somehow was eager to learn about her, talk to her and make her feel wanted which she should love except she was having throuble dealing with it. So she would go find him, not call him, but go see him and tell him she was interested in that date. Just once.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.9K 768 30
When both Derek and Meredith are put in the running to become Chief of Surgery, they find one another in the intense chase for their dream career. Bu...
25.8K 643 15
For years now, it had just been Derek and his daughter. But then he met Meredith. In that moment everything changed for him but he told himself that...
15.3K 657 55
The next chapter for Meredith and Derek and in true MerDer style there will be plenty of ups and downs. However, these downs really will test their l...
80.5K 2.2K 34
Derek and Meredith meet through Mark and Lexie. They've known each other for a couple years now. Derek is always teasing Meredith, it's totally obvio...