Consequences

By CourtesyTrefflin

Every decision has long reaching consequences. When Ahsoka Tano is taken to the future, she joins Luke Skywal... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - The Future
Chapter 2 - Training
Chapter 3 - Visions
Chapter 4 - Journey to Cloud City
Chapter 5 - Bespin
Chapter 6 - Vader
Chapter 7 - Escaping
Chapter 8 - From the Past
Chapter 9 - Visions
Chapter 10 - Mustafar
Chapter 11 - The Rebel Alliance
Bonus Chapter - Vader
Chapter 12 - Confirmation
Chapter 13 - Tatooine
Chapter 14 - Rancor
Chapter 15 - Sarlacc Pit Battle
Chapter 16 - Old Friends
Chapter 17 - Endor
Chapter 18 - Speeder Bike Chase
Chapter 19 - Into the Trap
Chapter 20 - Ewoks
Chapter 21 - Confrontation
Chapter 22 - Battle
Chapter 23 - Mission Complete
Chapter 24 - Homecoming
Chapter 25 - Awakening
Chapter 26 - Knighting
Bonus Chapter - Anakin
Chapter 27 - Chaos on Ringo Vinda
Chapter 28 - To the Rescue
Chapter 29 - The Investigation Begins
Chapter 30 - Arrival
Chapter 31 - Discovery
Chapter 32 - Planning
Chapter 33 - Assassination Attempt
Chapter 34 - Crashing
Chapter 35 - Off the Front
Bonus Chapter - Sidious and Plo
Chapter 36 - Duel at Daybreak
Chapter 37 - Into the Underworld
Chapter 38 - Spice Shipments
Chapter 39 - Darth Maul
Chapter 41 - The Phantom Apprentice
Chapter 42 - Captured
Chapter 43 - The Beginning of the End
Chapter 44 - A Promise Unbroken
Chapter 45 - Aftermath
Epilogue

Chapter 40 - The Battle of Mandalore Begins

159 5 15
By CourtesyTrefflin

We have finished a second tribute for Vader on our YT channel. Check it out if you're interested. :P No spaces in the link: youtu . be / TrRylvLR0fE

~ Amina Gila

My gaze darts around the room as we stand in front of the Council. All of the past few times I've been in here have been under bad tidings, and I feel like the result of this visit isn't going to be any different. One thing I really don't miss about the Temple is being in this room, that's for sure.

"We have discovered that Darth Maul is on Mandalore," Obi-Wan begins, "Bo Katan Kryze has approached us asking for Republic assistance in capturing him."

Silence falls over the Council room as they seem to be debating mentally. Finally, Windu speaks up. "We cannot get involved. That is neutral space, and it would drag the Republic into yet another conflict. Besides, it would violate long-standing treaties."

"But if Maul joined up with Sidious, he could help in the formation of the Empire!" I retort, the image from my vision of Maul leading the march on the Temple flashing through my mind. We need to capture him.

"We have no reason to believe that he is still working for Sidious," Windu replies, "Besides, you three cannot go. You are supposed to be on leave, not chasing after Sith Lords." His implied reprimand that I should never have left the planet to begin with is unspoken but clear.

My eyes narrow angrily. So, what? He wanted me to just sit back and watch as the Jedi were destroyed? "Besides, Maul might know who Sidious is. It would give us evidence, a reason to take him down!"

"The Force led Ahsoka there for a reason," Anakin argues, "We cannot ignore it, nor let Maul remain free. The Mandalorians have asked for our help."

"Since Maul is in control on Mandalore, it is no longer neutral," Obi-Wan adds. "It is our duty to stop him and free the planet."

Windu still doesn't look happy, but from Yoda's expression, I can sense he agrees with us, though there's nothing he can do. "Give you authority to go to Mandalore, we cannot," Yoda warns before dismissing us.

"We have to help them!" I insist the moment the doors slide shut behind us.

"There's nothing we can do without defying the Council," Obi-Wan sighs.

"If that's what we have to do," I retort, "Before I left Coruscant, I had a vision. Sidious sent Maul to the Temple to destroy the Jedi. If we don't go to Mandalore to stop him, we'll be waiting here for him to come to us, and by that point, it'll be too late!"

"We have to go," Anakin agrees with me immediately, worry evident in his blue eyes.

"We could be expelled from the Order if we did that," Obi-Wan points out. "Sidious is still here on Coruscant, and we need to keep close track of him from here. If we leave the Order, we'd be in even more danger."

"We can't just leave Darth Maul on Mandalore," I insist, "We have to help the people. It's what the Jedi are supposed to do!"

Anakin looks between us, frowning. It's clear he's not happy about the situation. "Someone has to go," he says with enough reluctance to make me slightly warry, "And I have an idea that might work."

***

"Sorry. Forgot to bring you jetpacks," Rex apologizes with a grin as we fly in a gunship towards the surface of Mandalore. Anakin and I are here, having taken Rex and the 501st with us, despite being ordered otherwise. We've left Obi-Wan behind to protect Padme just in case something happens. Besides, Anakin doesn't want him anywhere near Maul. After agreeing to go, Bo-Katan gave both of us Mandalorian armor which cover our Jedi robes. It looks slightly strange to see Anakin wearing blue, but I can't help but think it fits.

"Don't need one," I smirk, saluting. "Race you to the surface." I leap out of the ship, landing atop another one where the Mandalorian soldiers are attacking us. My lightsabers hiss to life in my hands as I charge towards them. I see Anakin landing on another ship nearby, charging the soldiers there.

I slash at the first soldier with my lightsaber, but he quickly fires up his jetpack and blasts away. Leaping past them, I jump down onto the top of another ship, kicking the soldier back and hitting part of his jetpack, making it ignite and he flies out of sight.

I swing over the edge into the ship, grabbing the handle on the gunship while kicking two of them back before I land. In a swift move, I slice their blasters in half and kick one back, while Force-shoving the other aside. As the other Mandalorians in the ship start aiming their blasters at me, I slice them in half and catch onto one of their jetpacks as it fires.

He blasts off into the air, taking me with him. As he flies down towards exactly where I need to be heading, he tries and fails to shake me off his back. As soon as I'm close enough, I leap down onto the ship and bolt across it. I've missed this, the thrill of battle. I really, really have. Working my way from ship to ship, defending the clones. It feels like haven't done it in forever. Which, I suppose, I haven't.

Just then, a burning gunship flies into view, rapidly plummeting towards the ground. And the clone inside has no way of getting out. I jump onto the side of the gunship, avoiding the flames as I slice open part of the ship with my lightsaber. "Thank you, Commander," he calls as he flies out with his jetpack and blasts away.

I look down at my destination as I continue to ride on the burning gunship. Anakin jumps down beside me, landing on the other side of the crashing ship. I'd lost sight of him during the chaos, focusing solely on myself and the clones. Besides, I knew he'd be alright.

The Mandalorian soldiers are gathering around, blasters aimed. I jump off the ship, landing on the ground far below and shifting into my fighting stance. Anakin lands in a crouch beside me, and stands up, swinging his blue lightsaber in front of himself defensively. The ship hits the ground and explodes behind us into a ball of flames.

The soldiers all open fire as we rapidly swing our lightsabers to deflect the steady stream of blaster bolts back at their source. One of the soldiers goes down almost immediately but the others continue shooting. I take a few steps backwards towards the long column of rising smoke, continuing to deflect the blaster bolts. More of the Mandalorians advance, flying forwards with their jetpacks. We're going to need assistance to take them all down, though Anakin has managed to injure a few. There's too many right now, and these are Mandalorian warriors we're talking about, so they are far from easy to defeat.

And then over the edge flies Bo Katan's group. They all open fires on the others. Right on time. I lower my lightsabers as they land in front of me, quickly shooting down our opposition.

"Beat you," I grin as Rex and the other clones begin arriving to help out.

"Some things never change," he chuckles.

"Come on," Anakin calls, heading forwards.

The three of us, along with a group of clones, head straight for the compound we believed Maul was hiding in. Bo-Katan's forces and the rest of the clones are to remain outside, continuing to battle the other Mandalorians supporting the – former? – Sith Lord on the surface.

We silently make our way through one of the seemingly endless dark tunnels of the complex. There are a few scattered dim lights on the ceiling, but for the most part, the only illumination down there is coming from the clones' headlights. I'm in the lead, keeping my lightsabers off so it isn't too obvious that we're coming.

As we arrive at another turn in the tunnel, I reach out with the Force, feeling for direction and any signs of danger. There are people all over in here, that much I can tell, hiding around various corners waiting to ambush us. We'll have to be extremely careful.

I peer into the darkness of the passageway branching off of this one, but don't see anything so we just keep moving past it. But as we keep walking and come to another place where the tunnel branches off, I sense danger.

Whirling around, I spot one of the Mandalorian warriors stepping out from around the corner. She fires a missile straight at us.

"Get down!" shouts Anakin. He throws his hands out, shoving the missile upwards to divert its path barely in the nick of time. It slams into the wall of the compound as everyone ducks out of the way, an explosion shaking the hall.

The force of the blast sends me tumbling to the floor, my lightsabers slipping from my grasp, my head spinning too much to immediately react. Blaster shots ring out over my head as the Mandalorian warrior shoots at us several times and then takes off. The clones leap to their feet and bolt off down the hall in pursuit.

"Wait!" I yell after them, stumbling up and igniting my lightsabers. They could be walking right into a trap. I should be in front, but they're all already gone.

"Come on!" Anakin calls to me, running down the hall after them. Shaking my head, I bolt after. Hopefully, we'll be able to catch up on time. Blaster bolts ring out behind me from another turn in the tunnel and I whirl around to see one of the clones shooting at the rapidly escaping warriors. One of them shoots him down and I spring down the hallway the clone was fighting in.

Another clone falls to the ground, gravely injured or dead, as I reach another split in the tunnel, with several different paths to take. How do they keep track of where they're in here? The sound of another clone calling for me catches my attention. So that's where we need to go. I whirl around and turn left, continuing to follow Anakin and the clone's voice.

Anakin comes to a stop in the doorway at the end of the tunnel, and I skid to a stop behind him. There's a small ledge at the end, dropping down a bit. Looking down in the small, mostly darkened room, my eyes fall on one of the clones. He's lying on the floor, injured and barely alive. A quick glance around ensures we're not about to be ambushed, and I deactivate my lightsabers.

Anakin runs over to the fallen clone, kneeling next to him. I join him on the other side. He weakly holds out a hand, which I take. He's injured to badly to live, that I know. "I'm sorry, General... Commander," he manages before his arm goes limp. I remain motionless for a moment, tightly clasping his hand in my own. Again. Another person died because of the war; the war Sidious started for no reason beyond his own self-gain. Anger swells inside of me as I repeat my silent vow I made even before returning from the future. Sidious will not form his empire, destroy the Jedi, and make Anakin Fall.

"Ahsoka!" Anakin hisses suddenly, jumping up and re-ignited his lightsaber. "Come on. Someone's coming."

Yes. I sense the danger approaching, and a dark presence. Maul's here, a distance away. I can sense his darkness in the Force. He's close. There's a group of Mandalorian warriors approaching the doorway we just came through. I jump up, lightsabers hissing to life. My gaze darts from one doorway to another. The warriors are rapidly filling all of them, surrounding me.

Moving to stand back-to-back, we shift into our fighting stances. I expect a barrage of blaster bolts from both sides to follow, but none of them shoot. It's then that an approaching dark presence strikes me. It's Maul. I know it.

The Mandalorians on one side step back into the darkness as another dark figure comes into view. Maul strides up to the doorway and regards me in silence for a long moment, his yellow eyes glittering dangerously.

Anakin and I turn sideways to face him, still poised for a fight. Any attack now will be from his direction.

Finally, he speaks. "I was hoping for Kenobi. Why are you here?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 229 23
After leaving the Jedi Order, Ahsoka Tano is confused, alone, and distressed. She has just left behind the only life she's ever known, and for the fi...
76.6K 2.1K 60
Athena, a girl from a separatist system, is called by visions of her past to Coruscant. Secrets about her and the past of the Jedi are revealed, she...
164 14 7
*REUPLOADED AND COMPLETED* This is basically just an excerpt from the Revenge of the Sith around the time when Order 66 was just executed...which fea...
324 14 3
In one universe, after the Temple bombing and the chaos that ensued, Ahsoka Tano chooses to stay in the Jedi Order, with the prompting of a strange v...