our hearts collided

De lilxnana

all of his attention is on her no matter how he feels about her. He don't want to like her He don't want to w... Mais

authors note.
introduction>3
♫ playlist ♫
0. butterflies
1. new york
2. careful
3. party
4. another night
5. hunting
6. play
7. fazed
8. swim
9. deal
10. concern
10.5. hurt
11. interwind
12. teacher's pet
13. afternoon delights.
14. dinner.
15. yours.
16. the moon.
17. camping.
18. obsessed.
19. drunk thoughts.
20. playing games.
21. pretty girl.
22. safe haven
23. rule two.
covers.
24. birthday girl.
25. temporary.
26. sorrows.
27. without you.
28. pain.
30. lies.
31. afriad.
32. broken.
33. shatterd.
34. mason.
35. cause and effect.
36. drowning.
37. ivory.
38. time.
39. giovanni.
40. finally.
41. our hearts.
42. collided.
epilogue

29. secrets.

5.2K 121 44
De lilxnana

Ivory-

I pace back and forth through the hospital floor. A thousand thoughts running through my head, distant tears ready to drop from the corner of my eyes.

After Austin called Giovanni, we rushed over to the hospital. As soon as we got here he was in surgery. Just waiting this long is making me anxious.

"Are you all Ace Douglas, family?" Our heads turn to look at the doctor. He pulled off his surgical cap, walking towards us.

"Is everything okay?" I questioned him strongly.

"We had some minor issues but we were able to fix them." He started, looking up from his chart before continuing.

"The surgery went well, he had a gunshot wound to the abdomen. Luckily it missed an artery he also had a blunt force to his head, so he might have a slight concussion. But other than that he should be walking out of here in a couple of days."

We sighed at the news, I couldn't help to still feel worried. "Can we see him?" I asked, twisting my fingers around.

"Of course, right this way."

I followed the doctor to Ace's room. I wanted to see him first before the others walk in. The security guards parting ways as we came on view, allowing me to walk in first.

Ace laid on the bed, wide awake. Isn't he supposed to be asleep or I don't know acting like he just got shot?

"You look like shit." I teased, making him roll his eyes.

"I feel like shit." He grumbled, grabbing the remote to pull his bed up.

"Where's dad?" He asked. "He isn't here yet, it's just me and Austin and Giovanni and a shit load of security guards," I tell him, moving towards the bed.

At the exact moment, Austin walked in with my father and Harper and Giovanni. "Dam, you look like shit," Austin repeated the same words I spoke.

Giovanni sat near me grabbing my hand softly. Just the small gesture made my heart flutter.

"Austin, language." My father warned him, walking towards Ace's bed.

"I think we can use a little foul language at this time, don't you think papa," I responded, looking up through my lashes.

My fathers sighed looking over at Ace, running his hands through his salt and pepper hair. You could see he was stressed out just from his eyes.

"I suppose so." My father muttered, he sat slowly in the chair near the bed. Having Harper place her hand on his shoulder.

I zone in and out of the conversation, what if that bullet didn't miss his artery. Ace is kinda like my father figure, when dad wasn't around and I would cry for him, Ace was there. Reading to me, teaching me another foreign language.

We stayed for an hour or so before a nurse came in.

"Do you need anything?" The nurses asked, his nose wrinkled sitting up slightly.

I watched Austin eye her down, it didn't go unnoticed by her either. "I'm sure he doesn't need anything but, I do," Austin says, amusement filling his tone.

"I only help the injured." She implied, checking Ace's vitals.

"So what your saying is, if I come back with a concussion and a few broken ribs. Would you give me a chance?" He teased.

She laughed to herself shaking her head before walking towards the door.

"Well until then buddy, not a chance." She smiled walking out the door. I shook my head. He's fucking crazy.

"Your brother just got shot, and your hitting on his nurse." I snickered, pulling my knees to my chest.

"What can I say, I'm lonely." Austin shrugged his shoulder, a knock on the door made us all turn our heads.

I sighed internally seeing my mother, and Aces personal assistant. Why the fuck is she here.

"Fallon, you made it." My father stood walking towards her, I stood from my chair dropping Giovanni's hand ignoring the slight glare he tosses to me.

I haven't talked to her since she dropped the good news, and frankly, I have no desire to.

"Ivy, where are you going?" Aces asked, I dropped my shoulders.

"Away, from Her." I tossed a look at my mother. I walked out of the room, clenching my jaw as I walked towards the vending machine.

"Ivory." My mother called out, I press my head softly against my hand.

"What?" I turn towards her. Her petite figure standing just two inches away from me.

"I was worried, you haven't answered my calls or text. And your father called me about what happened to Aces and I just thought..." She twisted her fingers as she speaks.

"What? you thought I need some sort of comforting or something. Sorry to break it to you. But if I wanted to be comforted, I wouldn't go to you."

I watched the slight bit of hope drain from her eyes. I deeply wanted to feel something but, I can't I have so much anger built up inside of me because of her.

"Ivory, I'm so sorry for what I let happen to you. As a mother, I shouldn't have let him do those things to you.." she trailed off, I could feel the tears begging to set free from the corner of my eyes.

"It doesn't matter now, you made your bed. Now lie in it." I stifle, twisting my fingers together.

"Ivory, what happened to you?" I let out a sarcastic laugh, is she fucking serious!

"What happened to me? You happened! You never even knew me to ask that question. You haven't seen me since I was ten. You broke me, leaving my half the time absent father to pick up the pieces." My voice cracked slightly.

I don't think I can keep back much longer. I can feel myself on the verge again, I feel like I'm just about to drown.

"And I'm so sorry, I'm trying to fix everything." My mother cried out.

I inhaled deeply, tugging my finger through my hair. Gripping I had to bite my lip, just to keep the pain at ease.

"You're too late," I mumbled, turning away from her. She stood there crying and it was making me severely uncomfortable.

My eyes meet with Giovannis, how long was he standing there?

I swear he's everywhere.

I walked past him, and away from my mother. I felt him tug at my arm making me stop.

"How much did you hear?" I asked, filling the silence that wrapped around us.

"All of it."

I sighed, tugging my arm out of his grip. I took a seat in one of the chairs. Avoiding his gaze.

"Why didn't you tell me you're back in contact with her?" He asked, I could hear him surpassing his real questions.

"I'm not, she dying and wants to reach out." I shrugged my shoulders, looking up at him. None of this even matters.

"So why did you keep it a secret?"

Why did I keep it a secret, because it doesn't matter? None of this matters anymore.

"I didn't."

He forced a laugh, he clenched his first tightly I could hear a knuckle crack. Something is bothering him, something has been bothering him since we had sex earlier. I could feel it the whole time we were together like there was something else lingering in his mind.

"What is this really about? I know this ain't really about me, keeping secrets." I stood walking towards him, I grabbed his hand softly holding it.

The same feeling I have whenever I touch him bouncing through my body.

"Yes it's, do you not trust me?" He asked, I scoffed in disbelief. I trust him with my whole soul and mind.

"I trust you more than I trust myself, you cannot be upset with me about keeping a secret that doesn't matter," I exclaimed dropping his hand.

"It does matter because it involves you." Giovanni grabbed my face softly. His eyes saying much I can't even read them.

"You're acting like you don't keep secrets from me." I point out, he pulled away from his face in full confusion.

"And tell me exactly, ivory what do I keep from you."

He didn't call me angel, ouch.

"Your feelings towards me, Hannah," I admit, swallowing the huge lump in my throat.

His expression change in a second, his worried face now replaced with an angry one.

"You know nothing about her." He gritted out like he was disgusted just from thinking of her.

Just open up to me.

"Of course I don't, I can't have a future with you. So I try to stay in the present but unfortunately, you let your past ruin your present and future." I admit I could feel ready to burst into tears.

How did this even start?

"Who even is she? What did she do to make you not allow yourself to be loved?"

"You think I don't want to be loved? I can't return it." He admits, I step back slowly taking in his words.

"Can't or won't? Because Lately, it's starting to feel like the second option." I tell him, holding back my tears.

He didn't speak, as if he was lost for words. He looks like he's struggling with himself. He's holding himself back. And I'm desperate to find out why.

"I think it's time to put some distance between us, angel." His eyes never meeting mine.

He's said no more, he stood there before he turns the corner. Like he wanted to say one more thing but he couldn't.

So he walked away. Leaving me tears pooling In my eyes.

I feel like, I just lost my reason to stay.

Well, hey😃
I'm like dying btw.

this chapter is titled to the song. "only," by ryx.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

Locked Eyes De rachel

Literatura Feminina

251K 4K 36
{completed} They say opposites attract, the good girl + the bad boy. The grumpy + sunshine. She's intrigued by his eyes, maybe it's because they sha...
726K 24.7K 139
'"You're a liar. You're a dirty fucking liar," I sob. Despite the fact that I want nothing more than to run away from the man standing in front of me...
545K 15.3K 57
'"I'll show you what to do. Get on your knees," he demands, his voice low like a growl. I can only do what he requests, nodding submissively as I fol...
6.8M 131K 59
BOOK COMPLETE - EDITION ONGOING. This work is intended for an 18+ audience. I stop searching for it and stand in front of him, perplexed. Is he sayin...