Girl Posing As A Boy

By PinkieElle

------ A/N: The cover was made by my friend Galaxy Sri (she also made the cover for Their Lovely Arranged Mar... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: Laura/Nick
Chapter 2: Will
Chapter 3: Laura/Nick
Chapter 4: Will
Chapter 5: Laura/Nick
Chapter 6: Will
Chapter 7: Laura/Nick
Chapter 8: Will
Chapter 9: Laura/Nick
Chapter 10: Will
Chapter 11: Laura/Nick
Chapter 12: Will
Chapter 13: Laura/Nick
Chapter 15: Laura/Nick
Chapter 16: Will
Chapter 17: Laura/Nick
Chapter 18: Will
Chapter 19: Laura/Nick
Chapter 20: Will
Chapter 21: Laura/Nick
Chapter 22: Will
Chapter 23: Laura/Nick
Chapter 24: Will
Chapter 25: Laura/Nick
Chapter 26: Will
Chapter 27: Laura/Nick
Chapter 28: Will
Author's Note

Chapter 14: Will

786 21 3
By PinkieElle

A/N:

No super-long A/N today. 

Happy Reading!

Chapter 14, everyone...

Chapter 14

Will

You gotta be kidding me. Not again! Some people really do have horrible timing. I watch as Laura puts on her disguise. She only has her wig left to put on. Quickly and swiftly, she goes from being half Laura and half Nick to being just Nick. I walk to the door and open it. This time, it's the entire junior men's hockey team out there.

"What are you guys doing here?", I ask.

All eighteen of them -- minusing me and Laura -- enter my dorm room. Seriously, what are they doing here?

"Oh! Uh... hey?", Laura looks so confused right now.

"We are here to drag you two out to breakfast.", Archie Padmore explains.

"Oh. Why?", Nick asks.

"Come on, Nick!", Eli Kahler gasps. "We're a team. We need to do team building things. You two already skipped on the dinner Saturday night.".

"We already knew that Will wasn't coming, but you didn't say anything.", Conner Robinson adds.

"So, we came by to see if you wanted to join us.", Aiden Delaney, Conner's roommate explains. "But, you weren't here. Where did you go?".

Laura looks at me with wide eyes. I mouth to her, "Your choice.". I really hope no one saw it. Laura fidgets with her hands like she often does when she's nervous. I wish I was there to hold her hand.

"Well... uh... I spent the weekend with my cousin and brother. I wasn't here in the dorm room.", Laura replies. "Sorry I couldn't join you.".

"Ah, it's okay.", Ben Lewis speaks up.

"Just join us now.", Noah Iverson -- Ben's roommate -- adds. "Both of you.".

I raise an eyebrow at Laura and she smiles, saying, "Alright. Let's go have breakfast together.".

I then realize that I haven't showered yet. "Um, guys, would mind giving me, like, twenty minutes? You can go ahead, I'll join you.".

Laura gives me a wide-eyed look. She's clearly not comfortable hanging out with them without me. I smile and give her a wink. I have a plan for that since I kind of expected it.

"Why?", Kane Michaels asks.

"Are you meeting your girlfriend or something?", Derek asks, smirking.

I shake my head, laughing, "Nope. Already did that this morning. I just need to take a shower.".

Laura's eyes widen even more at what I just said. "Already did that this morning.". She then playfully glares at me. I slightly shake my head, hiding a grin. I really hope that no one is watching the two of us -- me and Laura -- carefully. We would be found out for sure in seconds if there is someone.

"Oh.", Eric Saunders says. "Well, why don't you go shower and Nick can come with us for now?".

"Yeah, you can join us later in the cafeteria.", Shawn Olivier adds.

As they are about to leave, I begin my act, "Oh, shoot!".

I walk over to my desk and start shuffling around things, looking for something. I'm not actually looking for anything, I'm just pretending to.

"What?", Laura asks, coming up behind me.

"I... I'm looking for my notebook.", I reply.

"Do you need it right away?", Archie asks.

"Yeah, I unfortunately do. It's for my first class.", I answer, pretending to be worried.

"We'll help you look for it, then.", Kane offers.

"No!", I exclaim. They look at me oddly, and I continue, "Uh, I'm particular about how I like to put my things.". Then, I pretend to think. "Hey, Nick, can you help me? You already know where all my things are since we share a room.".

Laura gives me a thankful look and then puts on a neutral expression, "Sure.". She turns to the team, "I'll join you along with Will.".

"Alright.", Jake nods.

"But, you have to join us, though.", Eli says. "You both can't bail on us.".

"We'll be there.", I promise.

Our teammates leave and now me and Laura are the only ones in our dorm room.

I turn around towards her, saying, "Are you really going to look for my notebook?".

"Are you really missing your notebook?", she counters.

I grin and turn back around, facing the desk. I open a binder, and voila! A red composition notebook stares up at me. "Nope. I'm not missing it.".

"Thank you.", I hear Laura say.

I turn around and see that Laura is fidgeting with her hands again. I walk closer to her and take her hands in mine, stopping her fidgeting.

"Laura.", I begin. "You can relax around me. And, you don't have to be so formal. Why are you thanking me?".

"Well, I don't really want to hang out with them without you. So, thank you for coming up with an excuse.", she explains.

"You're welcome. But, why didn't you want to hang out with them without me?", I ask.

"Uh...", she looks down. "I feel comfortable around you. Also, I'm a girl posing as a boy. Hanging out with eighteen boys isn't exactly ideal for me.".

I chuckle, "I can understand that. If I had to hang out with eighteen girls, I would go crazy.". Then, I smile softly, "There are only three girls that I would want to hang out with. My mom, my sister, and you.".

"Sweet taker.", Laura smiles.

"Only for you.", I go to hug her, but she pushes against my chest to stop me.

"Nooo!", she exclaims. "You stink! Go shower!".

I gasp in mock shock, putting my hand over my heart, "Oww, you keep wounding me!".

Laura laughs and pushes me away a little harder this time, making me fall lightly against . "You seriously do stink, though. Go shower!".

"Alright, alright.", I smile. I can't help but smile when I'm around her. "I'm going, I'm going.".

I grab my clothes and go into the bathroom. Twenty minutes later, I come out of the bathroom freshly dressed in gray pants and a black knit sweater. I finish getting ready a few minutes later. Then, me and Laura head out of the dormitory building towards the Hockey Department building. I haven't yet discussed with Laura if she wants to tell everyone that we're together or not, so I don't try anything. Unfortunately, across the courtyard, I see two ladies that I'm not in the mood to see. Callie Ellis and Tami Kay. And, again, unfortunately, they spot us right away this time, so there is no time for me and Laura to run.

"Will! Nick!", Tami shouts at us across the courtyard. She and Callie make their way over to us quickly.

"Hey, Callie, Tami.", I greet them (painfully).

I really don't want to see them, especially with Laura right here. Callie is a sweet girl, but Tami can be ruthless when she likes someone. And, according to the way I've seen Tami look at 'Nick' these past couple weeks, it's safe to say that she has her sights on 'him'. What would she think and do if she knew that she likes a girl? Tami isn't the most open minded person when it comes to love, and everyone knows that. If she found out that Nick is actually a girl named Laura... oh, boy... things would definitely become a living hell for Laura.

"Hi, Will. Hey, Nick.", Callie greets us. "How are you doing today?".

"We're fine.", I respond. "Just going to join the team for breakfast.".

"How are you?", Laura asks her with a smile on her face.

She doesn't seem to have a problem with Callie, like me, but I can see her shooting daggers at Tami out of the corner of her eye.

"We're alright. It's not soccer season right now, so things are pretty chill.", Callie explains.

"You're in the Soccer Department?", Laura asks. "That's cool.".

"Hey, hockey is cool, too. You played soccer before? Well, other than phys. ed. classes in school?", Callie asks.

I'm glad to see that Laura is making female friends, even if that friend thinks that Laura is a boy. Don't get me wrong, everyone on the hockey team is great. It's just that... well, they are all men... and I can't help but get a little jealous.

Laura laughs at Callie's question, "I have pretty much played every sport in my lifetime. Soccer was one of the first and is on my list of top five of favourites. So, yes, I've played soccer outside school.".

"Top five favourites?", I ask. "How have I never heard of those before in the past two weeks?".

Laura shakes her head, "Because I didn't tell you.".

"So, aside from hockey and soccer, what else is up there?", I raise an eyebrow.

"Guess.", Laura replies.

"Okay, so hockey and soccer are already up there. That leaves three spots open.", I pause. "Wait. Do I have to guess what ranking the sports have?".

Laura shakes her head no, "Nah, you don't have to do that. But, if you want to, you can. Also, you already know that hockey is number one.".

"Okay, so... hockey involves skating. So... maybe... ice skating? Possibly figure skating?", I guess.

"Nope. Well, you're close to my fifth favourite.", Laura smiles.

"Come on, tell me!", I playfully beg.

"Nope. You can do it. Guess.", Laura responds.

"Ice skating... skating... roller skating?", I ask.

"Ding, ding, ding... we have a winner, folks!", Laura grins. "Now guess the rest of my favourites.".

"Aww, come on!", I laugh. "I guessed one. I was kind of hoping you would tell me one of your other favourites.".

"Not happening, Willy boy.", Laura says the last part in a low tone. "Now guess.".

"Please, Nicky boy?", I whisper to her. I'll call her that outside, and I'll use her real nickname when we are alone.

Looking around, I suddenly realize that Callie and Tami are gone.

"Wait, where did Callie and Tami go?", I ask.

Laura looks around, as if realizing just then that they were gone. "I'm not sure. I think they might have left...?".

Then, my phone dings with a text message. It's from Callie.

End of Chapter 14

Ah ha! 

Finally an even number chapter that ends on a cliffhanger. I was beginning to think that all the cliffhangers somehow ended up on the odd numbered chapters. 

What do you think Callie wants? 

I have warned you guys earlier that you will be surprised by Callie and Tami. Keep that in the back of your mind. 

Now, on another note, I have an announcement. 

It can be bad and it can be good. Depends on how you look at it. 

WE ARE HALF WAY THROUGH GIRL POSING AS A BOY ALREADY!!! This is the end of chapter 14, and GPAAB had 28 chapters altogether. Half. Way. Through!

Dear reader, you can decide if that is good or bad. It's up to you. 

Things will definitely (hopefully) get more exciting in this latter half of the story. Woohoo!

*goes to find the elephant emoji*

*finds the heart with sparkles emoji*

~Pink Elephant 💖🐘

P.S.: Thanks for reading!

----------

15/07/2021

The date is not of the setting of this chapter, it's the day I posted this chapter on Wattpad.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185 19 23
Katriana Leri Moon is a seventeen year old werewolf.You're supposed to meet your mate (your soul mate) at the age of sixteen in the werewolf world...
293K 6.5K 27
COMPLETED 5.14.18 SEQUEL TO MY BROTHERS BEST FRIEND Book 2/4 of the Adam's series - "I promise, I will ask you soon enough." He kisses my lips gentl...
54.5K 1.3K 41
- ! Book contains explicit content ! - _ From the life of silver chains to the world of golden spoons. Here's a story about the life of Athena Noir...
177K 5.6K 10
"You will be mine and only mine." he growls in my ear. I suppress the moan trying to come out. He has me pinned against the door and there is no e...