Deserve | Na Jaemin ✓

By from_izzy

♡ school romance "I don't deserve you Jaemin..." "What makes you say that?" "You're a kind, considerate, inte... More

𝟙 | park hyejin
𝟚 | little bunny
𝟛 | center of attention
𝟜 | don't blame yourself
𝟝 | pair up
𝟞 | brainstorm together
𝟟 | exchanging numbers
𝟠 | 'perfect'
𝟡 | nana?
𝟙𝟘 | sit with you
𝟙𝟚 | long sleeves
𝟙𝟛 | stay with me
𝟙𝟜 | innocent baby
𝟙𝟝 | should we bet
𝟙𝟞 | four pieces of paper
𝟙𝟟 | human rights
𝟙𝟠 | more memories
𝟙𝟡 | trash
𝟚𝟘 | not true
𝟚𝟙 | snowy
𝟚𝟚 | motherly
𝟚𝟛 | a chance
𝟚𝟜 | for you
𝟚𝟝 | never did
𝟚𝟞 | a hundred
𝟚𝟟 | happiness...
𝟚𝟠 | i like you
𝟚𝟡 | don't joke
𝟛𝟘 | need
𝟛𝟙 | the cycle
𝟛𝟚 | confiding
𝟛𝟛 | the truth
𝟛𝟜 | indirectly
𝟛𝟝 | all the time
𝟛𝟞 | 127km/hr
𝟛𝟟 | little more
𝟛𝟠 | didn't need to ask
𝟛𝟡 | high school
𝟜𝟘 | beside me
𝟜𝟙 | new chapter
𝟜𝟚 | six years
𝟜𝟛 | yes
♡♡
𝟜𝟜 | never stop loving

𝟙𝟙 | jaemin hyung

907 36 8
By from_izzy

The days went by quickly and with that, the due date for their presentation is only getting closer.

"Ok I think this topic would be great?" The group brainstorms a topic to work on for their English project. After some time, they finally managed to settle on a broader topic.

Everyone decided that their presentation will revolve around children, or basically the future generations of the world. The 'issue' part of the project is yet to be solved however they were proud to have made progress on the work.

They chose to do their presentation on children due to their own life experiences. Hajoon is the only family member that she is close to and the only one who is willing to love her as she is, Jaein as well thought of her adopted little sister, Jeno being the youngest in his family and Jaemin being the only child, has always wanted someone younger that they could take care of. Jaemin loved children so much that he had dedicated his time to partake in multiple volunteering events that involved helping children of different ages.

"Bell's about to go." Jaemin looked at the white clock hanging on top of the whiteboard, "We're on a roll. Should we continue this after school?"

"I can't stay for very long..." Hyejin felt remorseful as everyone was ready to give up their time and she was the only one giving an excuse.

"That's alright. Just stay for however long and we'll continue this in a different time." Jaein reassures her, "I'm guessing you need to pick up Hajoon?"

Hyejin nods at the statement, "I'm sorry for the inconvenience..."

Jaemin frowns at her apologetic behaviour, "You don't need to apologise..." he mumbles under his breath.

The school bell rings and the group makes their way to the school library together. They did get off track at some times, other times they would talk about different subjects, other times Jaemin and Jaein would be teasing and arguing with each other.

"Honestly, how could you be so bad at chemistry?" Jaein looks at her cousin in disbelief, "It's the easiest subject alive."

"Yeah well I could ask the same thing to you about maths." Jaemin argues back.

"Yeah but we don't need half of the maths that we learn in school."

"More than half actually." Jeno added and the couple high-fived. Jaein smugly relaxes on her chair, knowing that someone is on her side.

"Yeah well we don't necessarily look at an object and identify what type of molecular bonding they have either."

The two had been scowling at each other for the last five minutes, Jeno unbothered while Hyejin was wondering if she should say something. In the end, she decided that they'll be fine as it wasn't the first time that she's seen them arguing.

Hyejin checks the time on her phone, realising that she should probably begin to pack up and pick up Hajoon seeing as he finishes in about fifteen minutes.

"Go." Jeno smiles, "Go pick up your brother. I'm immune to their stupid arguments."

Hyejin was surprised that Jeno realised her hesitance in leaving but at the same time thankful that she got the reassurance that she needed, and confirmation to leave. She nods and mouths a small 'thank you and good luck' to which Jeno playfully signals to Hyejin that the cousins are crazy by making a small circle beside his head with his index finger.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow." Hyejin announces to the group. Jaein and Jaemin momentarily stop to bid the girl goodbye before starting their pointless argument again.

"Ok you know what? Just shush." Jaein lightly shoves him on the shoulder.

Jaemin scoffs, "That's what I've been telling you to do."

"What are you doing?" Jaein pulls an unamused face at the sight of her cousin packing up his stuff, "I'm going after Hyejin. I'm going to walk with her."

Jeno whistles at the boy, "Na Jaemin finally making a move?"

"Shut up, Lee Jeno."

Hyejin had both her earphones on as she continued to walk towards the school gate. She felt a presence behind her but didn't dare to look back. She continued walking like there was nothing wrong but after making many turns, she realises that someone might be following her. She took off one of her earbuds and thought about how to confront the possible creep behind her.

She pressed in the emergency number on her phone, preparing to call the number if anything happens to her. She puts on a confident face and takes a deep breath before turning her head around. Her sudden movement resulted in her long hair slapping the person across the face.

"You really have a thing with slapping across the face with your hair." the boy chuckled at her.

Hyejin widens her eyes before putting her phone away in her pocket before she accidentally dials the number on her phone, "Jaemin? Why are you following me?"

"Who said I was following you?" Jaemin plays with her, but also partly because he didn't want her to get a weird impression from him, even though he was doing just that; he was following her.

"Oh sorry..." Hyejin rubs her shoulder with her palm, suddenly feeling awkward at the accusation, "I didn't mean to accuse you like that."

"You really need to stop apologising." Jaemin pouts, "There's nothing to apologise about."

"So...you were following me?"

"Ye-- hey! Don't change the subject."

Hyejin smiles at his unexpected little outburst, "So why are you following me?"

It was a good question. Jaemin didn't have any particular reason to follow her...or did he? Of course he wanted to know more about Hyejin but he couldn't just say that to her.

"I just..."

"Yeah?"

"...wanted to walk you home and make sure that you arrived home safe." he made up a lousy, overused excuse to her question. Jaemin wished that the Earth would just swallow and hide him as he felt his ears burn, most probably also turning into a bright shade of red.

Hyejin lets out an 'oh' to his answer, "I'm not going home yet...as you know. I'm picking my brother up."

"Let's go pick him up together then." he notices the one pair of the earphones dangling, "What are you listening to? Can I listen?"

"Oh. It's just instrumental music. I don't really listen to songs." Hyejin bit her lips with worry; worry that he might think of her as a boring girl.

"What instrument?" Jaemin approaches the girl and grabs her earphones, "Piano huh? It's so calming."

Hyejin sighs in relief that he didn't comment on anything further than that. They start to walk in silence towards Hajoon's school. They stood in front of the school gate and waited for Hajoon to come out. The whole time, Jaemin was trying to keep his composure. Hyejin is right next to him and he desperately wanted to get to know her better but he was too much of a coward to even start. Is this how Jeno felt around Jaein? He was beginning to empathise with his best friend.

Hyejin was almost the same as Jaemin. Other than Hajoon, she has never spent time alone with a boy, let alone ever stood this close to a boy. She didn't mind the silence between them as within herself, she could feel and hear her heart beating against her chest. It felt like she was going to explode out of nervousness. She keeps her eyes at the school gate, waiting for her brother to come out.

"Hajoon!" She detaches her earphone, unconsciously giving Jaemin her phone, before engulfing the boy in a hug. She was glad to see him more than ever due to her nervousness with Jaemin.

"Hyejin. Who's that guy behind you?" Hajoon quickly notices Jaemin sweetly smiling up at him, "No way!" he gasps. He lets go of her sister before running up to the unknown boy, "Are you Hyejin's boyfriend?"

"No!" Hyejin quickly denied, blushing madly at the assumption, "Hajoon you can't just go up to someone and ask him that."

"Hehe sorry." Hajoon innocently apologises, "So, who are you? I'm Park Hajoon, Hyejin's brother." he lets his small hand out for a handshake.

Jaemin bends down and cooes at the young boy, finding him absolutely adorable, "I'm Na Jaemin. Call me Jaemin hyung."

Hyejin watches the small interaction between the two boys in front of her. Jaemin pinches Hajoon's cheeks in adoration and Hajoon does the same thing towards him. When Jaemin ruffles his hair, Hajoon tries to do the same but fails as he is too tall. Jaemin picks up Hajoon so that he could reach his hair.

"Hyung." Hajoon stares at his features, "You're really handsome."

Jaemin winks playfully, "That is such a big compliment coming from another handsome man."

The two boys continued to play around with each other, bopping each other noses, pulling funny faces at each other. Hajoon even took Hyejin's phone off him and opened the camera app to take a quick selfie of the two of them before finally putting him down on the ground. Hyejin could clearly see that Hajoon likes Jaemin's company.

"You want to go eat something? Hyung's treat." Jaemin offered to the little boy.

"Hyejin!" Hajoon's eyes were full of sparkles at the offer, "Can we go? Can we grab some food?"

Hyejin pats his hair softly, "Of course. We'll go but not too long alright?"

Hajoon nods excitedly before grabbing both Jaemin and Hyejin's hand to a cafe as both teenagers look at each other with smiles on their faces.

Jaemin holds the cafe door open for Hyejin and Hajoon to enter. She mouths a small thank you while Hajoon excitedly dashes over to the ice cream section. His mouth watered at the new flavour that just released and stares at the bright blue dessert.

"Jaemin hyung!" Hajoon calls out to the older teen, "Can I get ice cream?"

"Of course. Big scoop?"

Hajoon looks over to Hyejin for permission. Hyejin smiles at the pout, conclusively giving her brother permission to get whatever he wants.

"Do you want one?" Jaemin offers the girl.

She shakes her head, "No it's fine. You go have some with Hajoon."

Jaemin ordered two big scoops of bubblegum flavoured ice cream and took out his wallet to pay. He walks over to the cashier, noticing that Hyejin had her own wallet out, ready to pay for the two boys.

Without warning, he swiftly took her wallet away, "No. I offered Hajoon, remember?"

He swipes his card and a beep is made, signalling that the transaction was successful. Hyejin was filled with guilt and Jaemin noticed this. He grabs a clean spoon from the top of the ice cream display freezer, scooping some of his ice cream and putting it in front of Hyejin's mouth, "Don't frown." My heart can't take it when you do that. Jaemin makes an 'ah' sound and slightly opens his mouth urging Hyejin to do the same.

Hajoon watches the two teenagers on the side. He smiles at the sweet gesture that Jaemin made to his sister. When Jaemin was successfully feeds Hyejin, Hajoon most probably felt happier than Jaemin himself. After all, this is the first time he has ever seen his sister with another person outside their family. He quietly took a picture with Hyejin's phone and looked through her contacts to send it to Jaemin.

"Oh he definitely likes her."

Jaemin walks the two siblings home while Hajoon energetically talks about his day. It was a peaceful and comfortable walk with a few smiles, glances and skin contact.

It was weird, Hyejin found it really weird. Hyejin found skin contact to be daunting. The only skin contact she's comfortable with, is only when she hugs and pats Hajoon. The numerous times her parents physically abused her caused her to be sensitive with skin contact.

Jaein would know. Hajoon would know.

However, Jaemin is different. She feels protected and safe around him. She realised this when he stopped her hand when she was scratching herself and when he held her wrists during her small panic attack.

Hajoon hugs Jaemin tightly, thanking him for the day and wishes him to go back home safely. Hyejin looks into his eyes still in her deep thought, "Thank you." They make their way inside their house as Hyejin unlocks the door and Hajoon enters first. Before closing the door, Hyejin took one last glance at the boy as her face subconsciously smiled at the already beaming boy.

Hyejin saw a different side of Jaemin today.

Na Jaemin is the kindest boy that she has ever met.

I attached the YouTube video of the instrumental that Hyejin and Jaemin listened to. I absolutely love these instrumental pieces and I actually use them for study and sleep. Credits to 'The Soul of Wind' on YouTube. I recommended checking them out 😊

Stay happy and safe everyone!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 10.5K 68
○ Slice of life ○ School rebellion au ○ "you don't even smoke", "no I know, I just needed a reason to talk to you." ○ WARNING! This book contains men...
51.8K 1.8K 44
- maybe you and i aren't meant for each other. » an nct jaemin fanfiction » date started: 2020-04-20 » date ended: 2021-01-09
19.3K 272 39
A hopeless romantic Grace Kim never knew that her life changed after she met a new, hot-dummy and soon to be an heir-waiter in her favorite cafe. A...
26K 1K 20
°You and I 나의 바다 포근한 품 I will dive into you~ Once upon a time, there was a girl name Y/n L/n who got bullied by the most popular boys in school 7Drea...