Burning Down | Harry Potter

By narcissablacc

~Where dwell the brave at heart, their daring, nerve and chivalry sets a Gryffindor apart~ What if there was... More

Announcement
Prologue
00.
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
~Cordelia Black~
13.
14.
15.
16.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37. (Important)
Act II
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
Act III
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
79 (II)
80

17.

5.3K 178 27
By narcissablacc

------> Cordelia Black never regretted anything more than coming to Hogwarts. It felt as if everything she held dear, was taken away from her here.

Cordelia spent everyday, every hour with Lazarus.

There was a lot to talk about between the two. Lazarus answered each and every question that his precious granddaughter had.

Remus had joined them after a few days.

Dora didn't complain, the petty grudge that she was holding long forgotten. After all, Remus would now be her guardian. As Lazarus wanted.

Dora was sent back to her house one night, to get a little rest in a comfortable bed. Despite her protests she was sent back.

And Dora couldn't regret anything more than that, she should've fought harder maybe? But she had no strength at that time.

Remus had apparated to their house and rushed Dora to St.Mungo's.

Dora was unable to accept that Lazarus had finally said goodbye, after a long month and a week, he left her.

"No, no" she rasped weekly, tears swimming in her eyes, but not one escaping.

"The healers need to do something" she fretted, "This can't happen, not now. They said he had more time."

Dora was shaking, the thought of not being with her grandfather in his last dying breath, traumatised her.

"They did everything they could" Remus said, wiping away the escaped tear.

"No, no, but I didn't tell you I love you enough times yet!" She said resting her head against her grandpa's hand.

"Don't leave me please" she whispered in a broken voice.

The next few days, Dora didn't cry at all, she felt numb. It wasn't until Remus informed her that the funeral was taking place in Waterloo did she breakdown completely.

Remus could only gulp down his tears and pat the crying girls back, hugging her to himself.

"He ain't ever coming back! He left me too! Why do they all leave me?" She cried for hours, until she fell asleep.

After the funeral, Dora was informed that the Dallarosa business and all the properties and luxuries were now hers.

Her grandfather had a will prepared before he was admitted to St.Mungo's.

Nodding, Dora acknowledged.

The Malfoy's were informed about the loss. Narcissa had invited Dora over for lunch.

"Oh, I was so worried" Narcissa hugged her niece.

"There's a good reason why Regulus kept you away and that's also the reason he's dead"

Her grandfather's words echoed in her mind.

"You have grown fond of Narcissa and she's nice. But..... don't let the white blind you and don't let the dark consume you little one."

"I'm alright. Thank you" Dora smiled sadly.

The four purebloods matched.

Dora was dressed in black, just like them, a black dress with black net stockings, a black band and black flats.

Narcissa led Dora inside. It was early in August.

"I am so sorry about your loss" Narcissa whispered.

They all walked into the dinning room.

Everyone taking their usual seats at the table.

"Who is it again you are living with nowadays?" Lucius questioned. Making Dora stop eating.

Placing her fork down, she looked straight at him. "I'm living with my now guardian Remus Lupin. At my house"

"The filthy hald-breed?" Lucius gritted his teeth, and before Dora could ask him how he knew about it, Narcissa spoke up.

"You can come live with us. Lucius and I, we can file a case and easily win your cus-"

"As much as I appreciate it. I want to do what my dead grandfather wished for me"
Was Dora's crisp reply.

Breaking the tension, Draco spoke up, "Heard about the Quidditch World Cup yet? Father, mother and I are going there. Seats beside the Minister of Magic Cornelius Fudge" he boasted.

"I didn't" Dora lied.

Dora left soon after lunch, not wanting to stay for long.

"It's alright. I understand you want to obey your grandfather. I wish to see you again, and then offer is still open. We have an extra ticket. You can come with us" Narcissa softly told Dora.

"Thank you for understanding"

Dora returned back to her house with a more uneasiness than she had left with.

She found Remus in the kitchen, cooking with Mipsy and now also Billy.

Billy was Lazarus elf, he was quite old but did not wish to be set free. Which is why he now obeyed to Dora, as his master. He was pleasant, but could be grouchy at time with others but Dora.

"How does Lucius Malfoy know about your lycanthrope?" She questioned without thinking.

"Ah, I see you've returned" Remus greeted with a smile, pretending to not have heard the question, "You enjoyed your lunch?"

"I asked you something" said Dora as she sat down on one of the dinning table chair.

Sighing, Remus took a seat as well. Letting Mipsy and Billy do the work.

Which Billy looked grateful for.

"Right, listen and please try not to interrupt. I will answer every question at the end" Remus began, making Dora nod, "Sirius Black is innocent, ah ah listen to me first. James and Sirius changed the secret keeper at the last moment. To have a bluff, but it didn't work obviously. Peter ratted them out, when Sirius went to confront him, he cut of his finger. Transfigured into his animagus, a rat, and ran off. He was the one who killed those 13 muggles. Harry, Ron and Hermione were down by Hagrid's hut, they wanted to be there for him while his hippogriff was being executed. Which is when Sirius had attacked, in his animagus form, he led Ron into the Whomping Willow, which connects with the shrieking shack. He was going after the rat. Harry and Hermione went in to save their friend......"

Remus explained everything to Dora for the next 30 minutes.

"And Snivellus still gets to work as the potions master!?" Dora was enraged.

How could he? How could Snape rat out Remus like this.

"Dumbledore let him stay. Why is that old man really that blind or is he just so partial?"

"Lia. It is not Dumbledore's fault. No one is to blame but me"

Dora looked at Remus as if he had suddenly grown ten heads.

Naive.

"So Harry lives with his godfather now?" Dora questioned.

"No, Sirius is still on the run. Harry is unfortunately staying with his relatives" Remus sighed.

Dora raised an eyebrow at him, "You know you can have him stay with you. You can provide him with not only essentials but more"

Remus thought deeply for a moment before shaking his head.

"I did ask Dumbledore if Harry could stay with me. But he said it would be best for Harry to stay with his relatives, and I cannot really hope to win a case even if I file for his custody"

"You can win the case. They're muggles"

"Dumbledore would side with them"

That made Dora frown, thinking deeply.

-

Dora lay awake that night, replaying all the conversations that she had had with her grandfather while he lay on that white uncomfortable looking bed.

"What do you want to be after you leave Hogwarts?" Lazarus questioned.

"Leave Hogwarts? I was thinking about going back to Uagadou" Dora frowned.

"Dora, we don't runaway. We face our problems. Big or small. Stay here? You'll see in the nearing future why I let you come here now" He smiled.

"Was it because of my soulmate?"

"No, I honestly did not know. I hope you treat him well" he chuckled.

"We don't talk, much. But I've observed, if there's is something peculiar about him is that he.... He knows little to nothing about his past, and the other worldly knowledge regarding himself or Voldermot"

"You think that would keep him safe?" Lazarus questioned frowning.

"No, I think that's the reason he is always risking his life, while looking for answers. It does not benefit anyone, hiding and not telling him things you know" Dora added after a pause.

"You're turning wise. But you didn't answer my question"

"A professional Quidditch player" Dora answered smiling.

"Ah, very well. Very well. I approve. We can go and watch the world Cup then" he laughed.

-

"You need to stay away from the mirror"

"Why?" She asked confused.

The two were talking about the mirror or erised. Or desire.

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live"

Dora let the tears fall.

Why couldn't they just stay? Why did she have to have such a terrible fate?

She no longer had any family. Remus was her guardian.

But Lazarus, she remembered when he had just bought her over to Waterloo from the Black House.

She was confused to see such bright walls, and not the dark ones she lived in.

That day had changed everything for the better, until she came back.

Crying in her pillow, she mourned for her dead father, dead mother mother dead now dead grandfather.

She cried remembering how now before everything she does, she would have to think twice.

Wouldn't want to be a burden for Remus.

Her grandpa tolerated her, understood her. Kept her informed and never in the dark.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 11.7K 99
- ʀᴇɢᴜʟᴜs ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ғᴀɴғɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ "You. Me. Hogsmeade. Tomorrow" Romie demands, leaving no room for objection. Regulus slowly lifts his head from his book...
2.6M 86.4K 153
philophobia-the fear of falling in love or becoming emotionally connected to someone... ~~~ This is a story you've heard before, passed down throu...
176 4 6
It's 1980, and both Walburga and Orian Black have passed, only heir to the Black name, Regulus Arcturus, dead, making the disowned "Blood traitor" Si...
21K 644 12
What if Sirius Black runs away but forgets about his brother, Regulus? What if him running away makes Regulus distance himself from him? What if in J...