An August Wedding

By SkyPhoenix13125

Your parents wanted a son to take over the family business. His parents wanted their son to gain some busines... More

Author's Note
Ch. 1 - The Ceremony
Ch. 2 - The Honeymoon
Ch. 3 - Family Discussions
Ch. 4 - Good Friends
Ch. 5 - Wedding Gift
Ch. 6 - The New Hires
Ch. 7 - Clashing Heads
Ch. 8 - Hard Work
Ch. 9 - Lunch Dates
Ch. 10 - New Ideas
Ch. 11 - Suspicions
Ch. 12 - First Fight
Ch. 13 - Plans
Ch. 14 - Shareholder's Meeting
Ch. 15 - Family Approval
Ch. 16 - Dinner Party
Ch. 17 - Inspiration
Ch. 18 - Assistance
Ch. 19 - Musical Stylings
Ch. 20 - A Modest Proposal
Ch. 21 - Side Steps
Ch. 22 - Double Date
Ch. 23 - Charity Ball
Ch. 24 - Divides
Ch. 25 - Date Night
Ch. 26 - Visits
Ch. 27 - Making It Work
Ch. 28 - Moving Forward
Ch. 29 - Wake Up Call
Ch. 30 - Family Favors
Ch. 31 - Assessing
Ch. 32 - Reporting
Ch. 33 - Visitors
Ch. 34 - Bonds
Ch. 35 - Next Steps
Ch. 36 - Deals
Ch. 37 - Celebrations
Ch. 38 - Exploring
Ch. 39 - Launch Party
Ch. 40 - Guys' Night
Ch. 41 - Girls' Night
Ch. 42 - Opportunities
Ch. 43 - Turning Point
Ch. 44 - Decisions
Ch. 45 - Showcase
Ch. 46 - Changes
Ch. 47 - Back to Work
Ch. 48 - Another Wedding
Ch. 49 - Different Directions
Ch. 50 - Favors and Secrets
Ch. 51 - Rides
Ch. 52 - Guidance
Ch. 53 - Confessions
Ch. 54 - News
Ch. 55 - Bad Timing
Ch. 56 - Flipping the Script
Ch. 57 - King or Boss
Ch. 58 - Deciding Factors
Ch. 59 - Crunch Time
Ch. 60 - Negotiations
Ch. 61 - Offers
Ch. 62 - Prep Work
Ch. 63 - Potential
Ch. 64 - Results
Ch. 66 - Epilogue
Extras

Ch. 65 - Free

110 7 4
By SkyPhoenix13125

A few days later, you did exactly what you'd promised. Held a celebration for the shareholders, employees, and assorted others that had helped you make your dreams a reality.

Seventeen Catering set up everything, although there had been a slight miscommunication when you requested their services. It took Jin explaining that you were not the Mrs. Min to have them agree to work with you, as they'd apparently flagged Yoongi's mother as a high-maintenance client.

They did a wonderful job, setting up the backyard with various decorations and so much food you wondered how you'd be able to eat it all. Jin practically glowed as he watched the other guests eat the food he'd helped to prepare; his promotion was treating him well and he was the happiest you'd ever seen him. He'd made sure to write down several recipes for the other staff to use while he and Amy were out of town.

Namjoon and Jungkook were fervently discussing work over drinks. Namjoon had wasted no time jumping into his new role, and he was obviously loving every second of it. Jungkook was throwing as much work as he could at him and the older man was taking it in stride.

"You trained him too well," Jungkook grumbled at you when Namjoon confidently said that he'd be leaving early on Friday.

"I hate to tell you, but that wasn't me," you replied. "You've got to find more ways to keep him busy."

Namjoon smirked. "And good luck with that. Luna and I are going to see a movie, so there's no way you're stopping me."

"Luna?" Yoongi repeated.

Sun smiled shyly. "I think Luna suits me better than Sun. I'm thinking about changing it."

"Sounds like a model's name," a deep voice chimed in. "Very pretty." You all turned to see Taehyung and Mark standing there.

"Thank you."

"Taehyung! Glad you could make it." Mark's arm fell from Tae's shoulders so he was free to give you a hug, as well as the others. You were quick to give Mark one as well, which he returned after a moment.

"I'm impressed they gave you both the time off," you commented.

"Models need rest," he said simply. "Especially the ones that have been busting their ass for new opportunities."

Yoongi had informed you that Taehyung had been offered a small role in a historical drama. And Mark was getting a few callbacks for movie roles. It was obvious their company would be pleased with that kind of work.

"Jungkook!" Mina exclaimed as she rushed over to him. "You have to try this lamb skewer." 

The two of them had been quite the talk around town recently. Jimin had been successful in getting Mina to join Hoseok's studio as a teacher, and she was going to start teaching ballet. But even so, it obviously wasn't going to stop her from enjoying good food now and again.

Yoongi turned an accusing glance toward Jin. "I thought you said you couldn't get lamb!"

"Don't look at me! I thought they were coming out after the announcement."

"This is delicious," Jungkook breathed as he swallowed and took another large bite of the food. "Jin, you've got to introduce me to this chef. He's amazing." 

"Only if you agree to hire us for your next event," Jin replied evenly. Jungkook gave him a thumbs-up in response while Mina handed him a napkin to wipe his mouth. He only flushed a little at her close proximity.

Someone grasped your shoulder. "(Y/N), your parents are here." You followed Hoseok's gaze to see your parents standing near the gate. Hoseok had been keeping watch for the two sets of parents in case they caused any trouble.

You quickly made your way over after sending Yoongi off to find Jimin and start the announcement. 

"Mom, Dad," you greeted them politely. "I thought you might be too tired to come."

"Sweetheart, we're sorry."

The surprise had barely registered on your face before your mom was hugging you. You glanced at your dad in confusion.

"We got a package in the mail," he said, holding out a disc. "Apparently, you and your...husband have been trying to sell the company to Park Jimin?"

You gently removed your mom from your shoulders so that you could face your dad. "Yes. We have. That's what this party is about," you explained.

"I used to believe you didn't have the right attitude to run the company. You worked hard but you shut down when things got too difficult to manage. This," he said, handing over the disc, "proves I never gave you the chance. So I'm sorry. If you want to run the company--"

You smiled thinly. "That's not your choice to make anymore. Didn't the Mins tell you?"

"Yeah, I got a long phone call about it," your father replied with a small chuckle. "They're in a real bind. You two didn't break any rules in the contract so we can't do anything."

"You're not mad?"

He shrugged. "It was never about money for us. It was about making sure that you were going to be taken care of. And it's obvious that you don't need me, or us, to make that decision for you anymore."

"What he's trying to say is he's proud of you," your mother whispered. "He wouldn't stop watching that video, talking about what a good negotiator you were."

"Thank you." You hugged them. "That means a lot."

You would later discover that the one behind the video was Yoongi. It was an altered cut of the meeting recordings he'd been receiving, which he'd created with Hoseok's help. He thought it would highlight what your parents had been ignoring all along - you weren't running away anymore. You were facing problems head on and coming out ahead.

"Ahem. Can everyone hear me okay?" a voice suddenly rang out across the backyard. You turned to see Yoongi standing on the small makeshift stage that had been set up at the back of the house. 

He gained everyone's attention and smiled softly. "My name is Min Yoongi. You may know me as the director of operations at (L/N) Enterprises."

A small cheer rang out through the crowd. He paused.

"It may shock you to know that I am not qualified for this position. This was expressed to me several times by our shareholders, by other employees, even my own wife." A few chuckles escaped at that. "In addition, I decided to step down from the position for personal reasons. So earlier this week, we had a shareholder's meeting to determine the fate of the company. The majority passed and (L/N) Enterprises will be sold to Park Industries. Some of you may recognize the current owner of that business, Mr. Park Jimin, as being one of our guests today."

Without any further ado, Jimin stepped onto the stage, grinning widely. His black hair had remained, although you thought you could see some blue coloring in it from certain angles.

"Thank you," he said as the light applause died down. "What Yoongi said is correct to a point. When I offered to buy the company, I didn't just want to keep it as it was. I offered to merge our companies together to become a better provider all around. (L/N) Enterprises will be under new management, but not under me." His eyes searched the crowd until they landed on yours. "I present to you, your new director."

Jimin swept his arm out in a dramatic gesture, beckoning you to the stage. The crowd eagerly parted to let you through and you slowly made your way to join them.

"Hi everyone," you said. "Most of you should know me. For those who don't, I work at (L/N) Enterprises as the head of customer service. I've been learning this industry from the inside out for several years, and I'm looking forward to growing as part of a new company with you."

There was a larger amount of applause for that. You smiled. "And in the spirit of that new company spirit, we will also be rebranding the company name. Moving forward, we will be known as Park-Min Industries. Thank you for coming out to help us celebrate this momentous occasion!"

You slipped past Yoongi off the stage, but he was quick to catch your hand. "You're keeping my name on it?" he murmured.

"I couldn't have done it without either of you. Even if you're going to be doing your own things, I wanted to include you in the new branding."

He scratched the back of his head. "Oh. Thanks."

"I figured I owed you that much."

The party was a massive success overall. There was plenty of food and fun for everyone that had been invited. You mingled with some of the new employees and heard from old ones about what kind of things they wanted to bring to table in this new company.

Most of the guests had already started leaving and you were actually starting to clean up when the Mins found you both.

"Yoongi," Mr. Min grunted.

"Dad. You still in a forgiving mood?" he asked.

He sighed heavily in response. "You're stepping down for this ridiculous music business, aren't you?"

"Yes."

"Yoongi, wasting your time--"

"Excuse me. Yoongi is not wasting his time pursuing his dream," you spoke up. "I know his music isn't exactly your style, but as his parents, you can at least try to support it. If you don't, you're going to regret it."

"Regret it?" Mrs. Min repeated. "Yoongi, what does she mean?"

"I...have an offer to work with a studio and produce a track."

Mr. Min raised his eyebrows. "An offer? A real offer?"

"Yes. And that's what I want to be working on, not some boring office job. No offense," he added with a glance at you.

"None taken," you assured him.

"Look, you told me just the other day that you wanted me to be successful. This is my chance. I know it's hard for you to accept, but--"

"No," Mr. Min interrupted. "I mean, yes. It is hard to accept, but if it's what you really want, then I guess we can live with it. But you'd better produce results."

Yoongi smiled in spite of himself. Some things would never change with his father, it seemed.

He extended his hand. "It's a deal, then."

"A deal," his father agreed, shaking hands firmly on it. 

"Speaking of deals, if you two are looking to have a patio done--" Mrs. Min spoke up.

"I don't think so," you interrupted quickly. "I'll be watching the house while Yoongi's gone, we don't want any big changes around here."

She sniffed. "Just a suggestion."

"Well....we'll be off, then. Have a good night." Mr. Min gently guided his wife out of the yard.

Yoongi glanced at you. "So you are keeping the house."

"Hmm?"

"You said 'we' don't want any big changes going on while I'm gone. So you do plan on keeping it?"

"Of course. I said that to get your mom off our backs. What's your point?" you asked as you threw some cups into a trash bag. "You're going to be living near the studio anyway."

"For the trial period, yes. But I was thinking about coming back once that's over."

"What? Why?"

"It'd be a lot of hassle to move all of my equipment."

"That's it?"

"Isn't that enough?"

"You're ridiculous. I ought to sell the house just to spite you."

You planned to walk away and grab more trash bags but Yoongi followed you. 

"If you don't want me to leave, you can just tell me, you know."

You scoffed. "What on earth gave you that idea?" 

"A little ballerina told me."

It took a moment for your brain to process the connection. "He told Mina?!" you exclaimed. "I'll kill Jungkook next time I see him!"

"So it's true then?" 

You froze. You'd just given Yoongi the answer he wanted. 

"Forget about whatever you heard, okay? It's not important now."

"Why not?"

"We both got what we wanted. You're going to produce a track and I have a new company."

"Writing music doesn't mean anything if you're not inspired. And what's the point of working long hours if there's no one to come home to?"

"What are you saying?"

"I don't want you out of my life. We make a really good team. And maybe that's not enough to stay married, but there's something here."

"How about this?" you suggested. "Let's wait until your trial period is over before we make a decision. Then we'll see how we feel."

"And I can leave my equipment with you?"

You sighed. "Yes."

"Then I accept."

"Great, can we go get more trash bags now?"

A few feet away, some of the others were clearing cups and plates as well. They'd been (politely) listening in on the exchange.

Hoseok grinned. "Bet they call each other every day."

"I'll take that bet," Namjoon replied. "Yoongi won't have time with work."

"Won't have time? I'd like to see him use that excuse," Jimin snickered.

"I bet they don't make it the three months," Amy added. 

Jin nodded firmly. "And if anything happens while we're gone, we'd better get a report. We've been rooting for them all along."

"If they get together, it's because of Mina and not you," Jungkook pointed out. Mina's eyes widened as Jin rounded on the two of them.

"That's ridiculous! How can you say that? After everything I've done for them and you think that Mina is going to get the credit?!"

"Jin, calm down," Taehyung managed between laughs. "What matters is that they're happy, not who gets the credit."

Mark smirked. "It's totally going to be Mina and Jungkook though." Jin glared at him in response.

The next morning, you drove Yoongi to the airport to catch his flight. It was a pretty silent journey, all the way to his gate.

"Well, this is it," he said as he double checked his boarding pass. "I'll see you in a few months."

He turned to grab his suitcase and you caught his sleeve. "Stay safe."

"I will," he replied softly. "Don't overwork yourself while I'm gone."

"I could say the same to you. Let me know when you land, okay?"

He nodded, fumbling for something in his bag before passing it over to you. "Here."

"What's this?"

"A song. It's not the track I'm going to use with Bang, but I thought you'd appreciate it."

A voice over the intercom started calling passengers to board.

"You wrote this for me?"

"Yeah. Let me know what you think."

"Yoongi--"

The voice called out again, and this time Yoongi started walking towards the gate. "Get home safe. I'll see you when I get back."

And before you could respond, he was already working his way through security. You stared down at the CD in your hand before deciding to leave.

Yoongi had already made two videos without your knowledge. One for the shareholder's meeting, and an altered version that he'd sent your parents. How much free time did he have to also make a song outside of his trial period?

You left the airport and got back into your car, heading for home.

As soon as you arrived, you went to Yoongi's studio and inserted the disc in his computer. You could have done it on your laptop, but it felt right to listen to one of his songs in his space.

You pressed play.

While Yoongi was waiting for the plane to take off, his phone buzzed with a new notification. He quickly glanced at it and saw that you'd sent him a text.

"I love you."

He smiled and typed back a reply. "I love you too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 453 27
What happens when a cold, rude business man who doesn't believe in love and a fearless and a stubborn girl crosses path. You - I see. I'll show you w...
60.3K 2.7K 63
You lived a normal life, you owned a small flower shop and everything was fine. Until you met him. ...
2.6K 116 12
You're a young girl, who's a little bit introverted and afraid to be under everybody's eyes. You only have your best friend, but it's ok for you. You...
335K 9.8K 15
He walked to me and I was stepping backwards until my back hit the wall. "Don't go out with any other guy ever again." ❤💋❤💋 After I turned 20, my...