The Bloom Titan (1/2)

By Supreme_Noeva

The waves crash onto the golden sand, leaving foam on the shore as it pulls back. It is a special day, as a g... More

CH.1: The Adori Manor
CH.2: Devastated and Alone
CH.3: Bad Dreams
CH.4: Goodbye Home
CH.5: On the Run
CH.6: More Friends and Foes
CH.7: The Final Tests
CH.8: The Night of The Ceremony
CH.9: All Hell has Returned
CH.10: Promise
CH.11: The Forgotten
CH.12: Roses
CH.13: Strange Power
CH.14: Humanity's Last Hope
CH.15: Relief for Trost.
CH.16: Trial to Determine Life or Death
CH.17: The Special Operations Squad.
CH.18: An Expedition Outside The Walls
CH.19: Ghost on our Trail
CH.20: The Female Titan
CH.21: A Pain Filled Cry
CH.22: Failure or Success?
CH.23: Counter Attack
CH.24: Plan B
CH.25: Fire Against Fire
CH.26: Danger Within Wall Rose
CH.27: More Like Us
CH.28: Cold hands
CH.29: Traitors in our Midst
CH.30: The Repeat
CH.31: Bloom
CH.32: Rare Encounter
CH.33: New-found Power
CH.34: Sweet Failure
CH.35: New Grounds
CH.36:Escape
CH.37: Body Double Mission
CH.38: Distant Memory
CH.39: Distant Memory (Pt.2)
CH.40: Mission Failed
CH.41: The Cave of Crystal
CH.42: Ritual
CH.43: A Massive Problem
CH.44: Against a Giant
CH.45: Action
CH.46: Kenny Ackerman
CH.47: Queen Historia
CH.48: Answers
CH.49: Arielle Harper and Dr. Jeager
CH.50: Understanding
CH.51: The Night Before Hell
CH.52: The Lands We Once Called Home
CH.53: The Return of the Traitors
CH.54: Nobility
CH.55: Grace
CH.56: Tranquillity
CH.57: Elegance
CH.58: Numbness
CH:59: Discovery of the Unknown
CH.60: Outside the Walls
CH.61: Malice
CH.62: The Restorationists
CH.63: Blessings and Paradise.
CH.64: The Angel of Destruction
CH.65: The Curse of Ymir
CH.66: An Extra Traitor
CH:67: The Funeral for the Fallen Heroes
CH.69: Dream

CH.68: February 8th, 851

144 4 6
By Supreme_Noeva

FEBRUARY THE EIGHTH, 851. SIX MONTHS AFTER THE AWARD CEREMONY

My eyelids flutter open, a bright light greeting me as I wake. A soft breeze was brushing over my face, cool and refreshing.

I peel my bed covers off my body and sit up. I was in my bedroom, as I recognized my bookshelves next to my desk on the wall furthest from my bed. Also, the smell of pollen from the bunch of flowers on my bedside table informed me I was in my room.

I sigh and stand up. I walk over to my cupboard and open it, pulling the copper handle towards me. I flick through the items of clothing hanging on the wooden bar, looking for my training uniform.

No matter how hard I looked, I couldn't find it. Not even my ODM gear. There was a sudden noise in my room. The sound of my door clicking shut.

I jump around, ready to beat the living daylights out the person that could be in my room. But no one was there, apart from a dress hanging from the door handle.

I raise an eyebrow and walk over to it cautiously. I pick it up off the copper knob and inspect it. It was quite pretty. It was a mint green, off shoulder, front-shirred dress that would end in the middle of my shins.

(Ignore the person in dis, pls)

There was a little note hanging to the top of it by some string. I lift it to read it. The note said, 'Put this on, and go to the flower field beside the Training Corps -??? (P.S: There's a surprise in the stables first.)'

I sigh and look back at the dress. It was a bit revealing as it would show my shoulders and my collarbone, making me a bit uncomfortable. But, I starting discarding my clothing anyways so I could put the dress on.

I step into the top of the dress and pull it up until it sat just above my breasts. It was a perfect fit. I walk over to my mirror and look myself up and down. It also suited me. I wonder who picked it for me...

I pick up my brush that sat on my desk and drag it through my tangled, auburn locks. Repeating this action until there was no such thing as knots in my hair's dictionary. I sat the brush back down and walked over to my wardrobe again.

I dug out a pair of flat shoes and slipped them on my feet, then headed out my room and out of my office. I trotted down the empty corridors of the Scouts HQ towards the stables, following the instructions of the note.

I run down the spiral steps that led into the stables and jump onto the brick ground. I scan the area for any surprises until my eyes land upon a stable with a single rose on the door. I walk up to it and pick up another note attached to it.

This one read, 'A present to help you get to the flower field. -??? (P.S: Its name is Gypsy)'

I gasp and look into the stable. And there it stood. A blue roan thoroughbred with a long, black mane and tail.

"No way." I utter, lifting up the latch that was holding the gate shut and I slowly approach the horse. I shakes its head and pulls it back. You could see the whites in its eyes.

I sit my hand on its neck and it jolts back. I curse under my breath as I got a fright. I haven't been near a horse for eight months, apart from the carriage horses of course. But in general, I haven't. Ever since I lost Zip, I've not asked for a new one at all as I couldn't find a good reason to have one at the moment. All the Survey Corps were doing was training, making plans to go outside the walls and kill the remaining Titans within Wall Maria, as there are still a good few.

I take a deep breath and approach the horse again. Once again it backs up and it's ears go flat against its head. I sigh and inhale, then exhale deeply. I guess I have no choice.

"Why did the earth and sky seperate? This world is so beautiful, yet so cruel." I sing. I sing a song I made during my Cadet Training years. "Those who threw stones and those who were hit by them, between them is a fence that cannot be easily overcome. If positions change, justice shall reveal it's fangs. Is it's roar also trapped with a cage?" I slowly make my way over to Gypsy. She flares her nostrils. "I dedicated my heart with my back turned to the twilight. Towards the end of night that kept on going forward!"

"Requiem. Requiem. To that nameless flower that scattered throughout the night. Please, rest in peace... Dawn and dusk share the colour of loneliness, the shadow of the passing bird is burnt into the earth."

"Between those who slaughter hopes and those who are slaughtered, there's a wall that no one can accept easily. If we seek the truth the world will collapse. Can the sky we see from inside the cell be called freedom..."

As I was immersed in singing, the horse had rested its nose on my outstretched palm. I smile broadly and gently glide my hand down it's nose. "Will you let me ride you?" I whisper. It nuzzles my hand in response and I smile even wider. "Thank you."

It didn't have it's tack on but I couldn't care less. I grab a head-collar and lead-rope and slip it over Gypsys' head and buckle up the straps under her jaw.

I lead her out the stable and walk over to the mounting block. I step upon the block of wood and bounce my knees until I have enough power to jump onto the horse's back.

It isn't comfy sitting on a horse without a saddle, especially if it's back is boney. But, sitting on Gypsy bareback is okay, hurts a little but overall, it doesn't bother me.

I lean forward and unclip the head-collar, and it fall's to the ground. I take a deep breath and grab a handful of black mane. "Right, if you get spooked, please run east, please." I say sheepishly.

I lightly nudge her ribs and she takes off in a really fast gallop. "Ah, shit!" I wail. I grip onto the mane tighter as she runs out into the forest.

After a few flying minutes, I get used to the fast pace and sit up properly, intsead of hugging Gypsy's neck. I glance up at the blue sky to check if we were still heading east.

The sun was right infront of me, meaning I was going the right way the whole time. I let a relieved chuckle slip from my lips as I lift up my hands from Gypsy's mane, the wirey strands slipping from my fingers.

I lift my arms up into the air in a T pose and I smile. I wonder why someone is doing something so nice. I squint my eyes as I think of a reason why. It's definitely not Christmas, nor Easter... it isn't Halloween either... "Oh shit. It's my Birthday." I utter, eyes wide in surprise.

I had completely forgot that today is my Birthday. Everything that's happened in the past year has been hard to accept and it's taking up most of my memory. To be honest, I think it's the same for everyone else.

But, now that I think about it we never forgot Levi's birthday as it's on Christmas Day. Hanji insisted that we'd celebrate it and Levi just accepted it, although most of the time he was doing his best not to get annoyed at her.

Tomorrow is also Mikasa's birthday. I wonder if she'll let us celebrate it.

Gypsy begins to slow down and I raise an eyebrow. I look around me and we're already here, the flower field.

The smell of pollen filled the air and the sound of bee's resonated through my ears. The power of Spring.

I slide off of Gypsy and she trots over to a tree and munches on the forest green blades of grass. At least she's not running away. I turn round and look for the person that left the notes.

"Hello?! Is anyone here?!" I yell, cupping my hands round my mouth. I furrow my eyebrows and look around again. Where are they? Is this a-

"Right here, princess." Someone whispers in my ear. I feel shivers go up my spine. There's only one person who calls me that to annoy me. I chuckle and turn around to see Jean standing there in his casual clothes.

"So. Are you the one who asked me to come here?" I ask with a raised eyebrow. He raises his eyebrows and looks away.

"Maybe... Maybe not..." A charming smile pulls at his lips. "But, can I take you somewhere first?" He offers me his large hand. I sit mine in his and he begins to drag me somewhere.

"Where are you taking me, horseface?" I giggle. He glances over his shoulder to look at me.

"Somewhere you loved to go when we were in the Training Corps." He informs me. I don't even need to try remember this place as he mentioned it. It was the place Jean, Marco and I would go during the summer to chill on our off-days.

He takes me down a dirt path in the forest, the smell of damp wood hitting me. The roaring of water filled my ears as we stopped at the edge of a cliff. We were here. The waterfall.

At the bottom of the forty-meter drop, multiple cherry blossom's sat around the perimeter of the waterfall basin, colours of white, pink and yellow. The sound of humming birds could be heard humming about the place.

"Hey! Did you get her?!" A voice shouts from below. I look down to see Hanji waving at us from the bank. Jean steps forward.

"Yeah! Can we come down now?!" He yells back down with his hands cupped round his mouth.

"Yes! The towels are ready!" She shouts back up. The towels?! Jean smirks as he looks at me.

"You ready to get wet, princess?" He asks. I scrunch my face up. I don't know what he means. He soon reaches down to the hem of his top and lifts it up over his head. He chucks it to the ground and I try my hardest not to look at him. But he takes my hands. "Trust me, okay?" He gives me a reassuring smile.

I gulp and nod. "Good, now before we hit the water, make sure you make yourself an arrow or a pin shape. Otherwise you have a really high risk of getting hurt, and I don't want you to get hurt." He tells me, stepping towards the edge.

"Wait, are we diving in this bad-boy?" I ask, excitement bubbling up inside of me.

"Uhm, yeah." He says, scratching the back of his neck nervously. I smile and let go of his hands.

"Say less, my guy." I joke in a low voice, walking away from the edge.

"Wait, where are you going." He asks, jogging after me. I turn round abruptly and sprint to the edge of the cliff at full speed. I start trying to create something on my back as a test, fusing it with blood cells and consciousness so I can control it. I jump off the edge and close my eyes, focusing on the items I'm creating.

I open my eyes for a split second to see a group of people standing on the bank. Hanji, Levi, Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Connie and Sasha, who was munching on something. They were looking up at me in awe, most of their jaws hung open apart from, Eren, Mikasa and Levi.

Eren hasn't been acting normal lately. Not since the day he kissed Historia's hand and gained memories I don't know about. He won't open up to me about it even though I'm also a Titan-shifter. The others have noticed aswell but, I've not told them why he's acting that way because it's nothing but a hunch.

The item I created on my back seems finished and I was only ten meters away from hitting the water. The smile on my face widens as I open the wings on my back. It works!

I flap the rosen wings and hover above the water. I fling my arms up into the air. "I done it!" I giggle.

"Ooohh, Ezlyn! How'd you do that!" Hanji drools. "Tell me in full detail, please!"

I turn to Hanji. "Just like my ability to create things from my hands I wondered if I could make something on another part of my body, apart from my hands. So, I tried creating wings on my back but, if I didn't do a few things, they'd be there just for decoration. So I fused the wings with blood cells and consciousness, attaching some bone to it aswell and vóla, a pair of floral wings!" As I was speaking, Hanji was scribbling down everything I said on a piece of paper.

"Wow. And, you thought all that up in ten seconds?" She asks, looking at me with a raised brow. I nod in responce. "Ugh, I don't know if I could've done that in that amount of time. Why don't you switch ranks with me, it'll-"

"No." I interrupt her. "You were nominated by Erwin, so you stay commander. Don't hand this role down to anyone. Your more suited to it than anyone else, 'kay?" I say with a sinister smile. She laughs nervously.

"It was j-just a joke, ahaha." She stammers, waving her hands out infront of herself. "But, how are you gonna get those things off. Aren't they like... part of your body now."

I raise a brow. "What do you mean, Hanji?" I inquire, biting my lip.

"Well, you said you fused blood cells, bones and consciousness, all of those are what makes up a human body. And since you attached them to your back, how will you discard them?"

I purse my lips together and look down at the water that was below me by a few meters.

I haven't thought on how I'm gonna remove these yet. They are basically classed as 'limb's' now as I did create them using materials that make up a human body.

An idea pops into my head. "I'll cut them off." I say blankly. A worried look spreads across Hanji's face.

"But, won't that-"

"Hurt? Yes. Yes, it will. As it now counts as a limb, limb's can be severed from the main body by abrupt force. It will feel like I've lost an arm but, I will regenerate the skin on my back." I interrupt her. "Now, does anyone have a spare sword?" I ask, my eyes scanning over my comrades.

Mikasa raises her hand. "I brought my gear with me, including some blades. But, I won't cut them off for you."

"Okay... Levi. Can you cut them off for me. Your the one I trust will get them off in one slice." I look over to them man in formal clothes. He nods, but them points up to the top of the cliff.

"You should get horseface down first." He says in his monotone voice. My lips form an 'o' shape and I start gaining height by flapping my wings.

It feels wierd. It's not like I've never been in the sky before because I've learnt how to use ODM gear, but because I'm in complete control of my actions. Like, there'll be no faults unless they're injured. But, I don't want to do this again. I probably wouldn't want to ever feel the pain of getting my wings chopped off, ever again.

I reach the top of the cliff and Jean is still standing there, a look of amazement on his face as he's deep in thought. I land on the edge and offer him my hand. "Trust me. I won't drop you." I grin.

He shakes his head and takes my hand. "Am I dreaming right now, or am I seeing an angel?" I giggle at his response.

"Your definitely not dreaming, so I guess your seeing an angel." I take his other hand and jump off the edge, not flapping my wings. He looks down at me with a scared but, excited look on his face. But, it looked as if he were daydreaming, too.

I gaze into his cognac eyes, giving me butterflies in my stomach. I could see his features more vividly. He had a small scar under his right eye and a faint patch of red over his cheeks. A charming smile over his lips that were he lightest pink colour.

I shake my head to stop myself from daydreaming and spin Jean round so he's below me. I flap my wings just before we hit the water, and my foot grazes it slightly, creating ripples on the calm surface.

I sit Jean down on the bank and I follow shortly after, kinda relieved to touch the ground again. Levi was ready to cut off the bad boy's on my back, as he stood in front of me with a sword in hand.

"Right, let's get these off, shall we?" I smile, stepping forward.

--

I was currently puking up non-existent food into a bush. I wipe the disgusting liquid or food, whatever, away with the back of my hand. "Ah, shit. The pain was so much, I ended up puking, on my birthday." I mutter under my breath. I was heaving for air, my lungs feeling starved of oxygen.

"Well, that's your own bloody fault for suggesting it in the first place." Levi groans, wiping his bloodied blades with a napkin. Keyword; Blades.

It took two blades to cut off the wings as one of them got stuck in the root, right over my right shoulder-blade. It hurt like hell.

"But~" Hanji says in a sing-song tone. "We got two fine specimen's!" She lifts up the two wings as if they were prized possesions of hers.

I groan and stand up straight. "Did any of you bring alcohol, I'd like to get drunk and forget that pain in the ass."

(A/N: I DO NOT CONDONE UNDERAGE DRINKING!!! Please drink at the legal age in your country!!!)

Connie and Sasha exchange evil grins and nod. "Over there on the table." Sasha points to a picnic table surrounded by chairs.

I let out a sigh of relief and stroll over too the table. I pick up a bottle of 'Devil's Spring Vodka' and pull out the cork. I grab a cup and start pouring into it, the heavy stench of alcohol wafting towards my nose.

Soon enough, my friends had came over, apart from Hanji and Levi because they are 'looking after us'. They all started pouring their own drinks, Eren putting a bit much in his cup and Armin putting hardly any in at all.

"A toast for it being Ezlyn's nineteenth birthday!" Jean proudly raises his cup and smiles. Everyone giggles or sighs and raises their cups up above their eye-line. "To my best friend on her 19th birthday, I hope you have a lovely night of drinking with those close to you!"

I blush a tiny bit. "To our best friend!" Armin, Connie and Sasha shout while Mikasa and Eren say it in mousey voices. Eren was the first to down all of his drink as I was taking tiny sips at a time.

Those memories really messed him up, huh? Fuck it.

I down all of my drink in seconds, not letting a single drop go to waste. The liquid burnt my throat and as a down side, I started feeling woozey, meaning I was already getting drunk.

Everyone started laughing at Armin because he was gagging after downing a little bit, so I joined in too, because...

This may be the last birthday I have with them all...

-------------------------------------------

Hiya, I am sorry, again, for not posting sooner. I got distracted as this is a lame filler chapter, it doesn't make sense to me. But, I'm posting it anyways because, idk if haters don't like this or not, because I have the same hatred towards it.

But, if you like it, thank you.

I have to mention this because... I can. So, I got Dm'd by this person and they said they were a representive of Good Novel and they asked if I could sign a contract with them because they 'see potential in my works'. Basically, I'd get paid for writing this book but it would belong to them and I wouldn't be able to post it on any other platform other than their's. I thought that was kinda shit so I ignored them.
Also because writings just a hobby for me, not a job. Anddd, because this book is almost finished. And, and, and, I'm only thirteen, not an adult. I'll appreciate the fact they see potential in me and I think that's it. I don't want to give away this book, even if it means getting offered money, I won't do it. It's too precious to me and... this may sound stupid, but I feel like this book is my child, part of me. So I'm gonna turn down the offer.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and have a great day/night. I'll see you in chapter 69, 'Dream'

Sayonara

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 53K 72
She was one of the most talented cadets the regiment has ever seen. So it came quite a shock to them when they heard that she was planning to join th...
90K 2.9K 80
'You look over to the spot your parents were standing not even a half a minute ago. Your ears were ringing, the big boulder in front of you earning y...
676 53 27
"When I was in that forest, I thought everyone I cared about was dead. I know you know what that's like." She paused and tears began to glisten in he...
202K 8.1K 55
"I feel like I've known you. I need to know who you once were to me." As an only daughter, Celine Austerlitz was given everything she could ever want...