Iridiscence (Lookism fanficti...

By lifefindsawayout

It's been over a year since I've started reading this webtoon and I am absolutely in love with it. I read a l... More

ME
1: What are the odds of that?
2: Back home
3: Choices
4: A friend
5: Meeting some others
6: Weirded out
7: An alliance
8: Brazilian kick
9: Concert
10: Gangnam Landlord, and a pair of shoes
11: Workout buddies
12: Thanksgiving
13: Newtube channels
14. Gambling, sports and practice...
16. Studying at the library
17. Discovery...
18: Connections
19: Picnic
20: Good times and bad
21: The Big 4 Crews
22: Discussion
23: Confusion
24: Friends
25: Awkward and Creepy...
26: Trouble again
27: He...
28:...pushed them
29: James Lee, huh?
30: Snooping-
31: Footsteps
32: Back to square one...?
33: Offer
34: The terms
35: Move on...
36: Visit
A/N
37: Day one
38: Mr. Goo

15. Agency, fight and a sense of accomplishment

341 16 7
By lifefindsawayout

Duke and Daniel got accepted at PTJ, a talent agency.

Duke looked so happy.

He would practice when we all met up at the store in the evening. Dan joined him too.

My work hours has gotten mixed up. Some days I work early, some days I work late at night with Dan, I wasn't really enjoying it (not that I wasn't enjoying working with Dan, he's in fact a great guy to work with); my sleep cycle got messed upT_T

I got invited one day to go see the agency.

I had not been to any place like this before, I was naturally nervous.

"Are you sure this will be okay? Am I allowed to be in here?"
"Vasco had come with us before, so I think it should be fine" Daniel answered.

I thought it would feel weird when I get in, but it wasn't anything remarkably extraordinary.

I met with the rest of class C.

They were friendly, and everything was going fine when Daniel suddenly ran up to us from somewhere, panting.

In the next one minute, he explained to us how someone is forcing someone else, Aru apparently, to take a nude photoshoot.

'Oliver' and 'Lasol', teachers of class C, happened to know her, and Lasol asked Daniel to take them to the location, saying that she could take care of the situation.
Daniel led the way and we immediately rushed out.

_______________________

"Guys, lock the door. If we take it, it's over." said who appeared to be the director.

We were joined by Crystal's sister, and I heard from her that her father was a shareholder at the agency who could stop the photoshoot.

Lasol had some audio recording, that involved herself and the director, and that could save Aru, she said.

And now, we were inside a locked basement, with armed men about to attack us.

Euntae and Daniel got on defensive positions. I knew they could fight, but the number of attackers we were facing had me in doubt.

Crystal said suddenly that her dad had sent 2 guys who were outside.

2 against 30 didn't really make sense to me.
But then again, I thought the same when Crystal had that kid Kouji come over and what followed was surprisingly fabulous so, who knows what will happen?

The locked door flew open and I saw the two sent to handle the situation.
Two unexpectedly familiar faces appeared in front of us.

Gun and Goo.

Now that i think again, Gun wasn't really 'unexpected', he was Crystal's bodyguard from that time at the festival. Goo being someone he knows, might as well be associated with her.

But, are these two really gonna be facing these many people on their own?

.

.

.

...I take that back. I take it all back.

In an instant they took them all down.

Some of them stood back up and charged at us.

Daniel and Euntae took care of them.

I was observing anxiously when someone came running in my direction.

"You bitch! What you gawking at?", and I saw his fist approaching my face when suddenly, the words "how to get hit without getting hurt" flashed in my mind.

I'm scared, I really am, having a fist inches away from my face. But if I'm gonna get hit anyway, might as well try it.

I forced my head forward. I wasn't brave enough to keep my eyes open though.

Seeing something on Newtube is completely different from doing it in real life. There are a lot of things there that don't actually work.

But not this.

Did I get hit? Yes.
Did his fist touch my head? Yes.
But did it hurt? Not really...

"What the hell? You trying to get hit now?" And he hit me again but it didn't hurt.

'Let's try it next then. I don't know if I can pull it off, but let's at least try...
Calf kick!'

I put my weight on one foot, relaxed my other foot, and swung the relaxed foot in his direction. As the shin landed on his calf, I looked up to see if I had gotten it right.

"Fuck that hurts!", he bent down and reached for his calf.

'Once again'
I kicked him again.

'Next, overhand...
hook!'

It landed on a guy who stood immediately behind him, and he fell down, wincing from the pain.

Gotta say, that was the first time I properly punched anyone at all, and I felt so satisfied because it actually worked.

_________________________

A series of dramatic events followed soon after.
Long story short, the photoshoot was stopped and everyone was safe.

Euntae seemed to know Goo, and I heard him tell Euntae to double the workout he did in order to get stronger.

"You're that girl from before, aren't you? The victim to my coffee?" Goo said, noticing me.

"Yes... I am"

"Didn't know you could fight. I saw you landing a kick or two.

Where did you learn to do that from?"

"Just... somewhere off the internet..."

"Why'd you stop there then? You could proceed to learn other things than just a calf kick... dunno why I'm telling you this but seeing a girl fight isn't so common a sight.
You have scope..."

'Woah he said I have scope'

"Okay...?"

'He is right. I could try learning other simple things, at least for self defence. I didn't talk to mom and dad about enrolling me for some martial art yet. But I think I should just tell them that later sometime.
Let's continue like this for now...'

Daniel quit the agency.

Duke got promoted to class B.

And starting that week, Dan, Euntae and I began to do 200 pushups, 200 situps, 200 squats and a 20 km run everyday.😐

I realise I'm so totally not good at describing fight scenes😅
Apologies...
A few chapters back I felt I was going too slow but now I think I'm going fast through the chapters.
And, we're at episode 109 according to the webtoon storyline...

Thanks for reading:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

599K 12.7K 43
i should've known that i'm not a princess, this ain't a fairytale mattheo riddle x fem oc social media x real life lowercase intended started: 08.27...
160K 5.7K 42
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
105K 9.3K 111
"You think I'm golden?" "Brighter than the sun, but don't tell Apollo" Dante hates Rome's golden boy. Jason doesn't even remember him. Right person w...
212K 4.5K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...