Burning Down | Harry Potter

By narcissablacc

~Where dwell the brave at heart, their daring, nerve and chivalry sets a Gryffindor apart~ What if there was... More

Announcement
Prologue
00.
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
~Cordelia Black~
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37. (Important)
Act II
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
Act III
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
79 (II)
80

13.

5.7K 182 22
By narcissablacc

Remus stepped out from the fireplace, moving quickly with a limp towards the reception.

"I'm here for Lazarus Dallarosa" he asked with a shaky voice.

"Room 380"

Moving quickly through the decorated corridors, he made his way towards room 380.

Remus saw Dora waiting outside the room.

The petit girl had red puffy eyes and a red nose.

"I'm sorry I'm late" he apologies once Dora looks up at him.

"Remus" Dora cried and walked towards him, hugging him. Making the man breathe out a long sigh, and pat her back.

"Gra-grandpa" she wheezes, crying harder.

"I'm sorry" Remus said with a solemn voice.

-

It was during lunch when the Christmas spirit had evaporated into worry for the young Black.

Cordelia was in her room when a very frantic Mipsy had barged into her room, hyperventilating and screaming about Lazarus not waking up.

Dora was immediately running towards her grandfather's room, while calling out for him.

"Grandpa! Grandpa!"

Upon entering the room Dora saw her grandfather sitting in his chair, with his eyes closed, and shallow breathing.

"Mipsy do something!" She cried out with worry.

"Mipsy tried everything miss but master won't respond"

Dora didn't know what to do. There was no one home except for herself and Mipsy.

Her first thought was Remus.

But he was staying at Hogwarts and she didn't know if the patronus would reach him.

"Mipsy can you apparate me and grandpa to St.Mungo's?"

The elf frantically nodded her head.

Dora grabbed onto Lazarus' hand tightly and grabbed Mipsy with the other.

Mipsy was quick to apparate and then hold Lazarus in air, stopping his unconscious body from falling on the floor.

"Help me! My grandfather is not waking up" Dora told the receptionist with a shaky voice.

Lazarus was rushed to a room, the medics and healers rushing inside.

"Is there an adult who can fill out these forms?" One of the healers questioned Dora.

"Can I use the floo for a call?" The young Black sniffed.

Nodding, the healer led her to a fireplace.

Throwing in the floo, she called out "Hogwarts, the headmaster's office"

Lucky for her Dumbledore was in his office.

"Miss Black" he addressed her with a confused voice.

"Headmaster can you please ask Remus to immediately come to St.Mungo's" she said in a soft voice.

"I shall do that. I hope everything's well" Albus Dumbledore told Dora.

-

It had been ten minutes since Remus arrived.

The longest ten minutes of Dora's life.

Two healers stepped out from the room, whispering amongst themselves.

"How is he?" Remus questioned.

"Alright for now, it was good you didn't wait for long. Also are you aware about his condition?" The healer questioned with worry.

"Yes we do" was Remus' reply.

Dora was confused at the exchange of words.

What condition?

"Right. You can go in" the healer told them.

Dora didn't waste another second, she rushed inside the room.

Lazarus was sitting up in his bed, looking stressed and weak.

"You scared me" Dora sniffed sitting on his bed, at the end.

Letting Remus occupy the chair beside his bed.

"I'm sorry I ruined your Christmas little one" Lazarus said with a small sorry smile.

Shaking her head, Dora replied, "You didn't, you didn't" her lips trembled.

"How are you feeling?" Remus questioned from his seat.

"Better" Lazarus said, giving Remus a knowing look.

Dora wiped away at the escaped tears, before questioning her grandfather.

"What did the healers mean by your condition. Remus told them that we know about it but I don't"

Lazarus sighed before looking at Remus, who nodded.

"I'll let you talk. I'll be outside"

Remus walked out from the room.

The room was fairly big enough. There was only one bed which was occupied by Lazarus.

"Cordelia" Lazarus started, making Dora sit up straighter, "I'm getting older day by day"

Dora's lips quivered, her nose turning pink.

"I have a condition...." Lazarus tried to delay a bit.

"And?" She asked with a cracked voice.

"It's damaging my insides. The healers at Waterloo were unable to find a cure, which is why I came here at St.Mungo's. But there is no cure. It can only be delayed, but not much"

"You're lying" she accused, but was too sad to even raise her voice.

"I really wish I was little one"

"No" she cried, letting the fat ugly tears roll down her red cheeks.

"Dora...." he sighed, "Stay strong please. For me"

Dora took her time for collecting herself.

Wiping her tears and drinking some water, she tried to regain her regular breathing.

"So? Why didn't you tell me before?" She asked hiccupping a little.

"I did not want to worry you"

"And I am absolutely not worried right now"

"This is what I meant. You would've been constantly worrying about me, and not focusing on your studies. We can't have that right?"

Nodding her head, Dora looked at her hands that laid in her lap, "I'll work harder for you" she promised with a light sniff.

"I would love to see you shine but do not ever burn"

-

The next day, Lazarus was allowed to go back home, only after he assured everyone that he would be regular with his medication.

Albeit there Yule didn't go as planned. Dora, Remus and Lazarus enjoyed themselves the next day.

Dora and Remus were laughing their heads off when Lazarus was tricked with the nose biting tea cup.

They blew out Droobles bubbles.

Mipsy was also enjoying herself. The small family had their own little celebration that day.

Remus had also assured Dora that she could be expecting another lesson added to her schedule. Wandless magic.

Dora stayed strong for her grandfather throughout the day, but cried herself to sleep.

The thoughts of losing the only family left, made her eyes well up with tears.

-

Harry hid the card from his friends that was attached to the string that held the gift together.

I am only passing it on. On behalf of Cordelia

"Who sent that?" Ron questioned.

"Professor Lupin" Harry told his two friends softly.

Unwrapping the package, Harry was surprised to see a teacup sitting at top of the sweaters.

"Wait I know what that-" but Ron couldn't finish his sentence for the cup, that was being closely examined by Harry bit his nose, "Nose biting teacups...." Ron and Hermione laughed a little at Harry red nose.

Harry rubbed his nose and kept the teacup aside, examining the posh looking sweaters.

"They look nice and warm" Hermione commented.

"They are" Harry smiled, running his hand over the soft warm fabric.

The sweaters were very classy, very different from his sweatshirts.

Harry felt something when he remembered the card hiding in his pocket.

"On behalf of Cordelia"

Harry did figure it out that the present was from Cordelia Black, he felt a little guilt when he remembered that he had nothing to give her as gift.

He didn't even send an owl wishing her. He decided to do that later.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 3.2K 32
Elladora Zhavia Ursula Black I,daughter of Walburga and Orion Black, sister to Regulus Arcturus and Sirius Orion III.She had continued the Black trad...
223K 11.5K 97
- ʀᴇɢᴜʟᴜs ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ғᴀɴғɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ "You. Me. Hogsmeade. Tomorrow" Romie demands, leaving no room for objection. Regulus slowly lifts his head from his book...
137 4 6
It's 1980, and both Walburga and Orian Black have passed, only heir to the Black name, Regulus Arcturus, dead, making the disowned "Blood traitor" Si...
739 21 12
Heaven, that's what she is called. The girl that went to Beauxbaton school. She just transferred to Hogwarts. The only people she knows there are the...