our hearts collided

By lilxnana

all of his attention is on her no matter how he feels about her. He don't want to like her He don't want to w... More

authors note.
introduction>3
♫ playlist ♫
0. butterflies
1. new york
2. careful
3. party
4. another night
5. hunting
6. play
7. fazed
8. swim
9. deal
10. concern
10.5. hurt
11. interwind
12. teacher's pet
13. afternoon delights.
14. dinner.
15. yours.
16. the moon.
17. camping.
18. obsessed.
19. drunk thoughts.
20. playing games.
21. pretty girl.
22. safe haven
23. rule two.
covers.
24. birthday girl.
25. temporary.
26. sorrows.
27. without you.
28. pain.
29. secrets.
30. lies.
31. afriad.
32. broken.
33. shatterd.
34. mason.
36. drowning.
37. ivory.
38. time.
39. giovanni.
40. finally.
41. our hearts.
42. collided.
epilogue

35. cause and effect.

6.1K 142 137
By lilxnana

Ivory<3

I pulled the blanket further up my legs. I look down at the slight bruises on my forearm, they still didn't heal.

Ace walked into the room I'm temporarily staying in at his apartment.

"Do you need anything?" He asked, he's has been checking up on me a lot.

I gave him a right to.

"I'm okay Ace, you don't have to worry about me," I tell him, twisting my fingers.

He chuckled under his breath, I feel a lecture coming on.

"When your little sister shows up at your door at four in the morning, soaking wet crying her eyes out with bruises all on her arms. I have the right to be worried."

He took a deep breath sitting at the edge of the bed.

"Im sorry," I whispered, I don't even know what to feel. I just know I'm sorry.

I feel like Bella from twilight when Edwards left and she sat in the window for months.

I always wonder if she was overreacting but, I know exactly how she felt now.

He stood from his spot, walking over to me. He leaned down placing a kiss on my forehead.

Just like he did when we were kids.

He cleared his throat. "Um, you don't have to go to the dinner tonight. I can make an excuse for you."

tonight is an event for the rich. If that's what you want to call it, it's practically a ballroom filled with trust fund kids and Wall Street.

I've been here at Ace's house for weeks Feeling like a total burden. Although he won't let me leave. I'd had multiple calls and texts from mason, Logan, and robin.

I didn't answer them, I can't. I can't admit how many times I called Giovanni. I'm one more voice mail away before filling up his answer machine.

"No um, that okay I can go. I need to get out." I stammered, pushing my hair behind my ear.

"Ivory, don't push yourself. If you aren't ready that's completely okay."  He observed my facial expression, he's been doing that a lot. I know he knows I'm going through something.

For heaven's sakes, he held me while I cried all night. He never complained he just sat there letting me know he was there.

I'm not ready, I'm not ready to talk about it. Because talking about it doesn't hurt, it's accepting it that hurts.

"I'll be fine." I bit my lip, keeping my feelings right below the surface.

He hesitated but nodded before walking away he spoke one last time.

"I can have emery come help you get ready." He tells me, emery his beloved girlfriend. She's a blessing I'm happy he's happy.

He works so much I'm happy he found someone.

I laid back in bed, nodding watching him leave.

I rub my eyes open hearing the door to the room open. Emery placed a tray of fruit down she looked so focus on what she was doing.

"Oh I'm sorry, did I wake you?" She asked, coming to my side as I sit up.

"No, not at all." She smiled, walking back over to the mirror where a dress lay.

"The event starts soon, I thought we should start getting ready, Ace gave me your keys to your apartment so I picked up a dress for you and your mail." She handed me the mail.

She's too kind.

"Thank you," I mumbled, looking at the mail. it was nothing important just bills and a letter from my mother.

A letter from my mother huh?

I tossed it to the side, letting out a sigh. We're not doing that not today.

——————————

I'm wearing my dress, I sat at the vanity letting emery curl my hair.

"You know it's gonna be okay," Emery tells me, I hope so emery, I don't think I can take much more.

I'd confided to her, not the whole thing but she knows enough to understand.

I let her finish my hair, I put on nude matte lipstick bringing attention to my lips and not the dark circles under my eyes that even concealer can't cover.

"You look beautiful." Emery smiled at me, looking at me through the mirror.

"Thank you." I hug her slightly, letting her my words have much more meaning to them.

I walked towards the living room, Ace back was facing me hearing his harsh whispers grit into the phone.

"I'm paying you for one fucking thing, if my family is in danger then find him." he gritted into the phone, he hung up letting out a sigh.

"Is everything okay?" I asked tilting my head to the side.

"yeah don't worry." I chuckle lightly walking towards the kitchen counter.

"are you taking my words now? come on tell me." I tap my finger on the counter looking at him.

"It was about the shooting, there have been some things happening that just worry us." Ace walked towards the counter, his tone was slightly irritable.

"there still looking into it? I thought it was just a robbery gone wrong," I question him.

"don't worry about it." he brushed the matter off as emery walked into the room.

I'm in the dark, great.

We left the penthouse, my eyes daze down the streets of New York as we drove to the event.

___________________

I stayed behind Ace and Emery as they walked in hand in hand. The flashing slight from cameras making me go blind as we step in.

As they engaged with small talk with other businesses owners I disappeared into the crowd.

I grabbed a drink from the waiter as he walked past.

"I think you're a little underage for that." I turn to see the doctor, uh Grayson O'Brien.

"I'm twenty-one, just the right age." I chuckle softly under my breath.  He walked closer to me letting me take in the crisp black Armani suit.

"That's right but you do look, incredibly beautiful." Grayson narrowed his eyes to my dress.

"Thank you."  I nod slightly, bringing the champagne to my lips.

"So may I ask what are you doing here?" He asked, walking with me. "I thought you were just a regular ole college student."

I let out a small laugh. "Well actually, I'm an escort." I blink at him. He stopped looking at me, a confused look on his face.

"I'm kidding." I forced a laugh. Wow, he didn't get my sarcasm. "I'm actually a wall street kid." I turn my gaze to my father talking to my brothers.

"Oh, billionaire kid." He laughed looking down at me.

"Well, billionaire kid and trust fund kid and millionaire fashion designer kid," I tell him making him gape at me.

"Oh wow, and I thought my trust fund and being a great doctor would top it." Grayson shakes his head, moving closer to me.

"Ah, well in this world." I moved my finger around the ballroom. "There's always someone that tops it."

As he told little jokes I place a fake smile on my face. I hate this, he's a great guy and I'm here putting fake smiles on my face.

Later I go to join my family as it was time for dinner, as I approach the table my heart sped up.

Giovanni at in one of the seats, a silent glare on his face as he looks around. He had a big bruise on his cheek, but I don't know who looks worse.

Him or mason.

Mason sat at the end of the table with Logan and robin. I shot my head down to the floor fiddling with my necklace.

"Ivory dear, you look beautiful. Come here." My father calls to me, a bright smile on his face as he stands next to Giovanni's father.

Great just fucking great.

"Hello father, Mr. Prescott." I nod my head in respect.

"Hello, you look beautiful." Mr. Prescott tells me.

"Careful father, she's too young, oh wait you like them young." Giovanni snorted, I looked down at the floor. God this tension.

The fuck does he means he likes them young?!

Mr. Prescott cleared his throat. As a woman came to his side, she's beautiful. Her short blonde hair, through her puffy dress I could tell she was pregnant.

She has to be my age.

"Mike, I hope you're being nice." She smiled, putting her hand in Mr. Prescott. She looked up seeing my father and I stood here.

"Oh, hello I'm Hannah. Mike's wife." She held her hand out but I didn't take it.

Wait-

"Hannah? Your name is Hannah." I look around the room.

It can't be.

"Yes, and you are ivory. God, it's so nice to meet you, I heard many things about you." She pulled me into a hug,

white girl, I don't know you!

I crinkled my nose pulling away from her. "I would say the same but, considering I don't know you."

My tone was more ignorant than I wanted to let on. She looked away clearly flustered, I go to take a seat.

I couldn't help to glance up at Giovanni, he was already looking at me. He looks beautiful yet so rare, I can't say how much I miss him. I want to haul myself into him.

I looked away feeling tears in the brim of my eyes ready to drop.

I picked at my food, I wasn't really in the mood to eat seafood. Hell, I don't even like seafood.

I hate it here, it's something about those quiet types that just pull me in, miles was a quiet type along with many others I slept with. But Giovanni he's the top on that list.

I always wanted to know what goes through their heads, especially his at this moment. His jaw was clench shut, his fingers wrap around his glass I swear it would break.

He had a stoic expression on his face that I can never read but I can tell he's pissed. The way his knuckles were paperwhite.

I'm staring at him I can't help it, I miss him so much, I keep telling myself I don't need him and I don't but...

I want him.
I crave for him.

He glances up at me, I'm guessing because he feels my gaze. I look down at my hands, as I thought I was safe I looked up again but the second I do so does he.

I could feel my body turn into flames.
I don't think I can handle this.

I take a moment before looking up at him once again. Amusement filled my body, happy that we're playing our game. Yet a sad smile forms on my lips.

"Ivory are you okay?" I looked up at Hannah.
"What?"

"Your arms, I do hope you're okay." She nothing to my arms, I looked down at the arms I had on the table.

"Ivory what the hell happened?" My father asked, I looked up at their confused angry stares.

Pushing my arms under the table, I gave them a sheepish smile.

"U-um." I stammer out, I could see mason lower his head.

What the hell have we come to?

I glance at Giovanni, if he was angry before I don't know what to call his expression now.

"I'm fine, wild night," I replied picking up my glass.

"Hm, I understand with your mother passing. It must be hard so I understand if you're a little wild." She tucked her hair behind her hair speaking.

I don't like her.

The boys and I spoke all at once.

"Your mother passed away?"
"What the hell do you know about my mother's passing?"

I felt Ace nudge me, I rolled my eyes placing my hands on the table.

"I'm a big fan of your mother's work, so it was devastating to hear. But I'm sure you must be devastated." Hannah says.

I chuckle lowly, I could feel my father's gaze on me.

"Hm, I wouldn't call it devastated. I don't care really, what I do care about is how you know more about my life than I do."  I tap my finger against the table.

I really don't like her.

"Ivory." My father's stern voice came to my ears. I rolled my eyes standing from the table.

I let out a laugh. "I can't do this right now." I scoffed, walking away.

The cold air wrapped around my body. I felt him behind me. God, I hate I can tell it's him by the feeling.

He put his jacket over my shoulder, making me shudder.

"Is that her, is she Hannah?" I asked turning around looking at him.

"Yes."

God, I'm competing with his stepmom.

I gulped, looking at his green eyes I miss dearly. He pulled me into him making me let out a sob.

"Please don't do this, don't act as you care." I sobbed, trying to step away from him.

He scoffed holding me tighter.

"I'm not acting darling."  He dropped his head on my shoulder.

"I'm so sorry." He admits, the clouds are slowly moving away letting my sun hover over my plant.

"I can't do this." I broke, I can't do this I feel like everything is coming at me.

"Giovanni I can't be here right now I have to go."

He held my arms softly, wiping my lone tear that spill from my eyes with his thumb.

"We can get through this." He encourages this, seeing this look in his eyes. It's how I look at him.

"What happened to us being doom from the start?" I question him, never moving away from him.

"I lied, I've been doing that a lot lately. But we can figure something out we always do." He twirls my hair over his fingers.

"I know, b-but it's too much being like this with you I feel like I can't breathe. This thing we're going through I feels like it's drowning me." I sobbed.

He hovers over my lips placing a gentle kiss, I cried silently against his forehead pulling apart from him.

"I need you." He admits, what? "I can't do anything without you."

"I tried to move on, to think about someone else but it always you." Giovanni brings his hand to the side of my face.

It has always been you too. I can't imagine myself loving someone else.

"I-I need time," I mumbled, this was breaking my heart. I want nothing more than to jump in his arms.

But I need me first.

He looked down at the floor I can tell he's holding back. "Come back to me please." He begged.

At this moment, I had never seen him look so broken. I feel like I'm looking at him through someone else eyes.

"I thought you hate me.." I muttered thinking of our recent events.

"Fuck that shit ivory, I can never fucking hate you for crying out loud-" he cut himself off rethinking his words.

Say it.
Please.

"This is why I need time." I turn to head to the car, it wasn't even my driver it was Giovannis.

He called after me but I didn't stop, I love him so much it hurts.

I sat in the back of his car my sobs broke free inhaling his cologne, god it's always me I had enough. I just want everything to go back to how it was.

"Where am I'm taking you to miss Douglas?" The drives asked.

"Take me to rose-mount please," I tell him, it's time to go home.

Even though I just left my home standing there calling out for me.

I picked up my phone hovering my finger over his caller Id, one more message won't hurt.

He didn't answer the same voice mail played over again.

"It's Giovanni, I can't come to the phone right now so I call you when I can." He's so blunt.

"I know I just left you but." I laugh softly, stifling. "I just wanted to tell you to take care of Salem for me, he always likes you better than me." I sobbed. I can't take this anymore, god why does this hurts so much.

"You probably won't even get this voice mail since I left you so many but, I love you." I blurt out, wiping the tears that fall.

"And even if you.. even if you won't love me back I thought you should know I love you... You should know that you're loved." I bit my lip, holding back the sobs so I can get what I have to say out.

I let out a shaky breath, I felt a large jolt I could hear the steering wheel streak my head hit the windows, I could feel the water fill the car until everything goes back.

Hey babes, this was so long. But enjoy 😊
This took me soooo long like nearly two days.

Tell me if anything's wrong or misspelled

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.5K 1.5K 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
271K 4.8K 55
19 year old Celestia Monroe moved from Spain to go stay at her father's place in Italy. She decided to focus more on her studies, to stay away from t...
91.2K 1.5K 34
(NOT FULLY EDITED) Madison has dealt with abuse and heart ache her whole life thinking that it was what she deserved. First her parents then her boyf...
841K 15.8K 26
They had known each other forever, she was his younger sister's best friend, hell he had viewed her as another little sister. He was the bad boy, the...